Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 8, 2008 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this Anime!!! XD
I like to see Neuro torturing Yako!!! Is Hilary!!!!
In the end still there is the solution of great mistery: The death of Yako's Father!!!
Excellent anime! Wanted another season!!! XD
Oct 11, 2008 6:53 AM

Sep 2008
I do hope they continue the story from the manga as it was awesome :D
Apr 24, 2009 7:31 AM

May 2008
I like the ending, I'm glad that Neuro came back
This anime was really enjoyable, I'll probably read the manga
May 14, 2009 3:14 AM

Apr 2009
A lot of people are talking about why didnt Neuro eat the mystery. There are multiple reasons. First off, Yako really wanted to do this mystery in private as it was very dear to her. Neuro, beoming more full of human emotions, understood this. He didn't want to come in when he didn't do most of the work and eat it. He did it out of respect for Yako and all that she has taught him.
Second, it wasn't the "Ultimate Mystery". If it truly was, Neuro would have sensed if from the start with the death of her father and tried to pursue this instead of going for the smaller ones the whole season.

Good series, but a little to episodic for my tastes.
May 16, 2009 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
You know, I really enjoyed this show.

Admittedly it wasn't perfect. The episodic pacing in the beginning left a lot to be desired in terms of engaging plot, however I didn't seem to mind at all. I just fell in love with the characters, and I think that's what really drew me in. Neuro's probably one of the most awesome characters I've seen in a long time. The final arc had me hooked, and looking back on the whole show I know that I'll miss it. Despite its flaws, this show is still worth seeing, and I think I'm off to find the manga now. :)
Jun 3, 2009 5:14 PM

May 2009
i actually like the ending alot, and of course the father's death wasn't great...
and sai being her half brothers nuts too...too me the details of the whole thing was kind of sketchy....but i still give the series a 9/10
i was so glad when he came back in the end, and i wouldn't mind a second season
Aug 4, 2009 4:21 AM
Jan 2008
This anime was unbelievable. I really think that Yako saved Sai because hes her half brother. Seems like it, if her dad really did meet Seiren. Cant wait for season 2!!!
Aug 4, 2009 1:57 PM

Jan 2008
I would be thrilled if they announced a second season. We can only hope! *crosses fingers*
Aug 16, 2009 5:54 AM

Aug 2009
There are some moments that weren't discovered. Maybe we will learn more about Yoko's father's death in second season. You know manga is still appearing and adventures of detective aren't going to the end. So we're waiting for the continuation.
Aug 18, 2009 10:33 PM

Apr 2009
i really liked Sai.. And Neuro always made me lol. In the end im happy he came back.
Aug 20, 2009 6:26 AM

Oct 2008
The anime was enjoyable while it lasted :) Off to read the manga now!

Oct 8, 2009 2:56 PM

May 2009
well everything was predictible, i guess
n' abit odd
however i loved series
hope for 2 second season
8/10(?)
Nov 16, 2009 2:20 AM

Sep 2009
awesome ending
i liked the sai x neuro fight and evil lavender just looked sooo cool xD
i was so glad to see neuro back in the end and godai left forever D:
it was a very awesome episode and a great way to finish a series for me
i hope there will be more in the future and im going to watch more anime like this one xD

Dec 12, 2009 6:41 PM

Jun 2008
MistressMorbid said:
You know, I really enjoyed this show.

Admittedly it wasn't perfect. The episodic pacing in the beginning left a lot to be desired in terms of engaging plot, however I didn't seem to mind at all. I just fell in love with the characters, and I think that's what really drew me in. Neuro's probably one of the most awesome characters I've seen in a long time. The final arc had me hooked, and looking back on the whole show I know that I'll miss it. Despite its flaws, this show is still worth seeing, and I think I'm off to find the manga now. :)

That was almost exactly what I was going to say. I'm going to go read the manga now too.

I'll give the anime 7/10
Dec 17, 2009 9:10 PM
Jun 2009
I love Neuro from the bottom of my heart and more~ I have a TON of pics of him on my phone and show him to my friends like everyday! Im really sad that the anime ended, and a season 2 would be nice, but i kinda think we should leave it at that :) i mean, we still have the manga! Im reading the manga right now and im enjoying it!

At the ending i was crying because Neuro died, but i thought it suited it. But next moment when i heard his voice and his hand on top of Yakos head, THE TEARS WOULDNT STOP! I loved the anime especially that the neding was open, i really love it like that :)

so 5/5 = 10/10 for the anime for me, i just love it to much ;)

NEURO FOREVER!!!
May 31, 2010 9:15 AM

Jan 2010
I thought it was an amazinggg ending! At first I thought maybe Neuro wouldn't come back, and I was about to cry, but he did, so it's alright.
Jun 14, 2010 6:50 AM
Jun 2010
I had to make an account just to voice my thoughts on this episode..

Yako just released a serial killer who has killed god knows how many people back onto the streets of Japan..

REALLY?

She's a pretty annoying character. Neuro is the only reason I watched this series.

CMON REALLY? JUST GONNA TIE HIM TO A BED AND EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE OKAY?

"It's okay, he's only killed so many people, innocent and otherwise because he is a (nice?) person."

Makes me wanna puke. I've been waiting ever since he first showed up to see him die AND IT GIVES ME THIS?

FUUUUUU.
Jul 8, 2010 12:08 AM

Jan 2010
Hmm... if Seirei had a loved and that lover was a japanese architect, if that person was Yako's father and those two had a child and if that child was Sai, doesn't that make Sai and Yako half-siblings?
Jul 8, 2010 12:12 AM

Jan 2010
DaBigD said:
Great ending! Kinda disappointed the way it finished, Neuro should've eaten the mystery of Sai and Yako being brother and sisters. But that would mean that Neuro wouldn't be returning (the more greatest mystery?) These endings effect me way too much than they should. Would've gived 3/5 if the episode ended without Neuro's return.Just like
It deserves 9/10 now. Hopefully we will have a second (third will be too much) season where Neuro solves Sai-Yako relationship and a bit on Akane-chan. Maybe a new arch-enemy.
Could you not spoil other series' endings please? I am sure we'd all appreciate that.

Hmm... if Seirei had a loved and that lover was a Japanese architect, if that person was Yako's father and those two had a child and if that child was Sai, and I know those are a lot of "if"s, but doesn't that make Sai and Yako half-siblings?
werrstonJul 8, 2010 4:14 AM
Sep 26, 2010 4:35 AM

Jul 2010
I like this anime so much ^^ 9/10

Neuro is great, I think I'll add him to my top 10 fav chars :D He makes the whole anime but I also like Yako :) It's too bad that there are some mysteries unleft but it would also be kinda.. weird.. if everything were to be explained in the last episode (about Akane, about Sai etc) so I guess it's ok. I would've loved it if there would be a season 2/more episodes, Neuro is just too epic :D I like the ending -surprise! I almost hate every open ending xd- and I think it's fine. I really liked it that Yako wanted to save Sai, it's so like her :)

I lolled when I saw those guys "All hail Neuro" XD
May 30, 2011 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
i liked it quite alot 7/10
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Sep 5, 2011 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
That was so cool!! owo. i'm still amazed, i hope they make season 2. I mean.... must! The story can be continued, i wanna know more about sai.
i'm proud of yako, in this epi has shown that she can be a detective.
Apr 5, 2012 4:29 PM

Jan 2012
a little above average overall...

anti-climatic ending

7/10
Jan 15, 2013 3:55 PM

Nov 2011
And...finished!

A fun supernatural series at that and great to see Neuro back at the end there while Sai getting his ass handled. Hoping for a S2 in the future as well but for now, I'll give this a 7/10

Going to miss Yako Sensei and Neuro with their comedic ways.
Jan 29, 2013 4:59 AM
May 2007
10/10 I'm soooo gonna miss Neuro and I seriously thought he won't be coming back! I cried. He always makes my days ♥ And seeing Sai in Yoko's arms crying while hearing Aya's song, that was deeply touching. I want to see more of those two together!

yumiche said:

And this remains untold in the anime. I always felt a connection between Eishi and Sai. The butterfly he always sees in the OP and he saw it again when he got back to America. There felt too many mysteries to unfold, a 2nd season is highly expected anytime.
Feb 17, 2013 3:03 PM

Jul 2012
It's over! Mixed feelings about that. The ending was't that strong but at the end of the day, I liked it^^ glad that Neuro came back, Godai must return to working with them! 😊 When Yako said she wanted to save Sai I was a bit like the eff is she thinking. But then I resigned myself to think that that's just who she is. But then I was surprised that he disappeared (though that was probably expected). Hope he doesn't commit murder again >.< we did get to see him sitting on something that was high from the ground, looking at the city in the credits though. Concerning Sai and Yako, I think they're probably half siblings. Neuro did get see like an aura-ish that covered the two when Yako held Sai.. Well, I'd say that Godai would be my favorite character from this series^^

Fir the series as a whole, I'd say that I really enjoyed it. Though I did stop watching this at around episode 14 for around half a year-ish.. >.< but I'm glad I picked it up again^^

8/10 for me~
Jun 27, 2013 11:18 PM

May 2012
I was going to give it 6/10 since for the most part it was too predictable and there were quite a few lapses in logic but the last three episodes were pretty good(as was everything involving Sai) so I'll give it a 7/10. I'd check out a second season but I'm guessing it's a little late at this point.
Dec 18, 2013 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
Neuro comes back! Nice ending. Overall a solid series although the first couple of mysteries were extremely predictable. Wouldn't mind a second season.
Mar 23, 2014 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
Ah~ this series was quite enjoyable, at times the murderer was obvious but still enjoyable. My favorite characters have to be Neuro he is just awesome~ The ending was cool I loved it and happy Neuro came back and hoping Godai did too.
Nov 19, 2015 7:27 AM

Jun 2011
ADHthaGreat said:
I had to make an account just to voice my thoughts on this episode..

Yako just released a serial killer who has killed god knows how many people back onto the streets of Japan..

REALLY?

She&#039;s a pretty annoying character. Neuro is the only reason I watched this series.

CMON REALLY? JUST GONNA TIE HIM TO A BED AND EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE OKAY?

"It&#039;s okay, he&#039;s only killed so many people, innocent and otherwise because he is a (nice?) person."

Makes me wanna puke. I&#039;ve been waiting ever since he first showed up to see him die AND IT GIVES ME THIS?

FUUUUUU.
Exactly my thought, taking compassion way too far in my opinion, though that's very Yako-like.

The series in term of mystery is very very weak, and it worsen the series in my opinion because a lot of time it was spent on the mystery. However, the character interaction and the comedy are pretty good, Yako's characterization for the most part is quite good too, at least she doesn't always wait for help and actually try to do something by herself. I do come to find her gluttonous side annoying later on though, as she has shown no concern for other people by hogging all the foods for herself, even if it's shown as a joke.

Neuro is indeed the main hook of the series, he's just mysterious like that, and his design is cool. Godai is MVP, real tsundere bro! The rocket launcher was full of win. I wish they would've shown more from the 2 policemen, I really liked them but they remain as a sidekick for most of the time.

I've seen some comments that state that this series contains some fillers and apparently switches things up a little (Mystery surrounding Yako's dad death was resolved within the first volume), and because of that, there were some inconsistencies like the way Neuro calls Yako "subordinate no.1 or no.2, and some others regarding the relationship between the characters. It's also quite unbelievable that nobody seems to be shocked at whatever supernatural occurrence, like Neuro transforming or Sai's superpower. (don't tell me they can't see Neuro's demonic power, I know that, but look at how Neuro fought in the final episode, that was clearly beyond human, remember the toad professor few episodes back? He spits poison..)

Overall, it's alright, could've been better, but it's brought down by its weak mystery.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 19, 2016 2:37 AM

Jun 2010
Nice ending, but it took a while to reach this. Liked the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2017 8:15 AM

Oct 2012
That moment when you worship a demon as a god :D

Probably that was Majin Tantei's mangaka, asking for help xD

But Sai is free once again
Doesn't that mean the worst mystery still exist? :0

I don't know I feel like the ending is pretty anti climax.. Is that what they called?
Unsatisfying end, kinda like power rangers ending
"Our heroes journey are not ending here, the evil still exist and they're going to prevail justice forever"
Something cliche like that..
I think I'll see manga's ending
"Signature removed"
Sep 9, 2017 11:42 PM

Jan 2016
The fact that I almost thought that Neuro wouldn't come back made me almost give the series 5/10..

My theory is that Sai and Yoko are like half siblings. The connection with her father and Sai being reborn is suspicious already.

Kinda glad that Neuro came back, still I was wondering who was that fat guy following Yoko, his been in the series for some time already since David Rice's case..The fat guy was watching them.

Well I'd give this series a. 7.8/10 ..
Feb 14, 2018 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
I never like when an anime ends like this, too many loose ends.
Jan 18, 2019 8:53 AM

Sep 2014
Nice Episode, Neuro's Evil Lavender was magnificent. The Ending was good but it was kinda stupid to see yako trying to save sai but i guess that's how she is. The murder cases in this show were simple but it was quite fun to see how neuro solves it using his evil tools. The supernatural element is what separates this anime from others. However I'm a bit discontent because neuro never displayed his full potential.
Aside from that, I enjoyed this show and its characters were amazing. I am curious to know the mystery behind akane-chan so i will read the manga in future for sure.
Feb 10, 2019 2:13 PM
Jan 2018
Guys which manga chapter did the anime end at :0
May 25, 2019 9:26 PM

Oct 2015
What a lame way to solve Yako's dad death mystery, I thought it would be more epic than that. I'm also disappointed by the cheesy comeback of Neuro, that shit has been done a lot in anime. I was more annoyed by the fact Yako wanted to be Sai's side, who escaped by the way. In my view it felt like she chose him than Neuro.

6/10 disappointed.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 8, 2021 12:53 AM

May 2017
They're gonna let a brutal serial killer get away just because he has a tragic backstory, spared a few people, and because he's Yako's half brother? Seriously? Oh well...

Besides several unanswered questions and a few questionable decisions, it was a fun and entertaining anime. 7/10
Jul 26, 2021 8:32 AM

Feb 2020
I hoped better from assassination classroom mangaka. Sure, its dark but most villans are cartoonish and have cartoonish reasoning. Mystery is poor, they are not even trying (culprit are too obvious and some events are too dumb). Yeah, it get better. case kind of somewhat improves in the second half, hal and sai case was some of the good ones.characters are the strong point. Ending is decent (though they went anime original).
Overall I liked it. But its far from the masterpiece (assassination classroom) which mangaka created later on
AdampkJul 26, 2021 8:44 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 12, 12:08 PM

Jul 2011
This is quite an unsatisying ending, there are a lot of things that are either not answered (Akane) or poorly answered (Sai killed Yato's father but why ? He didn't seem involved with the cult).

Still overall, I didn't dislike it, even if often the culprits were too obvious and the ending is meh.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 21, 2008

25 by Eyth »»
May 10, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 5, 2008

30 by Eyth »»
May 8, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 13 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 24, 2008

26 by Eyth »»
May 8, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 12 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 23, 2008

16 by Eyth »»
May 8, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 8 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 3, 2008

19 by Eyth »»
May 7, 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.