Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2008 12:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

ROFL!! When Godai was taking a piss, Yako saw the shadow of his 'worm' and thought it was Kishi. xD

Other than that the episode was another average one.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 5, 2008 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
I don't think it was Average, it was another great episode. I was surprised at how neuro acted directly after he consumed the mystery.
Mar 5, 2008 4:54 PM
Feb 2008
It was cute, haha. Ishigaki is adorable. <3 I really enjoyed this episode.
Mar 5, 2008 6:14 PM

Oct 2007
this one was a good episode. hopefully Sai will make an appearance soon. :)
Mar 5, 2008 6:25 PM

Jan 2007
i love the pigged out Yako face.
Mar 5, 2008 6:43 PM

Jan 2008
"I saw a worm" that made my day
Mar 5, 2008 7:00 PM

Mar 2007
The "worm" was making me LMAO, but.........

.......I'm still getting disappointed by the lack of concrete evidence in these deductions. >.>
The only reason these people keep getting caught, is because they all turn into freaky creatures and start confessing their crime too early. If I go watch at a random Detective Conan episode, the suspect always cries for proof. They didn't find the (bloody) piano wire, nor any other kind of real proof he did it and not someone else...
In the end the possibility of the dude having killed his best friend and sliced him in half with a piano wire is just as plausable as some Loch Ness monster-wannabe who felt like biting the dude in half (eventhough it didn't eat him)...... >.>

...maa, I guess that's Neuro for you ya, eh? ^_^;
Mar 5, 2008 8:20 PM

Oct 2007
i agree
the worm part was funny
i liked how neuro came out of the shadow and grabbed the museum owners head, that was pretty cool

i enjoy these neuro episodes, theyre fun!
Mar 6, 2008 3:10 AM

Feb 2008
lol the worm part was funny XD i love that part so overall the episode was great :D
Mar 6, 2008 5:02 AM

Sep 2007
Boursk said:

.......I'm still getting disappointed by the lack of concrete evidence in these deductions. >.>
The only reason these people keep getting caught, is because they all turn into freaky creatures and start confessing their crime too early. If I go watch at a random Detective Conan episode, the suspect always cries for proof. They didn't find the (bloody) piano wire, nor any other kind of real proof he did it and not someone else...
In the end the possibility of the dude having killed his best friend and sliced him in half with a piano wire is just as plausible as some Loch Ness monster-wannabe who felt like biting the dude in half (even though it didn't eat him)...... >.>

I agree in real life you can catch a murder blood handed, and they will still claim innocence. I guess Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, is more about suspending belief, then the actual crime. I mean in Detective Conan you couldn't tell who was evil just by looking at them - you can here. It lacks the cleverness of the manga, but it'll pass - bearly. This is an anime about demons - so how realistic can we expect it to get...? We've been spoiled by other anime like - Shounen Onmyouji, Mushishi, and Yuu Yuu Hakusho. If you want some symbolism of cleverness with intricate twisted plots? Then you want Akagi, or Paranoia Agent - not Neuro.

My favorite part - Neuro's fake fear at the end.
I thought it was was cute how he hid behind Yako.
^_^
Mar 6, 2008 6:37 AM

Mar 2007
Ethereal_Chime said:
Boursk said:

In the end the possibility of the dude having killed his best friend and sliced him in half with a piano wire is just as plausible as some Loch Ness monster-wannabe who felt like biting the dude in half (even though it didn't eat him)...... >.>

I agree in real life you can catch a murder blood handed, and they will still claim innocence. I guess Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, is more about suspending belief, then the actual crime. I mean in Detective Conan you couldn't tell who was evil just by looking at them - you can here. It lacks the cleverness of the manga, but it'll pass - bearly. This is an anime about demons - so how realistic can we expect it to get...? We've been spoiled by other anime like - Shounen Onmyouji, Mushishi, and Yuu Yuu Hakusho. If you want some symbolism of cleverness with intricate twisted plots? Then you want Akagi, or Paranoia Agent - not Neuro.

^_^
I don't completely agree with you there. I agree that Neuro really is being unnatural with its supernatural demon things, but in the end it's also a detective anime. One would expect that the deductions are solid, without any room of doubt, since that's the detective's job.
The argument that it's an anime about demons is IMO a non-argument. I would accept it, if the victems were killed by actual demons who used their demon powers. So it's really not a problem of realism, it's more of a story problem. (I mean a detective without solid deductions IMO, is like a comedy without anything to laugh about, or a romance without pairings...)
I hope with the "being able to see who's evil" only applies to the demon-like faces the suspects make after neuro did his deduction, since it's hardly always possible to know who did it from the beginning in Neuro (purely based on outward appearance).

Despite everything, I am enjoying Neuro. It does has its own charm, but I just felt like venting about the way they put the detective element in this series.

(Just one last thing. I don't mean to offend you, but....to say I'm spoiled by an anime like Yuu Yuu Hakusho....not really >.<
It was a nice anime, but...it really didn't strike me as anything close to "WOW!" when I watched it. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood or anything when I watched it.... ^_^; )
Mar 6, 2008 7:17 PM

Sep 2007
Boursk said:
Ethereal_Chime said:
Boursk said:

^_^
I don't completely agree with you there. I agree that Neuro really is being unnatural with its supernatural demon things, but in the end it's also a detective anime. One would expect that the deductions are solid, without any room of doubt, since that's the detective's job.
The argument that it's an anime about demons is IMO a non-argument. I would accept it, if the victems were killed by actual demons who used their demon powers. So it's really not a problem of realism, it's more of a story problem. (I mean a detective without solid deductions IMO, is like a comedy without anything to laugh about, or a romance without pairings...)
I hope with the "being able to see who's evil" only applies to the demon-like faces the suspects make after neuro did his deduction, since it's hardly always possible to know who did it from the beginning in Neuro (purely based on outward appearance).

Despite everything, I am enjoying Neuro. It does has its own charm, but I just felt like venting about the way they put the detective element in this series.

(Just one last thing. I don't mean to offend you, but....to say I'm spoiled by an anime like Yuu Yuu Hakusho....not really >.<
It was a nice anime, but...it really didn't strike me as anything close to "WOW!" when I watched it. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood or anything when I watched it.... ^_^; )

Are you kidding me...! I could tell in every episode, every episode, who the killer was in the first 10 - 15 min... They give it away by their insane laughter and other stand offish ways --- Wait I lied... there are only two episode when I couldn't who the killer was. The one with that crazy mom, who was blowing up buildings; and the one with singer who killed every one she love, to feel sadness again. But every other episode... yeah. And I agree about Yuu Yuu Hakusho I just have a tendency to look back with fondness on that anime, because it was one one of the first anime I saw with so much bloodshed - Not counting Dragon Ball Z, because everybody always got wished back--- That pissed me off for some reason....
deadLightsMar 6, 2008 7:23 PM
Mar 7, 2008 9:41 AM

Mar 2007
Ethereal_Chime said:
Are you kidding me...! I could tell in every episode, every episode, who the killer was in the first 10 - 15 min... They give it away by their insane laughter and other stand offish ways --- Wait I lied... there are only two episode when I couldn't who the killer was. The one with that crazy mom, who was blowing up buildings; and the one with singer who killed every one she love, to feel sadness again. But every other episode... yeah. And I agree about Yuu Yuu Hakusho I just have a tendency to look back with fondness on that anime, because it was one one of the first anime I saw with so much bloodshed - Not counting Dragon Ball Z, because everybody always got wished back--- That pissed me off for some reason....
Well I didn't say it wasn't possible in every single episode....since there are killlers who just look like a killer, and who'd you just be disappointed if that person wasn't one. But there were also a couple of times when you actually saw who the killer was at the beginning or could deduce it very early (the last ep was a prime example of this).

But let's see...aside from the weird mom (who just seemed like a random person who became the suspect) and the singer (whom I was actually sad that she was the killer T.T ), you can't tell me you knew who the first sai or who the copkiller was.

I found the foreigner somewhat surprising, since, eventhough he was acting weird, he was just the standard standing out foreigner in anime. The case with the actor was somewhat dubious as well, since it could go either way between the manager and the actor (based on outward appearances).

So 6/14....it's nearly half of the episodes (though some of these are personal question marks I added to some of the suspects). And besides, the first 10-15 minutes? An episode is about 22 minutes (opening and ending included). So the first 10-15 minutes would be somewhere in the b-part of the episode. I'd say that's quite reasonable (15 minutes after the start would be 7 minutes before the end....that's about the time people get pointed at as the culprit).

Funny how this discussion went. It started out with me venting about something I found disappointing about Neuro, which you tried to defend, and now I'm trying to defend something you find disappointing about Neuro. :P

Let's just conclude that Neuro just fails as a detective series, but needs to get its charm from other genres (supernatural, comedy) which are being put in a detective wrapping.
Mar 7, 2008 7:34 PM
Oct 2007
Heh...

Worm...

Yeah this episode felt like another filler, but it was quite ok.
Mar 9, 2008 1:46 AM

Nov 2007
I thought this episode was rather lame. Yako didn't actually do anything to help. Godai was slightly more useful than usual but still didn't do anything. They told us who the murderer was early on. The murderer was just "lol you got me!" instead of denying anything. Ugh.

The highlight was when Ishigaki did Yako's "hanin wa..." pointy thing. It gave me a chuckle.

Also, lol penis joke?

Boursk said:
Let's just conclude that Neuro just fails as a detective series, but needs to get its charm from other genres (supernatural, comedy) which are being put in a detective wrapping.

Maybe you should stop looking at it as a detective series. Just because it's about a detective doesn't mean it has to be like Conan.
bluethreeMar 9, 2008 1:52 AM
Mar 10, 2008 4:39 AM

Mar 2007
bluethree said:
Maybe you should stop looking at it as a detective series. Just because it's about a detective doesn't mean it has to be like Conan.
Well, this anime is obviously a detective series. It isn't just about a detective, every episode has a case and gets solved. There is quite some character development going on, but in the end the main focus lies with the cases.
I did mention Detective Conan, but I could've mentioned Detective Academy Q as well. It doesn't really matter, since the argument was that the deductions weren't backed up well enough with hard evidence (which makes them mere theories). That's not exactly a trait you see only in Detective Conan.........

Either way, the point is is that my expectations were misplaced. Instead of expecting a solid detective series, the entertainment came (whether they made it like that on purpose or not) from a different angle. Which isn't a bad thing at all. Just somewhat confusing. ^_^
Mar 14, 2008 11:11 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
mickal555 said:
Heh...

Worm...

Yeah this episode felt like another filler, but it was quite ok.
QFT.

Took me a while to get around to watching this. Saaiiiiiiiiii. Kineta wants more Sai!
... Nothing like referring to yourself in the third person...
Mar 20, 2008 3:01 AM

Feb 2007
Gags were good, but it was another average case.
Dec 30, 2008 6:37 AM

Mar 2008
Oh my! That was awesome! Lol! 8D
Funniest episode from 1-15 8DDD
Apr 14, 2009 6:14 AM

May 2008
This episode was hilarious
Aug 15, 2009 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
Finy episode. And the lake monster may be an animal that Neuro let out.
Oct 7, 2009 4:00 PM

May 2009
Worm... *rofl*
Jul 5, 2010 1:09 AM

Jun 2008
hilarious.
Aug 9, 2010 6:35 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was soooo hillarious. I was trying hard to keep my laughter down, so my mom wouldn't wake up wondering what's wrong with me.. i dunno if I could explain the whole thing.. xD Especially the "worm" part made me ROFL so much that I had to pause the video!
On the other hand I think that with this episode they went one step behind again, since they didn't evolve the characters at all, and on the contrary they made Yako useless again.
In any case, since I had a great time watching it, i'm giving it a 5/5.
Loved the part at the end with the "scared" Neuro!! :P
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Dec 28, 2011 11:54 PM
Jul 2010
BlueYoshi said:
Gags were good, but it was another average case.

Truth.
Oct 2, 2012 5:43 AM
May 2007
Love how Neuro acted so innocently after eating the mystery. It's rare to see him acts like that!

Favorite moments:

Jan 19, 2016 2:59 AM

Jun 2010
Shadow-Chan said:

Haha, loved that one so much! Yako you lucky b*****
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 6:11 AM

Jan 2016
I lol'd so hard when they mentioned "worm"

poor Godai

looks like Yoko will be traumatized for eternity.. lmao
Feb 9, 2018 6:41 AM

Feb 2013
Nessie went to Japan, cool.
Sep 29, 2023 1:37 PM
Aug 2022
LMFAOOOOOO Godai's worm.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 21, 2008

24 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 30, 2023 3:10 AM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 19 Discussion

Boursk - Mar 18, 2008

26 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 29, 2023 3:34 PM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 14 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 27, 2008

29 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 29, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 20, 2008

18 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:50 AM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 13, 2008

22 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 28, 2023 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.