Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 13, 2023 9:38 AM
Aug 2023
new character to keep things interesting with drama? oh boy
Oct 13, 2023 9:59 AM
Nov 2022
The bad romcom that I need every season is without a doubt this one
Oct 13, 2023 10:22 AM
Jun 2022
After watching tonikawa , I never thought I will be able to such wholesome story again but I guess I was wrong , this anime is making me so diabetic , even though I have some disappointments with the girl like the author would've showed her blushing again or comforting Ryuto when he confessed that he thought she's gonna break up with him but yeah that's ok . I'm still loving this anime , waiting for the next season.
Oct 13, 2023 10:26 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to Softhenic03
Yes, it is a dream, a kind of exception that would only take place in the world of japanese cartoons… so, you’re not wrong to think whatever you went through the past day wasn’t actually humanly possible but is just a by-product of wish fulfilment, protag-kun.

Also, how people are not creeping out on the sight of this creature talking and tagging along with the prettiest girl in the town??? They should, right? Because that’s what human logic teaches us. At the very least, there’s that friend of Runa who does, and makes the right kind of faces whenever her eyes meet with this living being.

Though putting her aside, the date segment we had in this episode felt like the kind of thing the author must not have put any kind of thoughts before penning the same on a blank paper. So awkward and cringey, the likes of which we’ve seen a billion times already. But that’s not exactly the biggest problem, in reality whenever this dude opens his mouth, and starts mentioning about the magnitude of happiness he’s feeling after he started going out with the girl, is plainly unbearable.

By the way, I'm still not sure about the kind of genes Runa grew up with, but there's always an option of ending up normal. Anyways, they're not planning for some kind of love triangle thing right? Because I mean we're talking for this dude.
Softhenic03 said:
Also, how people are not creeping out on the sight of this creature talking and tagging along with the prettiest girl in the town??? They should, right? Because that’s what human logic teaches us

Seriously , I don't understand why are people behaving like this is the 1st time they are watching a rom com, I mean many famous animes like Komi can't communicate have shown the same thing that people treat her like a goddess even outside the school but don't creep while watching an average looking Introvert guy with her , I mean people won't creep even in the real world too even if they'll see some good looking girl with an average looking guy , atleast in the way you're describing so I still don't find any logic behind that
Oct 13, 2023 10:28 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to quintopia
Ryuto is too pure for this world. Even with his girlfriend, no straight guy is going to enjoy the world's worst activity (clothes shopping). Well, maybe it helps that he didn't have to try on any clothes at any point...
@quintopia
quintopia said:
(clothes shopping).

Believe me bro , when you are an introvert teenager , even just watching your crush for hours will seek so awesome, let alone shopping with her. I mean I've experienced that when I had my puberty at its peak 🥰
Oct 13, 2023 10:29 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to RaiYou
I wish that "naughty hotel" dream was true though :(

Anyway, it's so heartwarming to see Luna and Ryuuto on a date already despite we're just on episode two - something that I barely saw on other romcom anime out there. I can't wait to see what we will get next week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@RaiYou
RaiYou said:
I can't wait to see what we will get next week
Me too bro , I am desperately waiting for it
Oct 13, 2023 10:30 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to Swagernator
Yeah well, it aint exactly getting any better by the second episode, nor more funnier. It honestly streams down to the main guy, i mean he's unbearable to watch or listen to.

And as i'm not the person who wishes to marry a hologram, i can guess what was the author of this LN trying to convey to us the audience, i do get her message, and i think it's actually a positive one, still if anything is gonna make me drop this, its again, the unbearable main guy.

Bro, the date was a torture, like not that he never interacted with a girl, it's like if he never interacted with a human being before, then he has a mental breakdown cuz the girl did not read pm he send her, what is he ? A fresh and fit co-host or something.

But hey that other gyaru girl, Yamana, oh ye ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), we need more of that one.
@Swagernator
Swagernator said:
then he has a mental breakdown cuz the girl did not read pm he send her, what is he ? A fresh and fit co-host or something.

I guess you either never had a crush , especially in your puberty or you're not from this world
Oct 13, 2023 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
Ryuto's friends are surprised that he did not pursue further with Runa, and they're still on the whim that she's pretty much a slut. However, they're far from the truth as Shirakawa continues to stalk Ryuto and with that one hardcore gal of her bestie friend Nicole Yamana always staring at him, he feels pressured. Even more so, the date that Ryuto has no idea what he wants to do, he just wants to go with the flow, which Shirakawa is fine with anything either way. A date of shopping feels typical, but to Ryuto, he's content with her being happy, and that's all for him.

The prospect of Ryuto facing rejection is normal, but it's more like Shirakawa got a new phone case, and a couple one at that for a surprise for their relationship lasting a week long. Ryuto sharing to Shirakawa about the girl whom he had a crush with but was rejected, and her wish for a romance like that, it's a dream. But to think that Ryuto is a car otaku, Shirakawa felt like she neeed to go on the fast track, but that with her parents' divorce, everything went south thereafter of her thinking as a partner.

For now, Shirakawa is OK with Ryuto but that Nicole is not...and his near-ex of Maria Kurose comes to their school as a transfer student? Drama alert!
Oct 13, 2023 10:35 AM

Nov 2016
After Hajimete no Gal this episode reminded me more of my Dress Up Darling in duller. Only Ryuuto's seems more intense.

Maria will definitely want him now, it's always like this. When you're dating someone else, especially a person like Shirakawa you instantly become several times more attractive(even tho that applies mostly to ex girlfriends)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 13, 2023 10:47 AM

Jan 2021
EP 2 AND THE 2ND ONE IS ALREADY IN THE SCHOOL?? WTF

btw tbh i kinda dislike the mc

Oct 13, 2023 11:11 AM

Oct 2020
Things will become very awkward now.
Oct 13, 2023 11:44 AM
Jun 2022
okay im sorry.. but i hate the mc
Oct 13, 2023 11:48 AM
POLAR BEAR
Aug 2023
pretty cute episode overall. people giving him a hard time about the date must have never been in a real relationship because just watching the person you're with enjoy themselves will melt anyone thats actually in love. I thought it was funny when he started geeking out about cars because I've been in that exact situation and about the same topic and even the same car too just not the anniversary edition.

EP2 is still too early to draw conclusions but I don't think this is going to be what I was hoping for.
Achmetha0626Oct 13, 2023 12:40 PM
Oct 13, 2023 12:10 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Trezeguett
I'm seriously thinking about dropping this shit.
@Trezeguett same...I've already dropped my score for it to average, bordering bad. This whole, typical spineless dork who's afraid of girls or others looking at him, routine is annoying and played out.
Krazie316Oct 13, 2023 12:13 PM
Oct 13, 2023 12:24 PM

Sep 2020
Second episode is much better than the first one.
Oct 13, 2023 12:29 PM
Jan 2021
The ending sure was a rollercoaster of emotions. The next episode should be really good too
Oct 13, 2023 12:36 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
wow i really like it? Yeah sometimes it is just generic, but i think it is kinda sweet.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 13, 2023 12:57 PM
Apr 2017
don't mind me. I'm just here to check if ya'll are still as degenerate as I left you. don't disappoint u guys
my main candies:

bonus candy:

Oct 13, 2023 1:57 PM

Jan 2018
Welp that episode sure was something... on a slightly different topic why do doujins already exist for this like bruhhh.
Oct 13, 2023 2:14 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, from a semi scary start, this anime has begun to show the seeds of what might actually be a sweet romance. I am happy she bought him the cell phone case. I'm happy he went all car nerd on her.

But, I'm not happy with the girl he confessed to in middle school showing up. Argh. This poor guy has enough problems and insecurity already, without the old classmate's entrance throwing a spanner in the works ...
Oct 13, 2023 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
Oof... So they actually go for love triangle route...

Oct 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Dec 2021
I think I'm going to watch this the whole way through, though man... I ain't sure about the whole middle school crush thing. Next episode preview seems to indicate that it won't be as heavy as people here are making it out to be.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Oct 13, 2023 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Janko said:
Oof... So they actually go for love triangle route...

That was pretty much expected to be honest. The drama is needed to make it interesting. It would get repetitive if it was only about thier innocent dates and showing how cute Runa is.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 13, 2023 3:00 PM
May 2021
This seems better than other Gyaru anime's in terms of plot and story
animation is pretty good
also the guy isn't just constantly thinking about doing "it"
so I ll give this a watch ig
Oct 13, 2023 3:17 PM

Sep 2018
I'm disappointed the author felt they had to throw something so contrived as the "middle school crush" into the mix so quickly.

Is unpopular nerd boy at the apex of a love triangle really where they're going with this, how fucking unique!?

Hope I'm wrong...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 13, 2023 3:20 PM

Oct 2020
It’s fine. Very typical mono-romance episode with the overly wet protagonist whose name this time is Ryuto. I do kind of like this episode though for including a scene where Runa is clearly delighted at hearing Ryuto gush on about sports cars, which does show that she’s as interested in him as he is in her.

Next week will be interesting seeing as Ryuto’s former crush has transferred in AND he has Runa’s gal pal watching him like a hawk.
Oct 13, 2023 3:22 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
This episode was definitely better than the first one. It had a rough start, but it picked up a bit as it progressed. I'm no high school relationship guru, but I'm pretty sure it is a bad idea to tell your girlfriend that you shouldn't converse with her at school. For someone playing, "The Nice Guy," this dude is pretty unlikable so far. I guess, for some reason, this girl is cool with it. To me, that would be even more of a worrisome sign. At least the date and gifted cellphone cover moments were cute and enjoyable enough to be watchable. Of course, it ends with more red flags when the previous love interest is brought up. I guess we have some rivalry, jealousy, and misunderstandings in our near future.

Don't be fooled, the look of max boredom on my face is simply because the excitement that an anime likes this provides cannot possibly be expressed on a human face.
Oct 13, 2023 3:37 PM
Aug 2020
it was not a bad ep, the guy need self confidence, and the girl is finally learning to do things correctly...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 13, 2023 3:50 PM
Nov 2022
Quite interesting but I don't like that Ryuto is one of those weird guys who throws himself on the floor to be picked up (metaphorically); basically that he constantly puts himself down.
Oct 13, 2023 3:57 PM
Feb 2021
The Opening musically is a banger... visually one of the most boring OPs ive ever seen
Oct 13, 2023 3:59 PM

May 2008
Ohhhh boy...Kurose reeks of another Sumi situation from Rent A Girlfriend. Wonder if it's gonna be a 'oh you're dating the popular girl? i liked you all along so date me instead.' type deal. I need drama!

Oct 13, 2023 4:16 PM

Jul 2019
I think it is natural for the majority of people to feel disgusted by MC's nature. You need to see the world in broader sense, and think that the world is not filled only by people with same trait.

I'm just glad that the MC is not the usual guy who can interact conventionally with other girl, because that's what the majority of romcom MC's doing commonly lol. Looking forward for the chara development.
Oct 13, 2023 4:19 PM
Nov 2022
One of the main reasons I disliked hajimete no gal was due to the annoying friends ,I hope that's not the case here😔
Oct 13, 2023 4:27 PM
Apr 2023
I really enjoyed that scene with the train station, honestly i am really tempted to go for the manga but i will hold off xD
Oct 13, 2023 4:35 PM

Oct 2015
2 episodes in now. And outside of being bait for some toxic discourse, don’t really think it has anything to show for it.

And if I’m keeping track correctly we have 6 named characters with at least 3 being blatantly unappealing. The MC’s “friends” are just kinda dicks. Maria explicitly lead MC on then rejected him, which works fine for a flashback for MC, not as back story for a newly introduced character. And I especially don’t like this if as the OP seems to suggest, this will end up being a love triangle? MC is a wet blanket, far beyond just awkward. Nicole (FMC’s friend) distrusts MC for 0 reason but maybe that can get redeemed. Runa is fine but far from enough to carry the show unfortunately.
Oct 13, 2023 4:52 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Trezeguett
I'm seriously thinking about dropping this shit.
@Trezeguett See you next week xD
Oct 13, 2023 4:58 PM
Dec 2022
Ryuuto is such a beta atm, but ngl his childhood crush coming in might spice sone things up
Oct 13, 2023 5:02 PM

Apr 2020
YO! Is that a Supra?
Oct 13, 2023 5:12 PM
May 2017
Ryuuto has a serious self-esteem issue but he is honest and is in love with Runa. It is up to Runa to mend the broken Ryuuto to have a decent boyfriend and future husband... who knows?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 13, 2023 5:14 PM

May 2019
Eh, this episode was maybe a bit better than the first one but the MC is somewhat insufferable and he kind of reminds me of Kazuya. I don't really get Nicole though, if she's protective of Runa against someone harmless like Ryuto, where was she when all the other guys used her?

Anyways, I'm thinking Maria will find out that Ryuta is dating Runa which will suddenly make her interested in Ryuto again. Runa herself sounded like she may still dump Ryuto when she was talking to her friend on the phone. Hopefully this trainwreck will least be entertaining to watch unfold...
Oct 13, 2023 5:18 PM
May 2017
Reply to ThePhilosoph4
YO! Is that a Supra?
@ThePhilosoph4 Yes, sir! A 2020 Toyota GR Supra RZ Horizon Blue Edition.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 13, 2023 5:44 PM

Feb 2019
@_Douma_ the numbers mason
Oct 13, 2023 5:46 PM

Feb 2019
Ah shit Maria is here? This is gonna make things a lot more interesting. I do love runa gradually learning to love herself, but I am a sucker for a good old fashioned love triangle. I really wish Ryuto would stop being so down on himself and putting her on a pedestal. Just be normal. I think runa getting hype about ryuuto gawking over cars was pretty realistic. A lot of girls just love hearing guys talk about what they’re passionate about. If Ryuuto would stop being so pessimistic and self deprecating he would have a much better time. He’s a smart dude with a lot to offer. Don’t sell yourself short
Oct 13, 2023 6:03 PM

Sep 2018
Man, this show is tropey. It's like it's straight out of early 2000s.
Oct 13, 2023 6:05 PM
Oct 2022
Marinate1016 said:
@_Douma_ the numbers mason

its new so not in english yet
Oct 13, 2023 6:57 PM

Apr 2022
insert *is that a supraaaaa* meme. the dialogue in this show was written by AI though, why would you even wanna hear about your bf's past love life so cheerfully lol and the mid animation ain't helping either. can't believe we got a love triangle thing about to kick off already, but like seriously, this guy?

the only part of the episode i didn't have a straight face was when the mc's friends were laying it down on him lmao.
Oct 13, 2023 8:05 PM

Oct 2022
That sports car flirt was awesome dude...and another third wheel...I know we will end up feeling bad for someone by the time this ends.
UndefeatedBahamut
Oct 13, 2023 8:25 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Eh this was ok.

I still can't stand the MC how how worrisome he can be, like the moment where he flipped out cause his text wasnt instantly read came off as pretty cringe.

I can only hope that he becomes a more confident person as the show goes on.
Oct 13, 2023 9:18 PM

Dec 2022
Despite how this started, it looks like this series may be more wholesome than I thought. Looks like things are gonna get interesting
Oct 13, 2023 9:28 PM
Oct 2023
Still don't like the fmc f'd countless guys before the mc but I'll watch it. Plot thickens. I can predict what's gonna happen next pretty easily ngl. I'm going team black hair girl.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

160 by kaneki1231_ »»
2 hours ago

» This anime destroy the stereotypes about popular girls

passtur - May 12

23 by kaneki1231_ »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

322 by Cauebrs10 »»
Jul 25, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

79 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jul 22, 3:23 PM

» How bad any anime can get?

rishamr - Apr 12

1 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 5, 2:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.