Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2018 12:44 PM

Apr 2009
grassarm said:
Oh my god, the pink jacket is coming back. 10/10 anime of the year already.

I was very surprised when I saw that preview.
Now imagine if this anime has an arc for each jacket... and ends with introducing a new one.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 3, 2018 6:50 AM

Oct 2008
Lupin had it planned all along! all was staged!
They event went for doing AR tech! nice!
Ami is now goin' school i really hope that's the end of her arc, or maybe she'll be a part of Lupin's sub team if need some hacking services of her!
5/5.

May 3, 2018 8:08 AM

Oct 2015
Ah, Lupin Game arc finally ended. I'm not a fan of it. Less interesting than the Davinci one too. Ami's character didn't really click to me. I hope she isn't a recurring character. Next episode looks good. Looking forward to it
May 3, 2018 1:42 PM
May 2015
That was a great conclusion to Ami's debut arc and this show's debut arc.

Lupin took full advantage of people using their screens too much. There's a lesson in that.

And even Zenigata knew Lupin couldn't be dead. So that's fine.

I knew that Glass dude was scum, but to break completely and beg Zenigata for mercy, he must really have no balls. Which is the point of the title "A crook's resolve."

Anyway Ami is safe, and in school. And we can see more of her in the future.
May 4, 2018 7:07 PM

Jul 2012
What a ride this 5-parter was! I love this series so much, I'm really glad I started watching this despite not having seen previous seasons yet.

Looking forward to the next arc!
May 4, 2018 9:17 PM

Feb 2015
EGOIST said:
Ah, Lupin Game arc finally ended. I'm not a fan of it. Less interesting than the Davinci one too. Ami's character didn't really click to me.

HA! Hahaha, ha... oh wait, you're serious? Damn.

Amazing first arc and "episode" of the series. It could end here and still easily rank as one of the series' best.

Also, guys, I highly doubt this is the last time we'll actually be seeing Ami. I'm betting she returns at least around when the big bad from the key art finally shows up. And regarding that episode preview: I'm super hyped for the return of pink jacket and the more retro and cartoony style. This series is constantly throwing curveballs at us and I was not expecting this at all. I imagine it's just a one-off standalone (maybe non-canon too) deal and the next episode will be another mini-arc. Which, if that's the structure they plan on going with over the duration of the season I'm totally down for it. A nice healthy mix of mini-arcs and standalone adventures sandwiched in-between for a bit of levity.
May 5, 2018 5:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great episode to close the arc!!!
Lupin III never dies!!! lol
I liked the mysterious phone conversation between Lupin III and Fujiko...I hope that the last episode of this season ends together, although it´s the Lupin III dream of ever!!!! lol
May 26, 2018 8:29 PM

Sep 2016
It was obvious that Lupin wasn't dead, but man, this Drone Fighter plan is unbelievably good. This anime really shows us how to close an arc, what a ride, and the way that they show us how she develops is awesome!
Mar 25, 2019 11:00 PM

Oct 2012
Oh it's actually Jigen & Fujiko?
I thought it was Goemon, aww I failed :(
Made sense though since Jigen is the sniper, Goemon can't wield any technology, so it's Fujiko

Nah Fujiko and Lupin will meet again, it's just how it is
Guess that'll be last time we see Ami?

Next ep, eyy Pink Jacket and the artstyle looks like part 3, I loved it
Rayl1ghtMar 26, 2019 3:41 AM
"Signature removed"
Jun 15, 2019 7:13 AM

Jul 2009
This feels like an Ending to Ami's story tbh. But we all know she'll be back(hopefully). It seems they are switching things up and having it by new arcs instead of one season arc like what they did with Rebecca and the last Part.

Also, kinda sad to see Fujiko and Lupin having this sort of "Ex" feeling. I guess it had to reach at some point?

Anyways, I can't wait to see more Lupin!!
Sep 11, 2019 4:31 AM

Sep 2011
As expected, Fujiko never meant to hurt Lupin, and she was the Drone Fighter all along. No wonder Ami just accepted Lupin's "death" like that, she helped faking it with her technological powers after all. And then those three were found out by Ami, and Lupin could strike back. Marco Polo is finished, Lupin, his team, and Ami are free to go, and Zenigata was even put back on Lupin's case after being the one who took all the credit for ending Marco Polo. xD

He was so kind with Ami too, it was nice that she left him a note instead of just disappearing, and to see her thanking him in the end. And well, she is really brave and useful, she could truly become part of the team. But for now she "has" to have some human contact I guess. I hope school life is kind to her, at least she is excited about it. And that phone call between Lupin and Fujiko felt so wistful, something surely happened between them, and it's kind of sad to see them talking to each other like that. The OST was on point though. :D But welp, end of "Episode I."
Oct 13, 2020 8:47 PM
Nov 2018
Whoa wasn’t expecting this to end so soon lol. Kinda different from part 4. Probably no the last we will see ami though. Fujiko during the end of the call, wants that lupin D tho! Gonna be cool to see how she develops this part since it seems like it’s gonna play a big factor
Jul 20, 2021 2:38 PM

Nov 2016
Lupin got him good in his classic troll manner. Amy had some sweet development. All in all a great arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2012
A satisfying conclusion. I hope we get to see Ami again.

Next week looks more like classic Lupin, at least the preview reminds me of 2 episodes from part II.
Mar 10, 2023 12:44 PM
Sep 2007
Lupin survived, obviously.

Nice trick with water trap image. You should never underestimate a hacker who basically created your stuff.

That drug dealer turns out to be a coward not worthy of Lupin's bullet. Transfering Zenigata to narcotics only cemented his fate.
So it's the end of Marco Polo.

Amy is excited about going to school. Good for her :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 12 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

6 by somethingican »»
Jun 1, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

22 by SleepingBear »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

44 by SleepingBear »»
Mar 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 11 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Aug 8, 2018

11 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

38 by OfficialGothBF »»
Jun 5, 2023 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.