Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 30, 2:06 PM
Jul 2015
Beautiful, emotional episode. I can't handle the wait for the next season.

Yall can handle dragons, magic, gods, but can't handle two wives for one man? Don't claim the moral high ground upon which you do not stand yourselves. Stop the stupid virtue signalling and the mindless hate. Go bother someone else.

Because, Mushoku Tensei is peak.
Jun 30, 2:06 PM
May 2022
honestly best episode after "parents", this cour is def better than cour 1, as a LN reader I'm very satisfied with the episode, Season 3 in production I would honestly not mind waiting like 2 years for for season 3 because of how intense and hype it will be, now to the episode.
the whole 'hey rudeus its me shitty hitogami did you forget that "you will regret it" ' and his fear was done very good.
telling the family what happened, if I was an anime only I might've not known where rudeus finished his recap, norn VA did an absolute job 10/10 I could hear the grief in her voice goddamn.
rudy told mylphy about his affair with roxy-sama and asked to take roxy as his 2nd wife, norn was mad by it tho it was an expected reaction as a child just realized her dependable onii-chan came back with no arm and no dad and now wanting a goddess in his bed, norn acted like a child should act like, and she was not wrong about roxy it was shameless of her to go for that greyrat D while he has a pregnant wife at home(yes elinelise told her back in last episode before they fucked) HOWEVER mylphy being the absolute chad she is just said OUR WIFE.
rudeus's talk to his father really hit me as I do the same at my father's grave just talking about what happened since I last saw him.
we saw best girl eris, I really hope they release at least 2 episodes of OVA's about our best girl eris cuz its needed for season 3 but until next time... CHAO!
Jun 30, 2:12 PM
Apr 2024
I dont like him having 2 wives
Jun 30, 2:20 PM
Mar 2023
This show is amazing. I never thought I liked it so much, especially since it's weird and unsettling at first. 😅 A 34-year-old man, drooling over some minors..

Anyway, this season was excellent! Such raw emotions for an anime, kinda wild tbh. And that fighting scene with the hydra??? A chef's kiss 🤌

for this ep, i cried a lot when Rudy broke the news to his siblings, and Sylphie is just too good for him. I would've appreciated it if she at least punched him or cursed at him. But overall, it's a 10/10
AnnieloiJun 30, 2:23 PM
Jun 30, 2:22 PM
Sep 2019
y'know, when I first started this anime I enjoyed it for how realistic the "isekai feel" was... this season was anything but that. feels like the writing was handed over from a proper adult to a 15 year old kid whose only thoughts are sexual intimacy and power fantasies. yuck.
Jun 30, 2:28 PM

Jan 2021
S3 already in production I’m excited for that and Norn is hella annoying someone needs to tell her to stop yapping fr…
Jun 30, 2:37 PM

Jul 2021
This is the peak of isekai i pray season 3 comes soon
Jun 30, 2:39 PM
Apr 2020
Great final episode. A rollercoaster of emotions. I just hope they finally change Rudy's VA, with each cour it's more and more jarring the fact Rudy is still being voiced by a woman even though he's long past puberty.
Jun 30, 2:48 PM

Jul 2017
Good season, but a disappointing adaptation. There were too many direction mishaps and many scenes felt flat compared to what I imagined from the LN. It's like they wanted to avoid drama as much as possible. Norn and Aisha seem close, yet they're supposed to be on bad terms. Ruijerd should've been curt to Sylphie, yet he's friendly. Elinalise should've lied to her granddaughter about Roxy's pregnancy, but that is also omitted.

In contrast with the bold first season, which wasn't shy about showing controversial themes, this one feels like a step back in a bid for larger viewer appeal. I think this would've been more enjoyable if I was anime only but as an LN reader I can only think of what could've been.

7.5/10
Jun 30, 3:03 PM

Apr 2020
Resume of ep12: "Hey Norm, your dad’s dead and your mom is pretty much a vegetable, oh and Sylphie I cheated on you with some 12yo looking ass girl cause I was big sad :(, what’s for dinner though?"
I don't know how signatures work

Jun 30, 3:03 PM
Jan 2021
Ridiculous that this brilliant show devolved into this messy harem building simulator schlock. I mean I understand that this is meant to be set in a medieval fantasy world and having multiple wives were seen as more normal, I also understand that historically women’s own opinions on the matters were completely disregarded, also it does make sense that a piece of grooming shit like Rudeus would attempt something like this, it is in hist nature. But, I think that the reaction of his wife to this new wife is completely ridiculous and goes out of character. The way everyone just brushes this aside as ah yeah we good g do whatever the fuck you want, and goes on without consequences is insane. From the beginning what made the show great imo is that everyone was an asshole, everyone was flaud, but the characters went through genuine development and were reacting very realistically. But no I guess we cant have nice things afterall, this looks like the epitome of harem anime now and I dont see how it can get any better, I imagine the greyrat household is going to consist of like 10 side pieces by the time the show is through. I realise most of this is probably coming from the light novel but like there are a lot of creative differences already, were there really no way to handle this any different?
Jun 30, 3:27 PM

Oct 2019
I bet Eris when she left Rudy, she was expecting to come back to him when he's like 17/18 with a big chance of him being single. MF gonna come back with two wives 🤣

_AbAdA_Jun 30, 3:40 PM
Jun 30, 3:29 PM

Mar 2010
And this is why sylphie is a ideal women.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 30, 3:32 PM
Apr 2017
Greatest Anime of All Time
Jun 30, 3:49 PM
Dec 2017
Can you share with me the music playing in the last scene?
Jun 30, 3:53 PM
Aug 2020
I loved it. Rudy's interactions with his family were super sweet and well-written, and I really enjoyed it.
Jun 30, 3:54 PM
Oct 2022
Sylphie with long hair looks so good.....
Aye, Finally Lucy was born. I'm so happy for Rudeus and Sylphie. Great finale episode, We finally got to see a cameo of Eris. Can't wait for S3, 8/10
Jun 30, 3:54 PM
Nov 2019
IzanaSolos said:
Time to break ALL the news to the fam.

Sylphie over here all giddy and welcoming Rudeus back not knowing at all what's about to happen. But yeah. more than anything, I knew that Norn and Aisha's reaction to the whole ordeal was going to be the biggest moment. Though Aisha was more calm than I expected her to be. I mean even an adult would start freaking out and crying like Norn did. Whatever though, the more important and uh worser news to break was the fact that Rudeus wanted to wife best girl.

Gotta say though, Norn's seiyuu killed it this episode. And while she had a point, it really isn't that much of Rudeus' fault. She was kinda getting on my nerves towards the end because, idk if you know this Norn, YOUR DAD WAS THE EXACT, AND I MEAN EXACT SAME AS HIM. Dude just look at Aisha. But obviously the more mature person between the child and adult is the adult in the end, and Rudeus' harem thus begins. And as well as Rudeus' life as a dad and Sylphie's life as a mom also begins. Entire scene with Rudeus at Paul's grave made me shed a year man ":(

Rudeus' life has just now truly begun. A life given all thanks to Paul. His life in this other world continues, ofc in season three.

What a fucking season man. Part 1 was a downgrade on all fronts to many, and this season has easily brought those peoples back to the show. Thank you Bind. See you in season three.

P.S AHHHHHHHH ERIS IS BACKKKKK WOOOOOOO!!!

i personally liked the first half better tbh not that the second half was bad or anything
Jun 30, 4:05 PM

Aug 2014
Norn was basically the only character that made sense and she isn't even an adult and that is weird. Everyone else just accepts whatever the fuck Rudeus does (or fucks) like it's all good, no problemo. Pretty much 0 consequences for Rudeus as always and instead he gets praised.
Jun 30, 4:07 PM
Feb 2021
I love Sylphie you are beautifull
Jun 30, 4:07 PM
Feb 2021
I love Sylphie you are beautifull
Jun 30, 4:13 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to GTRaijin
Norn was basically the only character that made sense and she isn't even an adult and that is weird. Everyone else just accepts whatever the fuck Rudeus does (or fucks) like it's all good, no problemo. Pretty much 0 consequences for Rudeus as always and instead he gets praised.
@GTRaijin

Ignoring Rudeus and Roxy of course for obvious reasons...
- Sylphie - has always been more accepting due to being around Paul, Zenith and Lilia as a kid. Her comrade, Luke literally spends time with multiple women and she was surrounded by nobles as Fitz. She loves Rudeus a lot and doesn't want to lose that which is a flaw of her own, but basically because Roxy saved Rudeus and is someone Rudeus respected a lot before and he still openly stated he loved Sylphie, workaround is there.

- Aisha and Lilia - Lilia was the one that Paul cheated with, and Aisha's the daughter. Cant imagine Aisha would add too much to say given how awkward that whole ordeal is. Same goes with Lilia.

- Zenith - is Zenith in this situation.

- Elinalise - Sylphie's her granddaughter but Roxy was her friend before and ultimately she wants her to be happy, especially knowing Roxy was heading down a path full of guilt that could be irreversible. Rudeus didnt do the best the best thing ever but she knew that Rudeus could care a lot for both.

Literally the only real character that would make an impactful scene work with this whole conflict is Norn since she is the Millis follower of the group, one that is closest morality-wise to us viewers here on Earth since they are a monogamous religion. Even Zenith if healthy wouldnt be able to talk much since she did accept Lilia into the family due to Rudeus convincing her after Paul and Lilia did a wrong thing. Norn's the one voice that could actually speak without complex history or feelings to stop that. Sylphie could run away and that would be fine, but she loves Rudeus a lot and has openly stated that if there is someone he cares for a lot to bring to the family and genuine feelings are there, she's accepting of it. She's lived in an environment like that and seen it throughout her life, especially around Greyrats.

But back to Norn again, she had good points and was the one person that had the background and feelings to say stuff that shut Rudeus and Roxy down due to her beliefs. But like us, she enforced her beliefs too strongly and while she can be right, what she says also could be hurtful in a different context to Aisha and Lilia, since Aisha was born due to Lilia and Paul's fuckup but they still managed to be a proper family together despite the flaws. There's more thought to this whole thing than the surface. The only other person that would make sense to have this convo to call Rudeus/Roxy out is Cliff as a devout Millis follower, and he would do so but he aint there.

Rudeus' fucked up and now he has to learn properly and mature even further without playing around as an adult, the whole final speech was self-reflecting on that and the mistakes he made, and now what responsibility he has to take from his father, succeeding in that role in the process.
Jun 30, 4:31 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to GTRaijin
@GTRaijin lol, more like norn is the "childish" one with being so naive and think that everything is "black and white". norn be like "it shouldnt be like this or that, we should do this, if things didnt work, it has to be work" she is a child while rudy,sylphy and roxy are the matured one.
Jun 30, 4:45 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Crimsunreaper
Good season, but a disappointing adaptation. There were too many direction mishaps and many scenes felt flat compared to what I imagined from the LN. It's like they wanted to avoid drama as much as possible. Norn and Aisha seem close, yet they're supposed to be on bad terms. Ruijerd should've been curt to Sylphie, yet he's friendly. Elinalise should've lied to her granddaughter about Roxy's pregnancy, but that is also omitted.

In contrast with the bold first season, which wasn't shy about showing controversial themes, this one feels like a step back in a bid for larger viewer appeal. I think this would've been more enjoyable if I was anime only but as an LN reader I can only think of what could've been.

7.5/10
@Crimsunreaper You know say that but somehow still created drama. Being daring isn't always a good thing though. It's pretty funny how the author of the series made a change that stiil pissed everyone off. It also doesn't help LN readers are getting pretty fed up with the changes and cut content. lso you missed out on the drama part 1 generated. They're just finding new ways to make drama with some of their poor decisions.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 30, 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to niknasr
@MasterHavik I see it more like she doesn't felt upset as much is because she understand Roxy did that to save him, and for her Rudeus is her top priority. This instance can be seen twice in this episode, once when she moved her mouth when Rudeus said Roxy saved her and when she talked to Roxy the first thing she said is about how she saved him. I believed if Rudeus just bring home another woman without valid reason irrespective of whether she will accept her in polygamy or not, she will be upset and angry.
@niknasr Let's just hope she isn't becoming a doormat. I'm still wondering what that regret will be because we know it isn't Paul...or was it?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 30, 4:52 PM
Dec 2023
what an end to the season, a truly exciting ep, the way it showed Sylphie's evolution and how much she matured and was open-minded showed that paul was right they needed to be away from each other to mature, ABSOLUTE CINEMA
Jun 30, 4:55 PM
Jan 2022
Disclaimer, Roxy is one of my favorite anime characters of all time. Probably the best character in mushoku tensei.

Even though Roxy is my favorite character, I feel like I am Aisha in the last scenes. From my perspective, there is no way polygamy is acceptable. In the first season literally relative kids, rudeus and eris had ... scene. We know it is an alternative world, but I wonder how moral values can be challenged more. Even divorcing Sylphiette and marrying Roxy is a better ending.

I don't know if I am too sjw, but I didn't like what happend in the last episodes.
Jun 30, 4:59 PM

Aug 2017
Such a bittersweet finale.
I really love the closure for most of these characters.
Sylphy accepting Roxy into the family was heart warming with no jealously or grudges attached. Now that is a good wife right there.
I love the contrast between Sylphy and Norn's reactions to Roxy being Rudy's second wife. Norn was against the idea as it goes against the beliefs of Millis. Cmon Norn. She should know by now that her big onii-chan ain't following Millis.

Seeing Rudeus paying homage to his old man at the grave was tear jerking. May Paul rest in peace knowing that Rudeus will carry on his legacy.

Jun 30, 5:07 PM
May 2017
I went through a few different phases when watching this season finale. Sadness, cringe, joy and melancholy. About the cringe part, it was only brief. I just had to get over my western influenced views on relationships and the nuclear household. What is taboo in one culture, is the norm in another. Norn's reaction was a representation of the most of our cultures, while Sylphie was a reminder that this world plays by different rules. However it seems Rudeus and Roxy still went about it the wrong way, regardless of the cultural norms and such. They just went in the right direction to fix it.

Moving on from that, it's heartwarming to see our boy become a father. Lucy is a good mix of Rudy and Sylphie. She got her father's hair with her mother's eye color and pointed ears from her elf heritage.

And to close it out with that picture of kid Rudeus and Paul was a like a light jab to the gut. Like damn, Paul had his issues but he truly loved his family and considered their wellbeing with every fibre of his self. That's what you call a flawed, yet well written character.

Overall this season was slow for the first 2/3rds and picked up for the last 3 episodes. It still had enjoyable moments here and there, don't get me wrong though.

rated 8/10
Jun 30, 5:36 PM

Apr 2022
this cour had a slow start and took over half the season to get things going, but it ended up being decent. rudy got 2 wives and a daughter now, also basically both his parents. feels like all the major things happened too quick around the same time but eh it's fine. slightly better than the previous cour which was saved by the second half and we shall be back for the next season.

oh and this was also my 1000th completion on mal hehe.
Jun 30, 5:38 PM

Aug 2020
Slyphie with long hair looks much better than short hair in my opinion. Also Norn's reaction to Rudeus wanting Roxy as a second wife was very normal and expected of a little girl. I think that scene really added to the world of Mushoku Tensai. I'm surprised that Sylphie was so welcoming of Roxy, but I'm glad that she was and Rudeus gets to live a happy and peaceful life for now with his new daughter. Lucie Greyrat is also a good name. The ending scene where Rudeus finally considers himself Paul's son was amazing and i loved it.

This cour really reminded me why I like Mushoku Tensai so much and how it world builds. One of my favorite seasons of Mushoku Tensai. 9/10

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 30, 5:50 PM
Mar 2019
This was a beautiful ending to a well-balanced anime second season part two. I can't say it makes up for the long courtship drama of part one so I'll let this second part stand on its own. By seasons end I ended up smiling, and that's a good thing. This episode hits on all the right emotional beats. I'm looking forward already to season three.
Jun 30, 6:17 PM

Jul 2016
Norn's VA shone this episode. Her being the only character with logical thinking in this show must feel awful tho.
But seriously, what in hell was that second half lol? Character writing sure went outta the window with that super roundabout way of justifying Roxy and Rudeus' actions. Man, author should seriously stop using hentai plots as inspiration.

Overall, just another hilariously bad season of Mushoku Tensei. We only got like two-to-three episodes deserving of the "Adventure" tag and the rest was just lame soap opera content with Elinalise being a thot grandma, Norn becoming a shut-in, MC achieving his dream of impregnating a minor, Elinalise convincing MC to cuck her own granddaughter (lol?) and the cherry on top that was the utter destruction of Roxy's character in record time. Oh boy, what a disaster... and Eris isn't even part of the picture yet.

3/10 - Looking forward to more of this comedy in S3.
SouthRzVaJun 30, 6:23 PM
Jun 30, 6:29 PM
May 2022
Non having her breakdown and I was glad someone said what I was thinking. Like, didn't her father, whom she loved very much, had two wives too?
Even if that's not unusual in that world, it still feels weird to me that Rudeus gets two wives and they don't have a problem with each other.

Can't wait for s3.
Jun 30, 6:40 PM

Dec 2020
dear lord why am i wasting time watching this
Jun 30, 6:47 PM

Jul 2019
Rudeus is not a failure of a son but a failure of a husband.
Jun 30, 6:56 PM

Sep 2018
That was probably my favorite season so far, a ton of emotion on display throughout these 12 episodes. 9/10

Can someone please spoil me and tell me if Eris is appearing/returning next season? Maybe in spoiler brackets.
Jun 30, 6:59 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
That was probably my favorite season so far, a ton of emotion on display throughout these 12 episodes. 9/10

Can someone please spoil me and tell me if Eris is appearing/returning next season? Maybe in spoiler brackets.
@GakutoDeathGlare

Spoiler:

Jun 30, 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
Well I didn't like whole season II not part 1 not part 2, but the the first episodes of part 1 were better than the part with traveling and hydra fight in part 2.
Rudeus is hard to be liked and even more in s2 part 2. I might also dislike Sylphie, but not even sure why, maybe overall.

but most of the relationships in this anime became shit.. like having part of family as maid..

art quality is also very low, the buildings and background are always so blurry, pixelized.. in 2024?..

the story is not bad, but there is hardly any likeable characters.. maybe the background ones, like Ruijerd, Elinalise, Zanoba, Pursena, Rinia
maybe Aisha and Ariel and I hope Eris stays likeable..
but the main ones the more we learn about them the more I dislike them, their choices, their behaviour...

the OP was ok, had nice animation and speed up in it
ED song was nice, not sure the other one was only in one ep? but wa also ok
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 30, 7:05 PM
Jun 2022
Eris fans getting cucked for an entire season ahh yes this is a good episode
Jun 30, 7:07 PM
Apr 2022
just gonna say, at least the two wives arc was better than the previous ED arc
Jun 30, 7:08 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to lordgaara
dear lord why am i wasting time watching this
@lordgaara I can't answer that question for you as I don't waste my time with stuff i don't like. Life is too short. Maybe you need to search your soul, or perhaps you like it and have a heavy case of denial. Only you can answer. They've added a diagnosis to the DSM IV that covers MT hate watchers.
Jun 30, 7:09 PM

May 2018
Reply to Rexnihilo
2:04 Sylphy in 8 months has evolved into a MILF!

6:32 OMG RUDY SAYING WHAT PUAL SAID TO HIM!

16:30 Sylphy W! ROXY WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

18:52 THE BABY IS BORN! ALSO SYLPHY isn't flat anymore! SHE"S A FULL ON MILF NOW!

20:07 🪦 Paul.

22:57 Cliff and Elinalise nice.

23:02 RUIJERD and BADIGADI!

23:05 ERIS!

10/10 episode. MAN THIS SEASON WAS SO PEAK! I actually cried. HYPED FOR SEASON 3!

Also I was prepared for the worst thinking something bad must've happened like Rudy but SO GLAD EVERYONE IS OK! SLYPHY IS SAFE! THE BABY GIRL WAS BORN! AISHA AND NORN ARE SAFE TOO! Also Rudy's first child! Lucie Greyrat! Another addition to the family!

Mod Edit: Removed extra screenshot.
@Rexnihilo Everyone is shown! I'm excited for Season 3!
Jun 30, 7:18 PM

Mar 2016
Not at all bad, but a pretty disappointing S2 overall due to the lack of more intricate directing and storyboarding that really was one of the strong suits of S1. Mushoku Tensei is a series that NEEDS the expression of its nuances due to the kind of content it gets into, and this adaptation just wasn't really consistent in that regard, despite some really standout episodes like the ones with Norn and Paul.
I can only pray s3 will be a improvement, but with how the producers are prioritizing it as common commerce instead of a passion project now, idk anymore.
Jun 30, 7:20 PM

Jul 2012
I don't know if this episode adapted the LN exactly as it is, but a lot of things felt off to me.

First, Sylphie had no reaction to Rudy's arm when he arrived, nor after. Second, Rudy's cold approach when telling Norn about what happened – is that how you tell a child about the dreadful death of her father?

Third, how could he bring up the second wife topic so soon after dropping such tragic news on them? It's one thing for him to confess his infidelity, but his audacity to ask Sylphie as soon as he gets home is beyond character flaws.

I believe Norn was used here as a tool to vocalize the audience's opinions on the second marriage and cheating matters, but it's frustrating to realize that, at the end of the day, this kid seems to be the only reasonable and believable character in this episode.

The whole grave scene felt off to me as well. I think Rudy's dialogue thanking Paul for giving him the gift of being alive to hold his daughter in his arms would have been more impactful if said during the birth scene. It would also have shown the characters present in the room how much Paul actually meant to him despite Rudy's cold approach at the episode's beginning.
Jun 30, 7:24 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to FocusIssues
@lordgaara I can't answer that question for you as I don't waste my time with stuff i don't like. Life is too short. Maybe you need to search your soul, or perhaps you like it and have a heavy case of denial. Only you can answer. They've added a diagnosis to the DSM IV that covers MT hate watchers.
@FocusIssues thanks for the help doc
Jun 30, 7:29 PM
Aug 2013
Such an emotional ending, a roller coaster of emotions indeed, we all cried...
Sylphie is so understanding of everything and I knew she would welcome Roxy so well.
After everything Roxy went through, she can now rest with a new family.
Welcome Lucy Greyrat.
This season is a 10/10.
LN readers, just a question,without spoilers for next season, can you tell me if they cut out Roxy and Rudeus´s wedding dinner or not?If this already happened before Rudeus visited Paul´s grave. Because Rudeus said he married Roxy, I´m curious if they cut that scene from the LN,I hope they didn´t do it.
Mione48Jun 30, 7:44 PM
Jun 30, 7:31 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to Guts1666
I don't know if this episode adapted the LN exactly as it is, but a lot of things felt off to me.

First, Sylphie had no reaction to Rudy's arm when he arrived, nor after. Second, Rudy's cold approach when telling Norn about what happened – is that how you tell a child about the dreadful death of her father?

Third, how could he bring up the second wife topic so soon after dropping such tragic news on them? It's one thing for him to confess his infidelity, but his audacity to ask Sylphie as soon as he gets home is beyond character flaws.

I believe Norn was used here as a tool to vocalize the audience's opinions on the second marriage and cheating matters, but it's frustrating to realize that, at the end of the day, this kid seems to be the only reasonable and believable character in this episode.

The whole grave scene felt off to me as well. I think Rudy's dialogue thanking Paul for giving him the gift of being alive to hold his daughter in his arms would have been more impactful if said during the birth scene. It would also have shown the characters present in the room how much Paul actually meant to him despite Rudy's cold approach at the episode's beginning.
@Guts1666 I mentioned it earlier but basically besides Cliff, Norn's the only one that makes sense to actually be the person to argue against Rudeus and Roxy. Aisha and Lilia already have too much with direct relations to Paul and how Lilia seduced Paul and that led to Aisha being born. Zenith is a Millis follower but cant speak, and even if she could, she still allowed Lilia to marry Paul to not abandon her and Aisha so it would be hypocritical theoretically for that whole can of worms too. Cliff is a Millis follower who is devout and highly monogamous so he would make sense but he aint there. Sylphie's been around Paul, Zenith and Lilia and saw how happy they were with Norn, Aisha and Rudy growing up and was surrounded by nobles a lot, males and females with own harems. Even Luke, one of her closest allies, dated multiple women. She loves Rudeus and obv didnt want him to cheat on her but she clearly valued him too much to not want to lose him completely. It was a conflicting situation without a right or wrong answer but she tried her best to be composed knowing the whole ordeal and still caring for Rudy. Rudy still cared for her to run around looking for her rather than completely abandon her despite his dumbass mistake. Nanahoshi could comment on it negatively but she views Rudeus still as a business partner mostly still to some degree so she wouldnt go too hard either, since she still wants to go home more than this issue bothering her.

So yeah, Norn's a Millis follower and was there so it felt like she was the only one in that situation who could vocalize her opinions. She didnt consider her father and the mistakes he made that led to Lilia being his wife and Aisha being born, but she's so passionate about Millis faith that it made sense for her not to think of it as much, especially since she was already in a bad emotional state with hearing her dad dying.

It sucks timing-wise but Rudeus and Roxy addressing their thing early on rather than lying and prolonging it much seems better with being honest than being dishonest for some period of time to Sylphy. If he was lying or being dishonest (Sylphy knew Roxy cared deeply for Rudeus before he even revealed what happened with her look on her face), then that could spell actual doom right there.
Jun 30, 7:34 PM
Jul 2012
For the season finale wrapping up so many complex feelings and happenings, it was a bit too rushed and slighly shallow - I would've loved to see the story dwelling on Rudeus' internal conflict and Silphie's full perspective on Roxy. Also, the thing with Norn and Aisha felt like it was very compressed, almost as if they were summarizing a whole chapter in a couple minutes. For the title "Succession", there was effectively no focus on actual familial succession - not even an acknowledgement that Rudeus is now the head of his branch of the Greyrat lineage. Still, it was a pleasant episode and a good endcap for the young life of Rudeus.
Jun 30, 7:41 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to Gabu-sama
For the season finale wrapping up so many complex feelings and happenings, it was a bit too rushed and slighly shallow - I would've loved to see the story dwelling on Rudeus' internal conflict and Silphie's full perspective on Roxy. Also, the thing with Norn and Aisha felt like it was very compressed, almost as if they were summarizing a whole chapter in a couple minutes. For the title "Succession", there was effectively no focus on actual familial succession - not even an acknowledgement that Rudeus is now the head of his branch of the Greyrat lineage. Still, it was a pleasant episode and a good endcap for the young life of Rudeus.
@Gabu-sama It might just probably be me, but the title 'Succession' for me fit because of the gust of wind that blew as Rudeus was leaving the graveyard as he finished up his talk with Paul. He was contemplating about his life and how he was someone that still never truly was a real adult and just someone playing a role of one with past memories and never embraced Paul as a real father but now with him accepting Paul as his real father, and taking over the responsibility he proudly showcased on display, to protect his family no matter the cost and learn from your mistakes to be a better person, even if you are prone to making them. The gust of wind as he left felt like Paul in spirit was giving him a pat on the back and pushed him forward, basically acknowledging him back and passing the torch for Rudeus to take over his role in being the family man and caring for his family to the best of his abilities. That in a way feels like 'succession' shown without telling.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

339 by adbeaver »»
10 minutes ago

» Norn is the BEST Girl!

RjtheGreat14 - Yesterday

37 by megatronz »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Jun 16

576 by adbeaver »»
39 minutes ago

» Why do a lot of MT fans try to defend EVERYTHING their faves do? ( 1 2 )

SkyhighCFC - Yesterday

63 by SkyhighCFC »»
1 hour ago

» Roxy grooming Rudeus

CrispyG - Jun 30

42 by SkyhighCFC »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.