Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 31, 2023 10:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah look at this episode title and the next one. Its like this episode serves as the tutorial or introduction for the next case that seems very serious and might even finally risking the life of Maomao. Suicide or murder?

That being said, i like how Maomao solving the case even if she's just conjecture it as an apothecary. Her father also surprisingly quite observant too, makes me very curious about his background as well. All in all, like a father that's how Maomao received all the talent and skill, i'd say.

Meanwhile, back to the palace, i really don't like how jealous Jinshi turned out to be. He needs to stop thinking that he owns Maomao like a fuckin toy smh. If you really care that much then do something more impactful to make Maomao gets the idea rather than just be mad and misunderstanding.

Perhaps my rash judgement get a better perception in the next? Lets just see it then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 31, 2023 5:58 PM

May 2019
Maomao can't seem to relax as even her homecoming was interrupted to what ended up being an attempted murder case, but at least she was able to spend some time with her dad and even got to learn a lesson. She also teased Jinshi at the end there lol.
Jan 4, 8:41 AM
Jul 2022
Big brain moments
Jan 4, 3:47 PM
Apr 2023
loved it, its really amaizing
Jan 7, 10:17 AM
Nov 2023
jealous jinshi was such a treat omg I did NOT expect to like the ML so much....
Jan 14, 9:24 AM
Oct 2020
I loved the atmosphere and characters
Jan 14, 4:28 PM

Jun 2014
The courtesans have to endure a lot, don't they? This makes me a better appreciation of them in a way.

Jinshi is in shock, lol. Maomao worded things the wrong way, and Jinshi thinks that Maomao slept with that soldier, lol.

Jan 16, 2:32 AM
Jan 2018
No clue why they left out the little girls real sister commit suicide after being playedthe guy, which is why the girl was trying to kill him.
Jan 19, 7:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao Jinshi's reaction at the end, that's quite the misunderstanding on both sides xD
Jan 25, 11:27 AM
Dec 2020
ahhaha this was great, made me cackle thru the whole thing
Jan 28, 6:16 PM

Jul 2023
It was a typical episode that did not bring anything new plotwise. But it's good enough to characterise 猫猫's dad as someone far more knowledgeable than her. It's scary because she is already overpowered.

Someone mentions that she will have a strange look on her face once Jinshi explains what the hairpins are for, but instead, he had a strange look due to some misunderstanding.
Feb 4, 1:45 PM

Sep 2014
I like the implication that Maomao has a tab at a brothel.

Handing out consolation prices certainly paid off for the dude, 3 days at the luxury brothel!

I almost missed the part where the servant girls sister died..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 7, 4:15 PM

Aug 2022
Jinshi switched to "ore" instead of his usual "watashi" when talking to Maomao at the end. For those unfamiliar with the Japanese language, "ore" is a very masculine way of saying "I," while "watashi" is more neutral. Therefore, it would be normal to hear "watashi" from an eunuch like him. So, essentially, by using "ore," it was kind of a slip on his part, akin to stomping his feet like a brat throwing a tantrum, trying to assert his masculinity. It's like an "I," but written in italics.
Gyokuyou enjoying the misunderstanding, just as I was, was top-notch. 😂 Jinshi is revealing his true self and feelings around Maomao more and more! 🥰 The scene where Hongniang smacks Maomao on the head for her choice of words was also hilarious. 😂
Feb 29, 12:18 AM

Oct 2013
Case solved, everyone visited. Maomao has returned to the palace, same with utterly satisfied Lihaku. Her conversation with Jinshi was hilarious, lol. Well, not for Jinshi, I guess. ;p

Who was that woman that Maomao visited as the last person, I wonder? Her relative? One of friends?
Mar 7, 2:15 PM

May 2016
Jinshi reaction was the peak of this episode.
Mar 15, 4:12 AM
May 2014
Absolutely hilarious misunderstanding. Loved it.
Mar 16, 11:10 PM
Jun 2015
Can't tell if Maomao's dad is just poorly written or if there's something else there. Disappointing that they never addressed why he wasn't excited to see her at all. Her friend from the brothel were more happy to see her than her own father.
Very strange writing.
Mar 22, 12:19 AM
Dec 2016
lmao jinshi

idk about you but maomao is a kind of character we miss so much
Mar 24, 1:53 AM

Jun 2020
Maomao had so many cute hairstyles this episode! She and her dad are a really good detective duo!! No wonder she's such an expertise in problem solving. And I'm surprised that Jinshi got so jealous at the end lmao. I did not think he would fall for Maomao that much already.

Apr 8, 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
Maomao just can't catch a break huh. And that ending lol
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Feb 2019
it was nice to see jinshi rattled and jealous and shocked at the huge misunderstanding lol but gyoukuyo knew what really happened and was enjoying jinshi shocked and rattled lol
Apr 20, 7:42 PM

Mar 2009
Jinshi's interaction with Maomao at the end....laughed myself silly
May 6, 3:09 AM
Aug 2023
That was a pretty good mystery, and an adequate way to show Maomao's relationship with her father (he taught her how to be so deductive and rational). I don't think we'll really know the complete answer to this mystery though. The loose end for me is if the girl wanted the guy dead by poison, she could have dragged her feet to get the apothecary, but it was shown she was frantic to get Maomao to the victims quickly, not even stopping to explain...which she could have done to eat up more time. I can only guess that the girl must have not been in on the plan, and wanted to save her sister desperately to rush Maomao over like that, even if she wanted the guy dead. She must have gotten pissed at him for her sister's poisoning, and was going to foolishly knife him, which would have gone badly for the her and the brothel.

Anyways, good episode...but regarding Jinshi, I really don't like him, and it looks like the show is heading in the direction of trying to force a shipping between him and Maomao. She doesn't even like him, seems like she like his assistant way more, but he's not getting much of presence in the show. I hope they're just playing up Jinshi for laughs, otherwise if they're really serious with making Jinshi x Maomao a thing, they're going to have to do some massively cringy stuff to force it, and it's already starting to feel uncomfortably cringy and forced with all the ways he invades her personal space, and drags her around by her hand.
Jun 2, 7:50 PM
Original Denjin

Nov 2008
Reply to AkeZZZ
lmao..... Jinshi's reaction was fking hilarious.
@AkeZZZ Yep, you got that right! I was laughing historically at that scene!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Yesterday, 10:38 AM

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

11 by bryanyuchen »»
Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

106 by Mattinator95 »»
Jun 8, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

246 by yalinarul »»
Jun 6, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

264 by TechOtaku »»
Jun 5, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.