Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 16, 2023 3:27 AM
Jul 2016
did anyone notice this?
Apr 16, 2023 7:32 AM
Jul 2019
ANOTHER CERTIFIED BANGER! SO CUTE ALSO THE TRAIN SCENCE PPL NEED TO LEARN TO MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS
Apr 16, 2023 10:05 AM

Apr 2022
iOddish said:
I don't know if I'm dumb or something but I guess both the aunt and Shima are trans, or at least Shima had to play a female role on a tv show when he was younger? Either way I really liked this episode and hope the next one will be as good
pretty sure he's just an actor who doesn't want to get recognised
Apr 16, 2023 2:17 PM

Jan 2019
This show has been a pleasant surprise and has subverted my expectations in the best way. The beauty queen is openly nice to the main character and there's trans/queer representation!

Apr 17, 2023 2:00 AM

Nov 2021
This series is gold
Apr 17, 2023 1:20 PM

Oct 2018
Wonderful show with very comfy and pleasing color design, voice acting and atmosphere.
Apr 17, 2023 6:53 PM

Aug 2008
Iwakura gives off such a "suffering from success" vibe. I know it's only been two episodes, but i'm happy that the show hasn't completely shit on the country bumpkin that's out of her element in the big city. It was nice seeing her at karaoke and some of her classmates interact with her already.
Apr 17, 2023 11:26 PM
Jan 2021
really liking this one,  feels like akebi-chan
Apr 18, 2023 12:20 PM
Aug 2019
another great episode,nice and simple....giving enough reasons to fall in love with this anime🤩
Apr 19, 2023 1:23 AM
Apr 2023
Nobady knows inside other people heart...
Apr 19, 2023 10:58 PM

Sep 2018
The guy is so kind, nice and friendly to everyone. I thought he's an airhead and gullible but not! He's not just a nice guy! there's something deep on him.. I like him <3

I hope the childhood friend will go to Tokyo too huhuhu what a nice friend!!! makes me cry :( I always love the province vibe but leaving friends makes me sad :( AAAA
erenmeiiApr 19, 2023 11:01 PM
Apr 21, 2023 8:03 AM
Sep 2017
Light hearted and sincere show. Love it!
Apr 21, 2023 11:59 AM
Jan 2022
Is Egashira trying out for the 2023 Pick-Me Olympics? All this time and effort spent on a high school boy she hardly knows instead of getting a hobby or a likeable personality... What commendable passion! I hope she achieves her goal ❤️ At least that way she'd have something in her sorry life to be proud of
Apr 21, 2023 7:19 PM

Oct 2012
Piromysl said:
phantomfandom said:
I like that the gender role in this anime is more flexible than I expect, guy in high heels, and Iwakura's aunt Nao has such a mysterioys gender, even if it's not as homo as I want it to be.

Now regarding relationship, I think Iwakura should stay single, having a boyfriend, especially someone so carefree like Shima, will only burden her career path.

We had close up on aunt's Adam's apple, so she is most definitely biologically make.
And the guy on high heels was most likely training for drama club activities. Pay attention to those bandaids. Though it's still weird he was running in those high heels. LoL
P.A.Works always does those undefined types of characters but here in this episode it was probably more weirder than usual (heck, I thought Nao is woman in the last episode).

Nao-chan is definitely trans and so is its seiyuu, Saiga Mitsuki. She was a man during highschool as mentioned by Sakurai Takahiro here in this video (they were classmates). So the character match its seiyuu.

Not sure how to feel about it just yet as the scene on the train when they hold hands and hugged was meant to be uncomfortable but hopefully it's not the main focus of this show.
Kanechika's heels were probably just one-time fluke and I don't think he will be important support character in later episodes (maybe only if Shima overcomes his grief and joins acting club).

Other than that, this was episode was great. I really loved how Egashira shown her true fact in attempt to catch the best looking ikemen in the school. And I also liked how she was turned off by Shima.
Iwakura and Shima really have nice chemistry together. Murashige also had fun thanks to her. I feel like Iwakura will (unknowingly) become driving force of the whole group.
Apr 21, 2023 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
I love Nao-chan! She's one of my favorite characters and it's rare to see a trans character portrayed positively!

I had a feeling from the beginning that Mika Egashira girl, redhead, was up to no good. She immediately became friends and wanted Iwakura's friend only after Shima-kun asked for her number. I'm liking Yuzuki, the beautiful girl who is actually a nice person and not a mean girl (like in most shoujo)

Lol at Shima calling could Egashira for acting too uptight and fake. Seems like he used to be an actor or child actor and can easily pick up on these things.  He may have himbo vibes but again, he's attending an elite school so I'm sure he's smarter than I initially thought he was.
臭い-
Apr 22, 2023 8:24 PM
Sep 2008
omg loool that was so good!!!!  the karaoke song lmao i laughed hard !!!! XDDDDD i wish future animes will have the same vibe!! feels nostalgic like the 2000 snimes that were actully great in the shoujo genre.
lol he noticed egashira pushing too hard ...
mitsumi so honest and cute!!
HALF THE CLASS PROABABLY SHIPS THEM BECUZ OF THE CLASS REPRESENTATIVE SCENE xd
Apr 22, 2023 8:31 PM
Sep 2008
Bibimbapski said:
I love Nao-chan! She's one of my favorite characters and it's rare to see a trans character portrayed positively!
theres a lot of trans characters in anime that are portreayed positively... generally anime and manga were ahead of their time when it came to gender\preferances XD (theres still exception but in japanese artistic media is more accepted since they have more freedom in art than the censored art america is pushing for xD)
Apr 23, 2023 8:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn interesting episode to expand the story with all the character introduction and development all in one pack. Can't believe it first with the Sis Nao story especially since the train scene kind of well, not that detailing, till i read the reply above, and Shima-kun also holds some untold story too... Not to mention Mitsumi also holds their own share of trouble even though she gladly can get over it thanks to the nice friend giving it a good care even if she's not around... Next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 23, 2023 9:07 PM

Apr 2016
Another splendid episode, now the other kids got to show some of their personalities so there are some dynamics getting set up like Mika's crush that seems destined to fail xD

Theatre kid not knowing how to read the room *pretends to be shocked*
Apr 24, 2023 7:56 AM

Jun 2013
narutosister said:
Bibimbapski said:
theres a lot of trans characters in anime that are portreayed positively... generally anime and manga were ahead of their time when it came to gender\preferances XD (theres still exception but in japanese artistic media is more accepted since they have more freedom in art than the censored art america is pushing for xD)
That's true, last positive trans anime I watched was Horou Musuko but I really want more series with them to share with my trans friends (honestly, they just watch whatever but it would be nice to see what they think of the portrayal of trans characters in these series in particular) 
臭い-
Apr 25, 2023 1:12 PM

Nov 2017
Surprisingly real characters and lively dynamics :D wait, is this a fun time
Apr 26, 2023 12:43 AM

May 2022
Definitely among the best this season if not the best. I'm keeping my score at a 10. I am not saying its perfect (nothing is!) but close enough that it may as well be. I hope this tempo keeps up as I am thoroughly enjoying the qualities of this show right now!
LordKirkisApr 26, 2023 1:01 AM
Apr 27, 2023 1:18 PM

May 2020
Time to develop some friendship with some karaoke, Mitsumi was so great at singing, she was having the time of her life. The next scene when she mistakes Sousuke's hair with her dog was funny and uncalled for lol. Pretty wholesome overall

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Apr 27, 2023 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
Auntie with the skincare routine lel. Lowkey a favorite character. The karaoke part was great too. Yuzu acting like a friend should right off the bat and that pretty much unconditionally. All she wants is friendship.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 27, 2023 4:22 PM

Dec 2012
I'm loving this anime now...
Is her aunt trans?

Apr 27, 2023 4:26 PM

Jul 2015
the representation in this episode aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i love this alrealdy and sad the manga is not available in my country :( obssesed
Apr 27, 2023 11:04 PM
Aug 2021
There was Fumi when Iwakura was in trouble. And now intrigued with Sousuke 'cause that one scene.
Apr 30, 2023 12:34 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
May 1, 2023 3:58 PM

Oct 2015
This anime is full of surprises! Even though I expected that certain topics regarding the change from a small town to a city life would been brought, I did not expected so many things on just one chapter! I'm in love with the detail of aunt Nao, with the depth of characters and everything. This story seems to be one of my favorites of this season. And the blonde pretty girl? I don't remember her name but I love her so much omg she's so pretty and not only on the surface omg.

May 1, 2023 5:58 PM
Anime Jesus

Apr 2016
I tell you what, Yuzuki is my favorite supporting character. She's legit af. "I don't even like karaoke, but today was fun because of you."

And that OP! I love the dance part. The energy kind of reminds me of that certain part of the OP for Love Is Hard For Otaku.
May 2, 2023 7:09 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I kinda really like Mitsumi as a main character. I like following her train of thought. She's not frustrating yet not always of the same mindset as myself. I dunno, she's very comforting. More so than I expected. It makes me want to watch more of her.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 2, 2023 12:20 PM

Jun 2019
My daughter, Mitsumi is so gullible and adorable. I love her so much. Love Murashike as well. Didn't like Mika the moment I saw her. Wanna know more about Shiima.
May 2, 2023 7:28 PM
Aug 2021
This time we get to see Mitsuri trying to spend more time with Sato, but even if they interacted before and are oficially friends, because of a comment her classmate did she's now scared if she's being to close to him, worrying if the nice and gentle Sato was just a general way he speaks to people.

With this doubt Misato builds an inmense wall between both as she's unable to decipher what Sato thinks.

I can quite relate to this, I love how this series manages relationship and wish to see ho it develops
May 3, 2023 10:13 AM

Jan 2018
I think this show is going to a route that shows a bit of "darkness" or topics that are a bit heavy but Iwakura (the mc) would just brighten the whole room. This whole show is bright and even if challenges comes in her way, she would overcome this and influence people. It makes the whole show so interesting and the wholesomeness is just healing to watch. I love this show more and more and it makes my heart feel warm :)
May 4, 2023 8:09 AM

Mar 2018
The events happening are not really exciting nor are they funny. Can't really say I'm enjoying this that much.
May 6, 2023 3:24 AM

Feb 2021
Starting to really like this series, especially Mitsumi. Something about her character and voice just makes her all the more appealing.
May 7, 2023 8:05 PM

Dec 2022
That blonde girl is very reasonable and nice person, usually in anime these characters turns out to be egotistical and rude.
May 9, 2023 1:48 AM

Mar 2013
How can this be such a lovely series?
*Just being true to herself, she makes friends, unknowingly*
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 12, 2023 11:03 PM

Feb 2019
I really like Murashige Yuzuki, she's really beautiful and kind!
May 12, 2023 11:47 PM

Nov 2022
I never realized that her aunt is a guy but that scene in the train was so good as Iwakura, just by being her self, made the whole world brighter.
May 15, 2023 9:40 PM
May 2023
very swag, yes mhm
May 18, 2023 9:59 PM

Dec 2022
Fuyumi anf Mitsumi's friendship is so heartwarming, the wholesomeness and supportiveness Yuzuki is really beautiful, her pesonality seems nice, too.
May 27, 2023 6:04 PM
Jan 2021
ohh? an inkling of shima lore? interesting...
and yeah iwakura is definitely neurodivergent, at least in my opinion haha
May 27, 2023 9:58 PM

Dec 2022
I was so happy to see Yuzuki telling Iwakura what was going on and Fumi really called on the right time because I was starting to get anxious too.
May 31, 2023 4:48 PM
May 2023
it was amazing i love noe
Jun 20, 2023 10:46 PM

Dec 2020
i started crying during the karaoke thing, iwakura is so relatable i definitely get how she feels especially in freshman year ... yuzuki is so good
Jun 23, 2023 3:53 AM

Nov 2014
Hah heckin exposed, Shima got a solid intuition to pick that out

Yuzuki is such a mood though.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jun 25, 2023 4:53 PM
May 2023
Pls I wanna marry, Nao
Jun 27, 2023 10:24 PM

Jul 2015
I wish I had at least a quarter of being able to say I want all the girls as class introduction or even sing old kid songs first time karaoking lol
Also Murashige is a real one for warning Mitsumi on Egashira

Jun 29, 2023 5:49 PM
Jun 2022
Buen capitulo y ligera mejoria a diferencia del primer capitulo siendo mas entretenido y mejor desarrolado destacando en su linda y buena animacion y la presentacion de los personajes
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Mika Egashira deserves more love imo

seroza23 - Jun 11

14 by KlBdv »»
Jun 14, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

233 by capyvaraw »»
Jun 14, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

120 by perseii »»
Jun 12, 11:36 PM

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

26 by imjayhime »»
Jun 10, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

139 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.