New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 19, 2022 7:28 PM
Dec 2021
We believe that gore is an obviously off-putting factor.”
Jul 19, 2022 8:31 PM
Jun 2021
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
I'm just can't understand how someone could hate this series. Is there something I'm missing.

I don't know why people hate it. I find it alright, but I do believe it's a little overrated.
Jul 19, 2022 9:28 PM
May 2022
I think many people that hate DS are those who hate Shonen genre in general and some are frustrated that with such a goof setup/setting the author isn't bringing out the full potential and that the some of the characters like Hashira and Main lead are a bit too generic which you can see in almost every anime thats why people who usually dislike DS are the veterans and who overhype it are the new ones and neither is exactly wrong for their opinion as veteran are tired of watching the same personality and characters while for new anime fans it is like a child getting a new toy which it likes to play with a lot but after playing with other things they will grow up or get tired just like how at start we all could watch entire seasons but now can't even watch an episode in a week
Jul 19, 2022 10:59 PM

Dec 2020
ktg said:
CornflakeSnow said:
it's pretty generic tbh. like it's really good but it definitely has flaws. like there are plenty of other shows which are far superior. Also you've watched barely any anime (neither have I). You need to watch more so you can develop that taste.

That's the problem actually. It's far from generic, but someone said it's generic and now everyone calls it generic.
If you watch for example the top 100 shounen, the generic main character is more like Naruto, Luffy or Eren (in the beginning). The generic main shounen character has big goal, a selfish goal. He could choose not to do that but he tries anyway. Becoming a Hokage, becoming the Pirate King or killing every titans.
While it's pretty much the opposite in KnY or in most of the new type of shounen MCs. They are selfless. They just want a peaceful life and a happy world. The same is true for the new gen shounens like JJK or KnY.

Yes, the shounen characteristics are shifting but KnY is far from generic. One of the most generic shounen is tha SnK S1 first half. Isayama created the start generic on purpose.

It is the most generic, very little personality and everything you just listed about what other characters do can literally be said for Tanjiro his dream is restoring his sister back to human and he kills demons, how is that not generic.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Jul 20, 2022 12:51 AM
Jul 2021
it's because of how overrated it is. it's generic, carried by animation. it's not bad, but nowhere near top tier
Jul 20, 2022 12:51 AM

May 2021
How are there people who do like Demon Slayer?
Thats wat's more surprising actually.
Jul 20, 2022 1:10 AM

Sep 2018
I mean we all have our likes and dislikes lol not much to understand

A more serious answer, In my opinion it's just meh. Animation is gorgeous no doubt but other than that what does it have? It's another shonen with a very VERY pretty paint job

Jul 20, 2022 1:25 AM
Dec 2019
I don’t understand how people dont like the album Ye. Despite its length, it tells a coherent story of Kanye’s mental health journey, the good, the bad, and why people don’t understand his perspective on it
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jul 20, 2022 1:26 AM
Dec 2019
Graduation is the most overrated ye album, that second half is weak as hell and tcd and ltr are just throughout way more consistent
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jul 20, 2022 2:58 AM
Mar 2021
Really. There’s a lot of poeple who do lol. I enjoy it but I think it’s very flawed. It’s a dumb turn your brain off action shonan. Generic story, 1 dimensional characters, poor pacing, formulaic story’s, tropey, tonally inconsistency, ect
I actually do think it’s pretty bad, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy it. If u can’t see its flaws I don’t know what to tell u other then maybe branch off to stuff that isn’t just shonan
Jul 20, 2022 3:26 AM

Jul 2020
Watch more Anime. You'll get how generic this is.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 20, 2022 4:16 AM
May 2021
simple, some people either don't the animation (idk how), story, or just anime in general
Jul 20, 2022 4:21 AM
May 2021
[quote=XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX message=66908504]I'm just can't understand how someone could hate this series. Is there something I'm missing.
It's not but I think the story is pretty minimum it could show more of to world or its characters
But I loved it and even read the manga
There lot to come just wait.
Jul 20, 2022 4:33 AM
Jul 2021
Because the show isn't anything special. It is pretty generic shounen, the only outstanding part is the animation. People generally tend to also hate the comedy, which i understand. It's just not their taste, that's it.
Jul 20, 2022 4:36 AM

Sep 2020
unfunny comedy, bad characters i dont really dislike it but i dont like it either
Jul 20, 2022 4:44 AM
Apr 2022
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
RioFS said:
Maybe read the reviews for a different opinion? That will help you find it.
I know but all those people just seemed like haters without reasons

for me i don't hate it but I don't like the show
Jul 20, 2022 4:46 AM
Apr 2022
FinSR said:
I enjoy the show but the main trio really make it hard for me to watch sometimes. All 3 personalities can get extremely annoying in my opinion and it’s a frequent criticism I see. Also general predictability and lack of innovation in the story although this isn’t unique to demon slayer and could be said about many Shonen. That said I think it does what it sets out to do fine. Obviously it’s visuals are outstanding which for most people make up for what it lacks in other areas but because of this it won’t suit everyone’s tastes.

yes same for me
i don't like the three
Jul 20, 2022 5:40 AM
May 2016
DeFwonky said:
ktg said:

That's the problem actually. It's far from generic, but someone said it's generic and now everyone calls it generic.
If you watch for example the top 100 shounen, the generic main character is more like Naruto, Luffy or Eren (in the beginning). The generic main shounen character has big goal, a selfish goal. He could choose not to do that but he tries anyway. Becoming a Hokage, becoming the Pirate King or killing every titans.
While it's pretty much the opposite in KnY or in most of the new type of shounen MCs. They are selfless. They just want a peaceful life and a happy world. The same is true for the new gen shounens like JJK or KnY.

Yes, the shounen characteristics are shifting but KnY is far from generic. One of the most generic shounen is tha SnK S1 first half. Isayama created the start generic on purpose.

It is the most generic, very little personality and everything you just listed about what other characters do can literally be said for Tanjiro his dream is restoring his sister back to human and he kills demons, how is that not generic.

Then you don't what generic means. Tanjiro's personality is pretty new, compared to the other named characters.
Your argument is not really valid. I said not forced into the situations. Tanjiro has no choice while Eren could live inside the walls. Luffy could be an average person and Naruto could be an average ninja or even could choose another job. If Tanjiro haven't chose this path, her sister would have been dead. And he's not killing demons, he's protecting humans. If you want to compare it, for example, to Eren, then you can see how Eren killed titans without hesitation in the beginning, because he considered every titans as enemies. But in the end of S3 Eren personality is pretty close to Tanjiro's, because at that point he actually let titans live when they couldn't walk.
As for the personality, check out the top 50 shounen, if you can't find many shows with this "generic" personality then you are lying. The thing is, this really good person type is pretty new as a main character. In most of the cases they have some selfish desire. While this new type is more selfless. Check Itadori out, he doesn't considered to be generic, while they have pretty similar personalities.

So at least try to point out some valid arguments, because you just clearly didn't understand what I said.
Jul 20, 2022 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
Oh well as what everybody says, an overrated Manga with an overrated plot being carried by incredible godlike animation of an Anime together with the cuteness of*Zenitsu’s voice*NEZUKO-CHAAAAAANNNN!! And also Season 1’s incredibly great OP Gurenge by LiSA that was more like Tokyo Ghoul’s Unravel OP, a famous OP in an overrated Anime. That’s all! Any more shall I add?
Jul 20, 2022 6:15 AM

Dec 2020
ktg said:
DeFwonky said:

Then you don't what generic means. Tanjiro's personality is pretty new, compared to the other named characters.
Your argument is not really valid. I said not forced into the situations. Tanjiro has no choice while Eren could live inside the walls. Luffy could be an average person and Naruto could be an average ninja or even could choose another job. If Tanjiro haven't chose this path, her sister would have been dead. And he's not killing demons, he's protecting humans. If you want to compare it, for example, to Eren, then you can see how Eren killed titans without hesitation in the beginning, because he considered every titans as enemies. But in the end of S3 Eren personality is pretty close to Tanjiro's, because at that point he actually let titans live when they couldn't walk.
As for the personality, check out the top 50 shounen, if you can't find many shows with this "generic" personality then you are lying. The thing is, this really good person type is pretty new as a main character. In most of the cases they have some selfish desire. While this new type is more selfless. Check Itadori out, he doesn't considered to be generic, while they have pretty similar personalities.

So at least try to point out some valid arguments, because you just clearly didn't understand what I said.

Okay his personality is not pretty new its bog slandered with nothing unique and just hollow with typical shounen troupes. Your point about about him having no choice is just wrong, he chose to protect her he is not forced to by anyone its something he chose to protect like eren who chose to go out of the walls to try protect everyone by getting rid of titans.

"The thing is, this really good person type is pretty new as a main character" Nope my hero came out before demon slayer and the protags basically have the same ideals you were saying about selfless and help others deku wanting to be a hero to protect everyone would be selfless then.

This is the first time I have also seen someone say Itadori is not considered generic, he is a cool character and I like him but he is not unique for example a hybrid with sukuna can be compared to a titan shifter like eren, typical high school character with a mentor gojo like Kakashi. He has nothing unique to him that is new or innovative.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Jul 20, 2022 6:30 AM
May 2020
Comedy bro... This animes sense of humor is sh*t, they tried but its annoying and cringe more than entertaining. In manga it isn't that bad and disturbing but these things are really bad in anime. If it was a serious anime it would be better in my opinion.
Jul 20, 2022 7:20 AM
May 2016
DeFwonky said:
ktg said:

Okay his personality is not pretty new its bog slandered with nothing unique and just hollow with typical shounen troupes. Your point about about him having no choice is just wrong, he chose to protect her he is not forced to by anyone its something he chose to protect like eren who chose to go out of the walls to try protect everyone by getting rid of titans.

"The thing is, this really good person type is pretty new as a main character" Nope my hero came out before demon slayer and the protags basically have the same ideals you were saying about selfless and help others deku wanting to be a hero to protect everyone would be selfless then.

This is the first time I have also seen someone say Itadori is not considered generic, he is a cool character and I like him but he is not unique for example a hybrid with sukuna can be compared to a titan shifter like eren, typical high school character with a mentor gojo like Kakashi. He has nothing unique to him that is new or innovative.

Denial is not a refutation.
He has no choice, if he wants to preserve his life, because otherwise he would lose someone else. While in the other characters' cases, they choose not to preserve and change their lives.

Deku is a bad example. He's more like a hybrid of the two types. He's not forced and he's not doing to help people, just to be hero. Which is different from the others.
And btw, naming other 1 or 2 characters means nothing. We are talking about generic type, which means you should a thousand at least, but you can't.

That's interesting, because people doesn't call Itadori generic usually. Because in that case they recognize it as a new(er) type.
Because the generic type is more like Luffy, Naruto, Eren (S1), even Son Goku. Yes, this type is more than 50 years old, while this type is only a couple years old. That's why it far from generic.
Jul 20, 2022 7:22 AM
Apr 2022
Tbh the story is kinda straightforward, but I’m not the brightest, and I enjoy the simple things so I really enjoy demon slayer! It was the first real anime I had ever seen, I get it if it’s not your cup of tea tho lol.
Jul 20, 2022 7:34 AM

Dec 2020
ktg said:
DeFwonky said:

He has no choice, if he wants to preserve his life, because otherwise he would lose someone else. While in the other characters' cases, they choose not to preserve and change their lives.

Deku is a bad example. He's more like a hybrid of the two types. He's not forced and he's not doing to help people, just to be hero. Which is different from the others.
And btw, naming other 1 or 2 characters means nothing. We are talking about generic type, which means you should a thousand at least, but you can't.

That's interesting, because people doesn't call Itadori generic usually. Because in that case they recognize it as a new(er) type.
Because the generic type is more like Luffy, Naruto, Eren (S1), even Son Goku. Yes, this type is more than 50 years old, while this type is only a couple years old. That's why it far from generic.

Eren had always wanted to go and fight titans but what was the main reason that pushed it was the titans breaking the wall and killing his mother which could be considered generic in s1 but after wards he starts to branch out of the typical generic personality

And with tanjiro being selfless I kinda want to argue that with this, I would say tanjiro is one of the most selfish on the list of characters you mentioned, yes its to save his sister but he is defying the demon slayers by not executing a demon. The reason he begun to be a demon slayer is selfish in my eyes he had no interest in it and became one that stemmed out of personal gain yes its a fair reason but if the other characters you listed are selfish for just wanting to achieve a dream then so should tanjiros dream as the only reason he has a chance to do it is since giyu for no reason in the moment had mercy.

Deku is the most selfless as it stemmed from just wanting to help people for no personal gain. "He's not forced and he's not doing to help people, just to be hero." What exactly is a hero? When I watched it, it did not seem like he wanted personal gain he just wanted to save people because he admired allmight.

Jul 20, 2022 7:53 AM
May 2016
DeFwonky said:
ktg said:

Eren had always wanted to go and fight titans but what was the main reason that pushed it was the titans breaking the wall and killing his mother which could be considered generic in s1 but after wards he starts to branch out of the typical generic personality

And with tanjiro being selfless I kinda want to argue that with this, I would say tanjiro is one of the most selfish on the list of characters you mentioned, yes its to save his sister but he is defying the demon slayers by not executing a demon. The reason he begun to be a demon slayer is selfish in my eyes he had no interest in it and became one that stemmed out of personal gain yes its a fair reason but if the other characters you listed are selfish for just wanting to achieve a dream then so should tanjiros dream as the only reason he has a chance to do it is since giyu for no reason in the moment had mercy.

Deku is the most selfless as it stemmed from just wanting to help people for no personal gain. "He's not forced and he's not doing to help people, just to be hero." What exactly is a hero? When I watched it, it did not seem like he wanted personal gain he just wanted to save people because he admired allmight.

I was obviously talking about S1 Eren. I know he's changed, but usually people doesn't accept him as a generic MC even at the beginning of the story.

That's why I talked about being forced into or not. Tanjiro wants to preserve his life (not losing his sister etc). That's why he is not defying the Corps because he has a choice. It's quite the opposite.
And btw, as far as I know, every characters are in the Corps for "personnel gain" if we call everything that. Like in Natagumo arc we say demon slayers in flashbacks where they wanted to kill child demons because they would get money for it.
The dream that you forced to choose is not really a dream. Everyone that I mentioned choose his dream. Itadori is the only one who's not really. That's the same reason I mention him and Tanjiro together.

The problem with Deku in that case is that he needed to be a hero. He doesn't just want to help people, he wants to help them as a hero. So his dream is more like becoming a cool hero, but he consider helping others as part of becoming a cool hero. That's why it's a bit hybrid. He's selfishly wants to become selfless.
Jul 20, 2022 8:22 AM
cinnamon girl โ™ก

Apr 2021
HATERS ARE EVERYWHERE. despite anything
Jul 20, 2022 8:23 AM

Jan 2018
not sure what is so hard, just watch episode 19 and give it a ten.
Jul 20, 2022 10:13 AM

Dec 2019
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
pri_arts_ said:
they should cope with the fact that we are enjoyers and they are suffering from a terminal case of hater
I know! People really hate because they're haters and it's popular

This is the biggest cope I have ever seen. Hard to tell if this is genuine or if this is a troll.

VaggPe said:
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

that's because you don't want to accept their arguments

Thank you. This guy is either a troll or a normie fan who views any criticism, no matter how constructive or reasonable or valid it is, as blind hate because they're completely brainless and are unwilling to understand other people's views and completely ignore Demon Slayer's flaws and think it's a perfect diamond in the world of fiction that cannot be criticized. Demon Slayer's writing and characters are atrocious, it's animation and soundtrack are probably the only remarkable things about it.
Jul 20, 2022 10:41 AM
Jul 2022
OvergrownRover said:
I don’t think many people think DS is bad just overrated or average

agreed. i think it's decent, but really more of a typical anime that gets glory for having cool animation
Jul 20, 2022 12:05 PM

Apr 2015
Maybe because not everyone like's battle shounen? There's so many that barely stand out.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 20, 2022 1:02 PM

Nov 2018
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
pri_arts_ said:
they should cope with the fact that we are enjoyers and they are suffering from a terminal case of hater
I know! People really hate because they're haters and it's popular

Not liking something doesn't automictically mean hating something.

I don't remember why I didn't like it (and the fact that I remember almost nothing about this show speaks for itself), but I wouldn't say I hated it, it just was too boring and I had no reason to continue watching anything past the first season.

Anyway why do you care if people hate what you like?
Be assure that it works the other way too, as some shows that you hate, other people like.

So yeah, different people have different tastes, and there is no way that everybody will like or hate the exact same shows.
Even the most terrible animes have their fans, and the highest rated shows have people that don't like or hate them. You know, we are people and not machines that were programmed to love or hate shows depending on some artificial parameters.

serg90Jul 20, 2022 11:13 PM
Jul 20, 2022 2:32 PM
Mar 2021
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
I'm just can't understand how someone could hate this series. Is there something I'm missing.

boring, generic, trash characters, bad story, plot armour...
Jul 20, 2022 5:35 PM

Aug 2016
I'm glad I ended up not dropping the series because I like it quite a lot as an anime only watcher. Although, I was close to calling it quits over Zenitsu. His scenes were not funny and dragged on too long.

Also this topic went about as expected. People throwing out things like "bad writing" "plot armor" "overrated" "generic". Never explaining or giving examples of anything. Often times I've seen people do the same with One Piece or HxH and it turns they just didn't understand the show or pay attention to details.
JFujiJul 20, 2022 5:40 PM
Jul 20, 2022 6:10 PM
Mar 2022
it's because they mock if the graphics are good but the storyline is not comparable to the graphics
Jul 20, 2022 6:15 PM
Jul 2021
The manga, that’s the reason I would assume
Jul 20, 2022 9:04 PM

Mar 2022
Conex69 said:
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

boring, generic, trash characters, bad story, plot armour...
What do you meean it has some of the best characters and story in fiction
Jul 20, 2022 9:06 PM

Mar 2022
APenny_ForA_Rose said:
Tbh the story is kinda straightforward, but I’m not the brightest, and I enjoy the simple things so I really enjoy demon slayer! It was the first real anime I had ever seen, I get it if it’s not your cup of tea tho lol.
Yeah I get it,,, for people who arent that smart like us we need something like this to keep us occupied
Jul 20, 2022 9:07 PM
May 2022
I admit that DS is the first traditional shonen battle anime that I’ve watched so this could just be my due to my inexperience with the genre, but I actually find almost every character in the show charming and honestly don’t really get the hate everyone gives them. I understand people hating on the generic plot of DS because there are certainly anime out there with more complex and interesting plots but IMO the characters are truly what make the show go from good to great! Sure they are fairly simple and don’t have extremely complex character arcs, but what they lack in those areas they make up for in their heart. Even over the first 2 seasons I feel like I can already see them growing to become less selfish individuals abandoning their preconceived notions of the world. And despite all of that they are supposed to be over the top characters for entertainment purposes. I’m only a couple volumes into one piece so far so forgive me if I’m being ignorant but honestly I don’t really see a huge difference between characters like Inosuke and Luffy meanwhile Luffy is one of the most beloved shonen characters yet Inoskue is treated like he boring/annoying af that just doesn’t make sense to me.
Jul 21, 2022 12:37 AM

Mar 2022
V1P3R0P said:
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

yes. A brain to understand people can have different views, tastes and opinions.

Some people just want story to be good and will ignore how ever bad an animation is. DS has a lot of plot armors, Power of (family/friends/some random dude in my dreams) concept, which is very annoying. Tanjiro is in a pinch, he dreams about his dad telling him to breathe, and then he defeats a demon. I really find that frustrating.

A lot of people want well written character, who don't whine a lot and who are not cowards(Zenitsu) , who are not self overestimators(Inosuke) etc. I really dont care for such characters and in my opinion, I think having such character traits makes them more realistic.

A lot other dont appreciate the use of CGI in a 2d anime series. I agree a lot of shows used that and butchered the series, But this is Ufotable we are talking about, and they just made the show 8th wonder of the world.

actually, not being whiney and overconfident does make any a well written character, well written characters are always flawed, but they go through character development and become tolerable. which is pretty much non existent as they are just how they were in the starting and in the end. close to 0 character development
Jul 21, 2022 3:06 AM
Feb 2022
I don’t hate it but I personally think its overrated and i don’t like the story. The only thing i hear people rooting about for the anime is its art (which is really good) and NEZUKO CHAAAN.
Jul 21, 2022 3:22 AM

Sep 2010
It's boring and generic so why should I like it? Worst Bleach recycle I have seen so far.
Jul 21, 2022 3:24 AM

Feb 2019
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

There are many ways to tackle this question, but let's first examine why you like it in the first place. That shall, I expect, provide some insight into how it is you "can't understand."
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 21, 2022 4:06 AM
May 2021
Maybe because people have different opinions. Just because you think Demon Slayer is 10/10 doesn't mean that other people experience the anime that way.
Jul 21, 2022 4:52 AM
Mar 2021
Well. i couldn't watch more than like 5 episodes, it was just boring. Then i forced myself to read all the manga, it was a solid 6, just a generic new gen shounen. I've seen scenes from anime, and i can admit that the animation is great, but the story is boring
Jul 21, 2022 5:52 AM
Aug 2013
You have only completed 18 anime, your opinion is still very innocent so I won't judge for this post. It seems like you're quite new to anime and haven't watched much, i'd just say once you watch 100+ anime your tastes will start to evolve and change a lot and you'll find better anime the more you watch
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jul 21, 2022 5:56 AM
Aug 2013
Sulmas_ said:
it's because of how overrated it is. it's generic, carried by animation. it's not bad, but nowhere near top tier

True but like all shounen anime they generally do have great characters and great world building, demon slayer worldbuilding is still mid so far it's got a lot more world building to do. But the characters are great and the animation is great. Story is as generic and boring as can be, I'd say it has good and bad things about it. And you're right it's overrated and people hyping it up to sound better than it is can put people off or lead to failed expectations and disappointment with the anime.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jul 21, 2022 5:59 AM

Feb 2021
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
RioFS said:
Maybe read the reviews for a different opinion? That will help you find it.

Maybe try to understand the fact that people can like and hate any anime series no matter how good or how bad it is. Also, if reading well-written reviews (not talking about the short, spam-type reviews) you will understand their view. If you can't understand what they mean from even one of the reviews then bruh you are in denial.

Not to mention you are quite young and are new to anime so anime like these are surely going to appeal to you more than the older demographic. You'll start to see the flaws after watching a couple hundred anime or when you grow older.

Jul 21, 2022 6:08 AM

Oct 2019
yes, you are missing good taste in story and characters.

demon slayer is a generic story with 1 dimensional characters that get 0 to no development, plot armor, plot convenient, and terrible comedy, that has no depth, is predictable and lacks proper world building.

the production is top notch though, so even with all that, I still think the show is above average.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 21, 2022 6:39 AM

May 2021
Story hella generic. Characters are ass. Only thing saving it is the animation.
Jul 21, 2022 7:22 AM
Jun 2022
The plot is kinda cliche
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2019

200 by satyrelfheim »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

198 by satyrelfheim »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

235 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

274 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

285 by Restault »»
Jun 5, 3:46 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.