Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2021 2:09 PM
Apr 2015
Honestly as always I loved this ep as the one be4
But what I liked how Okamato did great job showing Garf emotion
I loved the interaction btw Ram and Garf but he is dumb he didn't realize, and great job that they show his test and didn't let for next ep

And I wonder where is his dad (garf's)
Jan 20, 2021 2:09 PM

Jan 2021
Finally the clash with Garfiel is over. The fight scene with Subaru and Garfiel was pretty cool.I also'd enjoyed getting to see some of Garfiel past. Hopefully we get a opening and ending next episode.
Jan 20, 2021 2:22 PM
Jul 2020
wait so emilia is not a elf but a witch wtf ?
Jan 20, 2021 2:25 PM
Jan 2021
I love Emilia so much
Jan 20, 2021 2:27 PM

Sep 2017
The witch's daughter eh? That clarifies some stuff
خ
Jan 20, 2021 3:01 PM
Nov 2017
Jaereku said:
darkfearie said:
Holy shit. This episode is a fucking blast. Subaru has the Invisible Hand ability unlocked? Something tells me Subaru is gonna be a tough one.

Edit: Wait a minute, the cracked screen. What the hell happened there?

The cracked screen means he finally completely shattered his magic gate (which was already pretty beat up after Season 1). So he might've gained the Unseen Hand but he can't use magic anymore ever. The cost of victory.

So he can't use any "debuffs" abilities, right? Like the smoke. I'm easily lost so I need some explanation. Does that also affect his "Return from Death" ability?
Jan 20, 2021 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
pikrili said:
Emilia is a half-elf. She's called Witch of Glaciation for spoiler reasons*. Echidna called her witch's daughter which means her mother was a Witch (obviously :-P)

* - if you want to know why, here it is

darkfearie said:
So he can't use any "debuffs" abilities, right? Like the smoke. I'm easily lost so I need some explanation. Does that also affect his "Return from Death" ability?
"Debuffs", as you call them, are spells associated with the shadow element that Subaru has affinity with. Breaking his gate means he will no longer be able to cast any spells, not just "debuffs". Unless he returns by death to a point before that happened, that is.

It does not affect his RBD.

Fatephile said:
The witch's daughter eh? That clarifies some stuff
It did not clarify anything for me (and I've read the LN till the end of volume 22) :D

Which Witch's daughter is she?
How is it possible since all the Witches we know of were long dead or sealed before Emilia was born?
How does Echidna know about it?
mozgowNov 28, 2022 1:18 AM
Jan 20, 2021 3:08 PM

Aug 2020
Do anyone know what exactly Garfiel saw Subaru doing? I thought it was the kiss at first but why would it be a "desperate moment", can't think of anything else
Jan 20, 2021 3:08 PM
Nov 2017
mozgow said:
pikrili said:
Emilia is a half-elf. He's called Witch of Glaciation for spoiler reasons*. Echidna called her witch's daughter which means her mother was a Witch (obviously :-P)

* - if you want to know why, here it is

darkfearie said:
"Debuffs", as you call them, are spells associated with the shadow element that Subaru has affinity with. Breaking his gate means he will no longer be able to cast any spells, not just "debuffs". Unless he returns by death to a point before that happened, that is.

It does not affect his RBD.

Ohh, I got it now. Sorry, I'm probably the dumbest Re:Zero fan you've ever seen. Thanks.
Jan 20, 2021 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
LightVelox said:
Do anyone know what exactly Garfiel saw Subaru doing? I thought it was the kiss at first but why would it be a "desperate moment", can't think of anything else
The writings on the wall to encourage Emilia.
Jan 20, 2021 3:22 PM

Jul 2020
LightVelox said:

The "desperate moment" line is what makes me think he's referring to Subaru tagging up the inside.
Jan 20, 2021 3:46 PM
Nov 2019
Aight just finished it
The scene where emilia said to subaru that theyll have to talk later about the thing made me chuckle but also😉😉😉😉, our boy garf is traumatized but the boi is managing it, also p u c k. The ending with emilia admitting shes the witchs daughter made me kinda shocked that like shes that intimate with her but it was expected ngl, i guess now the puzzles have fallen into place why she asked subaru to call her satella in the 1st ep and maybe why the witch chose subaru to have the curse
God im so tired its fucking 1 am i gotta sleep
Anyway ep was heartwarming af, we stan, sleep time nau
Jan 20, 2021 3:46 PM

Mar 2010
I have a shit load I want to say about this episode, but ofc i won't lolz damn I just loved Rem and her speech it really made this episode. and honest to god I got the feels for a bit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 20, 2021 3:58 PM
Apr 2020
Esse episódio foi incrível, a trilha sonora estava maravilhosa, e o Subaru brilhou, o final foi épico e um ótimo gancho pro próximo episódio
Jan 20, 2021 4:08 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, they've really been nailing all the episodes this season.

I had a good laugh when I realized Garfield was just 14, somehow his insecurity and problems made a lot more sense after I realized that. xD

Subaru cheering on Emilia with all those words of encouragement on the wall was a really nice thing do, I guess that helps us know where he went and why he broke his promise, but the guy could've timed it better to make the best of both worlds.

So Emilia is Satella's daughter? I knew she had to be related someway, I loved her intro to Echidna. Can't wait to see what our Frozen Witch is gonna do next.

Patrasche is the real MVP, deserves a medal.
Jan 20, 2021 4:20 PM
May 2020
so nice. everybody ended up in good terms. wholesome chungus 100

when Garfield tried to punch the baby lmao, that was funny as fuck
Jan 20, 2021 4:24 PM
Nov 2014
what an awesome episode, i really enjoyed this one and i'm glad that otto and ram didn't died while fighting garf.

subaru's new ability is interesting, petelguese would be proud.
Jan 20, 2021 4:25 PM
Nov 2020
Amazing episode, I really loved it!!
But I get lost on information very easily, can someone just refresh my mind from where Subaru got the information about Garf’s mother problems, or did he just guess it at the beginning?
Jan 20, 2021 4:31 PM
Apr 2017
M_Vilela_ said:
Amazing episode, I really loved it!!
But I get lost on information very easily, can someone just refresh my mind from where Subaru got the information about Garf’s mother problems, or did he just guess it at the beginning?

From Ryuzu in episode 14, ofc Subaru guessed the part about hating her because Ryuzu was not sure herself either.
Jan 20, 2021 4:42 PM
Mar 2018
Young Garf is the biggest Tsundere of 2021, but the smile he made was super heartwarming.

So when OP and ED playing?

Jan 20, 2021 4:46 PM
Apr 2019
Turns out Garf is absolutely precious. I knew I would end up liking him. Good development this episode. Ram gets some time to shine this episode too
Also, my girl Echidna is back! Hope we see more of her. Good to finally learn some stuff about Emilia this season outside the Frozen Bond ova that I still haven’t seen. Frozen Witch, ey? Cool title. First two episodes of this part I was eh on, but now I’m hyped
Jan 20, 2021 4:58 PM

Jan 2011
Xenocrisi said:
That last minute between Emilia and Echidna was unironically the best part of the episode lmao
i dunno something ant clicking with me with this show lately it was totally fine but i only really cared about the last few seconds as well.
Jan 20, 2021 5:03 PM

Nov 2013
oh, so that's what baka barusu was doing when he left Emilia alone lmfao

him taking that punch and not moving was quite cool tbh
for a moment i thought he was gonna say "i can return by death" but i guess he wasn't trying to kill him :v

humm, was that Puck inside that stone? wonder if we will see him again :o

Emilia looked even more beautiful when she was leaving, with that light behind her <3

pretty funny to see her confidence pointing at Echidna, after she tried to make her mad

SVTFOE4EVR said:

Emilia is doing the thing:

wow i didn't even think about Subaru pose when i saw her doing that, thanks for reminding us, this anime is full of stuff like this, love it :D

(again, i'm not reading too many comments for rezero and titan for obvious reasons lol)
winddevil1Jan 20, 2021 5:10 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 20, 2021 5:21 PM

Mar 2016
Wow Garfield age reveal! He is certainly ripped :)

Echidna and Emilia at the end, so she’s been bullying Emilia for all this time, but now she’s finally standing up for herself!

Jan 20, 2021 5:22 PM

Feb 2014
Witch's daughter? What?
Jan 20, 2021 5:36 PM
Feb 2019
This episode was really good, I liked it a lot. After the cringie episode 2 I needed this episode to shake off the bad taste the previous episode gave me.

Things are finally moving.
Jan 20, 2021 5:40 PM

Oct 2012
Well, have to admitt they fixed the issue from the last episode of Subaru breaking his promise rather decently with all those encouraging writings on the wall of the Sanctuary.. although I still can't shake the feeling this was only done for story purposes for shock value rather that from Subaru's POV. He still did that not becuase she loved her but because it needed to be done, that's quite difference. And although I still believe they could have done better job with confession scene in the last episode, at least some of the things were corrected.

Didn't expect Garfiel to be young chuunibyou though, funny that he is actually younger. But I don't quite understand how Puck hiding himself into the crystal worked and WHY the fuck Emilia didn't react to his/her voice? Also, Subaru really boasted himself to fight man-on-man with each other yet in the end he just used his own witch power? (talk about hypocritical deus ex machina).

Can't wait for Emilia to meet her mother witch, Echidna can be formidable enemy and I'm really looking forward to their interactgion but she really need to face her lookalike there, and Satella is already waiting.
Jan 20, 2021 6:06 PM

Sep 2017
katsu044 said:
Xenocrisi said:
That last minute between Emilia and Echidna was unironically the best part of the episode lmao
i dunno something ant clicking with me with this show lately it was totally fine but i only really cared about the last few seconds as well.

Same man. It feels like there's literally been no plot progression since the start of season 2 (15 episodes so far). Just them going to the sanctuary so that Emilia can go through a trial while people taking turn being crybabies.
Jan 20, 2021 6:10 PM
Nov 2020
Mich666 said:
Well, have to admitt they fixed the issue from the last episode of Subaru breaking his promise rather decently with all those encouraging writings on the wall of the Sanctuary.. although I still can't shake the feeling this was only done for story purposes for shock value rather that from Subaru's POV. He still did that not becuase she loved her but because it needed to be done, that's quite difference. And although I still believe they could have done better job with confession scene in the last episode, at least some of the things were corrected.

Didn't expect Garfiel to be young chuunibyou though, funny that he is actually younger. But I don't quite understand how Puck hiding himself into the crystal worked and WHY the fuck Emilia didn't react to his/her voice? Also, Subaru really boasted himself to fight man-on-man with each other yet in the end he just used his own witch power? (talk about hypocritical deus ex machina).

Can't wait for Emilia to meet her mother witch, Echidna can be formidable enemy and I'm really looking forward to their interactgion but she really need to face her lookalike there, and Satella is already waiting.

puck and Subaru obviously planned something, which will be explained later

Now why would you think Subaru of all people would go so far to help someone just because 'it needed to be done' and not heavily based on his kindness? it's like you're talking about a completely different character
Jan 20, 2021 6:10 PM
Apr 2017
Mylandra said:
katsu044 said:

Same man. It feels like there's literally been no plot progression since the start of season 2 (15 episodes so far). Just them going to the sanctuary so that Emilia can go through a trial while people taking turn being crybabies.

Defeating Garfiel IS plot progression, Garfiel is literally one of three big problems of the season, the others being Elsa and the bunnies.

God forbid people having feelings and tragic pasts in a tragic world.
Jan 20, 2021 6:22 PM
Sep 2019
So um at the end garf told subaru about seeing him do something which made him turn red now it was probably my lack of attention and not understanding English but can someone explain to me exactly what was said
Jan 20, 2021 6:23 PM

Nov 2019
Jorg3gam-uwu said:
So um at the end garf told subaru about seeing him do something which made him turn red now it was probably my lack of attention and not understanding English but can someone explain to me exactly what was said
He saw subaru's drawings
Jan 20, 2021 6:25 PM

Sep 2017
foxyahoo said:
Mylandra said:

Defeating Garfiel IS plot progression, Garfiel is literally one of three big problems of the season, the others being Elsa and the bunnies.

Except Garfield could be removed from the story and it wouldn't change anything. He could be considered filler if anything. They could've shown Emilia facing her own problems herself and actually grow as a person, but she instead rely on being entirely dependent to Subaru yet again showing no growth whatsoever.
Jan 20, 2021 6:28 PM

May 2020
Mylandra said:
foxyahoo said:

Except Garfield could be removed from the story and it wouldn't change anything. He could be considered filler if anything. They could've shown Emilia facing her own problems herself and actually grow as a person, but she instead rely on being entirely dependent to Subaru yet again showing no growth whatsoever.

This won't age well lmao, Garf will be an important ally for this Arc.
Jan 20, 2021 6:32 PM

Sep 2017
Gilgameshuu said:
Mylandra said:

This won't age well lmao, Garf will be an important ally for this Arc.

Good. At least, it's building up to something lol
Jan 20, 2021 6:35 PM

Nov 2019
Mylandra said:
foxyahoo said:

How did you come to the conclusion that garf can be considered filler. he was literally one of the main reasons subaru couldn't leave the sanctuary
Jan 20, 2021 6:41 PM

Sep 2017
ExcaliburAO said:
Mylandra said:

How did you come to the conclusion that garf can be considered filler. he was literally one of the main reasons subaru couldn't leave the sanctuary

Hum, because he's exactly just here as an obstacle in Subaru's way that does nothing but halts the main progress. The writer could add a hundred « villains » inbetween the goal of the arc and they would be considered filler if all they did was halt the main protagonist progress and not change the overall main plot.
Jan 20, 2021 6:42 PM
Jun 2020
Seeing lots of people taking that last scene literally but I myself thought that Dona was just trying to piss Emilia off because she’s salty lol

Well, no one really knows just yet. Not even novel readers like me.
Jan 20, 2021 6:59 PM
Sep 2019
ttcchen said:
mozgow said:
No one really knows (even LN readers). The theory I'm most convinced for, based on the later part of this cour (not animated yet), is
she died 400 years ago tho :/
emilia was frozen for a while until puck unfroze her
Jan 20, 2021 7:05 PM
Jan 2018
Mylandra said:
ExcaliburAO said:

Hum, because he's exactly just here as an obstacle in Subaru's way that does nothing but halts the main progress. The writer could add a hundred « villains » inbetween the goal of the arc and they would be considered filler if all they did was halt the main protagonist progress and not change the overall main plot.

Ok bro make sure u watch till the end ok to know if he is a filler or not
Jan 20, 2021 7:20 PM

Sep 2017
Winter_Fox said:
Mylandra said:

Good, but that wasn't really the main issue I was raising though. 15 episodes without the feeling of having any progress made is the problem for me. Season 1 was going forward almost every episode. Season 2 has yet to move forward is pretty much what I was saying. I'm not really questioning Garfield as a character being there, but did they really need to make so many episodes about him blocking Subaru's path? He could still be used as a relevant plot item later either way. Anyway, I'm still watching the rest of the season regardless.
Jan 20, 2021 7:30 PM

Nov 2019
Mylandra said:
Winter_Fox said:

Good, but that wasn't really the main issue I was raising though. 15 episodes without the feeling of having any progress made is the problem for me. Season 1 was going forward almost every episode. Season 2 has yet to move forward is pretty much what I was saying. I'm not really questioning Garfield as a character being there, but did they really need to make so many episodes about him blocking Subaru's path? He could still be used as a relevant plot item later either way. Anyway, I'm still watching the rest of the season regardless.
For me the problems you have with season 2 is why I like it. The way they could be in the same place over and over yet still present something new and unexpected was such a treat for me. Different preferences I guess
Jan 20, 2021 7:35 PM
Feb 2019
Mylandra said:

Yeah I also agree with you here, I know Garfiel will be important to the story and all but this arc is definitely moving at a snail's pace, we are still in the forest and things barely went anywhere IMHO.

I'm just glad things appear to be moving forward now, after 15 episodes I simply got tired of this forest arc and want this to move on. Also, FINALLY, Emilia stopped being a freaking "Damsel in Distress" because that was getting annoying too and Garfiel was more likeable in this episode after his character development so this was a good episode for me.

Now... can we please move on from this forest?
Resus-2Jan 20, 2021 7:46 PM
Jan 20, 2021 7:45 PM
Mar 2020
swordmaster2551 said:
Faryd said:
he saw him writing the love letters for her when he left emilia and broke the promise

He literally saw the words of encouragement when he was in the room for his trial.

Oh ok, I got it all wrong, thanks for answering
Jan 20, 2021 7:51 PM

Sep 2016
Saw Ram smiling, and thought it was super blursed.
Then I saw Garfiel smiling...lol.

And then the long awaited, hell yeah!
bruh
Jan 20, 2021 8:04 PM
Sep 2008
Ok so I want to see Emilia's trials, but I'm also super anxious about the mansion. I got semi-spoiled on the aftermath but I want to know HOW it gets there and how Subaru + company solves the problem cause I don't know how long it's gonna be for Emilia to get through 3 trials...
Jan 20, 2021 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
We're getting S2 part 1's theme songs more than this season's theme songs lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 20, 2021 8:24 PM

Aug 2020
the ost this episode was perfect. Garf's seiyuu's voice acting was amazing too. We learn that Garf is not only tsun but is also chunni lmaoo.

Emilia's inner megumin leaking out
Jan 20, 2021 8:41 PM
Oct 2020
This ep of Re:Zero was a "Why I watch anime" kind of episode 😭
I'm glad they didn't use the whole peanut gallery BS from shounen. Emilia was quiet for the fight after Subaru said I got this. The fight was valid. And what Subaru did for Emilia was so CUTE... I wonder if people are gonna get suspicious about Subaru getting Petelguese's ability/ies.
Jan 20, 2021 8:42 PM

May 2020
I don't know if I have anything new to contribute to this discussion but...

HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODE, THIS SHOW, EMILIA

They keep just blowing me away with their developments. I realized after this episode...assuming the season/show continue to either get better or even just stay this good, this might be one of the best overall shows I've ever watched. FMA:B is one of the GOATs because it was consistently amazing and built this incredible story from start to finish that was brilliant. Season 1 of Re:0 was honestly just pretty good, but it continues to build and develop; and it is starting to weave together the kind of story that (for me personally at least) rivals the overall story-telling of FMA:B.

Absolutely psyched to keep watching this show and see where it ends up.

*Edit* this was one of those few anime episodes where I actually noticed the background music sounded exceptionally good...like, it amplified the emotions of the scenes.
RagerrodentJan 20, 2021 8:49 PM
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

18 by FilipPaul »»
May 28, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.