Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 5, 2020 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
Fario-P said:

Funimation does more weird translating; in the beginning of the episode, Kyouko says 「へんなの」 towards Yota after he assures her that nothing's up, which gets translated to "You're silly". Maybe I've been watching too much anime, but I'm pretty sure the actual translation is more closer to "You're weird". I dunno, I just personally think that "You're weird" sounds more like something Kyouko would say anyway.

Nothing wrong with that, leave the translation to people who actually speak the language and not some anime gibberish.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DerWuestenfuchs
「Just another weeb living the dream in Japan」
Dec 6, 2020 7:42 AM

Jun 2019
Oh Hina, my sweet little girl. Why are you so adorable? I'm gonna cry my eyes out when this's gonna end.
Dec 6, 2020 5:19 PM

Jan 2015
To distract everyone from a depressing episode, behold more Hina cuteness ^^

Btw... does anyone else feel like this bus and the place where they sit is the same as in Charlotte?

btw this bento looks really good :)
Dec 8, 2020 5:31 PM
Apr 2020
Chiibi said:
Tempest-21 said:
I do wish that Hina and Yota's relationship just turns out platonic and that it's just one guy who really cares for someone who changed his life and that there would be no romance between them

No Jun Maeda story is ever that way. He. Likes. Romance. He is Makoto Shinkai before Makoto Shinkai started making movies lol.

All I'm saying is "don't watch a Jun Maeda/ Key series expecting a platonic story." You won't get that.

i'm fine with yota and izanami ending up together. besides, this might be the one series where it's an exception among others

however with how things are happening, i doubt it's gonna play out as what i wish for

P.S: i do understand what you're saying. hence why i said "
however with how things are happening, i doubt it's gonna play out as what i wish for"

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeDec 28, 2020 6:44 AM
Dec 9, 2020 7:36 PM
Sep 2017
I TOLD Y’ALL SO!! I CALLED IT!
Dec 10, 2020 6:48 PM
Jun 2013
This is like a potentially great series but that can't just live up to the potential because everything is rushed, not developed well, characters lack the actual emotional connection and some of the writing is just bad/weird, nothing that the father said makes sense at all, he's just a really bad father, and the whole travel just felt off with Yota being the only actually caring about anything since the father looks just bored out of his mind after seeing her daughter well and alive, and seriously, this story can't be sooo cliche that the "end of the world" is just Hina's sickness returning, that so "ehh..."

But said that, gotta admit that the "they're not seeing her?" got me anxious for a second, it was a good bait.
Shinuki_n_RebornDec 10, 2020 6:52 PM
Dec 11, 2020 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
so this is the turning point of the show?
like everyone said...Hina is Terminally ill? and her disease was just delayed by those who kept her starting from age 7???
hmmmmmm...
hope Jun Maeda make not not so predictable...
5/5.

Dec 13, 2020 10:29 AM
Jun 2019
I hope my guess is wrong,but looks like sekai owari means that end of the world is coming,but it won't be end for humanity,but for one little girl with terrible disease
Dec 28, 2020 6:46 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned of trolling posts.

Please keep the discussion civil.
Jan 3, 2021 11:16 PM

May 2015
Bruh I fell for the ol "she's actually a ghost, and only me and few others can see her" thing
Thankfully it's not that cliche
Jan 8, 2021 6:50 PM

Apr 2016
so the mystery behind hina was all uncovered this episode and it seems like things are starting to unfold too
Jan 26, 2021 1:15 PM

Aug 2017
Its too late to care about Hina, she's an annoying brat and that plot twist was very predictable. RIP to those who thought it was a virtual world.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 2, 2021 5:43 AM
Jan 2020
I did not expect this, after meeting Hina’s dad, the truth has been revealed. How she gets her powers is also partly revealed.
Feb 26, 2021 4:33 AM

Jul 2015
Nice lie there but we all know 'Hina' is actually Odin and not some granddaughter with incurable disease of a genius scientist.
Hina is adorable and funny but I personally don't like her becoming a romance interest.

Have to say Hina's dad could be a lot clearer on wtf happened in the past that caused him to not wanting to see current Hina instead of "you don't understand".

Mar 24, 2021 11:35 PM

Mar 2016
This is getting a bit more confusing than answering questions. Instead of just sending her to live with Youta's parents he goes "I'll have her dress in a nun outfit and set her loose...you find her :P"

Was hoping it wouldn't turn out as it started to seem, but no, Hina's father is an asshole. Weird how he just takes Hina's word that she actually is 'his' Hina and not some other random girl with the same name. Even though he believes it is her, he shows f*** all emotion about seeing her alive and well, and also f*** all regret about just up and abandoning her, especially as it was implied Hina's mother offed herself over the condition. Really confused about the wife though. What's her problem with Hina actually being alive? They really are both shit people, and hopefully Youta wouldn't do the same as him if he was in that position i.e. abandon his poor terminally ill daughter to start a new family.

Guessing now that the implication is that the 'end of the world' is possibly more along the line of 'end of Hina's life'. Some top secret experimental treatment fixed her Logos Syndrome...but will wear off after a few years. Telling Youta it'll be the end of the world would hopefully spur him into spending his time with her in a way that would leave neither of them with regrets.
TheAquilaSamuraiMar 24, 2021 11:40 PM
Jun 1, 2021 10:31 PM

Oct 2013
HERE COMES THE STORY POG BEEN WAITING 8 EPISODES FOR THIS POG FINALLY STORY POG

yep, that "Hina's a ghost" fake-out halfway through got me, too. A tier presentation.

I came here expecting this thread to be full of "fuck Hina's dad" degeneracy; I'm surprised to find the community more level-headed than I would've credited them for. But this episode did well at painting her father's perspective. Life isn't all that simple, and sometimes folks make troublesome decisions they'll never live down and never know whether they were right or wrong.

I'm reminded of Silent Hill 2.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 12, 2023 6:10 AM
Sep 2018
Let’s just say for a moment that Hina really was was cured, even if only temporarily, of an otherwise incurable disease. The fact that she seems to be alive when really everything else would suggest she shouldn’t be is almost “divine”.
May 24, 4:27 AM
Mar 2024
This episode hit hard, I know there's definitely some foreshadowing at play but I couldn't put my finger on it
May 31, 11:24 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm...
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

307 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

174 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

166 by stverc »»
May 25, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

227 by stverc »»
May 25, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2020

126 by stverc »»
May 24, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.