Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 14, 2019 2:11 PM
Apr 2018
Hyakki vs Tahomaru was wild. It was so satisfying when Hyakki just chopped the other's two arms. Wish he could've killed them.

The strategy of ramming a horse against Hyakki wasn't very convincing to me. Didn't like that part at all.
Jun 23, 2019 9:17 AM

May 2016
It looks like the majority of the episode was used as build-up for the shit that will finally hit the fan indirectly thanks to Hyakki taking back what was his. I can see where Tahomaru's coming from when he had the resolve to kill his older brother but he should realize that all of this is actually his dad's fault for taking the easy way out by bargaining with the Demons. What good is a prosperous domain if it won't even last for 20 years? He really should've toughened it out if he really was a good leader because people are now dying because of disasters, epidemics, monsters, and rival domains now.

They had a rematch and Hyakki was winning but Daigo's dogs came charging in with that horse and even blew her up so he'll fall down that cliff. It's very ironic that Mutsu commented about how proud she was being Taho's right-hand woman with Hyogo being the left the night before they got their respective hands cut off by Hyakki. I hope that he'll be able to save Dororo with the help of that menacing horse that died an unjust brutal death.

Jun 25, 2019 12:10 AM

Jan 2018
Damn, that horse. Looks like Ponyta. XD
Jul 5, 2019 8:12 AM

Mar 2012
One does not simply expect the Kamikaze horse.
Jul 7, 2019 2:06 PM

May 2015
Horsebomb? HORSEBOMB
Jul 9, 2019 2:04 PM

Feb 2018
Pretty intense episode. I was expecting that horse to die, but damn.

The animation near the end with Tahomaru and Hyakkimaru fighting was really nice. I noticed the animation quality can take quite the dive sometimes but it seems like they put the budget where it matters.
Jul 18, 2019 2:54 AM
Apr 2018
TigersAndDragons said:
First time I saw the ending all the way to the end, and I have to say, seeing Ponytail-less Dororo is adorable.

If Dororo was 4 or 5 years older I'd be a Hyakki x Dororo shipper.

There's only about a 5 year age gap
Aug 8, 2019 2:05 AM

May 2017
Swagernator said:
Hyakkimaru will ride a fucking Rapidash to the final battle, absolute madlad.

lmaooo forreal my first thought was "I wild Rapidash appeared"
Aug 8, 2019 2:51 PM

Mar 2019
These last episodes are so full of tension.And that ending song is making me cry cus of the anime ended.
Also,what was with that horse.I think those little things are meant to give a second chance of revenge for the dead(the horse in this case).
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 22, 2019 6:43 AM

Dec 2018
Hyakkimaru keep straying further and further...

Didn't expect Hyakkimaru to be this brutal to Mutsu and Hyogo. Seems because Hyakkimaru is not hesitating anymore and treat even human target as a demon.

Deathflag for Mutsu.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 1, 2019 8:09 PM

Dec 2015
Back to a certain style for this round of the fratricidal fight? Good choice. I find it strange that people are not complaining about it for this episode, @CodeBlazeFate.

I was surprised by the inclusion of the horse (and by its brutal explosion) but expected the spirit to come sooner into play. The Rapidash comparison didn't even come to mind though, maybe because I had seen the 60s horse story.
Anyway, this way of melding ()weekly yôkai and global story is great but should have been employed for most of the episodes after the half point in order to capitalize on the full-length format (24-26).

4/5 Too late, too distillated.
Sep 7, 2019 2:13 PM

Oct 2012
Devil_Slayer said:
ninka22 said:

WTF. Tahomaru is real monster and he should to die a painful death.
Trying to be a good ruler by sacrificing innocent children to demons. If he wants to be good guy why didn't he sacrifice his own body to those demons.
Hyakkimaru isn't cold. He's angry and has every right to be angry after what his shitty famili did to him. Do you seriously think he has no right to get his body parts back? Did he ever attack his shitty brother or father. They are the ones attacking him and he has no choice but defend himself.

I'm sure justice will be served and manga spoiler.

If you really think that spoild brat Tahomaru is the good guy in this story you have serious problems.

It's hard to blame Tahomaru though, from his perspective, Hyakki is the reason his people and country is dying and killing Hyakki is the only way to stop this.

he knows the whole story though, and those demons are the reason for alot of innocent people being eaten and killed all over the lands. then stands there talking about being a ruler for his people. Having deals with demons will have repercussions
Sep 20, 2019 8:07 PM

Mar 2015
I feel bad for that prized horse!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 21, 2019 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
what the heck was the thing with the horse at the end? The animation was kind of weird again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2019 7:21 AM

Jul 2010
This was almost poetic, if only Tahoumaru also lost his other eye. Arms and eyes, the things you are trying to protect but you can't sympathize with Hyakkimaru who you stole from and who is trying to get them back...
Oct 31, 2019 8:06 AM

Jul 2013
Flashbacks of Hyogo and Mutsu, I really thought they were gonna die. Or maybe in the next episode.
Nov 30, 2019 7:49 PM

Jul 2017
Justice for mama horse :(
Mar 6, 2020 5:57 AM

Feb 2019
Looks like aniki has a new reign
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 29, 2020 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
Funny to see Hyogo and Mutsu's first encounter with Daigo being Mutsu going straight for the kill with a sharpened bone while Hyogo just chewing on his arm.

Really like the two sides with Hyakkimura having every damn right to get his body parts back but also the enemy wanting to protect the 'good' life they got instead of the terrible one even if it is built upon the sacrifice of one person by demons.

Oct 2, 2020 2:02 AM
Oct 2019
That better be a good horse spirit that takes Hyakki back into town.

Hyakki took those 3 to town and probably kills them all there if not for backup.

Sorry Dororo, but Hyakki is doing NOTHING wrong by reclaiming what is rightfully his. DEAL. WITH. IT.
Mar 27, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2010
Twas funny asf seeing the horse blow up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 7, 2021 3:47 PM

Sep 2017
That was a slick fight sequence. Rip that horse tho lol. Didn't think we'd literally see the payoff of that dudes breadwinner horse so soon.
May 24, 2022 10:33 AM

Jun 2019
Yooo... that was a sick fucking episode. The animation of the fighting between Hyaakimaru and Tahomaru was lit. And, that poor Horse got blown to pieces. And, then evolved into Rapidash. RIP, white horse.
Aug 8, 2022 2:03 AM

Nov 2012
Frustrating that Dororo herself and the show tries to paint Hyakimaru as evil or just as bad if he kills these guys, who are literally hunting and persecuting him just for existing. Defending himself against these people actively trying to kill him relying on the power of demons (who also traded him off to demons) is evil? I'm think he's pretty free and clear to murder all these guys in self defence. They're clearly the evil ones and they've made it clear they wouldn't leave him alone to live a normal life anyway, so he should allow them to hunt him forever? No, he's completely morally in the clear to kill them all.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 30, 2022 12:20 PM
Apr 2020
This episode was quite painful to watch, in two ways. The first half was kinda boring and felt dragged out too much. Secondly, it felt so unsettling seeing how they're using the mother horse as a weapon. But holy shit, the creature at the end was something else, will look forward to the next episode.
Feb 1, 2023 7:16 PM
Apr 2022
For some reason I can't find it in myself to cheer for Hyakkimaru, I know he's the good guy but damn.
Feb 5, 2023 10:17 AM

May 2022
I hope they get a happy closure.
Mar 12, 2023 4:45 AM

Feb 2022
Those fckers blaming Hyakkimaru for the incoming destruction of their land... It's his body! he have the rights to claim it back!
Mar 23, 2023 6:45 PM

Oct 2022
I don't get it, this anime went from having a totally non-animated horse that just stood there like a cardboard cutout, to having them move a little last episode, to now having a beautiful white mare with her foal and that scene was so sweet and slightly tragic, but well animated and even the sound. It's like night and day compared to episode 15. Despite this I still laughed too hard when the f*&^ing horse parts went off the cliff!!

That was a surprisingly touching moment when Dororo tried to stop Hyakkimaru.. you think he's just a brainless idiot sometimes, just stalking through the woods, jumping into action to take down demons. His reaction to Dororo is moving to see. It almost feels like his survival doesn't really depend on what happens to him in battle, but what happens to Dororo....

But the thing that shook me most was Mutsu getting the epidemic... she is just one of the best people in this show, I love her loyalty and honor. That broke my heart.
Dec 1, 2023 12:04 AM

Nov 2023
Go fight! I hope it ends well
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

445 by SpongyMallard »»
Jun 3, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2019

138 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2019

136 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

109 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2019

181 by dspr »»
May 24, 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.