Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 30, 2017 12:18 AM

May 2016
I didn't like the entire work, but I was still curious how the final.

I never expected 9, nine, n-i-n-e.......

The end was not closed as I would like but at least he made a decision,
『  』
Sep 30, 2017 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
There is already an unconditional hate towards harem anime and then shows like this add a nail in the coffin to this dying genre. I am getting tired of all these "isekai" shows with their dull and generic themes. I knew this was one of this show but I guess the lack of harem anime convinced me into watch this anyway.

There is not much to talk about this show expect the fact that the MC is pretty much a god amongst men. I don't mind OP characters but this was ridiculously stupid. It just killed all excitement or thrill during the fights or actions sequences because it felt pointless. And considering how this show is going I don't even doubt the fact that one day Touya will pull a skyscraper out of his ass and establish his own city.

In addition, the protagonist's personality is quite boring and bland. I mean the writer could at least try to make him interesting like they did in Konosuba or in High School DXD. And it's not like the female characters made any difference with their poor development.

Overall, it's a bad anime.
Oct 1, 2017 7:27 AM

Nov 2015
This Protagonist is better than some other gay protagonist XD ,at least he reply his feeling. In the end of this ep when Ende shown up, at that time I want season 2... because Ende seems stronger than touya :D
Oct 1, 2017 9:57 PM

Jul 2015
They end the entire anime... with MC... kissing all the main girls... So basically, this anime is BY FAR, THE TRASHIEST FANTASY I'VE SEEN TO THIS DAY.

But this anime answered a very important question I've never asked. What would it be like if everything went RIGHT for the MC? And it really, REALLY, SUCKS. Nah, it wasn't just that, the characters themselves were bland and uninteresting, story was boring, and the MC being as OP as he was just made it all worse, on top of that, its another crappy fantasy world, but by far the least interesting one I have ever seen, and will probably ever see.

At the very least, his use of a cell phone was pretty neat in a way, so at least they got good use out of that. And the anime, in its trashiness, did get a few brief chuckles out of me, but still... This was just plain BAD. I did get a lot of enjoyment out of it, but for the same reasons I got a lot of enjoyment out of anime like Big Order and Tabuu Tattoo. They sucked so much it was funny, and with that said, my score is a 4/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 2, 2017 1:56 AM
Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
It felt like the anime was more of an advertisement of the novels.

I didn't see it that way. If this was an advertisement for the novels then it failed. If I see this novel in person when I'm out and about I will try my very best to throw it in the trash to save unsuspecting people from mistakenly purchasing this pure trash.
Oct 2, 2017 12:35 PM

Sep 2012
at the end of it. there are people who are gonna buy the novel because of the anime and that is a plus for this series.
the ln is quite popular after all.
tho i'll give this 5-6/10
we had a lot of harem series anyway and he can't win agaisnt those pure harem king like issei.
tho if we go with number, then shouldn't touma from index win hands down because 10000 sisters feeling being transmitted to each of them.... >.>

it wasn't the best, it wasn't bad either, regardless it's series worth to pass time by, nothing memorable, don't see the importance of smartphone at all, it's like having a sensory magic anyway.
Oct 4, 2017 9:55 PM

Nov 2016
paulmanton said:
Stark700 said:
It felt like the anime was more of an advertisement of the novels.

I didn't see it that way. If this was an advertisement for the novels then it failed. If I see this novel in person when I'm out and about I will try my very best to throw it in the trash to save unsuspecting people from mistakenly purchasing this pure trash.

Amen!

This show had no sense of pacing, couldn't develop characters, relied too heavily on cliches, and brought nothing new to an already overused premise. The whole thing is just a self-insert fantasy wish-fulfillment trip; it never tries to tell an interesting story or convey actual emotion, it's just junk food for the mind. Watching this was pure agony and I pray there isn't a second season. 3/10
Oct 6, 2017 4:20 AM

May 2016
It was fine for me, the first eight episodes, but then the fan service arrived (Leen groping the green haired girl at episode 9) then i kinda lost interest in the show but i still managed to finish it tho 😅

Oct 6, 2017 8:49 AM

Oct 2010
valvravetruth said:
Korakora59 said:
Since I'm pretty sure this won't get a 2nd season, can someone who read the light novel tell me who "ende" is?

Ah, thanks for the explanation. ^^
Oct 6, 2017 9:18 PM

Jan 2014
he's going to end with 9 wives, lmao

I think the professor and that white hair guy is the same as Touya, The professor are from the same previous world as Touya, but the white hair guy are from another world, that's why he had unusual coin.

after showing the future 5 next wives and the encounter with the white hair guy, I think it's possible to get 2nd season, and I actually wished for that to happen.

this kind of anime is actually what I've been looking for, I'm just tired of weak MC that talk too much to win a battle and need long development to become Godly overpowered, so when I found this anime and other OP MC like Overlord, NGNL, One Punch Man, or Mahouka it really pleased me.
Oct 8, 2017 5:33 PM

Aug 2015
They managed to destroy the romance genre. Glad it's over.
Oct 9, 2017 8:53 AM

Feb 2012
Probably second time I've seen an actual harem appear in anime (last time being Naze Turbine in G-Tekketsu).

The tiger and the bear are together, too wut?

lol Francesca wacked out a USB.

Kami-sama watching the show, meta as fuck.

nine fucking wives, really?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 10, 2017 5:01 AM

Jan 2012
Cute series. Nice ending.

Would like to see more but will be surprised it gets a second season.
Oct 11, 2017 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
Certainly this anime had its flaws....most anime do....but I don't know, I still liked it.

7/10
Oct 12, 2017 1:47 PM
Jul 2017
I know im late but, i have heard from several people that the anime is confirmed to have 25 episodes and that they will be taking month or two break before airing the remainibg 13. Kinda like The asterisk war did, beeing confrimed for 24+ but having seasonal realisings.
Oct 16, 2017 12:36 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
AHHHHHHHHH PUREST FORM OF LOVE !!!!!! I like how Touya considers the girls and if he could satisfy and take care of them before going straight for marriage, really thoughtful! 9 WIVES IN THE FUTURE HAHAHAHAHAHHA GO HAREM KING !!!!! :))) I LOVE THIS ANIME ISEKAI SMARTPHONE SO MUCHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!! FUCKING 100% PERFECTION TO MY TASTE !!!!!!!! I'LL BE SO HAPPY FOR A SEASON 2, DEFINITELY POSSIBLE. AMAZING GREATEST ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE ANIME :DDD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 16, 2017 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
Kyun Kyun!
Yumina coming to his room. She coming for that kiss.
Yumina won't be mad if he has 10 or 20 wives? I so want to declare Yumina as best girl for that reason alone.
Dat kiss.
Oh shit. Linze was invisible.
Oh shit! He got 2 girls. AAAAAAH! Now get Yae and I will be a happy man (also want you to get Tsubaki).
They want goodnight kisses.
LMAO at Kohaku.
Elze bursts into his room.
Yae also.
The sakuga in Yae's face. So beautiful.
Touya likes them both as well.
You don't need to think about this. The only answer is Yes.
She got a USB that connects to his phone.
Holy shit! That's Regina? LAWD JESUS! FAPFAPFAPFAP!
She knows his name?
Regina pantsu! SUGOI!
Dat mech.
lol at Touya saying that's more than he can handle.
lol Is Kami watching Sue on tv?
Touya can visit Kami at any time? OP.
Sue wants to poke Touya.
Who is that?
The Kami of love.
Dat oppai. lol at Touya singing.
Dat oppai jiggle.
Dat changing flashback. So it was her doing. lol
lol at Kami singing.
Kohaku kawaii as fock sleeping.
Touya looking at his fap material on his phone.
The harem is happening! AAAAAAH!
Damn you Elze for ruining my chance to see Touya kiss Yae.
Charlotte.
Touya's going to have 9 wives? AAAAAAAAAH! Let's go! Please let Tsubaki be in it.
WTF! No Tsubaki? That's bullshit!
lol So now the guy in the OP appears. What was the point of putting him in the OP so 1 minute of screentime? lol Funny how he calls Touya's smartphone a device. Hmm...

And that was the end. So happy they didn't wussy out and the harem is actually happening. Sad as fock Tsubaki isn't in the harem. She too fine not to be in the harem.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 20, 2017 4:48 AM
Oct 2017
Rob said:
Kyun Kyun!
Yumina coming to his room. She coming for that kiss.
Yumina won't be mad if he has 10 or 20 wives? I so want to declare Yumina as best girl for that reason alone.
Dat kiss.
Oh shit. Linze was invisible.
Oh shit! He got 2 girls. AAAAAAH! Now get Yae and I will be a happy man (also want you to get Tsubaki).
They want goodnight kisses.
LMAO at Kohaku.
Elze bursts into his room.
Yae also.
The sakuga in Yae's face. So beautiful.
Touya likes them both as well.
You don't need to think about this. The only answer is Yes.
She got a USB that connects to his phone.
Holy shit! That's Regina? LAWD JESUS! FAPFAPFAPFAP!
She knows his name?
Regina pantsu! SUGOI!
Dat mech.
lol at Touya saying that's more than he can handle.
lol Is Kami watching Sue on tv?
Touya can visit Kami at any time? OP.
Sue wants to poke Touya.
Who is that?
The Kami of love.
Dat oppai. lol at Touya singing.
Dat oppai jiggle.
Dat changing flashback. So it was her doing. lol
lol at Kami singing.
Kohaku kawaii as fock sleeping.
Touya looking at his fap material on his phone.
The harem is happening! AAAAAAH!
Damn you Elze for ruining my chance to see Touya kiss Yae.
Charlotte.
Touya's going to have 9 wives? AAAAAAAAAH! Let's go! Please let Tsubaki be in it.
WTF! No Tsubaki? That's bullshit!
lol So now the guy in the OP appears. What was the point of putting him in the OP so 1 minute of screentime? lol Funny how he calls Touya's smartphone a device. Hmm...

And that was the end. So happy they didn't wussy out and the harem is actually happening. Sad as fock Tsubaki isn't in the harem. She too fine not to be in the harem.

I agree with you but still, I think touya is already overwhelmed with all the girls.
Oct 24, 2017 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
I can't believe the slew of new reviews coming in. First of all, not all Isekai anime will be like Re:Zero. And to an extent, there are so many Isekai anime now, and even the past when it wasn't popular. A perfect example would be Rayearth. So why is there so much hate?

For Isekai Smartphone. I don't know but I did find myself smiling or enjoying every episode. Here comes an MC that is so overpowered but he doesn't realize it. He's not arrogant and very accommodating. I'm actually surprised the anime is able to create scenarios that will make use of his "thinking" rather than just going all out in the beginning.
Oct 24, 2017 9:51 PM

Feb 2012
It horrifies me that a story with such lack of effort, on part of the plot, as well as the overall depths of each character, could find it's way to becoming an animated series.

Hopefully, this will be the final and last episode they animate for this series.

3/10. Most likely would not watch/read any sequel seasons.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Oct 26, 2017 9:39 AM
Oct 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it's over.

The story continues from here but geez, that was overall very average at best and nothing really stood out for me in this anime. From this finale, it seems the harem antics were still very evident. Looks like they added some scenes with "God" into this finale so I guess that was slightly different compared to some of the other episodes. Yumina also got her desired kiss she wanted with Touya.

Easily forgettable show. It felt like the anime was more of an advertisement of the novels.

When are there more episodes coming out in dub
Oct 28, 2017 5:34 AM

Dec 2012
I missed Madao, the "god" :D.
At least, it didn't end without a choice, Touya chose to marry the four girls and kissed two of them :0. Good job, man

He was not sure about marrying four women and he will finally have 9 wifes O.O. I don't think there will make a second season since they spoiled the complete harem.

This anime was fun to watch. Even if there were a lot of cliches, I laughed many times.
Oct 30, 2017 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
The cliche goddess fault why Mikhail senpai die poor Klanklan.
Oct 31, 2017 8:01 AM

Oct 2012
so does that last segment between the MC and that new char in the opening that didnt show up til then mean there will be a season 2 eventually?
Nov 1, 2017 4:25 AM

Sep 2013
Yumina...
TF when self-proclaimed main waifu builds harem for you...
Nov 2, 2017 3:20 PM

Nov 2016
It needs another season with more episodes because there was so big cliffhanger in the end. Btw 9 wifes ? it´s bigger harem than in DxD :D I think he won´t handle them all. btw2 this blonde girl in the left corner in "9 wifes pictures" definetely looks like Yumina´s older sister
hiraishinxNov 2, 2017 3:29 PM
Nov 9, 2017 12:54 AM

Jan 2014
So the cliche-storm ends. And that's what it was, really, a storm of never-ending cliches. A harem of girls, an over-powered main character, a generic fantasy setting, etc.

Episode 11 and 12 is essentially a bunch of one-dimensional, shallow female characters admitting their love for the protagonist because he uses the privileges he got from God to be nice to people. As if we hadn't seen that before. This show is boring and poorly written, I don't have any investment in it's characters and I hope it doesn't get a second season.
Nov 19, 2017 8:48 AM
Jul 2008
wonderwall said:
I can't believe the slew of new reviews coming in. First of all, not all Isekai anime will be like Re:Zero. And to an extent, there are so many Isekai anime now, and even the past when it wasn't popular. A perfect example would be Rayearth. So why is there so much hate?

For Isekai Smartphone. I don't know but I did find myself smiling or enjoying every episode. Here comes an MC that is so overpowered but he doesn't realize it. He's not arrogant and very accommodating. I'm actually surprised the anime is able to create scenarios that will make use of his "thinking" rather than just going all out in the beginning.

I also don't understand why there's so much hate and why they still watch it even they hate it so much. They even calling it ripoff from other anime.

The MC team is so overpowered that it's funny. Quite weird people like the overpowered one punch man but hate overpowered MC in this anime. His skills are really frightening, the last infinite slip program for example. He's got some sadist talent there.
One of the biggest flaw in the anime is the pacing, the pacing is extremely fast that make you think this is only 'preview' of the real story.
Nov 26, 2017 2:58 PM

Feb 2014
One of the only animes that I actually saw a harem end to it.

Really enjoyed.
Dec 18, 2017 5:15 AM

Jan 2016
Well, it's average. Very average.

Harem ending.... of course.

4.8/10
Dec 19, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2012
for ppl who complained about this season it was this season if they make Season 2 & he goes against Ende (https://myanimelist.net/character/154865/Ende) he is in serious trouble ppl who read Novel have said hes equal to MC if not bit stronger & hes appearance shows that in future he wont be so OP

Vi- said:
One of the only animes that I actually saw a harem end to it.

Really enjoyed.

this also has harem end https://myanimelist.net/anime/1133/Tenchi_Muyou_GXP even bit better one lol
Sugram22Dec 20, 2017 8:11 AM
Dec 21, 2017 7:04 AM

Apr 2012
I watched this a while ago and never actually rated it because I forgot about it almost immediately after watching it.

This is somewhere in the 4 to 5 range for me. It wasn't horrible but it was boring and forgettable. There are much better options out there if you want to see a harem or an overpowered MC.
Dec 30, 2017 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
Well, as expected this garbage Isekai would be a trainwreck.
I wish I can take back the time I used watching this shit.
Anyway I'm gonna rate it a 5 out of10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 15, 2018 6:56 PM

Nov 2012
well, for me its enjoyable to watch. quite average but still ok.
Jan 22, 2018 3:43 AM

Jan 2017
meh
i knew he was going for the harem route from the start because there was no actual main girl so.
anyway i hate how people compare this shit to that masterpiece konosuba i mean it isnt even worth comparing lol but i still watched it for the girls i mean why the hell not? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 23, 2018 1:33 AM

Dec 2017
I understand why this anime gets alot of hate, in contrast, i'm really enjoying this show because the concept was gold and perfectly rushed, which made me giggle' a bit

I consider this anime as a shitpost harem anime rather than an actual anime
I like harem
Jan 27, 2018 4:18 PM
Apr 2017
LOL
The ONLY thing I liked about this anime is those characters' bad singing during transitions. Priceless xD

The anime itself is pure trash, though. Why did I even begin watching it.
Feb 5, 2018 12:08 PM

Sep 2015
Easily one of the best shows of 2017, and probably one of the best fantasy shows I've seen in a long time.
I don't really know why there's so much hate for this series..
I mean, sure there's a ton of cliches, it's just another isekai story, the mc is stupidly op, the characters aren't that deep. BUT

but aren't all those really the points that really make this show shine?
It's a powerfantasy with a cliche harem but if you're gonna watch these kinds of shows, you shouldn't really expect anything major all the time. Well, this might be just me since I really love fantasy shows, OP main characters and silly harem romcoms. That's what I came looking for and that's exactly what I got. Plus it had a great ending with him actually agreeing on waifuing them all.
Feb 17, 2018 6:50 PM
Jun 2016
It's awesome for me
Feb 20, 2018 10:58 PM

Sep 2008
Garbage.

I was watching this anime to see a fantasy setting with an overpowered protagonist kicking ass. Instead it turned into a load of shit some time in the second half when I felt I was already too far in to drop it.
Mar 12, 2018 5:47 AM

Jan 2016
for me, it was a unique harem. the first anime that all girls eventually get married to the Main protagonist.

it was worth to watch.
8/10
Mar 13, 2018 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
Well I'll be damned: A harem anime that actually has a harem ending. That's pretty damn rare! Maybe the fantasy setting made it easier. And we didn't even get introduced to all 9 wives! Definitely a teaser for a season 2 that, judging by the reception I've read, has no chance in hell of happening. Oh well, for what it's worth I found this a rather comfy watch. I'm tempted to give it a generous 7 like I did Rail Wars! The only two reasons I don't think I will are: First, the girls just weren't as sexy in this, though I think that's more due to the different character design style really. And second, I don't want to give every little thing high scores. A bit of a shallow reason but maybe it fits for a bit of a shallow anime like this. That said, while this series had plenty of issues: extremely cliche, gary stu mc(although personally it's very rare that an overly powerful mc has ever bothered me. It didn't bother me in SAO and it didn't bother me here and uh....well those really were the big two huh? Any others were usually just offshoots of those but I digress.) I definitely enjoyed it. As I said it was a comfy watch, very easy. I think some people failed to realize this wasn't really taking itself very seriously, or aspiring to be something truly great, from the start. Or if they did a hell of a lot of them kept watching it just to complain. Which I guess I get, complaining can certainly be fun. But I mean the series literally starts with the mc casually taking with God. It never really took itself very seriously after that. The closest it got was that dragon fight in one of the middle episodes and even that didn't last more than half an episode. To that end this kinda felt like a calm, soothing slice-of-life series at times. Mixed with harem and other world fantasy game mechanic genres. I think Linze was my favorite of the main girls, though there were insanely sexy side-characters with big, beautiful tits that probably woulda won that contest had they actually been a part of the main harem. My favorite character overall though was probably Kohaku. He was insanely cute! XD That right there should probably tell you all you need to know about this one, and if it doesn't I dunno what to tell you. The only other thing I wanna mention is the smartphone gimmick. I saw alotta criticism over it not being featured prominently enough. I think I kinda agree, I mean it is in the title for crying out loud, but not enough to where I can say it ever genuinely bothered me. And that kinda sums up this little series perfectly. Fun, I would definitely check out a second season if we got one. Strong 6 out of 10.
Mar 14, 2018 6:56 PM
Jan 2018
I loved this anime and am sad to see it go. I'm still waiting for season 2 (if there is one). However, there is no character development or motivation/ambition. This aspect makes this series hard to re-watch, although it was great the first time . I hope they approve upon this aspect next season (if there is one). Those are my thoughts on this season
Mar 22, 2018 3:31 PM
Mar 2018
I have to say that for whatever reason it was a pretty enjoyable show. Of course it's no master piece but I don't care. It was fun to watch after all.
And to everyone who says stuff like "I'm glad it's over!": Why did you keep on watching (honest question)?
I also see no point in rating it. I mean it has its flaws but why should I give it a worse rating for that even though they didn't bother me at all?
Apr 3, 2018 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
I didn’t mind the ending, it was enjoyable and fun enough, and felt quite fast too in terms of from start to finish running-time wise
Apr 4, 2018 2:51 PM

May 2012
A shame it ended at this part, would personally loved to see what happened next and especially the part about Babylon! Sadly I doubt there won't be any second season for this, but well it was still a nice watch in general.
Aug 11, 2018 12:21 AM

Jun 2011
Mildly entertaining, would prefer some actual depth for the harem but meh, its got galls to actually pull off a harem ending, and that's all thanks to best girl Yumina, wouldn't even be a possibility without her initiating the idea.

Not as pretentious/"deep"/"mature" as Overlord but at least it knows how to deliver a pretty enjoyable story. Wish the series focus a little bit more on the world/plot/exploration akin to Death March Kara though instead of making the series a slice of life/CGDCT anime. Was also hoping Touya would have a bit more personality instead of being a beta cuck in front of his waifu like he owed them any explanation before they became his waifu for looking at other girls. (though that could've been what the author was going for, "being kind" as his personality)

Hopefully we get another season of this, it's not nice to end the series with a tease with Ende, but of course with less cliche perverted jokes.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 8, 2018 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
This anime gave me cancer

Dec 21, 2018 10:50 AM

Aug 2016
Avarage anime, I really hope there won't be a season 2, 1 season is enough.
Nanika ga Okashii
Feb 24, 2019 8:37 PM

Apr 2012
Man, what a p****, Kazuma was a better protagonist.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

110 by tengo1984 »»
Apr 26, 12:55 AM

» A question for the Light Novel readers regarding his identity

Cyanide86 - Mar 10

2 by Cyanide86 »»
Mar 10, 8:57 AM

» 10/10 from me.. who else? ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 26, 2023

65 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Mar 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2017

163 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2017

262 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.