Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 14, 2017 6:51 AM

Dec 2012
A good episode, I found the MC funny when he is flirting.
Yoshino is the bad girl, LOL! I did not think about it at all.
Jan 14, 2017 9:34 AM

Mar 2013
Agh can't stand lead characters for some reason.

I was spoiled about the series so Yoshino was not a surprise ~_~

Poor class rep tho :(
Jan 14, 2017 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
So many unexpected situations. Really nice episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 14, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2016
Yoshino went from the worst girl to the best (except for mom) in the same episode. I still don't know her motive but if it is the same as Masmune then I see it'll be easy liking her. Now if only she changed her uniform.
Jan 14, 2017 10:40 AM

May 2014
Yoshino revealed! I can't wait for Neko to appear.
So glad they kept the good quality from the first episode, unlike some other anime... Excellent :D

Erika___ said:

I think this smile can save a life, it saved mine. Aki-chaaaaaaaaaaan <3

Nice smile indeed but still, it's the "I'll f*ck your life so hard :)" kind of smile.
Jan 14, 2017 1:23 PM

Nov 2015
I don't know why I started watching this, since it's not similar to series I usually enjoy, but I started anyway. I guess I have an opinion a bit different from most people who are also watching, but I like Aki much more than Makabe. Makabe is, up to now, a total asshole and I love when his sister says it, I actually laugh a lot at his face because his reasonings are just dumb.

Aki is too cruel rejecting the guys but I just can't hate her for that. I actually like her, she's somewhat funny.

Even though I didn't like all that fanservice, I'm really interested about Yoshino now. I don't expect any great character development, I just hope things won't be TOO superficial here.

Well, I didn't read the manga, so I don't know what's going to happen, but I have a feeling I'm not gonna like this show at all, I mean, it's easy to imagine how this is going to end. Anyway, as long as I'm having fun, I'll keep watching.
Jan 14, 2017 1:36 PM

Feb 2016
HAH! Masamune you idiot! Second episode and you think she's going to put out that easy? Haven't you seen any anime, ever? For a manga reader, you're an idiot...

On a serious note, interested where this is going. I definitely want to keep watching because the main characters are gripping enough, albeit kind of shallow and unlikable.

It certainly delivers on humour, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it as simply harem, comedy, romance filler. There is always potential and given that I haven't read the source, I still see potential there.

I only feel a bit anxious about where the main arc is going since it's predicated upon his "revenge" or essentially the potential of a romance between Masamune and Aki. Whether he succeeds in his plan or really does fall for her, right now I don't see a future beyond that arc. The story is committed to this relationship and there is only so much you can squeeze out of it before it comes reductionist. How many games can they play with each other before the viewership get's tired and says: "Get to the point already!"

Jan 14, 2017 3:38 PM
Feb 2014
Class rep, it's okay, ganbaro! Q_Q
Jan 14, 2017 3:53 PM

Nov 2014
What Aki did to Masamune at the end didn't make me too mad. He deserved it for how he lied to Tae. Aki and Masamune are both a bit heartless.

Good show so far. Yoshino is best character.

5/5
Jan 14, 2017 4:18 PM
Dec 2014
To everyone who is worried that the series is gonna suck or gonna go downhill don't worry. As a manga reader I can say that the "potential" is realized and it's awesome.
Jan 14, 2017 6:54 PM

Aug 2015
Ok episode I guess. Felt bad for the class president there, also not a huge fan of the panties scene....
Jan 14, 2017 7:54 PM

Oct 2015
Class rep friendzoned, revenge is my priority.
Jan 14, 2017 10:17 PM

May 2015
This was a step up from the last episode. Some of the jokes were funny, so I guess that's a good thing. Though I kind of wish Makabe didn't get all nervous about asking a girl for her number. I get that that makes him more relatable to teenage boys watching this, but it annoyed me since it clashed with his overflowing with confidence persona. Whatever, this show certainly has potential to be somewhat enjoyable.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 14, 2017 11:10 PM
Mar 2012
ost still overdramatic hilarious. pig's foot trauma.
Yoshino planned her klutzy fall to get him in the loop (she glanced back to make sure he's there before falling). She's now a great spy, Cinderella turned violent maid & 2 face actor. Also seems to dislike Aki, tho her motives aren't clear yet, for working with Masamune. Maybe she just tired of the needy princess. Her 2nd fall in the storeroom seemed pointless tho.
intense kabedon
Like how scum both mcs are. Hope they both fall hard. His extreme shoujo antics lol.
Why not get email from best gril/trap first?
Rejecting classrep was the right choice. But if he's scum enough he could date others to make Aki jealous.
Aki plans every rejection too elaborately. Tho he should be thankful it wasn't public humiliation like the rest.
Jan 15, 2017 1:32 AM

Feb 2016
Eve778 said:
This was a step up from the last episode. Some of the jokes were funny, so I guess that's a good thing. Though I kind of wish Makabe didn't get all nervous about asking a girl for her number. I get that that makes him more relatable to teenage boys watching this, but it annoyed me since it clashed with his overflowing with confidence persona. Whatever, this show certainly has potential to be somewhat enjoyable.

Seems weird, right?

I think it's intentional. He has always been that weird awkward kid because of his weight. Except now, he has started working out and basically became the most attractive guy in school, at least, physically. But on the inside he's still the awkward fat kid. You can clearly see that he acts confident because he most likely picked it up from the manga he read, but he has really doesn't know what he doing. At one point he even reflects on how he can get away with much more because he's good looking, which clearly shows that it's a new experience for him.

That's one of his flaws. He acts confident, but he has an internal struggle with his past self and extreme anxiety about being seen as that fat kid again. This is shown in his breakdown when confronted with the "Pig's Foot" letter.

For me, I can see some sympathy there since he has worked hard to get what he wants, yet he still struggles a bit internally because he really is putting on an act. The question is, will he keep up his phoney act or be true to himself?

Jan 15, 2017 4:59 AM
May 2016
l'm expecting very good anime, this anime has a big potential, l hope it will be a good one.
Jan 15, 2017 5:37 AM

May 2009
Shuhan said:
Masamune sure is an asshole.

No he isn't. He has no obligation to date her.
Jan 15, 2017 6:02 AM
Dec 2014
Eve778 said:

It's not weird at all and I don't think they did it just to make him relatable to others. Everyone has insecurities even the most hottest guy/girl in the world.

Of course when you are showered with praises it will boost your confidence. However, there is that one person who you view as special above the rest and if that person looks down or has rejected you in the past you will always think that you are not good enough even if everybody else thinks you're hot.
Jan 15, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2012
bastek66 said:
Shuhan said:

Obviously he has no obligation, the fact that he fed his ego through the encounter makes him an asshole.
Jan 15, 2017 11:00 AM
Dec 2016
I would love to see Masamune fall in love with Yoshino and they end up together at the end
Jan 15, 2017 11:03 AM

May 2009
Williamu32 said:
I would love to see Masamune fall in love with Yoshino and they end up together at the end

Not going to happen. She is lucky he doesn't hate her.
Jan 15, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Shuhan said:

He doesn't but his whole revenge scheme is him being quite the petty asshole.
Jan 15, 2017 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode. Liked the first one better, but I think that with Yoshino we are going to see some more fun and comedy.

Fanservice made it also back! ;)
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jan 15, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
Hm, didn't expect that Yoshino would've known about this all the way from the beginning, but I DID expect her to offer to help Makabe with his plan. She must be annoyed at having to spend all the time serving Aki right? Also, her seiyuu voiced Swim from MGRP last season, no wonder it was so familiar! Ah I felt bad for Futaba who asked him and got rejected, TBH I thought he would "practice" on her and try to make Aki jealous lol. He certainly got trolled and rejected at the end XD At least there wasn't a public humiliation yet :P I guess at least he got Yoshino's contact information out of it, and I'm guessing the scheming will continue next episode ... honestly I didn't expect myself to like this show much but it's actually pretty hilarious XD
Jan 15, 2017 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
That plot twist was pretty good with Yoshino and I thought it was hilarious that he suddenly remembers her in the picture...even though she was in the background.

Really liking the dynamic between Aki and Masamune. I thought it was awesome that Aki made Masamune go through all that trouble just to get declined. That gave me a more sinister idea to carry out on someone.

Now it looks like Masamune and Yoshino might team up. Yoshino is great though and I enjoy her a lot. She went from Cinderella to the Punisher...that girl is kinda crazy.

4/5- A very fun follow up to the 1st episode and a lot of interesting developments occurred which makes it a little harder to predict where this is going like I originally thought it was. I still think I know where this show is going to end up but it might be a lot tougher to get there now.

Jan 15, 2017 9:30 PM
Jan 2016
The 3 main characters in this show are so unlikable, dropped. I might've been interested if the "revenge" actually played out but from the OP it's too obvious what's going to happen.
Jan 16, 2017 11:21 AM

Apr 2016
SZAList said:
It's a great episode!! Sadly they did not adapt the 3..2..1.. scene like in the manga which i thought were hilarious :D

I know!! I was waiting for that to happen too :(
2D > 3D
Jan 16, 2017 1:48 PM

Feb 2015
Now we know Yoshino's true intentions, entertaining episode, I don't know, sometimes it seems that Masamune has a lot of selfconfidence and sometimes he doesn't, he still needs to work in himself.
Jan 16, 2017 5:10 PM
Apr 2015
Actually i dont dislike this show, but the characters piss me off so much. First the main character, Masamune, who rejects a girl she could have a relationship because of his stupid revenge. I read the manga and im only watching the anime cuz i love Neko, and im waiting an specific scene that is too much cute. Second, Adagaki Aki, the typical moody character, i hate this type of people in the reality and in the anime isnt different, she treats all the boys as shit just cuz she had a bad experience in the past (well bad, just a thing that can happen, i remember friends that went out from my life without even saing goodbye and i dont have a trauma because of that). I know its just an anime but i had to say. Other bad point is that the plot is veryyy predictable, he will try to revenge, will fall in love with her and forget about it. I really hope that it isnt like that. I will continue the anime for my bae NEKOOOOOO
Jan 16, 2017 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't even feel bad for the fucker, he got overconfident and fell for a rather obvious trap, bastard got rekt. But Koiwai, huh. I was expecting the note author to remain a mistery for a while, but nevermind, there we have it. And she wants to help, which is... curious.
Jan 16, 2017 8:36 PM

Feb 2009
such a generic and fun anime, with a not so generic MC. I like it!

Jan 17, 2017 4:27 AM
Jan 2017
Aki has a shitty personality even masamune said it hahaha
Jan 17, 2017 12:13 PM
Dec 2016
I frinkin' love Yoshino Koiwai !!! She will make me love Yandere !!
Jan 17, 2017 6:35 PM
Apr 2013
Masamune stupidly rejected the class rep just so that he himself could be rejected himself. He should have given up on the whole revenge thing when he had the chance.
Well... maybe he'll end up dating Yoshino...

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Jan 18, 2017 1:08 AM

Jun 2007
Ketchup901 said:
Poor class rep, that's unnecessarily cruel :(
If his main goal is to get revenge on Adagaki, why can't he just have a secondary goal which is getting an actual girlfriend?

I'll only be satisfied with this anime if either
1) Masamune disses Adagaki hard and gets a girlfriend
2) Adagaki has a major change in personality, cause she's a bitch.

Plot twist: she dies at the end due to her hyper metabolism.
Jan 18, 2017 9:24 AM
Mar 2011
I can already tell this is one of those things that'll really piss me off. Aki is without a doubt a pretty shitty person; publicly humiliating people for saying "Hey, I think you're pretty" and being an obnoxious ungrateful asshole to red-head servant girl.

And yet of course this show is going to make it out like it was all okay, she just has some insecurities and personal issues or whatever. No matter what her problems are, what she's already done is pretty reprehensible but people are still going to say "OMG I love her she's just so cute!!".
Jan 18, 2017 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
Nobody mentioned the BL sandwich so far!

Jan 18, 2017 3:38 PM

Dec 2010
Still not loving it. Not terrible, but not amazing.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 19, 2017 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
Adagaki's really a bitch, I give her that. But rofl on that 'I refuse' moment.

Koiwai being clumsy yet deadly.
Jan 19, 2017 5:41 AM
Dec 2014
kowalski_1123 said:
Adagaki's really a bitch, I give her that. But rofl on that 'I refuse' moment.

Koiwai being clumsy yet deadly.

I'm sure that her being "clumsy" is all an act. I mean did you see how she moves in her serious mode? No wasted movement at all lol.
Jan 19, 2017 4:07 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ezzoubair said:
Good episode hh
I want Really kill this girl X(

She is such a cute girl!!

Cant wait for that date next episode, cosplay~~
Jan 21, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2016
That rejection was just so hard I kinda pity him.

Set by SenpieX
Jan 21, 2017 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Yoshino is so cute and evil at the same time

Adagaki's "I Refuse" made me lol
Jan 22, 2017 10:28 AM

Oct 2015
why didn't he look outside the window to begin with?...
Jan 22, 2017 4:34 PM

Oct 2008
I'm a bit confused by the behaviour of Yoshino...since she just gave her own number to Masamune instead of the number of Adagaki.
Yishino is like a spy, despite that absent minded clumsy behavior, she's actually a bit edgy/evil!
I still can't believe that the best friend of Masamune is the girl spoken VA Hayami Saori! lol!
Masamune though everything is going well but it's not!
4/5.

Jan 24, 2017 8:54 AM

Mar 2015
I really like Yoshino's twisted Cinderella personality. And that Adagaki is annoying. I'm thinking that Yoshino is trying to trip him up so that he would tell her his real plan. I mean no one would be so clumsy to fall down twice and showed her underwear, she must've been trying to lower MC's guard.

Jan 27, 2017 5:52 AM

Jun 2016
Aki declines, Aki is a real troll XD
Jan 28, 2017 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
Oh a scavenger hunt... "I decline"
Dude, you got off easy.
Jan 28, 2017 6:20 PM
Jan 2017
The Ending though of the lastest episode!!!!!! QQ ;';!!!!!! dang it!!!
Looking for anime to watch? Check out my list its HUGE and growing daily!!! Hope i can help you find some good anime
Jan 31, 2017 12:34 AM

Mar 2014
damn i was hoping class rep was gonna become an important character but now i feel like we aren't gonna see her much from now on
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2017

408 by Treyv0n »»
Yesterday, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.