Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 10, 2016 6:04 AM

Jul 2011
GenesisAria said:
I like that "showing of japanese military power."
They should be glad they don't have to see the USA... or say back in WW2 era, Britain, Nazi, USSR... Even modern day Russia, China... And be fortunate to not face a nuke or orbital bombardments... They could 1-shot that dragon if they brought some big gnarly howitzer or a railgun in lol. Though if they wanted to go for the most style, it'd be A-10's and/or AC-130.

Nice to see this show back on air, though i didn't expect to see a rape scene.
Yes, more Rory.

Jan 10, 2016 6:34 AM

Sep 2010
beastality... and rape... and whores...
Jan 10, 2016 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
Episode not boring, given the good of many events, but certain contexts clash with the atmosphere of the narrative of a different thickness, narrative it picks up where it ended the first part of the anime, so there are many problems in the latch on history. The drawings and the animations are good, but some dips should not happen, because in the end the animation studio does not make a good impression, oh well!Now produce a thousand thousand anime each season, it has become a routine. ^^ "
The characters grow in number, the main plot is only hinted at, oh well!
Jan 10, 2016 7:50 AM

Mar 2015
That bunny rape was very unexpected... and I was watching with my big sister... awkward lol.

The lack of Rory screen time disturbs me. Despite being main characters, the 3 of them only did cameo role this episode like Gate episode 1.

I hope it goes well and we might get a season 3 ^^ the sales on season 1 is not that awful. 5k-6k is quite well for BD sales.

I like the ending animation here than the last season. It was funnier not to mention cuter with every Rory scenes. Like at the end where Rory make weird faces lol. Best girl <3

Jan 10, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
Eh, the animators right now are in "damned if you do, damned if you dont" situation.

If they become more dark people will bitch about how dark it is, be disturbed or just simply not like the dark aspects.

If they become more light people will bitch about it being not serious, not worth to watch.

Also a message for the manga readers. The animators CANNOT include everything from the mangas. These are two dcompletely different mediums with completely different wealth of content. They just cannot put everything in 12 episodes.

And again, instead of bitching about an anime just go back to reading the manga, its that simple.

As a peson who didnt read the original material i like gate very much, i find everything fitting. I find the anime serious enough but also light enough at the same time to not become one of the two extremes.
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.
Jan 10, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
Loved it. Can't wait for what's in store.
Jan 10, 2016 12:32 PM

Mar 2015
ahhh. ignorance is bliss. soo many anime only viewer post are soo funny for me .make me remeber the first time read them. ahh, if you read manga/LN after anime, you will be shocked.

anyways, solid begin. other than some derpy moment animation and some stuff skipped, i don't complain much. and prince character design is soo young here. i prefer manga one. more look evil. didn't know the LN one.

7/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 10, 2016 12:39 PM

May 2009
That rape scene is nothing compared to stuff that has yet to happen.
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Jan 10, 2016 2:25 PM
Jul 2015
I'm curious about the bunny girl, how is she gonna interact with Itami if she meets him... A Good programm I suppose.
Jan 10, 2016 5:55 PM

Sep 2014
Seeing barbarians getting rect by a modern guns is still entertaining as fuck :D, I hope we will see at least one nuclear explosion before the series end.
Jan 10, 2016 7:33 PM
Jan 2016
Without having read any source material, I've come up with a theory about why the rape scene was included. In most anime(s), when a dragon is destroying a village or people are getting killed or violated, then it's a setup for a hero to rescue them. Itami is obviously being charged with this task, much like Hercules was charged by Zeus to his tasks to become a hero. In Itami's case, he has to kill a dragon and rescue a damsel in distress. Either way, whether by creator choice or not, it boosted google searches rankings worldwide... The publicity imho was not needed or maybe it was?... Only the marketing department knows...

EDIT: I noticed some are getting their bunny girls wrong, the one that was violated was "Warrior Bunny Queen." Not the ones that work in a tavern or the one that works as a maid.
PetrolJan 12, 2016 1:05 PM
Jan 10, 2016 7:58 PM

Dec 2015
Kuma said:
ahhh. ignorance is bliss. soo many anime only viewer post are soo funny for me .make me remeber the first time read them. ahh, if you read manga/LN after anime, you will be shocked.

anyways, solid begin. other than some derpy moment animation and some stuff skipped, i don't complain much. and prince character design is soo young here. i prefer manga one. more look evil. didn't know the LN one.

7/10

Thanks, I will have a look at the manga.
Jan 10, 2016 11:11 PM

Aug 2014
People that think cliffhanger's are bad writing. >>smh
Only when it's the last episode of the series and has no resolution in the follow up.

Anyway, glad this is back, the pacing is fast, but it's not a problem really, just as intriguing as the first half already.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jan 11, 2016 12:41 AM
Jan 2014
zorzal got a huge make-over eh. also the prostitutes became well dressed. haha.. let see how will they show us the next episode. pretty intriguing for the sake of censorship. Maybe they will rush this part up to 3eps but surely it was one of the best part of the manga so i hope they will not rush it that fast.
julan10Jan 11, 2016 12:46 AM
Jan 11, 2016 1:41 AM

Nov 2009
RinFTW said:
I laughed my ass off when i saw the report about the "STD". i guess not even "Angel-san" worth risking it. at least the prostitutes are happy with pregnancy prevention pills.

That report must have been quite harsh, given that no soldiers were willing to risk it.
Or they've specially selected soldiers who won't do it for the post.
Jan 11, 2016 2:07 AM

Nov 2009
kataklism said:
bobzanny said:
Sugawara making the loli his top priority, he knows what's up.

i think you're mixing up what rory is for a what the child was.

rory is a loli.
the vip daughter is a child.

unless you mean that sugawara is trying to take the place of itami, then you should check the meaning of your words.

That's an unusual definition of loli you're using. Usually that daughter is considered a loli, and Rory is just permanently teenage.
Jan 11, 2016 5:19 AM

Jul 2015
that was hot, I also love seeing some medieval kids get absolutely realsed by modern warfare.
Jan 11, 2016 5:59 AM

Jul 2011
flannan said:
kataklism said:

i think you're mixing up what rory is for a what the child was.

rory is a loli.
the vip daughter is a child.

unless you mean that sugawara is trying to take the place of itami, then you should check the meaning of your words.

That's an unusual definition of loli you're using. Usually that daughter is considered a loli, and Rory is just permanently teenage.

it's simple, just think: what's the point of saying "loli" if you can say "child"? simple, because loli means a character with a childish body(rory, blanc from hdn, a lot of characters from disgaea and lucky star,etc...) that have passsed puberty, and not "child".
Jan 11, 2016 6:35 AM

Nov 2009
kataklism said:
flannan said:

it's simple, just think: what's the point of saying "loli" if you can say "child"? simple, because loli means a character with a childish body(rory, blanc from hdn, a lot of characters from disgaea and lucky star,etc...) that have passsed puberty, and not "child".

Because "loli" is a lot shorter than "female child character that is drawn in an attractive way and might get involved in romantic plots". Thus, Hanamaru Youchien's MC is not a loli, while Kodomo no Jikan's MC is a loli. (they are quite similar, but Hanamaru's MC doesn't have a chance)
Jan 11, 2016 11:41 AM
Sep 2013
Omg spanking scene, such rape, very seinen, wow
Jan 11, 2016 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Wtf was that at the beginning? I was wondering who that bunny girl in the OP was but damn. The rest of the episode was really good, I'm looking forward to this cour.
Jan 11, 2016 8:01 PM

Oct 2013
I have read the manga, and thought they might screw up after S1 since there is a lot of violence starting at this ark.

quite surprised to get the sudden bunny rape scene animated tho xD
Jan 11, 2016 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
Even though it was censored, the rape scene was still a bit intense.

A little ridiculous that they decided to show that scene, yet fucked over so many other hardcore scenes in the first cour (cough cough, Rory killing the bandits). Seriously...why couldn't they do that for all of the scenes that they cut? I'd rather have a toned down version than none a all.

They even included the scene with the whore buying condoms and the STD report on the table.

More Kishida Kyoudan is always a plus.

This cour is already shaping up to be better than the first half.
Jan 11, 2016 10:27 PM

Nov 2009
Snakeox said:
Omg spanking scene, such rape, very seinen, wow

Is that sarcasm?
By the way, that scene made me think "I've already seen this hentai somewhere. Dozens of times.". So it was easy for my imagination to fill in stuff and make the scene worse.
Jan 12, 2016 12:36 AM
Oct 2015
kataklism said:
Dude, get yourself a copy of Lolita, a novel by a Russian author, Vladimir Nabokov. That's the very literary work that gave birth to the famous term, Lolita Complex. The people of Japan shortened that term into lolicon.
Jan 12, 2016 1:33 AM

Oct 2008
it's nice to be back on track for this S2!
Kishida Kyoudan OP2 is better than OP1!
Dark elf still needs the help of Itami
Brother of Pina co Lada had take-out the food from JSDF.
There is also a treaty of STD of the other world.
Earthquake strikes the Capital!
5/5.
matias067Jan 12, 2016 1:37 AM

Jan 12, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
gonk, damn i am late...yeehaa it's now begun again. Finally.

*EDIT*
Opening is Good. don't know if 1st or this was better tough.

Bastard Prince has Arrived...Zorzal...One of the most hated Characters in this universe....true arrogant War Monger. Truly, Truly Hate this Guy...on top of that..he is utter Moron in politics.

But Tyuule...This Warrior Bunny Chief..is not any Better, Total Bitch. and traitor to her kind. Both of them are the most hated characters.

Ah, Sherry has arrived huh...Poor Suguwara...misunderstandings is future will be hilarious.

ah, basic tactics on Politics...even if I don't know nothing of them, on other hands show the Good side and gains the Empire will get from Peace, but in other Hands show them Might of the Modern weapons and fate of the Empire's soldiers if they fight against them.

"Does not look good"...still took 2 basket per rider with 4 meat each. And Pinã reaction to that amount of money because of misunderstanding was hilarious. Very nice start.

XD speak as you like Molt...it will be you how will bow down in the end...especially when you personally see their Might

ah sex education and sexual diseases treatment in slums, begin. and Now Earth Quake comes...beast people sense it first it seems.

Nice ending...ROry, Leilei and Tuka in Military Uniforms!! X3 Lol..looks like Kurebayashi has stopped wearing those weast that hide hers Chest..hey that Trims.
JarjaxleJan 15, 2016 8:51 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 12, 2016 11:49 AM
Jun 2013
loneXolf said:
Rated a 3 out of 5

Explaining why in a few points.
1- I tend to dislike the type of antagonist written to make you hate them (Animal Human hybrid "toy" and his Barbaric nature). But he didn't get to much screen time so maybe it's to early to judge.
2- Also not a huge fan of rape scenes even if it was pretty mild for a "rape" sence.
3- Where is Rory?
4- Kind of lacking for a first episode of a season at least for me, however not a huge deal since the last season was in summer.

Yeah this pretty much. One of the reasons i disliked Sword art online so much was because the Alfheim arc introduced the rapey-forced-marriage-antagonist (besides the usual points why it wasn't so good). I have never been a huge fan of rape-scenes and i preferred the anime over the manga because i was hoping to avoid stuff like this D:
Schmecks and prostitution and bdsm are okay as long as it is willingly and i have no problem with gore whatsoever but slaves and forced-stuff always crossed the line for me.

About the "first episode stuff". Yeah it kind of felt weirdly paced together and rushed. Typical "here are the bad guys and here are the good guys. Look how good the good guys are and how bad the bad guys are." Plus if they want to stay true to the manga showing a rape-scene seems okay, while leaving out way more stuff that could have made the episode interesting? Judging by the other comments it is a major plot point but if it is not i'm really gonna get salty.

Oh! And once again- fucked up body proportions.
Jan 12, 2016 12:02 PM

May 2011
Wiskyy said:
I'm curious about the bunny girl, how is she gonna interact with Itami if she meets him... A Good programm I suppose.

umm..... I'll just say this. I won't spoil it, but it'll surprise you.
Jan 12, 2016 2:35 PM

Nov 2013
poor bunny girl.;_;
Jan 13, 2016 6:06 AM

Jun 2012
Ah they are having a hard time censoring, hope they drop the censors and cut scenes all together.
Jan 13, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2015
Good Episode. I think I like this season more than the first one.
And about the rap scene, the shity prince is really cruel, I feel bad for the usagimimi.
Jan 13, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
I'm just smiling at the Fsn references .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 14, 2016 6:10 AM

Mar 2014
Gate is back and still awesome as ever !!
Jan 14, 2016 6:15 AM

Nov 2012
GenesisAria said:
I like that "showing of japanese military power."
They should be glad they don't have to see the USA... or say back in WW2 era, Britain, Nazi, USSR... Even modern day Russia, China... And be fortunate to not face a nuke or orbital bombardments... They could 1-shot that dragon if they brought some big gnarly howitzer or a railgun in lol. Though if they wanted to go for the most style, it'd be A-10's and/or AC-130.

Nice to see this show back on air, though i didn't expect to see a rape scene.
Yes, more Rory.

ahh yes, the german blitzkrieg unleashed on this fantasy world
I can see it now, stuka dive bombers delivering ordnance from above (jericho trumpet wailing on the dive), with panzers and halftracks tearing through the weak Empire faster than they did to France.

also wasn't expecting the opening scene, hope the prick dies soon

Jan 14, 2016 4:37 PM

Jun 2012
Why would you do that to a bunny?

;-;
Jan 14, 2016 9:45 PM

Aug 2009
Great to see that this series such a "progressive" prince. The PC crowd should be pleased. Don't think I'm gonna be watching past this though, the amount of too many lolis and weird shit.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 15, 2016 6:20 AM

Jan 2014
So is the LN translated by fans or is there only the Manga?
"It's not about the underwear, but what lies beyond it, beyond the reach of man, and carries the dreams of all men"
-Hyoudou Issei
Jan 15, 2016 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
oogoediamond said:
poor bunny girl.;_;

Shuhan said:
Why would you do that to a bunny?

;-;

DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR TYUULE!!!!! You Don't Know WHAT SHE HAS DONE!!! and whats she will do
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 15, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
Pretty good start to the season, the prince seems quite funny for the time. Hoping we get to see more of that guy!
Jan 15, 2016 6:08 PM

Feb 2013
Check out these mortars...
Peace, we want peace!

Not much Rory...
Jan 15, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2008
Nice first episode, right into the plot unlike the slow first episode of season 1 :D Looks like a happy ending would be killing the princess's brother and father one way or another.
Jan 15, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
The beginning though...I wasn't expecting such a tone. It cannot be ignored. That prince needs to die.
Jan 15, 2016 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
Is the ending sang by the three main girls? Nice touch.

Didn't expect a rape scene since this struck me as a not too serious show. Guess I was wrong. Good start to the series, could have been a bit better, but they did pick up immediately where S1 ended which is why it felt like a normal episode. Still enjoyed it.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 16, 2016 4:11 AM
Mar 2012
OP visuals packed with hype, very nice. ED trio cute, Rory faces.
S1 so heavily censored, surprised this starts more serious issues like prostitution & class difference.
So many names mentioned in the party, totally confused all the country/district alliances. Seems 2 senators secretly came to get in peace talks, and can't be known to the capital. But the king doesn't care about negotiations, yet doesn't want to lose?
Dark elf has some plan, but talking to birdbrain hardly works lol.
Nice still recall Itami's "anti-Emyia" quote. Really can't save everyone even if you want to.
Jan 16, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
Don't what the hell you guys was watching. I got stuck with some Tabi pomodowhateverthefuckthisis. I don't give a s**t about some pomodoro. I want Rory!
ChotgoriinJan 16, 2016 4:11 PM

Stop. Calm yourself. You're an idiot.
Jan 17, 2016 12:58 AM

Dec 2012
Loved the new OP
I can't say i missed this too much, but i'm glad it's back.
Poor Itami, looking like some Hebrew lmao
I did not expect to see this kind of scene at Gate O_O wow, can they even show this on tv? thumbs up w/ that though, it makes it look for real.
Jan 17, 2016 6:51 AM

Jul 2011
TKotarou said:
Loved the new OP
I can't say i missed this too much, but i'm glad it's back.
Poor Itami, looking like some Hebrew lmao
I did not expect to see this kind of scene at Gate O_O wow, can they even show this on tv? thumbs up w/ that though, it makes it look for real.

they can't, that's why they heavily censored a lot of things, this scene too.
Jan 17, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
Finally GATE is back.. been waiting for so long.
Jan 18, 2016 5:42 AM

Nov 2009
Ibuki_doji said:
Don't what the hell you guys was watching. I got stuck with some Tabi pomodowhateverthefuckthisis. I don't give a s**t about some pomodoro. I want Rory!

That was somebody's practical joke. They put out a proper episode later.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

57 by DaThorAkilia »»
May 22, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.