Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 24, 2015 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
The CG normally doesn't really distract me, but the Death Knight this time was particularly... really.... out of place. But wow, this is getting really damn interesting! It's nice to know that they're actually not the only ones in that world or something. AND YESSSS FOR UNCENSORED!!!!

albedo was pretty useless though even though she took time wearing that armor or something, i mean not really but if she did something it wasnt even shown?? :<

Lord Touch Me though lmfao.
BearJul 24, 2015 2:00 AM

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jul 24, 2015 1:43 AM

Jan 2015
Looks like that this will get better better
Jul 24, 2015 3:46 AM

Jul 2012
Bear said:
The CG normally doesn't really distract me, but the Death Knight this time was particularly... really.... out of place. But wow, this is getting really damn interesting! It's nice to know that they're actually not the only ones in that world or something. AND YESSSS FOR UNCENSORED!!!!

albedo was pretty useless though even though she took time wearing that armor or something, i mean not really but if she did something it wasnt even shown?? :<

Ainz brought Albedo along because he wasn't sure how powerful their enemies (the knights) were. He's quite careful (sometimes to the point of being a bit paranoid) and wanted to secure as much advantages as he can by bringing along a "tank" (Albedo has the highest defense and the largest repertoire of defensive skills among all the servants) since he wasn't sure if revival was actually possible if (and that's a big if) he ever encounters someone/something truly powerful.

Luckily, the knights were small fries so he apologized to Albedo for unnecessarily making her accompany him.

LN reader here and those things I wrote come from the novel. There's no way to cram the info dump without the adaptation being silly so it's understandable that Madhouse omitted those little details.
swordstriker21Jul 24, 2015 3:51 AM
Jul 24, 2015 4:00 AM

Jul 2011
Bear said:

i guess that's because they are trying to adapt from both the novel and the manga, in the manga iirc, there isn't the scene with the death knight, and in general there nearly is no gore.
Jul 24, 2015 4:23 AM

Feb 2012
swordstriker21 said:
Bear said:

Ainz brought Albedo along because he wasn't sure how powerful their enemies (the knights) were. He's quite careful (sometimes to the point of being a bit paranoid) and wanted to secure as much advantages as he can by bringing along a "tank" (Albedo has the highest defense and the largest repertoire of defensive skills among all the servants) since he wasn't sure if revival was actually possible if (and that's a big if) he ever encounters someone/something truly powerful.

Luckily, the knights were small fries so he apologized to Albedo for unnecessarily making her accompany him.

LN reader here and those things I wrote come from the novel. There's no way to cram the info dump without the adaptation being silly so it's understandable that Madhouse omitted those little details.

Oh, thank you for that information! It's really nice to have someone who read the LN explain some stuff when it gets quite confusing there's someone in Rokka threads as well They could've actually explained that part quite discreetly but it's all good anyway. Again, thanks!

@katak; eh no gore??? that sux, well thankfully there's uncensored gore here. it made stuff interesting.

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jul 24, 2015 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
KuroYaksha said:
Wow. Something actually happened in this episode and not just pointless talking.
OK episode.

Still not a big fan of this world. I have no idea how it works.. it's just a bunch of name drops and info dumps. Is there even any real depth to this world?

Seriously, give us proper world building like in Magi or Nanatsu no Taizai

Read the novels then.
Jul 24, 2015 11:23 AM

Mar 2009
Wow. That was a great episode. This show is really coming into its own.

You know, I thought Overlord was going to be one of those throwaway Madhouse productions at first. So glad I was wrong. Not only is this a good series, it's also showing that it can stand with all the other "YOU'RE IN THE GAME" type of anime, and is managing to be its own thing. It feels fresh, despite how oversaturated the market is with all these virtual reality anime nowadays. Surprise of the season, IMO.

The intro caught me off guard, btw. I almost thought I was watching GATE at first. I had to double check. lol
Jul 24, 2015 2:44 PM

Jun 2013
Slaughter Starts..XD Bastards deserve it...and looks like he is going to follow the Example of the comrade that saved him at the start of the Yggdrasil.

Still, he is not feeling anything at all huh...he has become True Undead it seems.

well, looks like he has taken his Guild Name...well he was only one that Stayed behind in the end...so he has every right to wear that name. Lol, tough even if he saved them they were uneasy..well if Skeleton tries to give you something like that, you sure as hell don't try drink it immediately! XD

....DAAaaaaaammmmnnnn....O__O This just more Brutal series...Damn rare are these kinds of fighting scenes....they are usually very much Censored...I enjoyed the Slaughter.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 24, 2015 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
Jarjaxle said:
Slaughter Starts..XD Bastards deserve it...and looks like he is going to follow the Example of the comrade that saved him at the start of the Yggdrasil.

Still, he is not feeling anything at all huh...he has become True Undead it seems.

well, looks like he has taken his Guild Name...well he was only one that Stayed behind in the end...so he has every right to wear that name. Lol, tough even if he saved them they were uneasy..well if Skeleton tries to give you something like that, you sure as hell don't try drink it immediately! XD

....DAAaaaaaammmmnnnn....O__O This just more Brutal series...Damn rare are these kinds of fighting scenes....they are usually very much Censored...I enjoyed the Slaughter.

There will be many more brutal scenes
Jul 24, 2015 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
A lot of different factions. I'm still unsure about Momonga's goals but he seems to want to build a name for himself around Nazarick.
It's so funny to watch a creepy skeleton helping people so kindly. xD
Jul 25, 2015 12:02 AM

Sep 2014
I love the brutality. This makes things so much more enjoyable. There may have been some frame rate issues in the first episode, but this time around they nailed it with all the violence. Awesome stuff.
Jul 25, 2015 12:07 AM

Apr 2008
FlamepriesT said:
I love the brutality. This makes things so much more enjoyable. There may have been some frame rate issues in the first episode, but this time around they nailed it with all the violence. Awesome stuff.

The frame rate issues weren't in the RAWS.
Jul 25, 2015 12:12 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
FlamepriesT said:

Really? Thanks for letting me know, that's pretty good news. The first episode had some really choppy scenes, but if the raws were good then hopefully they'll be a little more carefully now. I didn't notice any glaring issues like that in episodes 2 and 3.
Jul 25, 2015 12:17 AM

Apr 2008
FlamepriesT said:
Darklight0303 said:

Really? Thanks for letting me know, that's pretty good news. The first episode had some really choppy scenes, but if the raws were good then hopefully they'll be a little more carefully now. I didn't notice any glaring issues like that in episodes 2 and 3.

Yeah it was only an issue with the funimation version
Jul 25, 2015 6:54 AM

May 2013
Wow, this anime is like crippled child of Mahouka and Log Horizon.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 25, 2015 7:39 AM

Dec 2010
...this anime just keep on getting deeper and deeper

...looks like he's slowly turning to bad guy
Jul 25, 2015 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
Haha I burst out laughing at lord touch me! XD
Jul 25, 2015 4:53 PM

Feb 2013
He just went out there and killed people... at least he seems to be aware of himself not feeling anything about it... though he doesn't seem to care too much.
Jul 25, 2015 5:00 PM

Apr 2008
BurntJelly said:
He just went out there and killed people... at least he seems to be aware of himself not feeling anything about it... though he doesn't seem to care too much.

He is a lich after all
Jul 25, 2015 5:11 PM

Aug 2014
Holy shit, now this was fun. I hated the CGI though, it really distracted me. And that Engrish was cringe-worthy as fuck. Overall, pretty enjoyable episode. 4/5
Jul 26, 2015 4:30 PM

Mar 2013
omg, this episode much better then i expected. Once again Madhouse did great job.
Jul 26, 2015 5:09 PM

May 2015
Finally action is here, and it was sure full of blood. That Dark Knight was merciless. Definitely enjoyed the episode. Looking forward to the next one!

Jul 27, 2015 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
I don't know why but I feel a bit sad when I watch this show. It just seems so sad having a guild like that that you created with your friends and shit but in the end everyone left for unknown reasons. i wouldn't even log in at that point, the memories would be too painful.
Jul 27, 2015 4:00 AM

Apr 2008
KuraiTomu said:
I don't know why but I feel a bit sad when I watch this show. It just seems so sad having a guild like that that you created with your friends and shit but in the end everyone left for unknown reasons. i wouldn't even log in at that point, the memories would be too painful.

Well they didn't leave for unknown reasons they just chose their real life and jobs. He said as much in that monologue in episode 1. It's still sad and it's gonna keep coming up in subtle ways.
Jul 27, 2015 7:46 AM

Jun 2008
Holy fuck this was awesome. And not because we got battles and seeing the outside world but because the main really stepped up his game and is becoming amazing.
This has now become the best anime from the ones i checked this season.
The way he asked for a reward as to not alert the villagers, and to how he prioritize information as to get a picture of the world around and even on how he was analyzing Albedo's view of humans and his own changes.
It kind of reminded me Shiroe from Log Horizon a little.

Can't wait for the next episode and future developments.
Jul 27, 2015 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
As I learn more Japanese I realize more and more how bad Crunchy Roll is at translating sometimes *sigh*.

Love the show it's a good adaptation so far though.
Jul 27, 2015 8:58 PM

Dec 2012
Now that's an interesting episode. Finally! I especially liked the inner monologue of the protagonist, which added so much characterization & depth to every decision. I knew from the the very first episode that the inner monologue would be the highlight. What I am worried about this anime show is how far will they explain every single thing? Like the magic spells the protagonist used when he fought the earlier knights, every spell was explained so much(the tier & how they work in exposition). Was that necessary? I hope this is not going to be another Mahouka, which trying to explain every detail of everything exists, even when it's unnecessary.
I like anime.
Jul 28, 2015 6:13 AM
Jul 2015
Hanfos said:
FINALY!

That was an awesome ep (but i dont like this mask :c)
..me to....
Jul 28, 2015 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmm, is this why people say trust in Madhouse? I was initially giving this the 3 episode rule, but this episode sold it to me.
Jul 29, 2015 8:07 PM

Sep 2013
Found this on the series' twitter, so I guess it's legit :)
The concept art for the death knight.

ichii_1Jul 29, 2015 8:20 PM
Aug 2, 2015 7:54 AM

Sep 2013
I forgot how powerful resurrection actually is in the MMORPG world lol (not to mention how imba most of his shit is anyways)... I'm sure Momomomomonga has a few self-ress' up his sleeve too. Totally would love to see how AINZ OOAL GOWN further manipulates the mechanics of the game.
Aug 8, 2015 7:39 AM

Oct 2008
after watching episode 3...now I'm totally hooked!
5/5.

Aug 14, 2015 3:05 PM

May 2014
FUCKING HELL, THIS EPISODE WAS BRUTAL!
The MC's appearance at 08:10 and his rampage from then on. M8 after his summoning of the death knight with the background music, way too good. Surely the best episode in the series I've seen up till now, and looking forward to the next one ;)
5/5 for this episode for sure.
Aug 18, 2015 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
Hooray for the lack of censorship! I was pleasant surprised with the violence. Albedo's armor looks amazing.

The MC spends more time learning about the world, which is great.
[center][/center]
Aug 21, 2015 5:35 AM

Apr 2014
He said he wanted information from the knights. Then why didn't he just revive one of the dead ones and ask them? PLOT FLAW.
Aug 27, 2015 10:06 AM

Sep 2008
This is the best overpowered-protagonist anime I've seen.
Aug 28, 2015 7:29 AM

Aug 2013
Hahaha that's some nice slashing and stabbing XD
Sep 11, 2015 4:25 AM

Oct 2013
That was great, much better than the first two episodes. The setting is still too hazy, though. I'm inclined to believe they're not even in a game anymore.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 11, 2015 8:08 AM

Sep 2013
Zadion said:
That was great, much better than the first two episodes. The setting is still too hazy, though. I'm inclined to believe they're not even in a game anymore.

They aren't :(
They were transported into a new world, where everything is real now:)
That's what Ain was figuring out in the first 2 ep.
Sep 19, 2015 7:29 PM

Mar 2012
Ahaha, so bloody and violent, loving it.
Sep 25, 2015 2:50 AM

May 2015
This one is really an eye catcher I'm starting to see that this a combination of its predecessors really stands out instead of the whole goal of trying to find a way home he has the guts to face the world an MC that was left alone with so much power figuring out the world he is now this is the best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2015 8:12 AM

May 2013
Albedo's still sexy in that armor. Death Knight, on the other hand, is pretty brutal.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 30, 2015 6:42 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, playing god by reviving people never ends well...

It's funny how he kept saying that he didn't felt human at all, yet, he instinctively saved the village. Sure, it was because he had a benefit for it, but he had no reason to protect like that the two sisters. He may be an evil creature in a video game, these people are ''too human'' to not treat them like it.

I feel bad for having giggled by the knights getting slaughtered. There was something truly delighting by seeing them so powerless. The transition from hunters to hunted was pretty great too.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 8, 2015 12:21 PM

May 2012
The pacing is slow and the action was mediocre... I do hope it gets more interesting soon!
Nov 22, 2015 6:17 AM
Nov 2015
It was quite boring for me. I like that spells are taken from old-school RPG games. Right now I'm not interested in this anime in any way. Maybe it will get better in next episode.
Nov 22, 2015 7:06 AM

Nov 2011
Episode interesting enough, narratively managed to entertain well with a number of serious conditions and with a combattiemnto not so rough. I sling the next episode to find out in which direction you are moving the series.
Jan 10, 2016 3:23 PM

Mar 2010
Well this is the long way to getting a kingdom, I wonder if there are other players who are stuck there, and if they will be friend or foe..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 22, 2016 7:24 AM

Jun 2009
what a fucking awesome episode. it really actually felt like it could have been an MMO that was turned real life.
Jan 26, 2016 9:37 PM
Jan 2016
AMAZING. I could understand (almost?) how Momonga felt trying to persuade and talk to "NPC's"
Apr 19, 2016 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
I don't understand... I thought that's Yggdrasil, the game he's trapped inside. So why does everything seem foreign to him? He gathered info, asked some villagers (or should I say NPCs) if they know what magic is, he tried using his magic skills to the enemies. And he said: "the money from Yggdrasil does not work in this world" wtf? Then where the hell is he? lol this is confusing.

Also I like the fight scenes. They don't censor it much and not afraid to show blood. I like my shows a little bloody.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.