Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2007
llcruz said:
This was really rushed. I can't even feel anything at sanic speed.

It's not even speedy, they just cut stuff out. Though I felt a lot of stuff from Nyamel in the anime in the short time span.
Oct 26, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
HaXXspetten said:
LonelyWizard said:
Dont worry,there are millions of ecchi/harem stuff they can animate anytime they want...
don't underestimate how many light novels there are just waiting for an anime license out there

I said good source material. Dredge like that Girlfriend social game is getting adapted already, I'm just anticipating there will be more and more of that once they spin up all the interesting franchises.

We don't have many good visual novels left that haven't already been adapted for example. And some of them shouldn't be adapted for obvious reasons, like G-Sensou no Maou.

Though at least that probably means there'll be more Haruhi eventually, even if the staff and voice actors get completely uprooted, so there's that.
Oct 26, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2007
BlazeBlue said:
GrimaH said:

Michiru kisses Yuuji. 3 minutes later the cat dies.
The coffin scene will apparently be in the next episode.
They've effectively butchered Mitchie's route and squeezed the mangled remains into 2 episodes.

This. All of this. Having played through each route, they absolutely decimated Michiru's route. I can expect the rest to be equally butchered. Too bad, Grisaia was a fantastic VN :(

The VN is the VN, Grisaia is an anime too... and a good one, many people will enjoy the things to come.
Oct 26, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
Tesla_Infuse said:
If 8bit is going to do this 2 episodes per route format I have to wonder how they will adapt Sachi, Yumiko, and Makina.

The way I see it they are just taking bits from every route, like in a few episode Yuuji will probably talk to Amane and she'll talk about her backstory and whanot without actually going into her route/make any romantic progress.
Oct 26, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
HaXXspetten said:
don't underestimate how many light novels there are just waiting for an anime license out there

I said good source material. Dredge like that Girlfriend social game is getting adapted already, I'm just anticipating there will be more and more of that once they spin up all the interesting franchises.

We don't have many good visual novels left that haven't already been adapted for example. And some of them shouldn't be adapted for obvious reasons, like G-Sensou no Maou.

Though at least that probably means there'll be more Haruhi eventually, even if the staff and voice actors get completely uprooted, so there's that.
Funny guy,who cares about good source material as long as it sells
Oct 26, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
llcruz said:
This was really rushed. I can't even feel anything at sanic speed.

What is there to "feel"? You wanted them to spend 5 episodes on the cat?
I don't see the problem with this episode in particular.
Oct 26, 2014 12:00 PM

Dec 2007
Red_Tuesday said:
like G-Sensou no Maou.

I lol'd at this one, you just combined G-Senjou and Mahou Sensou in one ^.^
Oct 26, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
Red_Tuesday said:
like G-Sensou no Maou.

I lol'd at this one, you just combined G-Senjou and Mahou Sensou in one ^.^

lol :D

Herp derp
Oct 26, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2012
Hm okay episode but I am sure it is different for people who read VN/LN/Manga or whatever.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 26, 2014 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
Red_Tuesday said:

You can adapt G-Senjou no Maou just fine if you do Haru's route (the only one that matters) in 24/26 episodes.
Oct 26, 2014 12:09 PM

Sep 2009
SH4kun said:
Red_Tuesday said:

You can adapt G-Senjou no Maou just fine if you do Haru's route (the only one that matters) in 24/26 episodes.

This.
Oct 26, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2010
So if i understand it right Michiru has multi personality disorder and when ever she is her other personality she has green eyes.
The way she behaves also seems to suggest some trauma in the past, at least that the only thing i can think of that explains her strange behaviour and Multi personality disorder.

This episode was funny for the most part but had a sad ending.
I feel sorry for the cat but sometimes those things happen.
On the other side Michiru's behaviour during the first part of the episode was so funny to watch and the was she was drinking that juice looked great.

It also seems that Yumiko is afraid of lightning from the looks of it, tho she doesn't want to admit it.
Oct 26, 2014 12:10 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Who cares about the manga atm..
THE FRICKIN CAT ;-;
Oct 26, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2012
SH4kun said:
Red_Tuesday said:

What are ya dreamin'?^^ If we ever see it than clearly as a 13 episodes one like this. The thing is, dat G-Senjou is way easier to compromise than Kajitsu. I would be glad enough for that to see the endin' with good art, lol.
Oct 26, 2014 12:21 PM
Oct 2007
Aversa said:
So if i understand it right Michiru has multi personality disorder and when ever she is her other personality she has green eyes.
The way she behaves also seems to suggest some trauma in the past, at least that the only thing i can think of that explains her strange behaviour and Multi personality disorder.

Yep, yep and yep.
VN spoilers on what actually happened to Michiru (will withhold the possible spoilers for next episode):

GrimaHOct 26, 2014 12:32 PM
Normal well-adjusted human being
Oct 26, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013

I don't know if I'm crying for Meowmel or because my head hurts from trying to figure out what's going on. At the very least, Michiru was entertaining (a slight understatement) in this episode.
Oct 26, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
Nachtwandler_21 said:
SH4kun said:

This.

TS;DR: Though of course, I could be pleasantly surprised if it ever happens, but I'd rather have no adaptation than a bad one, which I fear leans 95% towards the latter in likelihood.
Oct 26, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

This.

TS;DR: Though of course, I could be pleasantly surprised if it ever happens, but I'd rather have no adaptation than a bad one, which I fear leans 95% towards the latter in likelihood.

You just didn't like it, a "bad adaptation" for you would be a faithful one which is actually a good adaptation.
Oct 26, 2014 12:34 PM

Feb 2013
G-senjou would be an amazing anime if it's adapted right. Sharin no Kuni and Cross Channel are a few others for the adaptation wishlist.

It's weird how all of my hype for this show just suddenly died down and now I'm getting somewhat hopeful of other adaptations that I know will never happen.
Oct 26, 2014 12:39 PM

Jan 2012
Eden2307 said:
G-senjou would be an amazing anime if it's adapted right. Sharin no Kuni and Cross Channel are a few others for the adaptation wishlist.

It's weird how all of my hype for this show just suddenly died down and now I'm getting somewhat hopeful of other adaptations that I know will never happen.

At least we are gettin' Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete that was only good for the H and art i guess, right? :D Or 4 cour Little Busters :D

Im just hopin' we wont ever see favorite games even if i liked them animated, theres no way to convey that art in anime^^
Oct 26, 2014 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
That kiss between Michiru and Yuuji.

Her cat named "Meowmel" died, that's sad.
Oct 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
sigh i have to wait through many episodes to have my yumiko arc
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
Red_Tuesday said:

Eden2307 said:

You forgot Tsukihime.
Oct 26, 2014 12:49 PM

Jan 2014
Ugh, losing a pet is always horrible process to go through.

So Michiru has a mental personality disorder, interesting... I almost did not even notice the color change before Yuuji noticed it.
Oct 26, 2014 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
They killed the cat. I can handle almost anything, except when it involves cats. This episode ruined my fucking day and that is not a hyperbole. That was depressing.
Oct 26, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
Bad episode to watch before sleep. Things like that somehow can easily flip depressing switch.

Transitions were pretty awkward in this episode again. Half of the time I feel like there was a scene or two missing. Nonetheless, it's not bad for a VN adaptation.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 26, 2014 12:58 PM

Dec 2009
I don't want to be on this ride anymore, that poor cat, the heartbreaking yell.....

Michiru definitely has a split personality disorder
Oct 26, 2014 1:03 PM

Feb 2013
sanlei said:
Eden2307 said:

At least we are gettin' Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete that was only good for the H and art i guess, right? :D Or 4 cour Little Busters :D

Im just hopin' we wont ever see favorite games even if i liked them animated, theres no way to convey that art in anime^^
True, but I feel like more linear ones such as Sharin no Kuni and Cross Channel might be easier to adapt... Also a lot harder in some ways. Idk.

SH4kun said:

You forgot Tsukihime.
I forgot a lot, but they're more or less implied... I hope.
Oct 26, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
Paulo27 said:
You just didn't like it, a "bad adaptation" for you would be a faithful one which is actually a good adaptation.

I actually did like it overall, despite the sloppy writing of characters and the telegraphed twists.
Oct 26, 2014 1:07 PM
Jun 2013
Some games with potential for a decent anime are Satsukoi, Midori no Umi, Tsukiakari Lunch, Baldr Sky Dive.
Oct 26, 2014 1:17 PM

Jan 2012
Red_Tuesday said:
Paulo27 said:

I actually did like it overall, despite the sloppy writing of characters and the telegraphed twists.

The end makes everything better. I didnt care for anything and teh writing and plot were ridiculous, but yeah dat end makes it still a master piece(sub endings werent bad either). Its really weird, how good or bad it is. Its not "so bad so good", its just "a master piece despite being bad". Weirdest VN i ever read.
Ichijouji_Touko said:
Some games with potential for a decent anime are Satsukoi, Midori no Umi, Tsukiakari Lunch, Baldr Sky Dive.

Tsukiakari Lunch? Its not bad, but really nothin' i wished a Anime for. Im okay with teh others though^^
Oct 26, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2008
Sharin no Kuni would be the easiest anime adaption ever as long as it was well directed. But its too old and no longer relevant really like G-Senjou.

Unfortunately most visual novels are simply too long to receive a good adaption so shorter 10-30 hour ones might be the better ones to go for.
Oct 26, 2014 1:22 PM

Aug 2007
I finish the VN and not sure how to take this. A part of me knew this would be the reality if it was truly 13 episodes. Its sad it had to be this way but I guess it can't be helped. I'm just going to watch for my favorite character to be animated and see if they will bother to animate the important stuff.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 26, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2012
So rushed.

Michiru's split personality.

Cat died.

Her crying after it died sounded so forced/unrealistic.

Still ain't feeling this anime at all.
Oct 26, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
Comyu would be nice as well. Oh, this is the Episode 4 Grisaia discussion isn't it? Too bad the only thing to discuss is how much better other potential adaptations would go.

Jan 2013
as long as they do angelic howl im fine. all i wanted from this was visual reference for what angelic howl and sachi route looked like

Jul 2014
Oh no, Cat-san why did you die. i cri evritim
Oct 26, 2014 1:25 PM

Jan 2014
Eden2307 said:
Comyu would be nice as well. Oh, this is the Episode 4 Grisaia discussion isn't it? Too bad the only thing to discuss is how much better other potential adaptations would go.
sad but true
Oct 26, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
blazehero said:
I don't want to be on this ride anymore, that poor cat, the heartbreaking yell.....

Michiru definitely has a split personality disorder

not technically
Oct 26, 2014 1:27 PM
Jun 2013
sanlei said:
Tsukiakari Lunch? Its not bad, but really nothin' i wished a Anime for. Im okay with teh others though^^

I thought it was decent but beside the point. Just game on top of my head that could be easier to adapt. But really I don't wish for any eroge anime adaptation cause they all suck. Only one I actually want is Hatsuyuki Sakura and its because Im a big fan of that game.
Oct 26, 2014 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
SolviteSekai said:
as long as they do angelic howl im fine. all i wanted from this was visual reference for what angelic howl and sachi route looked like
i also wonder how much they will butcher the angelic howl,i was saying that they will do it in 2 episodes but after watching it i think they will cover whole accident in 15 minutes
Oct 26, 2014 1:30 PM

Jan 2012
LonelyWizard said:
SolviteSekai said:
i also wonder how much they will butcher the angelic howl

1 episode, maybe 2 if they cut down repition Yumiko route <3
Oct 26, 2014 1:31 PM
Jun 2013
I'm gonna wait to see people's reaction when the anime end and news thread of "Grisaia no Meikyuu and Rakuen anime greenlit" popup.
Oct 26, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
Considering the director doesn't know how to direct scenes very well, you can expect it to not be very good either.
Oct 26, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
SolviteSekai said:
i also wonder how much they will butcher the angelic howl,i was saying that they will do it in 2 episodes but after watching it i think they will cover whole accident in 15 minutes

i bet angelic howl gets 4 episodes.

its the most popular route in japan

popular = screentime
Oct 26, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
Iasuru said:

was it tears because of the cat death or tears because of the quality of the show

Enough Emo Michiru fan, we understood you point already, you hate the show, okay.

Daym calm down I wasn't even talkin to ya. I was talkin to the guy I quoted. Chillax a lil
Oct 26, 2014 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
Ichijouji_Touko said:
I'm gonna wait to see people's reaction when the anime end and news thread of "Grisaia no Meikyuu and Rakuen anime greenlit" popup.

all these people bitching were the same people who harassed me for saying the show was 13 eps and would be rushed a few months ago.

they are fickle fairweather fans and will be hyped for something else once the fun of bashing grisaia passes.
Oct 26, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2014
SolviteSekai said:
LonelyWizard said:

i bet angelic howl gets 4 episodes.

its the most popular route in japan

popular = screentime

And considering the Mahou Shoujo spin off, Michiru is the most popular character and see what that lead to.
Oct 26, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2012
So I'm betting Michiru has DID?

One thing that confused me was the scene with the bleach, was she bleaching her hair or trying to kill herself or something? She had the bleach in a baby bottle which was weird.

From the looks of things the VN fans are pretty butthurt about the adaptation, maybe I'll read the VN when it comes to Steam.
Oct 26, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2012
Ichijouji_Touko said:

Im not caring for that. I have teh VNs for my hilarious harem H <3 I just want to see Kajitsu Chiruchiru route as a whole adapted. Sachi and Angelic Howl from Amane route too.
Also every dirty line by Makina <3
24 for Kajitsu > 13 Kajitsu and 13 Meikyuu & Rakuen, which require teh right character development of Kajitsu too.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

266 by HansDevX »»
May 11, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.