Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 4, 2014 5:58 PM
Apr 2013
This was pretty good so far, for a first episode. I'll keep watching for Tama, because she's too dang cute to stop now. Her voice is friggin adorable.

I'm a little worried at her slightly sinister side coming out during battle after only a few turns, and that creepy red-eyed monster possibly being her...

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong. ):

(I do not like the implied twincest!)
Apr 4, 2014 7:07 PM

Dec 2011
This is just a dark Fantasista Doll which is kinda disappointing, but I guess I'll continue watching for now.
Apr 4, 2014 7:51 PM

Jan 2014
Really getting Madoka vibes from this anime. We'll see how it turns out.
Apr 4, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2012
Well, that was interesting. It has both potential to be good and to be a trainwreck. Let's see where JC will take this show.

And I can smell the twincest love triangle already... oh boy~
Apr 4, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2013
Hmm, seems dark, which is a good thing. I immediately noted the soundtrack, too. It stands out in a good way. I see the Madoka similarities, but it does give off a bit different of a vibe. Other than that, not too much to comment on, but it looks interesting. Carry on, J.C. Staff, you have my attention.
Apr 4, 2014 10:21 PM
Oct 2012
Knowing who is working on this show, it immediately gives me nostalgia from many different series. The transitions from scene to scene reminds me heavily of Serial Experiments Lain, especially the opening sequence with the train. Likewise, the soundtrack enhances these transitions and the overall direction of the scenes. And while it does have a card game aspect to it, if you've seen anything by Okada Mari, you know exactly where this is heading: drama, drama and more drama. Which I find she does competently...in the right anime. Needless to say, I am excited to see how this turns out. However, unlike many of you, I didn't see the similarities to Madoka besides the fact that the show is dark, and there are girls battling each other with wishes being a focus. I just see a more drama heavy and transition laden series that doesn't hide it's dark side.
Apr 4, 2014 10:34 PM

May 2013
I will be aware to Tama for the rest of the episodes.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 4, 2014 10:47 PM

Jun 2008
17+ card game anime? I'm definitely interested and it already looks like things are gonna be pretty fucked up in the near future.
Apr 4, 2014 11:20 PM

Dec 2010
Very interesting first episode! I get the definite feeling of Angelic Layer, but with the "angels" having more of a personality. Mix in some dark vibes, and I'm definitely glued to the screen. It also helps that I'm a sucker for tournament style series, so I hope this turns out well. But I'm loving it so far! Sad that its only 12 episodes or so...but I guess they can't milk it too much this way.

Also, Tama is adorable!
Apr 5, 2014 1:40 AM

Dec 2011
Interestingly enough, I'll stick to it.
First couple of lines gave me a PMMM vibe, once I saw the cards and the battle, instantly Yugioh.

Tama is cute but at the same time it'll get annoying fast.
Apr 5, 2014 3:08 AM
Jan 2014
Kind of got bored of it, even though I'm a huge Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters fan.
It's fine...I guess.
Will keep on watching it.
Hopefully it will turn out to be good.
Apr 5, 2014 4:42 AM

May 2013
twas nice. i expect this anime to be a 6
Apr 5, 2014 4:42 AM

Jan 2011
interesting setting and really good art style. could be some lighter version of Madoka. but the table during the battle is stupid.

i dont care, whether its a card game or not. card games are a very old way to play a game, so why not combine it with fantasy?

nice show so far, but indeed nothing special (yet). well see. ^^

Aeonenleben said:
It just seems a bit to rushed if you ask me.

12 eps. and sometimes events occur as fast as this. why not?

Aeonenleben said:
Also: No explaination on how this game actually works.

some are mentioned and you can think of it, that the rest will be explained later. ;P

Aeonenleben said:
Just a lot of cliche characters

show me anime shows without cliche characters. ;P

Aeonenleben said:
and pretty good animation.

yes! =)
Apr 5, 2014 4:51 AM

Oct 2012
Mediocre first episode. I'll have to see how this develops.
Apr 5, 2014 7:29 AM

Jun 2012
Not very interesting but I liked the ominous dream with a monster-like Tama. I'll give it a few more eps.

Apr 5, 2014 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
aww man,,,,, Why did the story had to be like Yugioh..... worse than i have expected

So far, spring anime i watched are worse than winter animes

Apr 5, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
I don't really know what to expect from this show. The story look a bit too... random maybe.

The art style is great, even if it look like it's trying to much to be gloomy.

The little card girl is cute, except when she's fighting and, you know, transforming in a big monster with blood eyes :P

Ahhh, there had to be a forbidden love. Every psychological show have a forbidden love xD

Anyway, I hope the character devellop a lot, because for now they seem a bit bland.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2014 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
It had some really interesting parts, like the beggining and the opening sequence, i even had a "Madoka Magica" feel to it, however, it reminds me to Angelic Layer and i'm not that excited about that. I think this could get a lot better in a few episodes, so i'll stick around to it because i'm curious.
Apr 5, 2014 1:48 PM

Feb 2014
Well, this seems really quite promising. There are some very clear Madoka influences here, and I have a good feeling that they're going to focus less on the game and more on character development - I'm definitely expecting a few cruel twists along the way.
I feel that dismissing it this early isn't that fair. I mean, Madoka took a few episodes to get to the real meat of the story too, right?
Apr 5, 2014 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Not spectacular, but it's the first episode and it actually managed to hold my interest. Visually it looked pretty nice and the music was good. This is obviously drawing on the recent spike in "dark magical girl shows" but it's kind of like a mess of Madoka, Angelic Layer and Yugioh. Which for all we know could turn out really well or really poorly. I'll probably keep watching because, well, the dream sequence among other things hints at a much darker layer to this story.
Apr 5, 2014 6:49 PM

Nov 2012
Going to give this anime a try. Hopefully, the show will manage to pull off the psychological aspect well into the card game. Even if the show is subpar, it wouldn't matter for me because new card game to play!
ShigureApr 5, 2014 7:03 PM
Apr 5, 2014 8:43 PM

Jun 2009
O_O
Tama don't look very cute when she's fighting.

This show might actually be good.

The feel of the show is just different, kinda like Madoka... And the dream she had reminded me of Evangelion, Shinji's first fight.

Here's hoping WIXOSS live up to at least half of Madoka/Evangelion. COME ON JC STAFF!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 9:43 PM

Oct 2010
Though there were some redeeming features, it seemed kind of rushed for a first episode. Absolutely no development on Tama at all other than the fact she nyan~s and fights like a pro, the later of which is good. We wouldn't get anywhere if we had our classic weak female character with a weak support character and there's certainly no enjoyment in seeing other characters wipe the floor with the protag.

Have unexpectedly high tolerance for card game anime. Will see this through to the end.
Apr 5, 2014 10:37 PM

Feb 2010
Dam Tama was annoying as hell with the cat noises she makes. And that one girl is a dick for trying to get a free win.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2012
So the background art really reminds of the background art in Bravely Default, and I can't help but feel something bad is going to happen and the grandmas going to die and I'm going to cry like crazy. Certainly have no idea what just happened though :D
Apr 6, 2014 12:49 AM

Sep 2007
First episode and they're already trying to throw incest at us? Really?
Apr 6, 2014 12:50 AM

Sep 2010
I was going to drop this shit like a motherfucker... Then Twincest happen.....

3/5
Apr 6, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2009
*Sigh* Another show with Sister loving brother.

Otherwise a nice little episode. ED was awesome.
Apr 6, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2008
This looks promising.. I enjoyed the first episode very much, I'm curious how this will develop.
Apr 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
Ok, guys, this is not fake, Im not lying, this really happened. You know the creepy dream that girl had?

Me and my gf both had the EXACT SAME DREAM! The first episode, the building and the grandma were all in a dream I recently had, and finally the monster that appeared on her dream too. In my dream the monster got out of the building, in my gf's dream he chased her inside the building!

Me and my gf are perfect soulmates, we have same taste for everything, same personality, taste for anime, food, music, etc. So I wasn't very surprised that we would dream of such a similiar thing, it's super creepy in her opinion but in my opinion it just shows that we are soulmates *-* But it's supernatural, this anime only caught my eye because I dreamt about it, and I never watched it before.

What are the odds of this happening? This must be one of the rarest things to happen in the world :D
Apr 6, 2014 2:29 PM
Oct 2011
i just hope this show is not just edgy but terrible like genei was.
Apr 6, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
I'm really intrigued by this first episode. There are some really dark, somber, almost omnipotent undertones going on that make me think this could evolve into some sort of deconstruction. Will definitely keep watching; this is not your average shounen card-playing game like Yu-gi-oh, I'll tell you that.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Apr 6, 2014 8:29 PM

Jan 2008
If only I knew how to play the card game, I might have cared a bit more. Probably gonna lose interest for this by episode 3 or 4.
Apr 7, 2014 4:01 AM
Jun 2011
Nice first episode, I'll keep watching for Tama.
Apr 7, 2014 11:21 AM
Feb 2012
Another original anime worth shit. Yet I keep up my hopes every time I see an original anime. And every fucking time I get disappointed. Dropped.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 7, 2014 1:10 PM

Aug 2013
GuiltyKing said:
Another original anime worth shit. Yet I keep up my hopes every time I see an original anime.

I KNOW I feel the exact same way! Original anime is like unbelievably bad like 95% of the time, but really good 5% of the time. I really hope this series proves us wrong.
Apr 7, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2009
Good start, I like the creepy atmosphere and quite nice background art. Pretty nice OP/ED.
Never liked card game shows, but this seems to be taking a darker route. And yes Madoka vibes.

Ruuko is pretty cute.

So are we talking Twincest here? Yuzuki likes Kazuki? O.o INTERESTING~
AozureApr 7, 2014 1:46 PM
Apr 7, 2014 2:03 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Interesting concept, a mix of yu-gi-oh and digimon/beyblade...
Cute girls, but this is giving off a Madoka feel on the first ep...
ED is a bit boring, but I don't mind it as well.
Tama sounds cute!
Apr 7, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2011
Tama was pretty cool when she was throwing those punches.
Apr 7, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
Reminds me of C control & yu-gi-oh! 4/5
I guess I will keep watching
Apr 7, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2013
GuiltyKing said:
Another original anime worth shit. Yet I keep up my hopes every time I see an original anime. And every fucking time I get disappointed. Dropped.

I bit of an exaggeration after the very first episode, eh?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Apr 7, 2014 10:49 PM

Dec 2013
The first episode already has me hooked. I'm not a fan of card and battle type series but this one shows some promise to me. I love the art style and so far the characters aren't steriotypical to what I've seen in the past. I'm definately interested in Tama after she went a little berserk. I knew that since it was directed by the same man as steins gate I wouldn't be dissapointed and so far I'm not.

Now to wait 11 weeks and the marathon it.
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Apr 8, 2014 1:53 AM

Aug 2011
Not a bad episode, although I hope they go into the card mechanics a bit more in future eps. I usually avoid card game anime, but this seems like a promising series.

Tama is badass.

4/5

Apr 8, 2014 8:25 AM

Sep 2013
GuiltyKing said:

Guilty Crown pic >> Your worth shit.
Everyone just report him for trolling/flaming if you see him in any new ep discussion, these disgusting people have to be culled for the good of MAL.
Apr 8, 2014 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
I actually enjoyed this anime. The art was nice and I like the brocon/siscon tendency, also the implied twincest. :P
I think Ruko is quite likeable as well.

ichii_1 said:
GuiltyKing said:

Guilty Crown pic >> Your worth shit.
Everyone just report him for trolling/flaming if you see him in any new ep discussion, these disgusting people have to be culled for the good of MAL.

He was just stating his opinion, no need to report for trolling whatsoever.
Apr 8, 2014 10:31 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It has a Shadow Realm Yugioh vibe so hopefully it's not a let down.

Tama's power increases whenever her level does. I noticed when Tama went to Lv 3 and attacked Yuzuki's girl it seemed like Yuzuki's energy was drained since Yuzuki said "how can a girl who's never played the game be this powerful already"

Preview: Not looking good for Ru-chan and Tama.

Apr 8, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2007
I feel like people are being kind of unreasonable over this premiere and giving it a rougher reception because they feel it's trying to compete with Madoka (and we can't have that because Madoka is teh jesus etc.), but I really didn't find that half bad at all nor did it seem like it was really trying to be just a low budget ripoff of Madoka like that Day Break Illusion show.

It sets things up reasonably well, the characters and their personalities if not goals are set up as well and it had some good art and animation. There's room for things to expand from here in 24 episodes as well so I'm kind of curious to see where this goes for a bit. I think the card game mechanics themselves aren't going to be all that important which would suck since I like that sort of level of depth and strategy but maybe it can succeed in other areas.

GuiltyKing said:

What did it do that is shitty? Why is it so bad? Maybe people oughta learn to be more realistic about their expectations of such things?

DGemu said:
Nice to see everyone going in with their prejudices at large ^^ I mean, look at the MAL score after one episode. Makes me lol.

Anyways, its looking nice to me so far. Seems like we won't get to know the game itself ;/
And outside interference is some very broad definition of escaping a loss, huh.

Well it'd be about what my score would be for the first episode, but that's just the thing, my scoring tends to be lower than a lot of peoples because I will use the full scale to decide how I feel about stuff and sort of try to wait things while MAL at large generally seems to subscribe to the "Hate out of Ten" scoring mechanism so a 6/10 from MAL is equivalent to like a 3/10 adjusted for my scale or something like that.
PeacingOutApr 8, 2014 2:05 PM
Apr 8, 2014 6:43 PM

Nov 2012
The feeling of C: Possibility control is in this. Watching it just because of that.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Apr 9, 2014 4:00 AM

May 2009
Yay twincest
Apr 9, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
Don't care about Madoka. I liked this a lot. It was very eye grabbing overall.

UsaraDark said:
The feeling of C: Possibility control is in this. Watching it just because of that.

Definitely, although this show does it better already.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.