Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 13, 2014 2:20 AM

Apr 2009
Way better than episode 1.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 13, 2014 2:33 AM

Dec 2012
Dem Micheal Jackson moves. I like Meow's voice actor, he also voiced Ozu, very fitting imo.

To be honest, the Japanese voice acting is what making me watch this. Everything else seems okayish and not impressive.

4/5
Jan 13, 2014 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
I liked this episode more than the first one. I liked the google references with "street view" and how it satirised the constant taking of selfies and making check-ins. Also anything with that much ramen in it will get my stamp of approval.

As others have said the only thing that bothers me is the lack of explanation on how he survived the explosion at the end of episode one. But I guess it is an episodic anime and this was a good episode so perhaps I should just forget the ending of episode one.
Jan 13, 2014 5:04 AM

Sep 2009
Well, I think this shows where the anime is going from now on. I like it o.o
Jan 13, 2014 5:21 AM
Oct 2010
I really liked this episode, the boobs thing is a bit played out now but the social media satire was hilarious. More so because I can directly relate to the situation that the cat was putting dandy in.
Jan 13, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2011
VioLink said:
I wonder how many people caught the Michael Jackson reference.

best scene of this ep imho. so ridiculous and with that music! xD
Jan 13, 2014 7:13 AM
Mar 2011
VioLink said:
I wonder how many people caught the Michael Jackson reference.
Wow! this show is definitely above my level. So many things that I didn't notice!
Jan 13, 2014 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
Vulpixel said:
There's one thing bothering me. It never explains how they survived the explosion in the last episode.

when they went through the worm hole in the first episode it created a parallel universe, the second half of the episode was in one of those parallel universes. the ed. also hints at it.

not to say that the series does not have stuff that cannot be explained like when they are shot into space at the beginning of the episode

anway. again funny episode, good animation, scarlet is pretty damn cool and about the old guy. the reason for why the old guy is doing it, that is he accidently burned his girl to death maybe comedy, the scene afterwards had some serious moments though with dandy telling him to come with them. if the show wants, it could be serious, doubt it will happen though

loved it
Jan 13, 2014 8:12 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah I liked this episode way more than the first one.

Dunno about anyone else, but that "garlic mile-high double greasy veggie tower" looked fucking delicious. Made me hungry as hell.

The dude burning his girlfriend was pretty damned hilarious.
Hey, give me a light.
Eh? Sure thing babe. *lights girlfriend on fire*
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-!!
It was pretty sad too of course, but man that was funny.

I feel bad for Meow, he seems to be bad at holding onto his food. I was honestly getting really upset when he spilled the phantom ramen... I would hate so much to lose out on that, I was crying inside right along with him. This episode made me too hungry... so much food wasting, Scarlet at least made me happy that she avenged the first bowl. :(
Jan 13, 2014 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
I'm loving the references in this show.
Lmao at the old alien's moving story of how he became a ramen salesman and burning the other alien. XD
Definitely looking forward to next episode! I hope we get a lot of episodes in future. 2 cour is also fine.
Jan 13, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
That anime is weird. The lack of plot or devellopement make it difficult to watch. Still, it's pretty funny.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 13, 2014 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Episode was quite dandy. I liked how it got serious towards the end. Laughed a lot at "Fullmetal Noodlist". Also I think Meow is becoming my favorite character.

Still wanna know how Dandy survived, but oh well.
Jan 13, 2014 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
Liked this episode way more than the last one. I'm craving some space ramen now!
Jan 13, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2009
Btw, does anybody know who was responsible for the directing this episode? Last week we had Natsume Shingo as episode director, but this week there was no information...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 13, 2014 3:06 PM
Jan 2014
Battlechili1 said:
Still wanna know how Dandy survived, but oh well.

Would you also care to ask how Dandy also survived after being plunged into space from the Alien Registration Center?
OveReAction10Jan 13, 2014 3:24 PM
Jan 13, 2014 3:50 PM
Jan 2014
45Ravager said:
Also, I'm liking Scarlett so far (She sure can fight!), I was reminded of Erza when she pulled that pin out of her hair though.

Funny, Scarlett and Erza do share the same voice actress.
Jan 13, 2014 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Btw, does anybody know who was responsible for the directing this episode? Last week we had Natsume Shingo as episode director, but this week there was no information...
I believe it was Sayo Yamamoto this week, though it could had been wattannabe himself, this ep felt much more cowboy bebopish than the last ep, then again Sayo tends to get that feeling going

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2014 5:38 PM

Apr 2007
Episode two is a huge improvement.
Jan 13, 2014 6:34 PM
Jan 2014
MartyThePoketaku said:
45Ravager said:
Also, I'm liking Scarlett so far (She sure can fight!), I was reminded of Erza when she pulled that pin out of her hair though.

Funny, Scarlett and Erza do share the same voice actress.

I knew she and Erza sound alike......and have "Scarlet" in her name!
Jan 13, 2014 7:02 PM

Apr 2013
Lol when Dandy is talking to Scarlett in the ramen shop all I could picture was Johnny Bravo.
Jan 13, 2014 7:44 PM
Nov 2013
First half was meh, second half was great. Awesome soundtrack and visuals.
Jan 13, 2014 7:47 PM

Sep 2011
i should mention how perfectly delivered that spot me some cash line was in both sub and dub

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2014 9:24 PM

Jul 2010
This second ep was so legit. I think I enjoyed this one more than the first ep because now i understand the format of the show, but also because the content just felt more substantial. I enjoyed how the show did a little bit of universe building. It was cool.

Also, that scene with Scarlet was awesome so i made a clip for it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR0cx5BgPm0

And a gif of the same scene - http://i.minus.com/i71p2QatRnae2.gif
Jan 14, 2014 12:49 AM

Mar 2012
Sourire said:
Lol when Dandy is talking to Scarlett in the ramen shop all I could picture was Johnny Bravo.

THAT'S IT! That's what was so familiar about that scene!
Jan 14, 2014 12:52 AM

Jan 2013
Only Dandy can mac using those dance moves.
Jan 14, 2014 2:54 AM

Dec 2010
A huge improvement from the first episode. I like the way it's progressing, though it'll be better imo if moves from being episodic to a more broader story-line.
The old man's story was hilariously touching.
Though I didn't get how Dandy survived after the first episode.
Jan 14, 2014 5:04 AM

Dec 2011
boring series is boring and dropped.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 14, 2014 7:29 AM

Apr 2011
ona said:
Episode two is a huge improvement.

Exactly that.
Jan 14, 2014 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
Esclair said:
Sourire said:

a lot of people here are probably too young to know this reference :( I miss this show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnGnl-UElVA
Jan 14, 2014 7:49 AM

Apr 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
boring series is boring and dropped.
no idea what you were expecting, your list is full of moecrap ..
Jan 14, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2012
Sourire said:
Esclair said:
Sourire said:

a lot of people here are probably too young to know this reference :( I miss this show

Ooooh I used to watch that! :DDD
Jan 14, 2014 1:35 PM

Sep 2011
Sourire said:
Esclair said:
Sourire said:

ahhhh johnny bravo, probably the most a kids show has ever used the word sexy

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 14, 2014 1:53 PM
Jul 2013
SO. FREAKING. AWESOME.
That's the kind of sci-fi adventure I missed a lot. The spirit of Golden Age of Sci-Fi is with me once again. I can remember the same feeling from reading "The Stainless Steel Rat" and "The Star Diaries".
Nostalgic tears.
Jan 14, 2014 3:03 PM
Jan 2013
Man when Scarlet was beating up those things HOLYCRAP the quality went down so much >.< hope they fix that
Jan 14, 2014 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
tomtomr92 said:
Man when Scarlet was beating up those things HOLYCRAP the quality went down so much >.< hope they fix that
Wait what episode did you watch?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 14, 2014 3:08 PM

Dec 2012
Sadly I don't "get" the humor
Jan 14, 2014 5:55 PM

Jun 2012
Sourire said:
Esclair said:
Sourire said:

Lol, wow I can't believe I didn't watch more Johnny Bravo back in the day... it's funnier now than I remember it being. Though, for a long time I only had 25 channels, so I only had Nickelodeon which I kinda hated. I pretty much stuck to things on Nick at Night like Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, and Roseanne.
HalibelTheEspadaJan 14, 2014 5:59 PM
Jan 14, 2014 7:52 PM

Apr 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
Sourire said:
Esclair said:
Sourire said:

Lol, wow I can't believe I didn't watch more Johnny Bravo back in the day... it's funnier now than I remember it being. Though, for a long time I only had 25 channels, so I only had Nickelodeon which I kinda hated. I pretty much stuck to things on Nick at Night like Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, and Roseanne.
a lot of these old cartoons are funnier when you're older: Johnny Bravo, Dexter's laboratory, Spongebob, etc.
Jan 14, 2014 8:04 PM

Feb 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
tomtomr92 said:
Wait what episode did you watch?

There was one shot with some off-model animation. I mean...literally one shot. I don't know why tomtomr is complaining.
Jan 14, 2014 10:05 PM

Sep 2012
Admiral Perry? As in Admiral Matthew C Perry? As in the American who established trade relations with Japan in the 19th Century through the use of superior military technology? What and odd and completely random reference. Though it does partly explain why the flagship looks like that.

I'm calling it now. Space Dandy is actually the Emperor of Japan/Earth/Humankind (take your pick).
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Jan 14, 2014 10:29 PM
Jan 2013
Woolongs? I didn't know this was set in the Cowboy Bebop universe.

Also gogol galaxy street view :P
._.
Jan 14, 2014 10:31 PM

Sep 2013
45Ravager said:
That was pretty entertaining, although I wonder how Dandy and them survived that SuperNova from the last episode, they made it seem like it didn't happen at all.

Plotholes My friend.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 14, 2014 11:54 PM

Jun 2012
ProfPepper said:
Woolongs? I didn't know this was set in the Cowboy Bebop universe.

Also gogol galaxy street view :P
I think this is set in every universe ever, lol.
AsianKungFu said:
45Ravager said:
That was pretty entertaining, although I wonder how Dandy and them survived that SuperNova from the last episode, they made it seem like it didn't happen at all.
Plotholes My friend.
I think I'm going to go with the theory that it was all in an alternate universe starting when they pulled that chain.
Jan 14, 2014 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:

AsianKungFu said:
45Ravager said:
Plotholes My friend.
I think I'm going to go with the theory that it was all in an alternate universe starting when they pulled that chain.
or like you know, the joke is its never explained

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 15, 2014 12:18 AM

Jun 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

AsianKungFu said:
45Ravager said:
Plotholes My friend.
or like you know, the joke is its never explained
Yeah, that's second on my list. Either one is fine... nothing about it really needs to make much sense. In fact the less sense this makes, the better I think it will be.
Jan 15, 2014 12:49 AM
Nov 2010
I don't know dandy ignoring ot at the end of the preview when he asked wait how'd we survive doesn't mean it's going to be a joke that's never explained.
I'd say it's more then likely a multi universe thing
Jan 15, 2014 8:05 AM

Jun 2012
I honestly don't understand the complaints about the dub, Ian Sinclair's Dandy is too legit
Jan 15, 2014 8:20 AM

May 2012
The only thing that I liked is the preview for next episode
Jan 15, 2014 10:37 AM

Jul 2013
That episode made me want to watch Tampopo again.
Was Meows saying "I shouldnt get started on that or I´ll be going all night" a reference?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9m6FoSw4jE

Also the part with tears in the soup reminded me of Ramen Girl.
HannoverFistJan 15, 2014 10:43 AM
Jan 15, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 2011
So

Fucking

Good.

10/10

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2014

276 by RawrOMG »»
Jun 1, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

162 by Hisokasjams »»
May 27, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ArtimesGamer - Jan 18, 2014

185 by RawrOMG »»
May 19, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

150 by crotaku15 »»
Apr 25, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.