Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2013 8:03 PM
May 2013
TheTsunami said:
BurntJelly said:
OMG Marie!... yea that's right, you can't kill her... That was a nice shot though. Maybe she was a test pilot 5 years ago?

Going by the typical anime tropes...$20 says that her father and/or mother was involved in building/designing the Valvraves.

Oct 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
Dashiawia said:
Sometimes, I really wonder why I'm still watching this show... Neither the plot nor the characters are logical, yet I can't help but laugh at how random some of the developments are. For Christ's sake, L-Elf shot someone just because she was about to learn of Haruto's secret -- that was rash to the point of idiotic. Then again, it seems like people don't die when they're shot in this anime, so I guess there's nothing to worry about. :p

Pretty much this. But you know it's so fucked up that you can't really not enjoying it.

TheTsunami said:
Going by the typical anime tropes...$20 says that her father and/or mother was involved in building/designing the Valvraves.

That's for sure. There are so cliché that they can't miss this one.
Oct 26, 2013 8:24 PM

Jul 2009
Meh, just gonna watch it till the end for no reason...
ビビコードバカァ!

Oct 26, 2013 11:22 PM

May 2010
What a surprise Marie is an immortal too !!
Oct 27, 2013 1:50 AM
Oct 2010
Akanezora said:
Dashiawia said:
Sometimes, I really wonder why I'm still watching this show... Neither the plot nor the characters are logical, yet I can't help but laugh at how random some of the developments are. For Christ's sake, L-Elf shot someone just because she was about to learn of Haruto's secret -- that was rash to the point of idiotic. Then again, it seems like people don't die when they're shot in this anime, so I guess there's nothing to worry about. :p

Pretty much this. But you know it's so fucked up that you can't really not enjoying it.

TheTsunami said:

That's for sure. There are so cliché that they can't miss this one.

Probably, although I could see her being an "earlier" version of the vampires rather than that. Maybe she was changed by the male valvrave instead of the female one.
Oct 27, 2013 2:08 AM

Apr 2009
I liked the look of surprise on Marie's face and the tone of her voice when Haruto confessed his secret. It seemed as if it was not the answer she was expecting.

With the unusual amount of screentime she's been having, I can't say I didn't half-expect her to suddenly get killed like Aina... but the fact that she had a past with Pino meant it was also possible she was already one of "them space vampires" (can't remember the term). Connecting the dots, she may very well be an ex-test pilot for VVVI.

Hundreds of years later in the episode prologue, what we see together with Saki and the mysterious boy... is Satomi?! Say what? Bring on the possibility of everyone else becoming immortals so they don't have to worry about survival in hostile territory... It's crazy enough that it might just happen in this anime.
Oct 27, 2013 3:28 AM

Jul 2007
TheTsunami said:
Fai said:
That kind of makes sense. Saki says at the start of this episode that while body does not age, souls do(as in experience). And quite a lot of us said that Marie acts a lot more older than she should be.

It isn't so much that Marie acts older than she should be (she is the same age as her classmates) as much as she does not appear to be as old as she should be. Her assumed age should be correct, but we are now being told that she has (and will keep) the body of an 11 year old.

I don't think you understood me.

What I said was Marie's behavior and stance is far more "adult" than her body is. She's far more reserved in her behavior than average vvv teenager, far more direct in her questions. She might not remember her past but that does not change her mental age(the same way people with amnesia still act appropriate to their age most of times). Quite a few of people who have been constantly posting about VVV last season have noticed that
Oct 27, 2013 4:02 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, Marie was the last pilot I guess.
BOOM HEADSHOT.
(stands up and gives no fuck).
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Oct 27, 2013 7:17 AM

Oct 2011
What!!!! Marie is immoral and she knows Pino??? Shocking development!!!
Oct 27, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2007
Fai said:
TheTsunami said:
Fai said:
That kind of makes sense. Saki says at the start of this episode that while body does not age, souls do(as in experience). And quite a lot of us said that Marie acts a lot more older than she should be.

It isn't so much that Marie acts older than she should be (she is the same age as her classmates) as much as she does not appear to be as old as she should be. Her assumed age should be correct, but we are now being told that she has (and will keep) the body of an 11 year old.

I don't think you understood me.

What I said was Marie's behavior and stance is far more "adult" than her body is. She's far more reserved in her behavior than average vvv teenager, far more direct in her questions. She might not remember her past but that does not change her mental age(the same way people with amnesia still act appropriate to their age most of times). Quite a few of people who have been constantly posting about VVV last season have noticed that

My point was that we don't yet have reason to believe that she is older than her classmates. If she was changed when she was 11, and she met Pino 5 years ago, then she would actually be a 16 year old like her classmates (thus the only difference between her and her classmates is the 'age' of her body, not that she is more of an adult). But I see the point you are trying to make. I wasn't watching the first season looking at her as oddly young appearing (by anime standards she really doesn't stand out compared to the numerous characters out there who look 10+ years younger than they are).
Oct 27, 2013 9:34 AM

May 2013
I don't like the scene where haruto is wasting time and not following the plan, he is so stupid he has to know the priority, he can talk with Marie later LOL he start to turn dickless lol

And why can't he tell marie what he is? What will it do that maintaining combat group is impossible? Is there any explaination?

This ep puss me off abit - -''
Oct 27, 2013 9:55 AM

Jun 2012
Aaaand this anime officially has the craziest plot.

Not that I didn't think that before at all.
Tutturu ~
Oct 27, 2013 10:37 AM
May 2013
na35899 said:
I don't like the scene where haruto is wasting time and not following the plan, he is so stupid he has to know the priority, he can talk with Marie later LOL he start to turn dickless lol

And why can't he tell marie what he is? What will it do that maintaining combat group is impossible? Is there any explaination?

You call him stupid yet you cant understand why he is hesitant to tell her and call him dickless yet he risked his life to save Akira last episode....

Exblaster said:
Oh and Haruto not getting into the plan thing.
Its a simple excuse for the "Enemy getting the upper hand with their new toys/plan/power/whatever for a moment and the Hero or whoever jumps in and save the day" thing...
Oct 27, 2013 4:08 PM

Feb 2013
If it is the Another,Marie must be dead.
Oct 27, 2013 5:36 PM

Jan 2013
Fritzion said:
TheTsunami said:
Fai said:

Pedo's dream, a girl that will stay loli forever~ literally

/QFT
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 27, 2013 8:31 PM

Feb 2013
na35899 said:

People fear and hate what they don't understand. If everyone finds out that Haruto and his fellow pilots aren't human, it could potentially cause everyone to fall apart out of fear and anger of them being practically aliens. They need to keep everything on an need to know basis for as long as they can. For anyone else to know right now would cause chaos and dissension among the team, and even among the pilots who haven't yet grasped that they're no longer human anymore.
Oct 27, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
Marie getting shot was a real surprise, but her getting up, not so much.
Oct 28, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2009
just as I thought. Marie will never die :D
it's because of her mysterious past.. especially that she and Pino was friends 5yrs. ago O.O

I miss Shoko :/
Oct 28, 2013 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
Very interesting episode with quite a bunch of new developments and new revelations.

Linking the future part with the present part, we can deduce that

The first human Kamitsuki became so at 11. This matched with Marie's age 5 years before the present part. So most probably she was some experimental subject and became the first successful human magius and piloted the red Valvrave. Pino, in whatever form, possibly consume Marie's memory as runes, which is one reason why she lost her memory until she was taken off the program 2 years ago. Also, we could see that besides Saki, Satomi the council president also still lives 200 years later - the question is how he became an immortal (i.e. magius) when he is not one now. And from how Satomi corrected the prince's addressing him as Renbo (should be Renboukouji !), we can also deduce that most likely Akira also lives on 200 years later and is being addressed by the prince as Kyoubo-sama (Godmother).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2013 3:13 PM

Jun 2012
Marie getting shot in the head surprised me because it came out of nowhere, but I wasn't surprised that L-Elf would do something as rash as that. Such a clean headshot too. lol

So one thing that has somewhat bothered me. Why does Haruto choose to only suck L-Elf's blood? That seems like that is going towards yaoi. If I was a Vampire, I would be sucking the blood of sexy women and I would make it sexy. That's as long as they wouldn't die. lol

I'm loving this series though.
Oct 29, 2013 4:25 AM

Dec 2011
Eruerufuu used a dying will bullet.

end of discussion
Oct 30, 2013 6:37 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty intense episode ^^
I like L-Elf's way of handling things xD

Oct 30, 2013 11:24 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode, some surprises
Oct 31, 2013 9:29 PM

Nov 2009
TheTsunami said:
From the beginning sequence of the ep, it was pretty easy to figure out what would happen. They discuss the "first" kamitsuki and say that she was 11 years old when she became one, and also mentioned that they do not age. Once Pino recognized her, it was easy to deduce (they even made a point of having Marie reference her 'flatness' in the previous episode with Akira to further get the point across that she was under-developed, which would make sense if she was permanently in the body of an 11 year old).

Leio said:
What if Marie was the girl Saki she mentioned as 'humanity's first Kamitsuki at the age of 11'. Since she has no memory 5 years ago, it might make sense.

And it seems Saki might've married Rembokouji (who became a Kamitsuki, too) in the future, since she's the Godmother of that prince and Rembokouji said she has the same surname as he.

Part 1: correct.
Part 2: I'm not getting that feeling yet. Children often have multiple god-parents, so it is likely that the one he is referencing is Akira.

Possible, but I think the 'Godmother' Rembokouji is referring to is Saki.
Nov 3, 2013 12:21 AM

Jul 2008
Well the WTF endings just keep on coming huh? So there are 6 of them now.
Nov 3, 2013 5:29 AM
May 2012
I can't believe NO one seems to agreed with me... I guess I'm the only one who being such over-emotional in this show. And nobody's here with me.

I mean, WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!
Nov 9, 2013 2:46 PM

Apr 2010
Marie being part of the special breed doesn't surprise me especially after the talk with Haruto's Operating system of his Valvrave.
I wonder how this will effect him tho, he was shocked by the shot of L-Eleven but judging from his looks L-Eleven was just as surprised about it.
Nov 20, 2013 2:27 AM

Jan 2011
Well that was a surprise...and just when I thought that L-Eleven might be mellowing by allowing those kids to live. It didn't surprise me as much when Marie rose from the dead. Hey guys, you're immortal vampires. Don't get angsty about it, just deal with it...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 15, 2013 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
Wha-wha-wha-wha what ? Marie ?
Dec 16, 2013 3:06 AM

Nov 2012
Haruto's bitching about Marie getting shot... Why does he not realize he's the reason she got shot in the first place? D:<
Dec 23, 2013 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
Oh shit. Marie. She didn't remember about herself. What is she? I think she is not just a pilot of a Valvrave.
Jan 5, 2014 7:10 AM

Jun 2008
babymilo91 said:
I had a feeling that she was gonna get up after getting shot.

Anyone who didn't expect her to get up after her conversation with the little rape OS and having someone like L-Elf shooting at her at a time when she was just developing should go shoot themselves cause their brain capacity is non existence.
It was as certain she will get up as the sun rising in the morning.
Jan 8, 2014 12:14 PM

Mar 2012
Oh hey, we're in the middle of an important mission, but you know I can tell you who I am, but by telling you this now...we may all be dead because I forgot I had a role in the mission! Meh, decent episode.

Marie demanding to know who Haruto is, but she don't even who she really is, lol

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 9, 2014 5:07 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

After a long time, return to view this anime, but it is not a problem, because I do not have time to think so much good plot and engaging storytelling.
Plot that leads us to discover a new piece of the past L-Elf and also what lies behind Marie unexpectedly, but the most interesting thing for me, is the beginning of the story! * _ *
Narrative with well-chosen times, there is no rush and is difficult to understand everything that happens, then there are so many twists that make it so addictive, Yay! : D
Drawings and animations very good, Sunrise has worked well with the CG mecha! ^ _ ^
Satisfied, I can not wait to finish the series, now that it's over!
May 9, 2014 2:21 AM

Feb 2013
Holy shit! I thought for sure Marie died right there and now. IT was a clean perfect headshot! So I guess Marie isn't human too. She's a kamitsuki? Maybe this has something to do with her losing her memory and why Pino knows her. I really interested in her past. Damn L-Elf?! Couldn't you just tell her to be quiet and not tell anyone about it instead of freaking shooting her in the head. Damn is he cold! The new OP and ED are starting on grow on me. Great episode!
Jun 15, 2014 6:46 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I had a feeling Marie would survive. She's a mysterious girl that somehow has a past with the Valvraves considering how that AI knows her. So to kill her off would mean questions left unanswered. Although I had a feeling L Elf would be mad and interrupt their conversation.

The opening scene looked like Satomi and Saki spending time with their child with whitish hair which looks like L Elf.

Sep 18, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
The future scenes at the beginning of episodes are bothering me... I feel that if I didn't see someone there then they probably died or something.

When Marie took a bullet in her temple I was like yeah bitch that's kinda your fault for butting in too much in other people's business. But then she.... wow.
May 28, 2015 9:09 PM

Feb 2012
L-Elf was like,"Dude, I am a veteran at this sh*t, you don't wanna mess me with you noobs." to those two Karlstein cadets.

2021 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusMar 23, 2021 3:13 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 17, 2016 7:42 PM

Jul 2009
Valvrave's weakness is it overheats too much. Seriously WTF. these things wouldn't last on combat when it comes to Gundams.

So Marie knows Pino the OS. I hope we get to learn more about these two in the future. That point blank headshot was soo clean.

That's L-elf for you. Shut the fuck up Haruto and just die already.
Mar 21, 2017 9:52 PM

Jun 2009
WTF ERUERFUFUER YOU DON'T JUST SHOOT PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY TALK TOO MUCH.
Jul 17, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2015
I was surprised that L-Elf shot Marie, but what didn't surprise me was the fact that she didn't 'die'. Her past is still unknown, and she had some form of connection to that OS or whatever, so it was somewhat implied that she'd possess some sort of power as well. Still curious about that kid in the beginning tho. If it is L-Elf and Saki's son, then I've changed my mind, I don't really mind at all if they get together, but I don't think that'll be the case. We did see the princess an episode or 2 ago, so it could potentially be L-Elf and that princess' son???? who knows. But from the looks of how this anime is turning out, it seems like Haruto's probably going to die in the end. Yes, he is immortal, but he's probably gonna end up finding an 'end' to that curse thing or w/e, which will most likely result in his death; calling it rn.

caught in the wonder
Mar 22, 2020 5:32 AM
Nov 2014
The biggest problem with the show is that the characters make so many mistakes that wuld cost them everything in a scenario even 5% more realistic. Then they can only be saved through enemy stupidity and deus ex machina.

Mar 28, 2021 8:21 PM
Nov 2014
i hate l-elf for what he did to marie in this episode lol. (she meant no harm + a fellow friend from S1 and you just shot her head like she was an enemy) haruto is still the best ''main character'' in the series for me.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

474 by valoon »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.