Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 21, 2013 7:44 AM

Jul 2012
I love this so much.

Dat OST.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 21, 2013 8:17 AM

May 2010
AVPDRONE said:
were the hell is aragi-kun

I'm asking the same question throughout watching however again the shower scene....FANTASTIC

Jul 21, 2013 8:19 AM

Apr 2010
The second place that burned down in a short time suggesting someone might be putting those places on fire and somehow it seems to be related to Tsubasa and Araragi.
It's also safe to assume that Araragi is most likely busy with that.

On a side note when did Karan and Senjougahara meet?
I can't seem to remember they ever did but it could just be me.

I also wonder about Araragi parents they never really made a appearance in the anime they where mentioned a few times before tho.
And are they never worried about their son who not comes home for several days at a time?
Jul 21, 2013 9:56 AM

Jan 2012
That was a fun episode, seeing most of the other cast!! XD
Wondering how the school building got burnt... R.I.P :(
Jul 21, 2013 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Shinobuuu <33 woah, she is so talkative here ^^
Jul 21, 2013 10:34 AM

May 2010
Really liked the continuation of last ep's interaction.. Gahara-joke FTW!!

And not used to Kanbaru with a longer hair and boyish voice..
Fire sisters on the otherhand, still looking good..
Jul 21, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2009
Cant wait for this Nekomonogatari: Shiro arc to be over, I am so tierd and bored of Tsubasa that I feel sick >,>
And give me back the old Hitagi from Bakemonogatari (; ̄Д ̄)
Jul 21, 2013 11:36 AM

Aug 2010
Levy-chaan said:
Shinobuuu <33 woah, she is so talkative here ^^

She was also very talkative in Nisemonogatari.

I'm so glad to see Shinobu again. This arc just got much better.
Jul 21, 2013 1:16 PM

Nov 2012
just watch the sub version couple hours ago..

damn this episode is really cool.. and yes of course it because shinobu is show up :p that smile of shinobu when she is talking about napoleon XD DAMN LOVE IT! XD

and that old building get burned? hmm.... what kanbaru and araragi doing I wonder :/
Jul 21, 2013 1:59 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, now nearly every girl that had long hair in season one have short hair lol, btw when will Araragi appear?

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jul 21, 2013 2:02 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, now nearly every girl that had long hair in season one have short hair, and even Kanbaru previously had short hair and now is long lol, anyway WILL ARARAGI EVER APPEAR?!

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jul 21, 2013 2:09 PM

Aug 2012
Jul 21, 2013 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
^ LOL saved.
Jul 21, 2013 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
Shinobu is back yea!!!
Jul 21, 2013 3:55 PM

Apr 2010
mugimugi said:
Aversa said:

One of the last lines in the Nisemonogatari anime:
"Once summer break ends, I'll introduce you to my girlfriend"
That's exactly the reason why i was asking i would have loved to see the meeting of Senjougahara and the Araragi sisters.
It would definitely have made for a interesting and good laugh.

mugimugi said:
Remember Koyomi staying away from home on mother's day? He used to skip school (because he couldn't keep up at the smart student class) and all that, so he was actually quite the trouble maker for his parents.
I do remember the mothers day episode Senjougahara and Araragi had a long talk in front of a apartment complex.
I just wondered about their parent's because they do seem to have a good relationship as siblings so i thought they might be a nice family together.
And it's normal for a parent to worry about their children isn't it.
Jul 21, 2013 5:35 PM
Jan 2010
I like most of the new haircuts but monkey's hair is absolutely terrible.
Jul 21, 2013 6:15 PM

Jul 2010
Shinobu and Kanbaru! awesome episode, but really, the whole place got burned? i really liked that building for some reason xd.
Jul 21, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2012
iLostReason said:
Shinobu and Kanbaru! awesome episode, but really, the whole place got burned? i really liked that building for some reason xd.

Yeah I think I was more attached to it than Shinobu (Kizu will do that to ya)..
Jul 21, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
iLostReason said:
I second that.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 21, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2012
AlexTheRiot said:

Do you know what you have done?
Jul 21, 2013 9:52 PM

Aug 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Do you know what you have done?

hehe yes, but you're the only one that made it work so far by quoting it
Jul 21, 2013 11:29 PM
Jul 2013
Why TSUBASA's house was fired ?
You shoud watch the A part of Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 .
Jul 21, 2013 11:40 PM

Dec 2011
All of the characters we know now have the opposite of their hairstyles. Long hair - short or vice-versa.

And wow, the cram school burned down! Holy. Can't wait to see what Araragi and Oshino is up to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2013 1:54 AM

Aug 2012
KYAAA! xD Finally! my Karen Waifu showed up!! this is too much for me! i need some time to breath for now! And i love that they keep kitamura as her VA!!! She complete my day!
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Jul 22, 2013 2:04 AM

Jul 2009
The Gahara Style.. epic
"And a cat, meow".. i died there.
Nice episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2013 2:05 AM

Oct 2012
Rewston said:
Cant wait for this Nekomonogatari: Shiro arc to be over, I am so tierd and bored of Tsubasa that I feel sick >,>
And give me back the old Hitagi from Bakemonogatari (; ̄Д ̄)
I was never really a fan of her before this season, but I'm really liking how everything's going so far. And I don't mind Araragi's absence, because I'm assuming he's going to make a big splash when he does eventually return. I need to get around to reading the books.

Karen and Hitagi both looked way better with ponytails (because ponytails), but Hitagi's new hairdo is definitely growing on me.
Jul 22, 2013 5:14 AM

Sep 2011
I really really hope he'll appear on the next episode.

Also, fuck yeah Karen appeared though I'm still getting depressed when I'm seeing her short hair.
TennoujiJul 22, 2013 5:18 AM

Jul 22, 2013 5:16 AM

Apr 2012
Senjougahara's accidental slip back into her old character was hilarious, I had to pause for a minute there from laughing. I like that she's a heavier feature this season, my main complaint regarding Nisemonogatari was that I missed having her around as she's one of my all time favourite characters.

I agree about Araragi, I think his absence is okay because the chances are that when he comes back it'll be worth the wait. It's also pretty cool to see the characters interacting without him, it's weird but interesting.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
Jul 22, 2013 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
JacobGrey93 said:
I like that she's a heavier feature this season, my main complaint regarding Nisemonogatari was that I missed having her around as she's one of my all time favourite characters.

Same here it was my main beef with Nise.
Jul 22, 2013 5:25 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
What are the full metal alchemist references everyone is talking about? I'm must have missed it..
Someone else in this thread also noticed it? I thought I was the only one... Anyway, it's on the notebook that Hanekawa flipped in classroom (and was drawn by Senjougahara)

Anyway..

I ended up watching the conversation between Shinobu and Cat Hanekawa THREE TIMES IN ROW because I just love how the scene was presented in the anime and how the two seiyuu delivered the lines. It's superb.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 22, 2013 6:12 AM

Jul 2011
What the hell is going on with all these strange haircuts ??? and I wanted to see when Araragi presents Senjougahara for the first time to his sisters...
ainkyJul 22, 2013 7:25 AM
Jul 22, 2013 6:27 AM

Jun 2008
Every time i hear Senjougahara talk with that usual style of hers i get a hard on. Lol at how she manipulated Karen.
Jul 22, 2013 8:01 AM

Apr 2012
symbv said:
tsudecimo said:
What are the full metal alchemist references everyone is talking about? I'm must have missed it..
Someone else in this thread also noticed it? I thought I was the only one... Anyway, it's on the notebook that Hanekawa flipped in classroom (and was drawn by Senjougahara)

Anyway..

I ended up watching the conversation between Shinobu and Cat Hanekawa THREE TIMES IN ROW because I just love how the scene was presented in the anime and how the two seiyuu delivered the lines. It's superb.

Yeah, that scene really stuck out for me as well actually, I just really enjoyed watching it.

I'd love for Shinobu to become a bigger character within the series, considering her past as a renowned powerful vampire I'm sure there are a few skeletons in her closet that could come back to haunt her and that'd be really interesting to see. I'd like to see her grown up though, she's charming as she is but I'd rather have the vamp as a sexy older vamp.

I'm liking that the characters change their appearances reasonably often anyway, it's better than the shounen anime effect where they never change their clothes.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!

Jul 22, 2013 8:15 AM

Jun 2012
JacobGrey93 said:
Senjougahara's accidental slip back into her old character was hilarious, I had to pause for a minute there from laughing. I like that she's a heavier feature this season, my main complaint regarding Nisemonogatari was that I missed having her around as she's one of my all time favourite characters.

Agreed, I hope we'll see her a lot more from now on.

I don't like Karen's new hair. -_-

Jul 22, 2013 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
Yeah, I read Kizumonogatari and I really liked it, it's very well written as far as I'm concerned; I always really liked the first 30 seconds of the first episode of Bakemonogatari with the little snippet of Kizumonogatari, it looked really exciting. I'd like to see Araragi in a slightly more badass category at least once, I mean most of the time he wins by talking or by being saved by someone.

I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the season then.

Jul 22, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2013
symbv said:

Wow, I thought I would be the only one to do that, that scene has become one of my favourites of all the (animated) Monogatari Series.
Jul 22, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2010
I really love Tsukihi's hairstyle and also loved when Gahara-san tricked Karen XD

Kanbaru's back.Good to see her again

5/5
Jul 22, 2013 8:50 PM

Jun 2013
Love it!
-Gahara Joke
-Kanbaru appear (in long hair)
-Fire Sisters
-ARARAGI SHINOBU
That's!
Jul 22, 2013 9:22 PM

Jul 2012
kamimashita said:
oh my gosh I literally w00t'd when Shinobu appeared!!!

awesomeness its starting finally
Jul 22, 2013 11:51 PM

Jan 2011
This show.... so bad, rly so bad.
I tell that after every new season but this season actually managed to become even worse than the previous one...
Jul 23, 2013 12:52 AM

Nov 2012
bsidebg said:
I tell that after every new season but this season actually managed to become even worse than the previous one...

useless post bro.. -_-
seriously.. just drop it if you dont like it.. :/
Jul 23, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
bsidebg said:

It's on its third episode...

Jul 23, 2013 2:38 PM

Jun 2012
I started watching the Monogatari sereis last week and DAMN I'm addicted to it! I can't believed I lived this long without knowing such a gracefull tsundere like Senjougahara XD

The story is very well put together, the characters are likable and the writing is really clever. I LOVE IT! I watched everything in a few days. That's so sad. This just keeps getting better and better.

I gotta say I'm one of those who doesnt't like Hitagi's new hair cut (ponytails are ponytails), but since it's her... I'm still in love.
Jul 23, 2013 3:29 PM

Jun 2012
mugimugi said:
Hitagi isn't actually tsundere. She showed no emotions because of the crab and it's (after)effect on her. But she's pretty straight forward in telling someone her emotions, considering how fast she confessed to Koyomi and that she's more or less the leading force in their relationship. And she also has no restraint "harassing" other people she likes, like Tsubasa or the implied lesbian relationship with Kanbaru from the past.

Well I do know she's not exactly a tsundere since they're usually more on the mood swing thing and are usually very plain characters. Senjougara is more complex than that and sometime comes out as more of a psycho.

She does resemble a tsundere in some aspects though, since it's clear that her behavior is a type a wall she build around her to protect herself.

I think that if you were to put a tsundere, an yandere and a kuudere in a blender... than took out ALL the dere you could get something close to her. But since she considers herself a tsundere, even if wrongly I wouldn't dare to defy her logic. All stationary considered.

By the way I'm a big fan off TvTropes so I love to talk about all this useless stuff.
BillyMKJul 23, 2013 3:34 PM
Jul 23, 2013 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
In all fairness, Oshino's nickname for her in the first few episodes was 'The Tsundere'. That said I agree that she's harder to categorise, likely being more yandere than tsundere, she's still one of the best written characters in anime.

Jul 23, 2013 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
mugimugi said:

Yeah, but as keep in mind most of those characters are mostly acting, beeing sarcastic or whatever. Koyomi does it often, as well as Hitagi (most of her jokes are based on that) and Kanbaru. Their true personality can either be puzzled together or by watching/reading the upcoming stories. It's a bit easier to understand the characters in the novels since the written form gives away a rather demonstration of those characters and their actions/dialogue. At least in my opinion.

I do know they're mosting pretenting (and that's what I find fun about her character), they're not one-dimensional.

I did started reading the novel (I read Hitagi Crab for now, on baka-tsuki), unfortunately it isn't entirely translated, or at least I couldn't find it. It's much more detailed and helped me understand the crab problem a little better. And I love sarcasm I couldn't stop laughing. The anime on the other hand gives us all that fast passed dialog, the expressions and that glorious voice acting.
BillyMKJul 23, 2013 4:07 PM
Jul 23, 2013 4:43 PM

Jun 2012
mugimugi said:
Yeah the voice acting is brilliant. But you'll know what I am talking about when you reach parts with Kanbaru. She left a completely different impression on me in the novel.

Just out of curiosity, did you perhaps read the novel in japanese? Because I couldn't find a translated version of Suruga Monkey. In fact one Kizu, Neko and the first two stories from Bake were fully translated
Jul 23, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
when will the main male make a appearance?
Jul 23, 2013 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
GGNoodles said:
when will the main male make a appearance?

Episode 5
Jul 23, 2013 8:38 PM

Aug 2012
^c'mon man, use spoiler tags.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.