Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 18, 2014 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty good movie :)
7/10
Jul 18, 2014 8:34 PM

Oct 2013
hahah I though it was pretty badass
I knew that guy was going to turn out to be the mastermind behind it all
it was way to convenient for him to show up when he did
Pretty good though as a bleach fan I enjoyed it
[/quote]
Jun 10, 2015 1:51 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I find it amusing that the one time someone tells Ichigo to butt out of Soul Society's affairs, the bad guys put Ichigo into the center of the story. Thank you! (Nah not really, but whatever).

I thought this was a really good movie compared to the previous three. They built up the story nicely without getting into battles and the art seems somewhat better. They don't force too many fight scenes with different characters and the setting is different from our usual Sereitei.

What Bleach really needs to improve on is the character development/more effort in their antagonists. When the fiery guy died so easily, I was like, "Wait. That's it?". Kokuto was alright, but maybe a few flashback scenes of his sister would have been nice.

Anyways, it was a good movie in Bleach standards. I gave it a 7/10.
Feb 29, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
I also expected to see Ulqiorra there after that start but nope. Even though we saw Szyalopporo and that other guy in the prologue episode.

I really enjoyed it anyway.

I did not expect that guy to turn out to be the one who wanted to use Ichigo to escape after seeing him fight Ulquiorra. I also think it would've been nice to have seen flashbacks of his sister.

I really did think he just wanted to help Ichigo to get the fire hands dude to get the Soul Society to let him out fo helping.

Ichigo was really sweet at the start to that ghost boy :3

It looks really great and cinematic as always. Love the art <3

The Soul Society was like "Ichigo, stay outta this" but the baddie was like "nopeeeeeeeee" lol.

Ichigo at the end with that golden form after going Hollow crazy was awesome! I can't believe the things in hell gave him their power to do that.

But he really should've stayed golden at the end so they didn't attack him. I really think the tag line of the movie should have been "stay golden" lol. Would've been awesome.
stephtastropheFeb 29, 2016 1:29 PM
Jun 18, 2016 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed this film, probably my favorite Bleach movie, even though I thought Ichigo's hell form was pretty lame.
Jul 25, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
gave it 7/10 because of ichigos last transformation which was given by hell itself. tHE movie was badass and dark which was awesome and better than other bleach movies.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 27, 2016 5:40 AM

Oct 2007
Absolutely shitty story.

First of all the bad guy wasn't a bad guy. He was basically a vigilante and hell acted like a human institution of authority ...

Kokuto should have escaped, but there was the asspull nonsense where ichigo gains random power up and once he removes the asspull power up, all those hell things start attacking him. What a bunch of bullocks, it's not even funny.
bloodiemonster said:
hahah I though it was pretty badass
I knew that guy was going to turn out to be the mastermind behind it all
it was way to convenient for him to show up when he did
Pretty good though as a bleach fan I enjoyed it

he wasn't the mastermind ... those other guys were operating on their own and wanting to destroy the gates, while his plan was to destroy the chains

get it?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AversaJul 27, 2016 7:27 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2017 8:33 AM

Jun 2015
This movie is better than I thought. I wasn't excited to watch when I saw the episode special they made in the series but it turned out it was worth watching.

Ichigo looked so badass in that Kushanada mask.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 11, 2017 5:12 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 2, 2017 3:22 PM

Apr 2009
oh my horny mother of god, that opening made me so excited i can barely sit still. agh- Ichigo hollow vs. Ulquiorra -yes, Yes- YESSSS!!!

holy hell i didn't expect this thing to begin so ffing awesomely when comparing to the other 3 movies, and the series... oh go...
.....i have to rewind and watch it another 80 times, mhhh..

okay, i quit after 5, to be honest, i had to watch the rest of the movie... but ffff- graphics, music, sound.... tell me where i can find something this amazing ;_;'?!!

hmh, just once i'd like to see someone getting mercilessly crushed beneath a heavy object in this anime, ....but the animation's still pretty good past the opening too, that sky, so purple .w.~!

....i kept thinking it was Ulquiorra who had come to haunt him.... peh.

whelp. that school is ffing ruined :/

o-ho-ho, jigoku no mon, still as impressive as ever. too bad you barely got to see it in the anime at all ._.

dang, must be horrid to be Ichigo's sisters, considering how much super-weird stuff happen to them all the time.

hey look- it's Kakashi _xD!!
-but that voice, lol..

ouch, Sado did NOT take that too well .w.'
-ffing hell; stealing his defenseless lil' sis... evil...

..Kakashi reminds me a bit of Ban from Nana Taizai... that attitude and stuff _xD

hm, yeah, so now while you're in hell to rescue Yuzu, who's taking care of Karin..?

BLOOD 8D!!!!!
wow, those guards are...... ffing awesome ;W;

...Hollow *w*?!
huehuehue, oyyeah, Ishida, things went kinda brown when Ichigo was fighting in hueco mundo, no ;D?

oooh, tentacles .w.
GAH! naked-

wow, even the ripples on the fat-... this animation ;w;'
BLOOD 8D!!!

"cool guys don't look at explosions" eh?

...i would love to know the origin story of mr. Tentacles..

...you slipped and fell/slid down a few stairs... why'd you make such a big deal outta it _xD?!

yeah, fuck walking, screw all this sand and distance, dat's your sister there!- and then you'll use bankai, and mask, and accidentally slice her in half. -seriously, what's up with these guy's voices..?
...is Yuzu in a crotch-cage? ....hentai no yatsu .w.

...but didn't the anime kinda spoil that there'd be some espada hiding in here..?
-..daang, nice animation TwT

ouch, Kakashi-san, just ouch.
..."MH!" -...nice attack-line _xD

....his getsuga tensho is the getsuga tensho that'll pierce the heavens?

nyueheheha! -how long can you stay as just the mask Ichigo 8D?!
WOAH! nuklear!
ouch-...
...ewww..
so, Kakashi was bad then, eh, go figure.
.....beh, no fancy no more, my interest in him has depleted.

naaawhhh- that's heart-wrenching!
ohohoho!!! Hollow 8D!
i'm impressed he's still got his priorities straight tho, still rescuing Yuzu ;w;'
wow... that scream... chills ;w;

...it's so ffing beautiful ;W;
...horn-cut
BISHIE *W*!!

wow, in custody, i bet my entire fat ass that he's still heartbroken if Yuzu's actually dead..
ohhey, Inoue. ...ohfffff........ oh my GOD, what the hell X_D?!!
holy huff- she's really dead _xD?!
...pshh, jiji, as if Ichigo cares about all those people when his sister's in danger -w-?

oh, Byakuya here to slap you about his little sister being stuck in hell?
...you're crying and screaming on the inside, aren't ya Byakuya? WOAH! he actually made an expression 8D?!!
wow, i can't even express in words how excited i keep getting over this movie _:'D

-explanation please, why did the chain disappear?
Ukitake 8D!

Kushanada 8D!
so cool and creepy <3
unf- that music.

"Yuzu's all right." <--how?! ...how did.. why did they disappear?!
ewwwww-.... look at those guys, all brown and shit..
NAKED!-oh.... instant censor.

.....wow, just wow, so-.... they've just died X-amount of times while Ichigo was back home, but that's Ishida's real body, isn't it? omfg, this is so messed up, i love it _xD

OUCH!
OOOP- that was not cool _XD
..nom-nom, eat the white stuff Ichigo?

"the one who destroyed hell"- what an impressive title.
....and so pretty <3
.....yep, all them Kushanada will die-...

waiii, i love the echo-voice <3!!
...Bishigo XD!

...are you sucking up their Reiatsu?
woa-... ..King of Hell _XD?!

hoo-... bwahahahaha, Hell lending a hand to a human, ffing amazing _xD!

OLDER BROTHER!
BLOOOD 8D!!!

...bwahahaha! no worries; your chains were just being replaced by new and improved ones X_D!!

"All sorts of things cling to you" -lol, wtf.
..awhhh, this ending _xD
na'whhh.....

only one thing not too excellent about this movie, or possibly two;
Yuzu's chain... how did it go away/why didn't she turn into something else, how'd she get better?

and the guy down in Hell meeting with Ichigo.... did he even do anything at all? Kakashi could have just taken over once they got to the hiding place..
-or wassit Kakashi's plan to deceive all of them and they weren't actually in on it...?

wow, post-credits, so buttiful ;w;'!
...but how did Karin know about Yuzu being dead...? ....mystery ==!

-excellent movie, my post stretches for miles, no one will ever read it _xD!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 20, 2018 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Opening the movie with that Ichigo vs Ulquiorra remaster was awesome as - dare I say it - Hell. After that, the movie was decent but basically boiled down to Ichigo saving another girl. Maybe it's just because I haven't watched Bleach in years, but this was definitely underwhelming in comparison to my memory of it. It felt more like I was watching a filler with great action scenes.

Still, it's the fights that keep me crawling back to this series. I'll also say that the whole theme with why Kokuto was in hell and would be forever trapped gave it a bit more depth, though not necessarily as many circles as Dante's Inferno.

7/10
Oct 13, 2019 2:53 PM

Mar 2012
I think this edges out Fade to Black as my favorite of the Bleach movies....really hope for an animated continuation of the main series some day...i waited an eternity to watch these movies, but now I have nothing else to quell my desire for more Bleach

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 9, 2019 12:20 AM

Nov 2019
My favorite Bleach movie!!!
9/10
May 18, 2020 7:03 PM
Jul 2009
This movie is supremely badass and is way better than any of the other Bleach movies.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 31, 2020 7:16 AM
Mar 2019
The soundtrack is the only thing that holds it up. Kudos to Shiro Sagisu
Oct 18, 2020 4:47 AM

Jan 2016
Seems like best Bleach movie to this point. It's on par with Memories of Nobody for me if not slightly better. Yeah, the plot is quite basic, but it's not always about plot. If it can bring forth some emotional moments then it's good enough for me to call it good movie.
6/10 for me. Means good movie. I liked it.
Mar 18, 2021 4:33 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It took Bleach four movies to impress me, it was a decent watch.
Sep 27, 2021 3:54 PM

May 2015
I watched this while it was premiering in 2010.. rewatched 5 times already..

The massive, sweeping cero followed by nuclear sized explosions is the coolest thing ever and my favorite attack in the entire bleach series.
I dunno why, but there's just something about explosive lasers that makes me happy
May 26, 2022 8:01 PM

Nov 2010
Very nice fan service movie! Non stop action from start to finish, starting with one of the badass fights in the series. It was very entertaining! It's the best out of the four for me. 8/10
Jun 19, 2022 5:05 AM
Oct 2019
did they redid the Animation for Ulquiorra vs Ichigo in the opening scene?
it looks better than what we got in the series right?

If only the showing us flashback backstory about Kokuto and his sister, i think it will adding more depth to his character.

Story was average at best, so they showing us Shrieker in the Prologue Episode 299 and he didn't even in this movie.. wtf was that for? lol
also Espada 8 and 9 was in hell, so i thought the others will showing up in this movie.
so the Prologue was kinda useless except just an introduction for Shuren.

Animation fight was really good, Bleach Movie Animation was all we wish for the Series.
really enjoying just for the Animation.

how did Yuzu come back alive? Ichigo Will Power?
they didn't even explained it at all.. lmao

they ending it with Ichigo get sudden power up that we will never see it again lol
interesting form though.

6/10 just because the Animation.

so for now my Ranking for Bleach Movie is:
1. Memories of Nobody
2. Fade to Black
3. Hell Verse
4. The Diamond Dust Rebellion

(might changed in the future if i decided to rewatched it again)
davidyodo24Jun 19, 2022 5:36 AM
Jun 23, 2022 1:48 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Same like the 3rd movie, I thought the ideas were interesting. But the execution has, once again, let the movie down. For a change though, I kind of liked this movie even then.

It’s hard to make sense exactly why but I could feel a lot of love and passion for this. Obviously, the animation is fairly self-explanatory, but that final scene of the two sisters for example just left a smile on my face.

On the other side of things, no idea how Yuzu managed to recover out of the blue there nor how Ichigo suddenly became the leader of Hell xD.

My mind says 6/10 but my heart says 6.5/10 (=> 7/10). Guess I’ll stick with the latter for now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 27, 2022 10:44 PM
Jul 2021
act 1 and 3 are doodoo, the twist was terrible
Nov 26, 2022 12:54 AM
Aug 2012
not bad! the level of animation and plot was well made!
Still love all the characters and it was delightful to meet them once more!
Dec 25, 2022 6:47 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
It was awesome to see Ichigo's Vasto Lorde form again and ABOUT HELL. I wanted to see what hell was like. 10/10
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 5, 2023 9:09 PM

Aug 2016
The prologue episode made it seem like the Espada would appear, yet there wasn't even a hint of them in this movie.

I have no idea how Yuzu recovered.

Great soundtrack. Great animation. Story was typical Bleach stuff. 6/10.
HypnuclearFeb 5, 2023 11:28 PM
Aug 31, 2023 4:54 PM
Apr 2021
The Hell armor while gimmicky and non-canonical is still badass and makes my inner 7 year old squeal with glee!
Oct 2, 2023 10:41 AM
Nov 2021
Best Nothing Else to Say for it because people who know about it can relate to it
Oct 16, 2023 12:06 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty good film overall, unfortunately it probably will forever feel like ,,The Ichigo Vaste Lorde fanservice movie'' , pacing was pretty great for a film like this, its a shame more Bleach cast wasn't involved in it more, even Yamamoto, Toshiro, Byakuya felt like they were around for too short amount of time. Watching this film years apart after seeing other Bleach films doesn't change much for me, all of them are pretty similar so ranking them is just a hard task.

7.3/10
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Story?

KaeroSnow - Oct 9, 2010

4 by HozayfaHB »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:51 AM

» For those who have watched the new theatrical run of Hell verse...

MKTun - Aug 25, 2022

3 by cchigu »»
Aug 26, 2022 7:53 AM

» Do i have to watch episode 299 first?

El-Psy__Congroo - Aug 17, 2022

4 by zyume »»
Aug 17, 2022 11:13 PM

» Hell-Verse anniversary AMC theatres re-release?!

Zen98 - Jul 2, 2022

2 by YusufRed »»
Jul 2, 2022 10:46 AM

» Bleach "That's Impossbile"

-Madara- - Feb 14, 2013

17 by Mack_Yeager »»
May 11, 2021 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.