Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 24, 2011 5:30 PM

Nov 2010
IndexFanboy214 said:
wow we got some people here who saw Railgun first :p
D:! How'd you know?!!!!!
Jan 24, 2011 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
Gangler said:

Not arguing with you there. I just don't see how any of this means the man doesn't believe he's answering to a higher power.

Also, it seems to be a pretty strong residing theme within this series that despite putting on a pleasant face for the general public, most religions are still as very much as they were during the middle ages. cross-priest (forget if we know his name), probably has been treated to far more of the medieval "Our cause is holy, we must destroy the unbelievers as they are an afront to our lord" dogma and far less of the "Live and let live" aspects of the religion. Yes, the bible preaches against killing, but damned if there aren't a thousand and one things that can be interpreted as loopholes allowing horrible atrocities.

You keep saying he is not a man of religion. He quite plainly is. If that religion doesn't conform to the happy go lucky faith you think a religion should be then I don't see how that changes anything. The only real reason religion is so tame today is because society limits their power in a lot of ways. If you think that there's nothing in the bible that supports mass killings then you likely haven't actually read the book.
It's true that i didn't read the Bible or the Koran and most of my knowledge about the Bible and the Koran talking with people about it.
To be honest i am a Atheist tho i talked to allot of people from varies religions about religion.
There are good things to religion it gives hope to some people and for some it gives a purpose for being.
But there also bad things about it one being like you mentioned that it can be interpreted in many ways and some being the things i pointed out in previous post.

About the Bishop not answering a higher power.
I draws that conclusion because first of all he is attacking his own men who despite being prisoners are still of the same religion as him.
And that he didn't care about hitting the shore.
But my main reason is the fact that he is aiming to attack Venice (At least this is what is suggested during the episode) which is also a city of which most residents are Catholic just like him.
And i don't see what he would gain from attacking it and even going as far as erasing it's history from a religious point of view.
As a matter of fact i only see losses from a religious point of view.
Jan 25, 2011 9:48 AM

Aug 2008
Well it's nice knowing Sister Lucia & Angelene were childhood friends with Agnese. I thought they had more of a boss-subordinate relationship.
Jan 25, 2011 10:41 AM

Sep 2008
Aversa said:
It's true that i didn't read the Bible or the Koran and most of my knowledge about the Bible and the Koran talking with people about it.
To be honest i am a Atheist tho i talked to allot of people from varies religions about religion.
There are good things to religion it gives hope to some people and for some it gives a purpose for being.
But there also bad things about it one being like you mentioned that it can be interpreted in many ways and some being the things i pointed out in previous post.

About the Bishop not answering a higher power.
I draws that conclusion because first of all he is attacking his own men who despite being prisoners are still of the same religion as him.
And that he didn't care about hitting the shore.
But my main reason is the fact that he is aiming to attack Venice (At least this is what is suggested during the episode) which is also a city of which most residents are Catholic just like him.
And i don't see what he would gain from attacking it and even going as far as erasing it's history from a religious point of view.
As a matter of fact i only see losses from a religious point of view.

Ah that makes sense. I see where you're coming from now. That's actually a pretty well thought out point of view. I'd just keep in mind that we don't really know what the big plan is yet. In point of fact that's really the problem. When all we know is that he's trying to destroy a primarily catholic city, and sacrificing much to do so, the conclusions we can come to are limited. Hadn't actually thought of it that way.
Jan 25, 2011 12:27 PM
Jan 2011
Lihn said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
wow we got some people here who saw Railgun first :p
D:! How'd you know?!!!!!

LOL. Its just usually like that. If u saw railgun first u like the railgun characters more (usually)
if u saw index first you like index more. I wasn't a big fan of railgun even when i saw the whole thing in one go. Liked the first half but the second half. O-o

When i first saw index i didn't like misaka. Then she changed(i guess):p.

People who first saw railgun found touma a bit annoying.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jan 25, 2011 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
saxophone15 said:
For some reason this episode didn't excite me that much.
For some reason i had the same exact feeling. It was like events that should excite weren't exciting or something like that.

IndexFanboy214 said:
LOL. Its just usually like that. If u saw railgun first u like the railgun characters more (usually)
if u saw index first you like index more. I wasn't a big fan of railgun even when i saw the whole thing in one go. Liked the first half but the second half. O-o

When i first saw index i didn't like misaka. Then she changed(i guess):p.

People who first saw railgun found touma a bit annoying.
I saw Index first and i still think Touma and Index are annoying characters.
desolatoJan 26, 2011 2:58 AM
Jan 25, 2011 4:10 PM
Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:

if u saw index first you like index more.

I saw Index first, yet Kuroko is still my favourite character.
Jan 25, 2011 4:27 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:

if u saw index first you like index more.

I saw Index first, yet Kuroko is still my favourite character.

Kuroko is an index character.. though she became really popular through railgun. Thats why i said usually because its what i see most of the time. '

People would go" i hate touma hes an annoying character, he ruined misakas plan"

people would respond "you know he is the main character of "" index"

"index, whats that? is that a second season or side story?"

or for example some might think the the skirt flip from this ep was a cameo for saten and uiharu when its actually by these Angelene and Lucia first. Uiharu is also an index character originally but not saten. I think it bothers me more that people don't know the full facts before judging. Sorry railgun fans for the ranting.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jan 25, 2011 7:28 PM

Jul 2010
IndexFanboy214 said:
Kuroko is an index character.. though she became really popular through railgun. Thats why i said usually because its what i see most of the time. '

People would go" i hate touma hes an annoying character, he ruined misakas plan"

people would respond "you know he is the main character of "" index"

"index, whats that? is that a second season or side story?"

or for example some might think the the skirt flip from this ep was a cameo for saten and uiharu when its actually by these Angelene and Lucia first. Uiharu is also an index character originally but not saten. I think it bothers me more that people don't know the full facts before judging. Sorry railgun fans for the ranting.

Actually i didn't liked that author split story in two parts, Majutsu and Railgun. we need one story with all characters and developments and the easy way is what Oriana Thomson was going to do. (damn u touma for stopping her with lame fireworks)i i really want science and magic mixed story. xD everyone need to know what is magic. fights between espers and magicians. that will be fun. not three arcs for magic index with nuns and then one arc for misaka and accelerator and then you got side story railgun and touma is nowhere to be found in 24 episodes. not even accelerator and last order (you're kidding me) oh and i know library city won't be destroyed as far as touma super right punch is there. i don't know why author make this useless borderline between epsers and magicians.
desolatoJan 26, 2011 2:58 AM
Feb 14, 2011 10:25 AM
Nov 2010
wtf is Oscar von Ruenthal doing in this anime LOL
Feb 20, 2011 1:36 PM
Sep 2009
Touma didn't punch anyone? :O
Mar 6, 2011 12:50 PM

Mar 2011
IndexFanboy214 said:
LOL. Its just usually like that. If u saw railgun first u like the railgun characters more (usually).

i too think this is the usual case with people. although, for the record, i would like to state that i saw index first but always loved kuroko and biribiri the most. ^_^
Mar 10, 2011 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty interesting arc so far. Although I can't understand how they can work together so easily now after all what happened two arcs ago.

The main villain is an evil Priest this time huh? No loli punching this time around.

Mar 11, 2011 9:32 AM
Jun 2010
touma and tatayoma looks really similar. Could be his dad for all i know. i know hes not but it would be a nice twist tot he story huh

also NOO SISTER ANGELENELELENENEHELEE
Apr 7, 2011 2:25 PM

Mar 2011
Ah, the thin thread of shaky alliances!

Also, is anyone else reminded of the Tournesol sword from Final Fantasy XII when they see tatamiya's sword. I love the wavy blade!

Wow, Touma really is collecting a harem of women isnt he!
Feb 14, 2012 6:09 PM

Jul 2010
Alexstratz said:
So Touma puts rescuing the lady before saving Venice. Talk about a sense of priorities. xD

saving heroine >= saving city

May 29, 2012 8:30 PM

Jul 2011
Wth I almost fell asleep like 3 times and I really have no idea what made this so boring, but it was. So according to everyone else this is a shitty adaption then? Are the the LNs actually way better?
May 29, 2012 8:41 PM

Jul 2011
Inarius said:
so Touma can break that ice guard, but not the boat, which is prob made from the same material?

oh...the power of plot....and why is that girl keep giving him towels?

anyways, a nice episode overall. I really wanna see the next one, to see what that berserk priest plans to do.

Also time to do, what I usually do in every index thread....post pics!

Enjoy the longest story I've done so far...spanning over the course of 141 screenshots

A Certain Magical Adventure

Wow that was way better than the actual episode good job
Sep 2, 2012 10:45 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Not sure what the bishop dude is trying to accomplish. But doesn't look like he's up to any good!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 20, 2013 10:13 PM

Apr 2012
I like how after Touma touches Agnes' hand and causes her clothes to come apart they bothered to take the time to have Orsola explain why it happened. At this point it is pretty much a given that if Touma walks interacts with a woman for any amount of time, she will end up exposing herself to him. Explanations are unnecessary any more, it's like a fundamental law of the universe.
Feb 2, 2013 10:17 AM

May 2012
Oh boy nice episode and a new character dubbed by one of my favorite voice actors! This show sure is getting more awesome :D nice that they've teamed up with some old familiars and well some more fan service all around :D
Mar 24, 2013 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
Sister Angelene is cute...
LOL Attention! XD
Sep 24, 2013 1:16 PM

Oct 2011
Why do they get angry/embarrassed at Touma when they used his hands to destory what they wear while he isn't even awake?
Oct 28, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
He didn't expose Misaka yet iirc. I guess she reaches her share of embarassing moments with Kuroko alone. Or he didn't spend enough time with her. Maybe we will get some esper-powered clothes in future Railgun arcs, so Touma can dispel them, too. After all, it was nearly only magical side characters so far.
Nov 11, 2013 3:15 PM

Sep 2013
Why isn't Touma able to destroy the ships with his Imagine Breaker even though he can stop the canon balls and all that with it? Was that explained or did I miss that scene? Because that's really bugging me right now.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Nov 11, 2013 3:46 PM
Mar 2013
Knight_Artorias said:
Why isn't Touma able to destroy the ships with his Imagine Breaker even though he can stop the canon balls and all that with it? Was that explained or did I miss that scene? Because that's really bugging me right now.

Apparently the ship was made of solid ice. Only certain sections of the ship were welded together using magic which is why Touma's hand worked on some sections of the ship but not all of them.

As for the cannon balls, I can't remember for sure, but maybe they weren't created using magic/esper abilities? Either that or Touma was worried his hand might be blown off and played it safe.
Nov 11, 2013 4:31 PM

Sep 2013
emeraldrosary said:
Knight_Artorias said:

Apparently the ship was made of solid ice. Only certain sections of the ship were welded together using magic which is why Touma's hand worked on some sections of the ship but not all of them.

As for the cannon balls, I can't remember for sure, but maybe they weren't created using magic/esper abilities? Either that or Touma was worried his hand might be blown off and played it safe.
Ah, thanks. That was quickly answered in the next episode with only one ship completely consisting of magic. But it seemed really weird at the beginning. Nevermind though, thanks!
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Aug 25, 2014 5:51 AM

Dec 2013
Most boring episode to date. Had to rewind some moments 5 times cuz I couldn't focus. This season is a failure. Just gimme Kanzaki again or I'll drop it.
Also no fucking development in Index's character, that's sad and annoying.
Aug 31, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2014
saxophone15 said:
For some reason this episode didn't excite me that much.

^ Yes, it's a subpar arc, even though they are tying the early roman church arc earlier this series together. I didn't really find it awesome at all. It ends next ep. I think.
Sep 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
Im feeling slight fatigue from watching these magic arcs. Hopefully they get into some science ones soon. I want more accelerator!!!!!!!!!! and misaka, as well :]
Jan 1, 2015 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
Is she dead?!! Will they be able to save Agnese?!?
Eh, just kidding. Of course she ain't dead and she'll be saved. Lolis are basically invincible in this show.

Is that wand Index gave Orsola the one that Agnese used against Touma? If so, it's pretty damn powerful, that weapon was so cheated.

Touma again manage to see a nude loli nun. He also was pretty close to see two others. I never thought Orsola could get that violent x)

What's up with that girl and the towel? Does she have a crush on Touma or what? (Like 90% of the girls in that show)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 21, 2016 3:36 AM

Mar 2014
The Queen's fleet within the King's fit ~ . MC womanizing spots ~ .
Well I guess from former allies and some time enemies , to being allies again ~ .
Oho ~ .. this is gonna be another religious dispute after all ~ .
Infiltration against the Appointed time . The Amakusa church is back !!
Very great Episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2016 6:11 PM

Mar 2015
The OP still not changed?? LOL

Another panty flash, LOL XD

The Bishop voiced by Cell and Charles Britania, LOL

4.5/5
Mar 28, 2016 10:33 PM

Mar 2015
Ugh how many more of this Misaka-less episodes do I have to endure?

Jul 5, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 2015
Sad flashback to Agnese's past, slaughtered people. Seems the three were like a little trio from childhood and thats why she wants to save them.

Bishop Biagio.. st.Barbara's holy cannon... He also needs Agnese for something.. (probebly evil).
Jan 20, 2017 10:50 PM

Dec 2013
Towel girl is a part of his harem.

Cool seeing so many characters returning in this arc.
Jun 19, 2017 4:31 AM

Mar 2013
Lol Itsuwa and her hot towels.
Nov 14, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
There is always a good deal of fanservice, but action throughout the narration is engaging, although there is always the usual talk of Touma that annoys me a lot.
Jan 8, 2018 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
For some reason I enjoy watching Itsuwa doing the same thing with the towel over and over again xD
May 11, 2018 5:23 PM

Nov 2016
Angelene knows how to get attention.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2018 5:54 AM

Dec 2012
What's the deal with the towel lmao?

Nov 23, 2018 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
well the old foes are teaming up... I like it... ee na.... now that is this and that there is also something else can't wait for new op next episode
Feb 11, 2019 6:15 PM

Dec 2014
Index you fucking asshole stop biting Touma
Mar 14, 2019 9:33 PM

Aug 2017
Besides that we know more about Agnese's past, I didn't care about this episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 9, 2019 11:58 AM
Jan 2019
Could it be that Orsola likes Touma 😂? And we have the Amakusa girl, it seems that she is too. Touma is lucky. LOL.

What I admire about Touma is that it does not matter who, he will always be willing to help.
"Yesterday's enemy can be today's ally."
Jan 30, 2020 10:40 AM

Jan 2020
Itsuwa is so cute.
But I want more ACCELERATOR.
May 30, 2020 12:03 AM

Aug 2018
Why Agnese's outfit looks like that, by the way?..
Hm.. It seems that Index knows about everything, because she says fleet's name..
Hm?.. In Angelene's, Agnese's and other nuns' place.. They used a lot of times panties flashing to attract attention?.. Alright.. ;P
Well, I'm overall glad that nuns returned, and maybe some of them will even become good.. I hope for that.. But will see, how it goes..
Sep 29, 2020 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
The Roman Catholic church is a lame antagonist in this series. They have no purpose other than just trolling over Academy City.
Nov 25, 2020 5:52 AM

Jan 2017
Some backstory for Agnese which also includes Sister Lucia and Angelene, she's now one of the (previous) antagonists which definitely feel like a "character" rather than a "bad guy we must defeat every week"

Itsuwa with her hand towel strategy though, she's too shy to advance to the next step lmao
Feb 10, 2021 10:08 AM

May 2017
That towel girl is buged , she keep doing the same thing even if its not needed lol well shes cute , but with touma she might need to...go harder !
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.