Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 26, 2023 8:53 PM
May 2018
I didn’t think I could hate anyone more than Jonas for a while but now I hope Bridget falls off a cliff :)
Mar 26, 2023 8:58 PM

Apr 2015
Not the most well-written story, but I still found it enjoyable.
Mar 27, 2023 2:26 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, feels bad, this was a conflicting ass cour ender. Very happy that at the very least, Anne is now a Silver Sugar Master and it was satisfying for Sammy to get fucked, but it was at the cost of Shall. Fuck Bridget all my homies hate Bridget. Even Jonas is better than Bridget lmao and that's a high hurdle, though Sammy is at the top of the hate chain. Though admittedly, I am starting to feel bad for Jonas, I hope this is that start of him changing. 

This was a frustrating show, but I don't mean that in a bad way, it's meant to be frustrating I guess lmao. Misogyny and slavery, the show. All these frustrations will just make the favorable situations all the more satisfying though, so I am looking forward to part 2, Shall Fen Shall shall return. 8/10
Mar 27, 2023 8:00 AM

Jul 2021
man i put it on hold after watching first episode and picked it up today just because a part 2 was announced. i binged from ep1 today and loved this so much. a really great shoujo. except the first contest thing where anne is not made the maste, i loved everything else.

the ending was bittersweet. challe, at the end loved anne enough to give up his freedom for her. but man that lady got to be feeling like shit if she has even an ounce of human emotions inside her. she's forcefully taking away two lovers. honestly, challe should just slice her up in her sleep ^ ^

overall, 9/10. can't wait to watch part 2 already :) anne best girl. she's so cute i wanna pat and hug her.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 27, 2023 9:31 AM

Nov 2018
Somehow this episode gotta be out of touch from other episode. The Competition didn't trust Ann sugar sculpture that have valid point, but their have more trust to a random letter that have no backing of Ann not using high quality sugar whatsoever. If not Ann giving suggestion to king about fairy try to tasting Ann sugar sculpture, Ann definietly gonna get out of competition much faster. The Competition need to fix their rule ASAP.

Bridget on the other hand forced Shall to become her slave just to prove that have some rig happening. Bridget happy about having Shall but not the other way around. Bridget definietly gonna get some serious moral lesson that she gonna get whether soft or rough way she gonna receive. Beside that Bridget have a major problem with her parents about The cancellation egangement that already planned from her kingdom she come from and all happens because she like Shall rather than Elliot. So I gonna prepared to watching Bridget get heavy moral dillema that she gonna get in Season 2.

Ann become Sugar Silver Master that always dreaming from childhood, unfortunately the cost was losing her servant / friend Shall that always accompany her from starting the whole journey of Sugar Silver Competition.
Please in Season 2 don't make Ann having a heavy regrets to become Sugar Silver Master and in the end she decided to leaving all of her hardwork that she work all out just because she can be together with Shall in the future. Because if that scenario happens it just ruins the core of whole show in very first place, plus Shall sacrifice was not respected at all by Ann and make what literally Shall life in the next 50 - 70 years become useless.

For me, Sugar Apple Fairy Tale on first glance was some kind of Romantic Shoujo that mixed with Iyashikei Aspect. But, when you watched it the aspect was full of Dark Aspect (Slave, Racism, Jealousy, etc) that have pontentially can be great yet interesting to watch. Unfortunately for Season 1 overall is a mess that have not cleared aspect what main focus for this show. On one side you get Romantic Shoujo that contains pretty heavy soap opera stuff that gonna tickle your heart, but on the other one you get Dark Fantasy that contains pretty heavy tragedy on every corner of every episode that makes you either frustated or depressed. and to make sure this mess even more messier the side character was just kinda there not properly flesh out, Heck even some character can cut out from the show and the show is gonna be fine.

For this I gonna get Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Season 1 is 6 / 10 , A messy anime that not know what main focus of the show.
Hope J.C.Staff can fixed this mess so it can be reach to have unique pontential. Because you not gonna found this kind of Shoujo Romance like this everyday Or at least not in this Anime Age

P.S.: After write this, I remember a Lullaby on Teaser Trailer that catch my interest to watched this anime in the first place That You Can Still Watch on Youtube and turns out that Lullaby was not even played once on the actual anime. I Don't know if this just a soundtrack for Season 2 or False Soundtrack that added just to be a sprinkle on Teaser Trailer. But whatever reasons behind that, it still scummy tactics to giving false info on your audience. I swear if I not hear that Lullaby in Season 2 whatsoever, I definietly gonna reduce the score.
Yunohi-kunMar 27, 2023 10:22 AM
Mar 27, 2023 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
No way they can leave us on such a cliffhanger without a second season...

One of the better fantasy romamce anime I've seen lately.

7/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2023 1:05 PM

Oct 2010
Well that dropped from an 8 to a 6 instantly for me with that ending lmao. I'm relieved we're getting another season but fuck ending the first season on a cliffhanger like that. 
Mar 28, 2023 2:20 AM

Jun 2019
My 219th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Mar 28, 2023 4:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally she won the medal and title despite Sammy trying to make her being kicked by stealing her sugar! I'm a bit sad for Keith though, but it's especially sad how the show ended with Challe being forced to follow Bridget since he sacrificed his freedom to help Ann :/ I can't wait to see what will happen in S2, this show was much better than I expect no only that it was original for its themes with the sugar statues but I ended up liking most of the (kind) characters and it was really entertaining!
Mar 28, 2023 9:23 AM

Oct 2008
What the...!? This was never a conclusion! This should be a continuation!! seems like they left us hanging!! oh well see what the source says...
if there's an S2 ever...Anne should get a big change her mind set is still too weak!
4/5.
6/10.

Mar 28, 2023 10:15 AM

Oct 2012
I just wanted to be happy, but this anime would never let me do that. 

It had potential (Ann does grow a lot and understand that saying "she'll ask nicely before commanding" is STILL submitting somebody to slavery), but there are so MANY insufferable characters. I was already fed up with Jonas, then came Sammy, then Bridget. Can one get a freaking break? And in the last arc, just to top everytthing off, came the sudden gender inequality stuff. Oh my god. I was watching the last 4 episodes with my boyfriend who hated it a lot and wouldn't stop complaining so I had to tell him to shut up and let me watch it, but he wasn't all that wrong. Episode 11 was fine for the most part, but this last one... Ugh. Main character simply CANNOT get a W without getting an L. 

I'm giving it a 6/10 (maybe it should be 5/10, but I really started to like Shall Fen Shall - would Ann ever call this man by his full name and show him some respect as a fairy, I wonder - and Ann together). I'm not sure I will be watching the s2. Only if happiness comes quickly and there's no harms to my feelings anymore, which I doubt. 
Mar 28, 2023 4:48 PM
Dec 2019
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IM CRYINIG NOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA KILL THAT BITCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Mar 29, 2023 7:37 PM

Apr 2012
Shoujo is pain, should is life.

You all wanted the shoujo experience and you got it. You get what you wanted.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 30, 2023 1:51 AM
Oct 2021
I hated the ending. The sacrifice would have only made sense if they didn't have the trusted fairy vouching for Anne's sugar. They could have left it at that, and Season 2 would be about Anne and Challe trying to find the real culprit (Sammy) and get the justice she deserves, all while staying together and with Anne as a royal crafter. I would watch that. But if Season 2 just has more annoying Bridget and a mopey Anne, forget it.
Mar 30, 2023 10:01 AM

Nov 2013
You can literally make a list of shit characters, which is never a good sign. Didn't expect Jonas would find a competition in #1 shittiest character of the series, but Bridget managed to surpass my expectations anyways. Sammy was close too, but ended up being a one-time disposable villain and a sore loser.

S2 announced, but the ending was still too abrupt IMO. 

Drunkard and fetishist Bridget may ask something explicit from Shall lol. If this were a darker series he would kill her in her sleep and escape. Wonder how Ann will get Shall back.
Mar 30, 2023 2:17 PM
Sep 2014
This became kinda long so here's a TL;DR: 

Didn't really like the ending, and it felt like the series was meant to ba a 24 ep season that they split last minute. The gang were stupid for not making sure the sugar was safe, and the conflict felt forced. Bridget sucks. And lastly, the age gap between Shall and Anne has always bothered me since he´s 70+ and she's just 16. It started off great, but the last episode really let me down.

Long version:

I have mixed feelings after the "season finale". I didn't really like the whole ordeal with her sugar being stolen again - couldn't they have thought about guarding it this time around? The characters should know that something like that was likely to happen, so I don't really get how they keep leaving those things unsupervised. But if they had there wouldn't have been a conflict which ended in a cliffhanger... The ending, if you can call it that, was handeled rather badly. Seems like they planned a 24 episode series but wasnt sure if it'd make enough money to be worth the effort, so they cut it into two seasons in case they'd wanna cancel it.

Bridget is annoying ofc, but wasn't that orange haired guy her fiancé? Imagine your fiancé getting infatuated with a fairy, then she proceeds to extorts him and make him practically her slave, and then and openly cheating on you with them. I'm not that mad about the kiss tho tbh - although he could've just argued that it wasn't a part of the deal and refused. But if you think about it it was not Shall's first kiss. Remember, he's like, at least 70 years old but probably closer to 80 or something, and if you read between the lines it's pretty obvious that he has probably been forced to act as a romantic partner or similar in the past. The way he didn't even bat an eyelash when asking if the pink haired guy wanted him to model nude etc shows that he probably stopped caring about integrity and dignity a long time ago. He didn't even hesitate before kissing Bridget, so those kinds of actions probably mean nothing to him.

But something else I want to get off my chest now that the first "season" is over is the age difference. It's been weirding me out for a while now but I wasn't sure if they were gonna go for a romantic relationship or not so I just kinda ignored it mostly. But now it really feels like that's the direction they're going in, and it gives me the ick tbh. Remember, Shall is over 70 years old, and Anne is 16. That's a lot even by age gap standards. He's old enough to be her grandpa! But as always it's "okay because he looks young" or something. It just creeps me out a bit because I can't stop thinking about him as a grumpy old grandpa who has a crush on a 16 year old girl. It ruins the whole potential romance plot. I would've much preferred if they had a close platonic relationship, like friends or found family. But no, they just had to make it weird...

Now that I've shared my pent up thought, what's your take on Sugar Apple Fairy Tale? I'd really like to hear if you agree or disagree with what I think!

Mar 30, 2023 5:12 PM

Mar 2022
noooooooooo T-T

...BUT im def not watching season 2

listsanime | manga⠀⠀⠀⠀
challengesawc | mrc⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Apr 1, 2023 4:03 AM

Jun 2019
mimmlimox said:
This became kinda long so here's a TL;DR: 

Didn't really like the ending, and it felt like the series was meant to ba a 24 ep season that they split last minute. The gang were stupid for not making sure the sugar was safe, and the conflict felt forced. Bridget sucks. And lastly, the age gap between Shall and Anne has always bothered me since he´s 70+ and she's just 16. It started off great, but the last episode really let me down.

Long version:

I have mixed feelings after the "season finale". I didn't really like the whole ordeal with her sugar being stolen again - couldn't they have thought about guarding it this time around? The characters should know that something like that was likely to happen, so I don't really get how they keep leaving those things unsupervised. But if they had there wouldn't have been a conflict which ended in a cliffhanger... The ending, if you can call it that, was handeled rather badly. Seems like they planned a 24 episode series but wasnt sure if it'd make enough money to be worth the effort, so they cut it into two seasons in case they'd wanna cancel it.

Bridget is annoying ofc, but wasn't that orange haired guy her fiancé? Imagine your fiancé getting infatuated with a fairy, then she proceeds to extorts him and make him practically her slave, and then and openly cheating on you with them. I'm not that mad about the kiss tho tbh - although he could've just argued that it wasn't a part of the deal and refused. But if you think about it it was not Shall's first kiss. Remember, he's like, at least 70 years old but probably closer to 80 or something, and if you read between the lines it's pretty obvious that he has probably been forced to act as a romantic partner or similar in the past. The way he didn't even bat an eyelash when asking if the pink haired guy wanted him to model nude etc shows that he probably stopped caring about integrity and dignity a long time ago. He didn't even hesitate before kissing Bridget, so those kinds of actions probably mean nothing to him.

But something else I want to get off my chest now that the first "season" is over is the age difference. It's been weirding me out for a while now but I wasn't sure if they were gonna go for a romantic relationship or not so I just kinda ignored it mostly. But now it really feels like that's the direction they're going in, and it gives me the ick tbh. Remember, Shall is over 70 years old, and Anne is 16. That's a lot even by age gap standards. He's old enough to be her grandpa! But as always it's "okay because he looks young" or something. It just creeps me out a bit because I can't stop thinking about him as a grumpy old grandpa who has a crush on a 16 year old girl. It ruins the whole potential romance plot. I would've much preferred if they had a close platonic relationship, like friends or found family. But no, they just had to make it weird...

Now that I've shared my pent up thought, what's your take on Sugar Apple Fairy Tale? I'd really like to hear if you agree or disagree with what I think!

On the age issue, for the sake of full disclosure and honesty, I'm not against age gaps in general as a rule and often in favor of their portrayal, but it's still a somewhat different matter which can be interpreted differently if the characters in question are both of the same species - which is, usually, namely human. In the case that Anne was a 16 year-old human girl as portrayed in the series, but Challe, different to this story's writing, was a 70 year-old human man, then it would very likely be portrayed differently in addition to being received differently by many. I'm not saying still that I would be against it, because again, different view on age gaps, but even I would say it would still be a different thing and dynamic entirely. 

In the case of how Challe and the story actually are, it's not so much about Challe "looking young" (in my view, truly not at all about that) and more to do with the fact that he's a fairy - i.e., a completely different species, with a completely different biology and physiology, different lifespan and sense of time, different subjective lived experience, and how all those intrinsically different material factors would logically and obviously shape his worldview, values, and culture. He's not like another 16 year-old human boy, no. He's not like a 70 year-old human man either. He's a distinct creature or person hailing from a species entirely outside of humanity and the age thing would probably seem like a petty irrelevancy to many fairies if they're portrayed with exceptionally longer lifespans similar to elves and how both are typically portrayed in classic fantasy. I believe in this series it mentioned in one of the episodes relating to the duke and the deceased water fairy that fairy lifespans can differ radically and can be erratic and unpredictable, also maybe differing by what would be like the "subspecies" (what object they were born from). 

So even while taking a pro-age gap position generally, I can understand the perspective of those who are against it, but I really think for the sake of clarity and better understanding it would be preferable if people distinguished between human-human age gap relationships and interspecies ones between a human and a fairy, elf, youkai, vampire, god or goddess, werewolf/jinrou, robot, etc., because it really isn't the same thing. If age makes such a difference to some humans in how people assess relationships between others, in real life as well as even in fiction, then what do you think something as fundamentally different as being from a different species would do? The species difference is probably a far greater culture and life experience divide or gap to bridge than the numerical age. Maybe some folks just put the species question out of their mind though because they don't take it literally and for whatever reason view somewhat by default a character from another species as more analogous to or symbolic of a certain human trait/characteristic or subgroup, rather than a taxonomically distinct actual alien being.
WatchTillTandavaApr 1, 2023 4:06 AM
Apr 1, 2023 9:20 AM

Jun 2015
After a 2nd watch through, im reminded of shalls word I put unto my tag line.   'One day... I will kill you all. Just wait. I will not fail. I will kill you.... '
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 1, 2023 10:31 AM
Nov 2015
I really loved the series, that's why it broke my heart after seeing the last episode. Now I am left feeling hurt about this and I have to carry this until July for the 2nd part??!! For 4 f*cking months??!!! I don't really understand why they had to put a cliffhanger. This is torture! I'm really disappointed and frustrated on how this season ended. I also regretted watching this, should've waited for part 2 to be completed.

Btw, does anyone know where to I can get the complete volumes of the light novel? I'd rather read it in advance and save myself from more disappointments than wait for months in agony 💔💔💔
jeah_escalona04Apr 1, 2023 11:08 AM
Apr 1, 2023 12:41 PM
Mar 2021
Show starts with great ideas and then halfway through turns worse and worse until its pure shit.
Apr 2, 2023 11:24 AM
Feb 2015
Thank goodness for season 2, this will get me sleepless night
Apr 3, 2023 12:36 AM

Jun 2013
MadanielFL said:
The characters on this show act really dumb most of the time.

Specially the antagonists, like Sammy is just such a cliche stupid character, he served no purpose but to add drama to the final episode...

Challe sacrificing himself could have been avoided too, if he'd simply went after Sammy's barrel they could have proven that it was stolen...

THIS. ALL of this.

The ending wasn't heartbreaking at all, it was more annoying than anything else. It's like stupid drama. 

I was really liking the series too but idk if this'll get a sequel. I'm giving it a 6/10. Bridget can die in a ditch. Sammy was such a generic and ugly-looking antagonist. lol 
臭い-
Apr 3, 2023 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
i was not signing up for Anne to get bullied left and right for a whole season only to get NTR'd by a hot blonde 

for a ending it's hard to not feel bitter and i knew there was no way they could end this in 1 season after Challe giving away his freedom to help her.

if only this show had more likeable characters that weren't just pittful assholes  fun times were rarely had 

i still found the story despite not being that great interesting enough and it did look nice  but i will refrain from judging it fully till the end of the season 2 for now it's like just barely a 7 for the first  cour 
Apr 5, 2023 5:27 AM

Nov 2013
lol i was kinda happy that they managed to clear Anne's part and make her the winner...
but ofc we can't let her be happy for more than 2 minutes, so time for Challe to leave again... my lord, this anime is annoying

i thought it was gonna be a fun anime, but most of the time, i just facepalmed at all the random dramas ... jonas part 1, jonas part 2, jonas part 3, other jonas guy 1, his master, this girl... Jesus Christ lol
it's a shame cause i enjoyed parts that were simply from Anne and Challe, but the rest... meh

rated it 8 for half the season, but ended up as a 5 (and already being generous), i'm most likely not watching season 2...
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 5, 2023 6:27 PM

Apr 2020
wtf is that supposed to be the end! They gave me a mental shock that I kept verifying it was the last episode! And without even an announce for a 2nd season like you built up only one couple from the beginning of the show just to slap me with some sl4t kissing him in the end and leaving with him? And you expect me to take that as an end!? Hell nah, tbh I was gonna give this anime atleast 7 but with this sh4t dropping in the final episode out of all episodes! Without  even a fu4king hint! Sorry but this goes directly to garbage list yo mf scenarioist, next time i hope i never get a chance to watch something shit4y like this
okay okay quick edit:
So basically i didn't know but apparently there's a 2nd part thnx God I was throwing hands and fuming because I thought that's the END of the whole series, and I'm not gonna say I'm not going to expect much, IM GOING TO EXPECT VERY MUCH bcz u've got alot to fix
Min_MinaliskiApr 5, 2023 6:34 PM

Apr 5, 2023 6:36 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
The worst ending to an anime ever</3

Can't wait until the next season.
Apr 5, 2023 10:40 PM

Jun 2020
MAANNNN FUCK THIS EPISODE AND FUCK BRIDGET.  i was loving the show up until this episode, now i just feel burning rage.
bridget better die a slow and painful death and then burn in hell for eternity, selfish bitch.

Apr 6, 2023 5:18 PM
Dec 2015
Ahhh..
I got corrupted..
I just want to say "BEGONE THOT"
Those bitch really nice to make my day.
Apr 9, 2023 1:39 PM

Jul 2016
we need doujinshi tag femdom between Bridge and Shall . I'm sure Bridge will make the most of Shall in all poses lol

Apr 11, 2023 3:33 AM

Apr 2011
Atsunome said:
I’m going to throw Bridget out of a window

Let me help. Seriously. ⸜(രᴗര๑)⸝

*ahem*

I remember this ending frustrated me to no end when I read it in the novel and being reminded how utterly horrid and repulsive Bridget is in anime form made me want to chuck my tv out the window (along with her).

Thank goodness for season 2- f*ck dat bish Bridget. I look forward to her being given the cold shoulder among other things.

I do wish I could reassure Anne and give Shall some mouthwash though. 🥲
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Apr 11, 2023 3:32 PM
Jun 2016
Seriously, just how much ane has go to through for plot sake, the ending really killed this season for me, that stupid bridget or wut ever her name was.
Apr 12, 2023 12:09 PM
Mar 2017
I hate this. My day is ruined HAHAHAHA
Apr 12, 2023 10:22 PM
May 2017
Im glad i waited to watch this show cuz now season 2 (or part two) is coming out soon and tbh i dont think id be patient enough after that cliff hanger of an episode like wowwwwwww this is how you set up a part two just when she got a victory she also lost and so the story is going to create a new conflict ….. tbh i didnt think Shall would do such a sacrifice (like i thought itd b a decoy wing) but he did it for Anne and while it confirms how much he cares for her …now shes like wtf just happened ….i cant wait for part two tbh lol time to go binge more shows until then ig😭some one give me some shows to watch

For part two tho i wanna see three things:

Bridget to lose (cuz she a snake)

Anne and Shall to be official

Jonas to get a redemption arc (tbh he is a morally gray character that is talented he just gotta overcome the inferiority complex n apologize to Anne) and bonus points if Cathy admits she likes him
Apr 12, 2023 10:23 PM
May 2017
Kaguyachinchin said:
The worst ending to an anime ever</3

Can't wait until the next season.

Lol u just mad cuz that cliffhanger n bridget being a…..lol nuisance
Apr 16, 2023 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

Who ends a show like that? The way I feel after watching this makes me wish I had never started it to begin with. I don't spend my time watching shows just to make myself hate life. Whoever decided to end the show this way is evil and must enjoy causing others pain. I don't know if I will take my chances with season 2 knowing something like this may happen again. There's already too much pain in life to be getting it from my "entertainment" too. I hate it.
"In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some trancendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control even over his own will."
Apr 17, 2023 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
Yunohi-kun said:
Somehow this episode gotta be out of touch from other episode. The Competition didn't trust Ann sugar sculpture that have valid point, but their have more trust to a random letter that have no backing of Ann not using high quality sugar whatsoever. If not Ann giving suggestion to king about fairy try to tasting Ann sugar sculpture, Ann definietly gonna get out of competition much faster. The Competition need to fix their rule ASAP.

Bridget on the other hand forced Shall to become her slave just to prove that have some rig happening. Bridget happy about having Shall but not the other way around. Bridget definietly gonna get some serious moral lesson that she gonna get whether soft or rough way she gonna receive. Beside that Bridget have a major problem with her parents about The cancellation egangement that already planned from her kingdom she come from and all happens because she like Shall rather than Elliot. So I gonna prepared to watching Bridget get heavy moral dillema that she gonna get in Season 2.

Ann become Sugar Silver Master that always dreaming from childhood, unfortunately the cost was losing her servant / friend Shall that always accompany her from starting the whole journey of Sugar Silver Competition.
Please in Season 2 don't make Ann having a heavy regrets to become Sugar Silver Master and in the end she decided to leaving all of her hardwork that she work all out just because she can be together with Shall in the future. Because if that scenario happens it just ruins the core of whole show in very first place, plus Shall sacrifice was not respected at all by Ann and make what literally Shall life in the next 50 - 70 years become useless.

For me, Sugar Apple Fairy Tale on first glance was  some kind of Romantic Shoujo that mixed with Iyashikei Aspect. But, when you watched it the aspect was full of Dark Aspect (Slave, Racism, Jealousy, etc) that have pontentially can be great yet interesting to watch. Unfortunately for Season 1 overall is a mess that have not cleared aspect what main focus for this show. On one side you get  Romantic Shoujo that contains pretty heavy soap opera stuff that gonna tickle your heart, but on the other one you get Dark Fantasy that contains pretty heavy tragedy on every corner of every episode that makes you either frustated or depressed. and to make sure this mess even more messier the side character was just kinda there not properly flesh out, Heck even some character can cut out from the show and  the show is gonna be fine.

For this I gonna get Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Season 1 is  6 / 10 , A messy anime that not know what main focus of the show.
Hope J.C.Staff can fixed this mess so it can be reach to have unique pontential. Because you not gonna found this kind of Shoujo Romance like this everyday Or at least not in this Anime Age

P.S.: After write this, I remember a Lullaby on Teaser Trailer that catch my interest to watched this anime in the first place That You Can Still Watch on Youtube and turns out that Lullaby was not even played once on the actual anime. I Don't know if this just a soundtrack for Season 2 or False Soundtrack that added just to be a sprinkle on Teaser Trailer. But whatever reasons behind that, it still scummy tactics to giving false info on your audience. I swear if I not hear that Lullaby in Season 2 whatsoever, I definietly gonna reduce the score.
same 

watched clip of the ending, i put it on hold cause that made me go in to rage they should have finished it, it made me almost drop it until i so that there is part 2 coming but its currently on hold at ep 10

Apr 18, 2023 8:20 PM

Apr 2019
This anime is stupid. The bad guys are like a swarm of mosquitoes. They won't kill you, but they'll keep pestering you. It's. So. Annoying.

By the time Season 2 airs I'll probably forget about this anime and already lost interest of it, but we'll see. Since I do want to give this anime another chance because all in all the watch wasn't... Bad enough for me to drop. It's the same feeling as playing Overwatch ranked but you keep losing.
Apr 19, 2023 1:41 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
This is one of the worst cliffhangers I have ever seen. It's like a drink leaving a really bad after taste in my mouth.

As for the whole anime so far which I binged can only be sum up to a few words.

-Antagonist be hella greed, it's the stupid as if this is from shield hero
-Girl excepts the MC was hella horny omg
May 6, 2023 8:18 AM
May 2023
cute and has good plot
May 7, 2023 3:55 AM
Oct 2021
I am extremely dissatisfied with the end of the first season. I love the story but how could they just leave us hanging like that!! I’m liable to quit watching it at this point. Like at least do another few episodes 😭😭😭
May 8, 2023 12:15 AM
Apr 2023
These movers just come right when Ann needs to get to Shall. Curse you guys for adding extra drama because it worked.

And this Himedere or even Yandere Bridget needs to get in her head that it's not love for Shall, because it feels like the same thing Jonas did in the beginning episodes. And that kiss had no love in it, and if this woman can't tell the difference than she doesn't know what love is.
May 8, 2023 9:59 AM
Oct 2021
bridget makes me so mad
May 12, 2023 8:04 PM

Feb 2014
Ngl, this anime was kinda painful to watch.

- It was as if girls were there either to being humiliated / bullied (Ann) or to be 'bitchy' (Bridget).
- There were decent amount of times which Ann was clearly / obviously the victim but they would still doubt her innocence. 

There is not much to this anime besides that, honestly. 

The fairies (or fairy race) is poorly explored. Like, they are just there to be companion/slaves and just that. Psychological effect aside, it makes me wonder that it probably wouldn´t change much if they were humans instead.

In general, I would dare to say that the characters are the worst part of this anime with a very few exceptions.

Oh well, probably gonna rate this 4/10 or 5/10
TechOtakuMay 12, 2023 9:00 PM
May 13, 2023 2:33 PM
Jan 2019
Been a while since an anime has made me exclaim commentary out loud with how much they played with my heartstrings, especially with the last few episodes of pain staking drama TvT really glad that there is an announced s2 in the coming, so I'm hoping this shit gets resolved ASAP
May 20, 2023 12:22 AM

Mar 2013
She gained something but also lost something in the process or something... such bittersweet story it is.

These corrupted characters are bullying Anne out of her happiness. It's tormenting our dear Anne...

I can't wait for the 2nd part!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 30, 2023 9:45 AM
Jun 2020
Bad, so this is NTR ending
Jun 2, 2023 9:51 AM

Oct 2013
Jun 4, 2023 2:54 AM
Jan 2022
Bro you can't just leave me hanging like that

And fuck you Bridget bitch
Jun 6, 2023 11:23 PM
Jan 2021
Stupid ending - terrible way to kill a growing “happy final episode “ such a bad cliffhanger for season 2 - why not make it where she triumphs through the region with her art rather than fighting for her love.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

89 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

127 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zaxphred - Jan 27, 2023

87 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.