Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 2, 2021 6:57 PM
Sep 2019
TheAquilaSamurai said:
As it's been hinting at, Yuria can also see spirits in the same way Miko can. However there is an interesting difference. Yuria has seen them her whole life, whille Miko only started seeing them recently. And despite seeing them longer, Yuria can only see small ones clearly, normal-sized ones vaguely and not see the the huge deformed ones at all (although the big one did come into view as she was passing out).

Wonder if we'll actually get a story reason as to why Yuria and Godmother see the spirits as black hazes while Miko sees them as clear as any living person?

Ended up getting another tear jerker moment. Spirit wasn't actually a spirit, but an old woman who was out of it, but then something clicked when Miko showed her the numbers that a wandering spirit was saying. Another moment of a spirit not being hostile and Miko actually being able to make something nice happen thanks to her abilities.

It that final scene, I'm now wondering whether that line is actually some horriblle looking way that spirits are passing on. She'd helped the husband's spirit by giving his widow the safe combination, so he likely had no reason to continue to linger.

Yea made me cry in the manga
Such a heartwarming scene,
Nov 2, 2021 7:37 PM

Apr 2018
Now Mieroku realizes that her powers have a meaning behind them like helping people at the very end.
Nov 3, 2021 1:38 AM
Oct 2020
So the ghosts would stay lost unless they finish the last thing they want to do before getting eaten by that ghost eating demon?
TonvkaNov 3, 2021 1:43 AM
Nov 3, 2021 11:01 AM

Mar 2021
Damn the anime is actually getting better and better! Another tearjerker ending scene just like last week. I can get behind short stories like these.

Nov 3, 2021 11:42 AM

Jul 2008
Oh definitely one of my favorites this season.
This ghost-husband-story is so far the one I preferred so far.
Really touching and sad.
I love how they aren't just translucent human but actual scary things.

Also this big ghost-frog eating other ghosts ?
Maybe it's like their redemption, once they don't have any regret left they just... kill themselves / let themselves be eaten.

Favorite scene :

Nov 4, 2021 10:16 PM

Jan 2019
Glad to finally properly meet the third girl, looking forward to how here and Hana interact!

Always nice to see positive interactions with the spirits. I wonder if this will begin to shift her perspective.
Nov 5, 2021 7:53 AM

Jun 2013
Man, do they plan on ending every single episode with a tearjerker? It just gets me whenever the ghost is someone who loved the person they were haunting.
臭い-
Nov 5, 2021 8:04 AM
May 2021
I love how Yuria misjudges everything.
Nov 5, 2021 9:16 AM

Dec 2016
Finally the other Mieruko-chan has been introduced. Yulia has the same ability as Miko but it seems like it's a little less stronger. Not only does she can't see the big/dangerous ghosts, the ones she can see are kinda translucent. If Miko only saw Yulia's ones then even she wouldn't feel scared XD

I feel bad for Yulia cuz she really wanted someone to share and chat about these things. But Miko had no choice but to act rash cuz she was being too loud about those things or else they would've been in trouble.

I hope they fix up this silly misunderstanding and start to get along well soon.
Nov 6, 2021 6:02 AM

Sep 2018
Woh! A completely new episode, in the sense that the horror does not vanish, but the fanservice is set aside, an interesting and awaited novelty arrives and a radically new context compared to the past ones. The first few minutes are a mine of information and immediately build the character of Yulia, also contradicting the impression I had at first glance in the past episodes. Excellent designs that already seem to give an indication of her character also through facial expressions. The topic in the second part of the episode is interesting, in which what the previous episode already meant is further strengthened, in short, a beautiful page that changes the way of seeing Miko and the wider world that sees only her and some chosen ones like her.
Nov 6, 2021 12:31 PM
Dec 2020
This was the best episode of the season so far! The end bit with the old lady was so light hearted and sweet. I wish there wasn't so much fan service in this show because it's so unnecessary and this episode really showed that
Nov 8, 2021 10:06 AM

Jul 2021
well , normally , peoples put valuables like money , gold , jewels , etc , in their locked safes , they dont put letters and combs in safes .

a

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Nov 9, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
lol, the other girl thinks meruko-chan an evil person

also that square head ghost has those gigantic balls

oba-chan got her memories back, the ghost is the old man.

and the old man ghost let himself be eaten by that big ghost??
Based_DepartmentNov 9, 2021 9:46 AM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 11, 2021 5:54 PM

Aug 2017
Man ignorance truly is bliss.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 14, 2021 9:45 AM

Nov 2013
Tarrian said:
Looks like I'm in a minority that absolutely cannot stand the new girl.

I was hoping she was going to be introduced as something like a relative of the crazy old fortune scammer lady and have some kind of heritage with spirits, thereby being useful in moving Miko along to coming to grips with her ability to see what she does.

Instead she's a wannabe spiritualist bordering on chuuni levels of 'I'm special!'.

The latter bit where they dealt with the old woman and her safe memories was touching, and a good example of the things the show has done truly right in telling a story. Buuuut... those moments are a rarity, so I guess I'm dropping another one.

This season, man, first time since I started watching seasonal anime that I'm down to three series with one of them a likely drop.

lol here i was trying to see what were your seasonals and how many you dropped, but not only you only have 2 on drop but you're also only watching 2, not to mention it's hidden... is the season that bad that you only found 4 animes that could interest you?
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 14, 2021 6:58 PM
Oct 2010
winddevil1 said:
Tarrian said:

This season, man, first time since I started watching seasonal anime that I'm down to three series with one of them a likely drop.

lol here i was trying to see what were your seasonals and how many you dropped, but not only you only have 2 on drop but you're also only watching 2, not to mention it's hidden... is the season that bad that you only found 4 animes that could interest you?

I haven't updated my list here since 2014 and couldn't bother to go through the hassle of deleting hundreds of entries so I just flicked it over to private. I also didn't put everything I stopped watching on there, too damn much work. Haha.

The only two things on dropped are there just because the fanbases were so bloody annoying at the time, Star driver and Panty and Stocking.

As for this season? Yeah. I generally start watching nearly everything in a season that isn't magical girl or sports anime, usually 20+ and this season it was 26, then thin it out until I'm watching 7-10 by the end of the season. This season I'm down to two, and even those are borderline.

Most recent drop?

Otherworld Assassin by the creator of Redo of Healer. It's another creator I'll be avoiding like the plague, like the Urobutcher. You just can't take the favorite themes away from some creators.

Still watching?

Saihate no Paladin, bland and inoffensive isekai, but I enjoyed the premise of the opening scenario with the MC being raised by undead.

Shin no Nakama, bland and inoffensive slice of life romcom fantasy based on a webnovel I read at one point. Light and fluffy, without any particularly high stakes. Comfort food.

Perhaps I'm just getting too old to put up with some of the more annoying characters, since that's one of the main things that causes me to drop shows in recent seasons. That or there's been an uptick in annoying characters. >.<
Nov 15, 2021 6:07 PM

Mar 2008
I teared up a bit with the old women getting clarity from her dementia after being helped.

Sheklon said:

I think the old lady section would be more emotional if the story didn't act like you can revert Alzheimer like that, but rather left a message of "she still remembers sometimes".

I felt it was open to interpretation. Unless I'm mistaken isnt it normal for people with dementia from Alzheimer's to have intermitent periods of lucidity especially if they are triggered by something that has strong memories attached.
Nov 15, 2021 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
Ok so Yuliya is yet pretty dumb and ofc not on the same lvl as Miko, but it is reassuring to know that there are more people like her.
Damn, but that ending, it just got me...he was saying the code of the safe, what a great ending! damn
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 15, 2021 9:01 PM

Jan 2019
traed said:
Sheklon said:
I think the old lady section would be more emotional if the story didn't act like you can revert Alzheimer like that, but rather left a message of "she still remembers sometimes".

I felt it was open to interpretation. Unless I'm mistaken isnt it normal for people with dementia from Alzheimer's to have intermitent periods of lucidity especially if they are triggered by something that has strong memories attached.

Yeah, those "throwbacks" so to say to lucidity were what I was trying to refer to. For me the way the scene played out didn't feel like she was getting memories back and holding on to them as long as possible, it was too abrupt and a huge change in her attitude. And since the scene ended with her goodbye, I felt like it was saying "she was cured", but yeah, now that you mention it, I can see that it's open to interpretation.

Whatever the case, still a wholesome scene all the same.
Nov 27, 2021 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
Pure entertainment. Love that rearnaked choke she did on that little chibi, twas so satisfying.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 12, 2021 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
Was hoping for more with Yuria but I guess she is just there misunderstandings and comedy at least for now. Second story with the old woman was actually something decent, show can try and be interesting when it isn't wasting time with lewd shots and repetitive "ghost, pretend not there!" sequences.
Dec 13, 2021 6:57 PM

Oct 2021
I like how Miko acts smart like when telling the grandma about the numbers in a way she can avoid directly reacting to the ghost .. at the same time not ignoring it and assuming it's not important..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2021 5:42 PM

Jan 2019
So the little girl wants to know more about Miko and her capabilities. This could be good. Meanwhile, a creature made a friendly appearance and helped Grandma remember the password to a safe in her house. This makes me think that not all these monsters are evil. And yet, they are spirits of people who have died. So it seems.
Dec 22, 2021 6:37 AM

Jul 2021
In this episode a new character was introduced, and I liked her. I'm curious what she's going to do about Miko in the future.
This episode served to show that not all of these "monsters" are bad.
asdasdsadad
Dec 23, 2021 1:14 PM

Dec 2019
that old lady though, she reminded me of my great-grandmother, so cute
Dec 27, 2021 8:28 AM

May 2016
She helps out the dead guy whose trying to tell her to help out her wife with the lock.

Heartwarming ending for a horror series.
Dec 29, 2021 6:37 PM
May 2014
Ignoring the ghosts is actually really frustrating me now. It's about time she starts to communicate. Hopefully the ending of this episode is the start of that. It's extremely repetitive and it's already ep 5.
Dec 30, 2021 12:21 AM
Nov 2010
Marco1379 said:
Ignoring the ghosts is actually really frustrating me now. It's about time she starts to communicate. Hopefully the ending of this episode is the start of that. It's extremely repetitive and it's already ep 5.

Don't worry. A mini-plot is to come soon enough.
Jan 1, 2022 10:09 PM

Aug 2021
I thought she would be able to help miko but yet she's weaker than her :(
Jan 1, 2022 10:51 PM
Nov 2010
tookthisusername said:
I thought she would be able to help miko but yet she's weaker than her :(

Yeah, she actually needs help from Miko. Though there is a small part later where her expertise will actually help Miko.
Jan 2, 2022 8:58 PM

May 2017
The story is getting more interesting with each episode. So the big creature at the end swallowing other ghosts could be a portal to the realm of the dead or Nirvana or something like that. And we saw the ghost of the man who had his last wish fullfilled by Miko, so he could finally leave and rest in peace.

I think that every creature has one last wish or desire that it couldn't achieve prior to a certain kind of death (unnatural death). Some want to get love and attention from a certain person. Others want to tell an important piece of information. Maybe they are all so desperate to get discovered because they seek the help from people like Miko.

But there is more what we can only speculate about. Like the difference between white/bright "normal" ghosts and black/dark "disturbing/disabled/retarded" creatures. Maybe it's affected by a natural or unnatural death. Or that the people were "good" or "bad" humans. And it's not only humans. We've also seen ghosts and creatures of cats for example. Oh boy, the creature that fondled teachers and girls at school probably was a perv during its life. Or maybe it has never experienced physical intimacy in life .-.

Furthermore, creatures can be used as indicators for estimating the personality of a person. Miko didn't trust people who were accompanied by dark creatures. They were nice on the outside but it was evident that they had something to hide, dark secrets, bad habits, negative thinking and more.
--> So the ghost of her father is light and bright and he is not retarded like dark creatures. But the house is full of them. They can't only be there because of Miko. Maybe there are some family secrets or things that her brother or mother hide. Certain places attract more creatures, as seen with the shady alley. It's possible that a lot of people got robbed there, so the place is haunted.

Lastly, there are the auras. So far, they have only be seen by the old godmother. Hana for example has a very bright, strong and positive one. But we don't know anything more about these auras yet.

It would be interesting to know if there are people who can see the bright/white ghosts. I think Miko didn't actually see her father. She only put the pudding in front of the shrine because the creature begged for it. Moreover, Miku is able to see a lot more creatues and more detailed. Wonder, what's the reason behind that.

This is all very interesting, i like this show very much!!
Leo_SJan 2, 2022 9:17 PM
Feb 1, 2022 5:51 AM
Jul 2021
that end portion of the episode was wholesome and idk how i feel about it, why does miko see these things, i want answers
Feb 21, 2022 10:18 AM

Feb 2022
Yuria looks so cute, we even got a heartfelt moment at the end.
too bad the husband got eaten.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2022 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
Whenever you're in trouble just choke the other to death lol.

Miko helping out the old lady turned out to be very wholesome, not sure on the lingering grandpa spirit getting eaten in the aftercredits though.

Apr 8, 2022 1:02 PM

Feb 2020
All these fun little side-stories really remind me of that 2020 series Majo no Tabitabi featuring the young adventuring witch Eleina.
It's not a remarkable story, but still fun to watch.
Jul 17, 2022 10:33 PM

Sep 2011
It really sucks that Yuria can’t see everything that Miko sees. I really wanted Miko to finally have someone she can talk to about all this. I can’t even imagine how it must feel for her to just live her life and keep pretending that she doesn’t see anything.

Excited to see how Yuria will become friends (if she does) with the other two girls. And will the crystal ball granny make an appearance again or she literally left forever back home to her family.

Either way, ready for some change in the story.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Oct 20, 2022 5:32 PM
Nov 2021
Eu achava que a loli iria ser aquela séria do grupo, pelo visto eu me enganei kkkkkkkkkk
Mas parece que fica melhor assim.
Nov 2, 2022 8:49 PM
Nov 2022
nashei god insta.
Jan 29, 2023 11:33 PM

Jul 2019
I mean, if someone put me in a chokehold until I passed out and then gave me some vague "next time"-speech I'd interpret that as a threat as well.

The last part with the old lady made me tear up. This is a lot better than I imagined.
May 24, 2023 8:00 AM
May 2023
the end of the episode was hella wholesome
bubblegumbabyMay 24, 2023 10:09 AM
Jun 21, 2023 6:14 PM
Feb 2021
did she choke yuria out
Jul 26, 2023 1:41 AM

Feb 2019
This is not only spooky but also sweet and emotional.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jul 31, 2023 5:43 PM

Feb 2018
Yuria has good intentions but she doesn't fully see what's out there.. What a wholesome ending though, the grandpa even thanked Miko.
Sep 16, 2023 7:50 AM

Apr 2023
1. I can't be the only one seeing Yuria aesthetics-wise as a great value brand Junko Enoshima, right? I'm interested in watching her character grow, especially given her shared ability with Miko.

2. That serpent drop was brutal, shit was so crazy they had the ghost doing double takes.

3. The safe scene was so heartwarming <3

Lastly, I saw someone else mention it - it was nice to have an episode where they toned down the fanservice. Kinda hope it stays that way but I'm not holding my breath...
May 1, 6:44 PM

Jan 2011
Can't say I expected the official subs to split the difference between Yuria and Julia and call her Yulia.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

260 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 4, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

246 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

304 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 30, 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.