Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2021 12:33 PM
Feb 2020
An amazing movie and a satisfactory end to a good love story

I wish a little bit that they showed more of Gilbert and violet after they got together but they didn't, it's fine I guess bcz in the last scene when Gilbert tied to make a pinky promise and violet holds his pinky with her whole hand was quite wonderful,

I would give that scene alone more points than some whole love stories
Jun 7, 2021 12:06 PM

Aug 2018
I love love love this movie! I'm so glad to see Violet and Gilbert finally together in animation, it was so beautiful. However, I have to agree with the comments regarding the movie's length, the first half just dragged a little. It was stunning, but a little too slow at times.
Jun 9, 2021 5:47 AM
Jun 2017
I just super love this movie... They have featured the great grand daughter of one of my most favorite episode in violet evergarden (anime), the sick kid, and yeah!!! Major and violet see each other again...
Jun 9, 2021 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
rewatched this because didn't pay attention at first, best sequel movie in every aspect, bless u kyoani.

10/10
Jun 12, 2021 10:58 AM

Jul 2019
movie was pretty good no cap. I am kinda a lil disappointed that it didn't improve, it maintained quality but I suppose this was a sequel that stayed true to what it told.

anyways really good stuff and that's where it ends I guess. nothing lasts forever, both the series and the dolls. but they shall be remembered, especially that lady's name.

Violet Evergarden.

----
came back to say, mfs really put CAM audio over the visuals lmfao. what a desperate time we live in.
NextUniverseJun 12, 2021 5:39 PM
Jun 13, 2021 2:24 PM

Apr 2020
I finished watching this movie a few minutes ago ... I do not know what to say! ... Just amazing!

I do not remember crying like this while watching any movie!
I think Yurith increased the value of the film! When he called his best friend in the last moments of his life and apologize to her, I was really impressed! And next (where I think is the peak of violet evergarden!) when his family read his letters (after his death)I cried like a child! So much so that I could not stop crying for a few minutes!
In my opinion, that scene was even better than episode 10 of the series!
" ... I am glad to have been born your son"
"To my younger brother, please be doted by our parents on my behalf."
These sentences destroyed me!T_T

And finally Violet and Gilbert met!
...."Aishiteru".....
The ending was really impressive!
Violet Evergarden is one of the series that I will never forget! ...Although I will definitely miss this masterpiece series

Thank you Violet ... Thank you Kyoto Animation!
Thank you so much for making me fall in love with anime more than before by watching this masterpiece series!

Thanks for everything!

10/10 ... The best anime movie of 2020 and also the best movie sequel made to date imo!

MPanahJun 14, 2021 6:10 AM
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Jun 16, 2021 7:02 AM
Mar 2017
the drama is very intense. I almost cried.
Jun 20, 2021 1:03 AM

Apr 2020
Better than the actual series 9/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 23, 2021 4:55 PM
Mar 2021
The movie is really good! Truly a masterpiece! Of both art and story.. as the movie shows on the different forms of love.. first we have a parents unconditional love, then we have "in memory of" kind of love for those who has passed, and true love.. the first, i can relate, even tho im still single.. lol.. but once u have kids, even tho u become their enemy in a way, they would do whatever it takes to be with u and to keep u safe from any harm.. in the movie, they did a recap of the past, on the story where the child has lost her mother due to illness and wrote letters for her only child.. so that she wont forget about her mother and wont get too lonely.. with both words and positive actions, the chances to forget such would be highly possible.. but with words written in paper, even tho limited a papers time may be, the feelings from the letter can transcend thru time itself.. which was why the mother chose to wrote a letter.. also cuz she just wants to tell more things to her only daughter in the future.. also, there is the "in memory of" kind of love, where one would remember their memories with their loved ones who has passed.. as the boy might not have the strength to be able to write, and was awkward with his family, he had no other choice but to hire the service for others to write for him.. and i would agree with violet, there are just some words that must be told no matter what, which is why one must always tell it before they regret in the future.. just like me and my one sided love.. maybe if i would have written my feelings instead, i wouldnt have such a regret.. and achieve true love, probably, just like with violet.. that upon knowing that her only loved one was alive, she then rushed to him to where he is, even forgetting all other appointments.. good thing they both had a happy ending, tho that was also the last that others have heard of violet.. since no fame and fortune could ever exchange for true love.. anyways, i rate the movie a 10 of 10, 10 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 23, 2021 4:57 PM
Mar 2021
The movie is really good! Truly a masterpiece! Of both art and story.. as the movie shows on the different forms of love.. first we have a parents unconditional love, then we have "in memory of" kind of love for those who has passed, and true love.. the first, i can relate, even tho im still single.. lol.. but once u have kids, even tho u become their enemy in a way, they would do whatever it takes to be with u and to keep u safe from any harm.. in the movie, they did a recap of the past, on the story where the child has lost her mother due to illness and wrote letters for her only child.. so that she wont forget about her mother and wont get too lonely.. with both words and positive actions, the chances to forget such would be highly possible.. but with words written in paper, even tho limited a papers time may be, the feelings from the letter can transcend thru time itself.. which was why the mother chose to wrote a letter.. also cuz she just wants to tell more things to her only daughter in the future.. also, there is the "in memory of" kind of love, where one would remember their memories with their loved ones who has passed.. as the boy might not have the strength to be able to write, and was awkward with his family, he had no other choice but to hire the service for others to write for him.. and i would agree with violet, there are just some words that must be told no matter what, which is why one must always tell it before they regret in the future.. just like me and my one sided love.. maybe if i would have written my feelings instead, i wouldnt have such a regret.. and achieve true love, probably, just like with violet.. that upon knowing that her only loved one was alive, she then rushed to him to where he is, even forgetting all other appointments.. good thing they both had a happy ending, tho that was also the last that others have heard of violet.. since no fame and fortune could ever exchange for true love.. anyways, i rate the movie a 10 of 10, 10 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 27, 2021 5:58 AM

Jan 2011
I didn’t like this movie :(( I know a lot of you loved it, but I just can’t stand that Gil seemed so weak and pathetic in this movie when he was so cool in the LN T—T
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down
Jun 29, 2021 3:56 AM

Mar 2020
COuldnt hold back my tears. I rarely cry tbh. I do feel sad but cring is quite rare for me. Damn it was just sooo beautiful!!!
Jun 30, 2021 12:18 AM

Nov 2020
It was literally anything you could have asked for in a violet evergarden movie 10/10 cried a lot, loved it even more. anyone who enjoyed the series has to watch the movie it’s the perfect conclusion.

i also watched it in a cinema (yesterday) and let me tell you so many people cried loudly, even my friend that were with me cried a little and i don’t think ive vier seen them cry.
_liquidgoldJun 30, 2021 12:26 AM

my anime list
spotify anime playlist
click for the feels

discord: liquidgold#3478
Jul 1, 2021 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
Fortress_MaximusJul 1, 2021 4:30 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 1, 2021 4:06 PM

Feb 2014
This movie is a prime example of how to make an average viewer feel emotionally drained within 2 hours almost without fail. Even after an hour after watching this movie at my local cinema, I still feel exhausted as I type this! XD

Either way, this movie got to me easily. I knew what I was expecting with the PV's, but it took about 10 minutes for me to start shedding a tear or two, which became more frequent as the movie went on. Hearing other movie-goers sniffing around me was very common, but it was another sign of how powerful the emotional scene hit us, especially with Yurith's last scenes before he died. That was damn well heartbreaking...

The guilt that Gilbert had on him was overwhelming and it was sad that he ended up hurting Violet when she wanted to see him, but thank goodness he was able to change his mind as the movie got to its climax. That scene with him and Violet crying at each other under the moonlit sky drained me of any tears that I had left.

I also liked how the story connected into the future and seeing Anna's grand-daughter taking her own journey to find out more about Violet and her trip influencing her to write back to her own parents, which made for a happy ending as well. =)

Overall, this movie was a masterpiece, even with one or two nit-picks aside. The voice acting was top notch, the soundtrack was superb and the overall visual production quality was perfect.

10/10
Jul 3, 2021 11:21 PM

Jun 2020
Great movie! They even makes me cry with the same thing again in the beginning...

Honestly Yurith's story hits me more but it such a nice ending for Violet!
Jul 5, 2021 8:30 PM
Jun 2020
it's good yeah but i feel like people are over exaggerating on this particular show, no hate just my opinion. Movie Films wise i think dissapearance of haruhi is still better but i like this show it's above average on a drama show on these days plus kyoto ani baby, so yeah maybe a solid 8/10
Jul 7, 2021 4:34 PM

Jan 2021
8/10
I’m a little upset that we probably won’t get a season two.
Also I’m confused if Violet and Gilbert are together…in a romantic way…
Jul 10, 2021 4:00 AM

Mar 2016
i am not crying, i am not crying, i am not crying... fuck T_T
i am just a piece of sobbing emotion tangle T_T why such a simple story can be that touching?!
Jul 10, 2021 4:04 AM

Mar 2016
xershey said:
8/10

yeah, i am confused as well, but now i am tend to think that it doesn't matter in this case. it's about love (basically the whole anime), but not romantic, friendship, family.. and i think even if romantic feelings can take place here, that dosn't mean, violet and gilbert are bounded only with that type of love.
Jul 10, 2021 4:07 AM

Mar 2016
chocomayu said:
Great movie! They even makes me cry with the same thing again in the beginning...

Honestly Yurith's story hits me more but it such a nice ending for Violet!

same! i cried from the beginning, and then yurith's story just slapped me in the face and i started to cry even more T_T
Jul 20, 2021 12:08 PM

Apr 2012
A question for those who read the original: if Violet and Gilbert did become an official couple, did they have a family or children?
Jul 27, 2021 4:28 AM
Jul 2020
the end of a series has never made me more sad than this series
Jul 29, 2021 9:03 AM

Jun 2010
Great movie!

Kyoto Animation did a great job by producing such wonderful anime.

Finally we get the conclusion of the story of two people in love, as well as many others whose lives which have been impacted tremendously by Violet and her colleagues, and even extended to their next and next generations.

I'm so happy with the ending and it is definitely a good closure for those dreams that people desire to come true.
Jul 30, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
I have never wanted to be able to physically hold a fictional character more than I have wanted to be able to physically hold Violet Evergarden. I have cried more tears this day watching this movie than I had cried in the entire year of 2020.

This series is something that I will treasure for the rest of my life. To all the people responsible for creating this series: Thank You Very Much.
Aug 5, 2021 5:59 PM

Jul 2019
This is it, this is THE BEST anime I've in my whole life
y'all should watch haibane renmei
Aug 6, 2021 7:11 PM
Jan 2021
Easily a 10/10 for me

I'm so pleased with that ending though, seeing violet and gilbert being finally reunited and ended up living & making letters together sure as hell puts my heart at ease
I can finally live in peace after seeing that, what an awesome sequel it was though honestly 👍
I definitely highly recommend it for those who are still looking for the closure of this series

And one last thing, a massive thank you to everyone who are responsible for making this awesome movie and giving us a proper closure that we all need for this series
Jensen52Aug 6, 2021 7:17 PM
Aug 11, 2021 2:32 AM

Nov 2019
This movie could have earned a spot amongst the shittiest I have ever watched without the creative opening and conclusion, and certainly the script is terribly-written.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Aug 24, 2021 11:48 PM

Dec 2007
I liked it a lot. I kinda wish we had more of Violet and Gilbert being together. I'm never a fan of the reunion / confession being the climatic finally of something. I'd much rather prefer we get moments of the two together than just a short final glimpse. But overall a nice movie and good ending to the series.
Aug 27, 2021 6:29 PM
Apr 2021
procion said:
The movie is not bad, but honestly I feel it's overrated.
The first half was too slow. The second one was indeed emotional but a bit predictable.
I'm also not convinced that this title needed romance plot at all, because it's not what series was about.
Maybe I've just grew too old and became desensitized.
Anyway I liked the original series more than the movies.

Darudius said:
So hang on. Don't they both die? Did I get baited about that?

I guess they did eventually. Unfortunately people tend to die.
I completely agree
the first 20 minutes were just recap of the original series with some of the worst exposition dialogue of all time. The thing is you tend to forget the problems of the beginning once you get to the climax, which is why I reckon a lot of people were able to rate this movie so highly despite it's bland beginning.

As for the actual plot, I would go a step further than you. For me the original series was all about overcoming grief and moving on with life after tragedy. This strikes home for me because I also had a relative pass away at a young age. And what ruins this show for me is the fact that Violet is able to get a happy resolution with Gilbert at all. It's almost a betrayal to all the real people who lost loved ones and will never get them back.
Bringing Gilbert back is narratively a no-brainer because his relationship with Violet was the heart of the original series, however thematically it ruins the empowering message of the original show - that although grief hurts, you can still move on and find meaning in life.

the actual execution of Violet Evergarden is also kinda shallow. The emotional moments don't come from the actual character relationships but from the score and the extreme situation. You aren't attached to the kid because he's a good character but because he's dying - and more importantly because the sad music is playing. The music is probably the most manipulative part of the entire series - incredibly sad music plays when even the smallest possibly sad thing happens in the story. And because there's no substance to any of the events of the show beyond the initial shock value, I just kinda forgot the whole experience within a few hours. It's not like other great shows and movies where the emotions stuck with me for days or even weeks.
Maybe this is just my experience and I'm also a sociopathic jerk who feels no emotion. Who knows
Aug 30, 2021 1:18 PM

May 2021
Trash ending 🗿🔪

Sep 7, 2021 2:24 PM

Jul 2020
This was a pretty good movie, I was lucky and got to see it in the theaters. I do wish I had the BDs, though, since there are some parts I'd like to watch again. I was also able to find a review with screenshots, great for returning to certain parts of the movie until October, which is when I think the BDs do come out.
Sep 25, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2018
I haven't shed so many tears in a long time.

Absolute masterpiece. 10/10
Sep 26, 2021 7:57 AM

Oct 2016
Despite not being a fan of the franchise, I feel about this movie the same way I do about Thrice Upon a Time, I'm glad this movie exist, if anything for its meta value after the tragedy and stuff.

That aside, I always found the themes and intentions of the franchise to be a positive, but it suffered of meandering with one off secondary characters with, to me, rather unimportant issues, messy directing, character regression and by being very tryhard as a tearjerker.

The movie had all its intentions, focused on the main story, tied the secondary characters to the main story with well made parallelisms, closed Violet's arc and the main plot in a satisfying way after all the previous build up, with competent directing, and wasn't as tryhard as a tearjerker, thus it was more effective as an emotional film, it wasn't as manipulative as the series and specials, or other KyoAni works.

The plot is still a sappy love story with convenient events that I can't help but see as gentle brooming to some point, but I can respect the movie for all of the above.
Sep 26, 2021 5:39 PM
Jul 2020
Fantastic movie and ending. I wouldve liked them to animte spoiler

Their weeding but i can understand why they didnt. Its best to be open ended so that people woo didnt want them to end up togehter wont feel angry
Sep 28, 2021 10:04 AM

Jul 2012
What a great ending for the series! Was thinking on watching later, but it turned out into a sad evening =/
While expected more from the main season, some episodes were amazing, but others felt really out of place. It was really inconsistent, but that was a really good conclusion.

Yurith's story was really sad. Seems like Violet got through many similar situations :(
Was surprised by the small comedy moment. I think it was pretty funny esp for just a small addition to the sad atmosphere. Also the thumbs up =/

Thought that the scene in ending them staying in the water was a bit too long, but obv really glad they were able meet again!

Overall 9/10 Really liked this work from KyoAni, but still think it could've been better. Patiently waiting for Kumiko's graduation!!!
Sep 30, 2021 5:28 AM
Feb 2021
the ending is perfect!!!
Sep 30, 2021 8:27 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was really good, thumbs up for the amount of effort put into the animation and the ambience, it really shows. There wasn't a single scene I found to be ugly or displeasing visual-wise, and the composition carries so much emotion that you could really feel what the characters did. Joy, sadness, remorse, all feelings that you can empathize with and almost cry... almost

Somehow that didn't happen in my case. I got where the emotion from Violet meeting Gilbert was coming from as well as the side stories yet they didn't leave me with that big of an impact. I was very close to break though but something felt missing and I can’t put my finger on what it is. During the original run of the series I had the same issue. Maybe it’s me not fully buying that he wasn’t dead or not getting that attached to the cast. It might also just be a "me" problem so take this take with a grain of salt.

In any case, I can safely recommend it to those you enjoyed the anime as lots of references are made to it, even the special. You might wanna check that one out first in case you've missed it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 30, 2021 6:44 PM
Dec 2011

Wow I really wish they would have released this movie shortly after the series ended. I have vivid memories of the side story movie and that was wonderful. I only gave the series an 8 but with this movie it is easily one of my favorite love stories I've ever seen. So happy to see that things can end this way, even for people who become broken.
Oct 2, 2021 1:52 PM

Dec 2014
the movie was so good.... thanks once again for making this and it wrapped up pretty nicely
Oct 2, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
One of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life.

1. They reused the same plot from episode 10 which made the show so beloved. But that was a cheap move here.

2. The artwork, especially backgrounds as well as animation in general was a huge step down from the show. The characters designs were reused to hell, like seriously, the Yurith guy looks so much like Isabella and Ryuka looks exactly like Taylor.

3. Speaking of Isabella and Taylor, no conclusion to their story. It was left as it as. Wierd. They weren't even shown. Like we clearly know from last movie that Taylor is now living with Violet but somehow we never see her.

4. Way too many flashbacks. Too much. Dude I am watching this movie cuz I already watched the show. I don't need a flashback every 2 minutes.

5. Too much of a sob story. While it worked in the show, mostly due to the undertone of war and the destruction it bought, here it just feels like they are trying so incredibly hard to make you cry.

6. The movie was too drawn out. Way too much. Gilbert's way of thinking has been used and reused so much in anime that I was groaning while watching. Its the same old "I love you but we can't be together because its better for you".

7. Like bruh why are letters the solution to everything? Literally every drama in the show is resolved via writing letters. Why? The show is called Violet Evergarden not Letters lmao. You don't have to resolve everything via letters. It just feels cheesy and cringy now.

Like hey you gotta an issue? Write a letter. You're dying? Write a letter. Want to talk? Write a letter. Want to do anything? Write a letter.....

In the end I just feel like I wasted too much time on this. Should never really have invested in the series to begin with. All these years of wait for such a worse than mediocre finale.
Oct 13, 2021 9:29 AM
Jun 2021
I hadn't cried for long time by watching anime. But in this masterpiece, more than seven time my tears ran down. Every scene has such a great mutual feeling connected to me all the time. First of all, scene which remind me about letter from a mother to her daughter on her every year birthday, this moment is my best episode from the first season so it gave me tears at the very first five minutes of the movie. Secondly, scene of little ill boy talked about happiness of having his young brother and how he was really feel is touched my pounding heart so much. Thirdly, when Violet was at front door calling Gilbert made me more understand him but another thought was want to punch in his face and drag him to Violet. Then the expressive scene was Hodgins shouted "bakayaro" to Gilbert which was what I want and this made it more emotional. Last thing is very last scene. After talked with his brother, Gilbert ran and the ending song of first season began and he met Violet. That's it! I don't know what to say about this scene. It is a kind of happiness and heartbreaking scene of all time. Overall, this movie is a masterpiece. It is the best ending of Violet Evergarden's story. 💜💜💜
Oct 13, 2021 9:40 AM

Jan 2011
This movie made me cry so much. It really made a great work combining a great art, and an epic history, a really gold end for this.
Oct 13, 2021 11:58 AM

Apr 2019
I knew they would deliver and they indeed did. Amazing ending, with an even more amazing message.

Oct 13, 2021 2:23 PM
Aug 2020
I was so hyped for this movie, every delay hurt my soul and now it is finally out. I had insanely high expectations for this...and they all got met. Goddamn, thank you, KyoAni! <3
Oct 13, 2021 2:29 PM

Jun 2020
Wow. Waiting for this movie was worth it. What an amazing movie. Most beautiful animation. Thank you, KyoAni. The soundtracks were great as well. Seems like they didn't use the ost from the show. All in all, from the show to this movie - it was an astounding experience.

Goodbye, Violet Evergarden.
Oct 13, 2021 2:54 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It was never about a question whether I would cry, but how much I would. And that, well, was aplenty, it's good that the bin was right beside me to save some time and whatnot.

Another heartfelt and delightful story to wrap up proceedings for the series, and Kyoto Animation certainly didn't hold back one bit to display their finesse in the Animation/Artstyle side of things. All the intricate details and stunning backgrounds, thank you KyoAni! In particular, the scenes of the waters in the ocean. My lord, they were simply 10/10. I wonder how I'm going to be able to focus on anything else when I watch the Free movies in the near future lol.

First few minutes of the episode featuring the future descendant of the familiar characters really set the movie up and this kind of made some of the moments and scenes more memorable. Especially, that stamp that is only available on the island. That's such a fine way to close the franchise, honestly. I remember the early promotional materials of the anime having that visual, and that just put a smile on my face.

Yuris's story at first seemed atypical and thus 'okay' in my eyes but then the way his final moments were handled completely changed my impression. Props to Iris and Benedict for all their efforts and I'm glad he was able to say what he wanted to his friends. His family's smiles in the end made it all the more touching, as well. Violet being able to comprehend and decipher some of his feelings earlier was a nice touch too, she's come really far over the course of the series and I'm glad things ended nicely for her too.

More on that, now. To be honest, I could totally see where Gilbert was coming from, all that regret and guilt. But it took a little too much time, man. At least the elder brother was there to make amends as well as give him the final push though. When Violet plunged into the ocean, I was hoping that she could swim in that outfit but it didn't turn out to be as shallow lol.

Would've loved to see more screentime of the two but I like how they didn't try to make it overly romantic and such, so I'll give them that. Post credit scene giving us a snippet was much appreciated, for one.

Got to give the winger in Hodgins-san some well-deserved credit though! "You idiot", the passion in that was fiery. On a more serious note, that shot of him recalling back to the times when Violet used to struggle with using a spoon, fork and knife to eat really got me. Some of the comedic moments (child gender preference) was quite hilarious too. Some more development with Cattleya-san would've been a lot cooler, however.

Surprised we didn't get to see much of the side characters here. Some more up-to-date info of the Bartlett sisters would've been especially nice.

Solid 9/10! Thank you to Kyoto Animation for producing this dime of a franchise with such heart and love! It took me a while to watch this (thanks Netflix) but I'm glad I was able to keep up with such a fantastic story. Certainly one of my all-time favs!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 13, 2021 3:29 PM

Dec 2015
I had to hold back my tears a lot. This movie was magnificent from start to finish. From the production, to the directions, soundtrack, and of course the screenwriting. This is most likely my favorite anime movie ever. Strong 9/10 and I might put in my sacred 10/10 list later.
BetterTasteOct 14, 2021 3:25 AM
Oct 13, 2021 11:09 PM

Aug 2018
BEAUTIFUL.
The whole movie has been beautiful. The animation, the soundtrack, everything was beautiful, I loved it.
Thank you KyoAni.
Oct 14, 2021 1:14 AM
Mar 2018
the biggest blue ball experience of my life. i knew major was alive ever since the first ep and its finally come together. i really liked the animation. when the red guy called major a idiot with that camera zoom out in the rain, that was epic. really liked daisy and the time skip part as well. it kinda had a melancholic and ephemeral vibe to it. but alas, not many emotions were felt here. mainly it was super super dialogue heavy with characters that were all kinda average. they didnt have many aspects or traits i found compelling so it was hard to feel for them since i couldnt really care less about them, despite the grand reunion and everything they been through. to give an analogy, it was like seeing good things happen to strangers and yeah i feel happy for them, but do i really care about it? not really. thus, 8/10.

also gilbert is fucking 29 and violet is 18 and they get marriedin the LN. bruhh. bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

xershey said:
8/10

in the ever after LN, which takes place after the movie, they get married. so yeah
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Romance between gilbert and violet ( 1 2 )

NaCreamy - May 7, 2021

75 by Arminken »»
May 3, 2:42 AM

» The ending is horrible in my opinion ( 1 2 3 )

HeSaidArise - Sep 3, 2023

104 by EntireInternet »»
Mar 24, 2:33 PM

» Usagi Drop similarities (spoiler)

RealNath - Jan 26

14 by veroubri »»
Jan 27, 5:36 AM

» Should I watch the movie or TV show first?

Damon_dinh - Aug 9, 2023

29 by Ronaldthompson »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:50 AM

» Why I do not like Violet ( 1 2 )

theeblueberry - Jun 13, 2023

54 by Pityfool »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.