Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 26, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2018
Askeladd used Taunt on Thorfinn

It was super effective
Aug 26, 2019 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
When you can sense an episode is well directed. I enjoyed it from start to finish without any exception - I got all satisfied.

The duel was exciting and I loved the close-ups showcasing amazing reflexes of both Thorfinn and Askeladd. Also, it get me to understand more deeply their characters individually and why do they do what they do and why they act that way. They both has somewhat started to carry this show for me from here.

The slave girl was cute, I liked her.

And wow. Such beautiful glimpses of Prince Canute's long hair and eyes, plus some sick appearance of Thorkell.... - I'm hyped.
Aug 26, 2019 4:46 PM

Oct 2016
Spoilers

I especially admired the parallels in this episode--Askeladd musing that everyone is a slave to something, his miserly friend clearly a slave to money, that same miserly friend with a slave whom compares herself to Thornfinn, and Thornfinn not understanding that he is a slave to his own revenge... the scene with his "father" reminded me that even his father was a slave to pride/honor/duty as a father. Very well-written content.
It's called a trashCAN, not a trashCANNOT.
Aug 26, 2019 5:36 PM

Jun 2017
Another great episode. Thorfinn's character is so interesting to me, and I'm intrigued to see what the culmination of his journey and experiences will be. I love the line, "Everyone is a slave to something." It's so true - even moreso in today's world. This is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorites.
Aug 27, 2019 12:12 AM

Jun 2017
Despite being skilled as a warrior, Thorfinn still lost agains Askellad, because he was emotionally provoked, nice tactics Askellad, looks like war is coming though.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Aug 27, 2019 1:59 AM
Nov 2013
Honestly can't put up with the wait anymore, this is too good. Will probably be picking up the manga here soon.
Aug 27, 2019 2:41 AM

May 2018
Pretty nice duel at first, but then Thorfinn let his emotion go wild that's why he loses. Pretty unsatisfying at that part, but then the last part caught my attention. Finally the war has begun which is the part I really loved to see, so I was expecting Askeladd's team to join on war. The guy at the last part looks like Askellad, but I guess almost all of them have similar faces.

Aug 27, 2019 4:06 AM

Feb 2012
me during the final scene : Damn you Kurohigeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!
only the Zehahaha was missing
Aug 27, 2019 4:18 AM

Apr 2018
Okay looks like Thorfinn is still far away from beating Askeladd but he did pretty well. Looks like a new war will break through and that guy at the end looks interesting
Aug 27, 2019 7:01 AM

Jun 2009
They covered 18 chapters (including the Ylva bonus chapter) in 8 episodes. Very impressive. They didn't leave anything out. Taking into account episode 5 was mostly filler except the Ylva scene, they even expanded on the source material. They did a good job with episode 7, they covered 70+ pages in a 22 minute episode. The big change I think they did was in episode 8. In the manga, Thofinn doesn't tell Hordaland about Vinland. It's just Hordaland wondering if there's a land of peace across the horizon while Thorfinn stays silent. In the anime however Hordaland is pessimistic and thinks no matter how far you go there's no peace anywhere. Here Thorfinn doesn't stay silent and tells her of Vinland, and describes it as a place of peace, with no slaves. So in the anime they're trying to make Thorfinn slightly more humane and likeable than he is in the manga in those chapters. So I wonder if they'll add the scene in chapter 20. It made me really dislike Thorfinn.

It took me a few volumes after that to start liking Thorfinn again. Now he's one of my favorite characters in manga. Yukimura did a great job with Thorfinn's character development.
Aug 27, 2019 12:56 PM

Jul 2016
Seeing Thors showing up again made me remember how much I miss his character. Honestly, the only one I have found somewhat interesting so far.

Overall, definitely better than the boring previous episode. Thorfinn's hallucination about his father and subsequent talk with Hordaland, the slave woman, was my favorite part without a doubt.

By the way, I was a bit disappointed about the way how Thorfinn was defeated with such common trick but I guess it was to be expected since he's so blind by revenge he can't even notice he has been used by Askeladd all this time. The perfect example of a slave with no shackles.
Aug 27, 2019 1:52 PM

Mar 2015
So, if Thors was been able to appear before Thorfinn, means he wasn't went into Valhalla?
Aug 27, 2019 2:18 PM

Nov 2018
Tlahuizcapante said:
So, if Thors was been able to appear before Thorfinn, means he wasn't went into Valhalla?

1- it was a dream, he didnt realy appear for Thorfinn
2-Thors hates war now, why would he go to Valhalla?
Aug 27, 2019 2:41 PM
Feb 2016
-Ereya- said:
They covered 18 chapters (including the Ylva bonus chapter) in 8 episodes. Very impressive. They didn't leave anything out. Taking into account episode 5 was mostly filler except the Ylva scene, they even expanded on the source material. They did a good job with episode 7, they covered 70+ pages in a 22 minute episode. The big change I think they did was in episode 8. In the manga, Thofinn doesn't tell Hordaland about Vinland. It's just Hordaland wondering if there's a land of peace across the horizon while Thorfinn stays silent. In the anime however Hordaland is pessimistic and thinks no matter how far you go there's no peace anywhere. Here Thorfinn doesn't stay silent and tells her of Vinland, and describes it as a place of peace, with no slaves. So in the anime they're trying to make Thorfinn slightly more humane and likeable than he is in the manga in those chapters. So I wonder if they'll add the scene in chapter 20. It made me really dislike Thorfinn.

It took me a few volumes after that to start liking Thorfinn again. Now he's one of my favorite characters in manga. Yukimura did a great job with Thorfinn's character development.

Are they going to adapt the scene that you speak of (I didn't read the manga) in the next episode or will it be in the episode after?
Aug 27, 2019 2:57 PM
Aug 2019
ChainxBastard said:
-Ereya- said:

Are they going to adapt the scene that you speak of (I didn't read the manga) in the next episode or will it be in the episode after?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenAug 30, 2019 10:20 AM
Aug 27, 2019 8:03 PM

Oct 2013
This anime never ceases to amaze me. Each episode makes it even more beautiful and delightful to watch.

Thorfinn dueling Askeladd was great action wise. I thought Thorfinn might not win. He grew up in his skills a lot, but still he is too young and unexperienced to defeat somebody like Askeladd. Throfinn needs to control a little bit more his emotions.

Askeladd was right. Everyone is enslaved to something, even if a person thinks he/she is free.

Canute, eh? :o It will be totally entertaining to see young Canute's struggles to become a king. Let's not forget he will be known as "the Great".
Aug 27, 2019 9:22 PM

Aug 2015
This was a really great episode. Great to see Thorfinn giving his best, he has improved a lot but he still needs to train more. Wonder who that character at the end was...he looks interesting.
Aug 28, 2019 12:13 AM

Jul 2014
Im liking Vinland Saga even more, every eps is better than the previous one. I hope it stays like this till the end
Aug 28, 2019 12:45 AM

Jan 2018
To Thorfinn: Don't let emotions get through you. Period.

Got some new characters in the show. Cannot wait for further development towards them. That scene with Thors got me nearly crying. Askeladd is definitely right, Thorfinn still needs more training.
Aug 28, 2019 12:58 AM

Nov 2012
alphazero4um said:
This episode was impactful. Everyone is a slave to something. War and slave traders everywhere, but there is none in Vinland. And that ending. Oh my gosh. The voice actor is that who I think it is? Goodness gracious.

Too bad the Natives in Vinland are just as violent haha
--Toshi--Aug 28, 2019 1:01 AM
Aug 28, 2019 1:20 AM

Mar 2015
Tougen said:
Tlahuizcapante said:

1- it was a dream, he didnt realy appear for Thorfinn
2-Thors hates war now, why would he go to Valhalla?

Yeah, i know, it's just a bad joke.
But still i think, that you can't easily brush away idea that Thorfinn thinks his father in Valhalla. I mean, he's deeply respect him and Thors is really strong, also Valhalla for vikings is like Paradise, so you would like to think, that your strong father go to such a nice place, right? Just some of my silly thoughts, though.
TlahuizcapanteAug 28, 2019 2:39 AM
Aug 28, 2019 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
Anime-is-King said:
alphazero4um said:
This episode was impactful. Everyone is a slave to something. War and slave traders everywhere, but there is none in Vinland. And that ending. Oh my gosh. The voice actor is that who I think it is? Goodness gracious.

Yep, they were called Skræling by Norse people. Vinland is in Canada but especially in Central and South America with the Maya civilization and later Aztecs. Prisoners of wars and slaves were abundant. Even worse than with the Norse & vikings, the Aztecs had human sacrifices offered to their gods. Sometimes thousands in one day.
So yeah. Don't go further than Vinland lol. Even in Vinland in the manga Leif reveals
Aug 28, 2019 4:31 AM

Jul 2016
That dude at the end was the guy fighting with Thors right at the start right?
Aug 28, 2019 4:44 AM

Aug 2019
Vindicater said:

Yes. It looked a lot like Thorkell.
Aug 28, 2019 6:13 AM
May 2019
Such a cunning man this Askeladd, and Thorfinn is still emotional about his father's death. Although I wished he could control his feelings during the fight, the anime won't be giving him victory that soon lol
Aug 28, 2019 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
xenosys said:
Vindicater said:

Yes. It looked a lot like Thorkell.

Hah, he looked familiar for me as well. His skills in throwing axes are spectacular.
Aug 28, 2019 9:36 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Finally, the first real duel between Thorfinn and Askeladd. It appears Askeladd had to use some dirty tactics as it appears Thorfinn is strong enough to take him head on. Askeladd shows some wisdom later in the episode with that great line, "everyone is a slave to something." It's hard to deny that he makes a compelling antagonist.

The scene between Thorfinn and his father was great, as it basically shows that Thorfinn is still a crying child at heart.

That slave girl was really pretty. I hope we see her again and she's not just a one off character. From my impression, given that she was focused on multiple times through the episode, it makes me think that we'll see her again.

Another terrific episode.
Aug 28, 2019 11:49 PM

Jan 2019
Askeladd still being the guy I want to hate, yet there's this little thing that I enjoy from him, almost akin to Sheogorath from the elder scrolls. Maybe it's because they look alike.. Charismatic villains have always been a soft spot for me. Still waiting for the real deal duel.
"WHERE DAT SUNFLOWER BOI AT?"

Aug 29, 2019 2:05 AM
Dec 2018
Thank god it's not a dumb filler like the last episode. Is there really a need to make a filler for this series? Does this mean they plan on it being long-running?

Todd_ said:
That slave girl was really pretty. I hope we see her again and she's not just a one off character. From my impression, given that she was focused on multiple times through the episode, it makes me think that we'll see her again.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenAug 30, 2019 10:19 AM
Aug 29, 2019 5:04 AM

Apr 2015
Apart from the lame at best aesthetics the consistenly minimally interesting one-dimensional-ness(so far) of the MC is a concern.
Aug 29, 2019 6:09 AM

Nov 2018
Lanz said:
Apart from the lame at best aesthetics the consistenly minimally interesting one-dimensional-ness(so far) of the MC is a concern.

If you dont like something thats on you, but calling a character of this series one-dimensional but rating mahou magica a 10 is extremely hipocritical.
Aug 29, 2019 11:04 PM

Jul 2015
Jim_White said:
Thank god it's not a dumb filler like the last episode. Is there really a need to make a filler for this series? Does this mean they plan on it being long-running?

Todd_ said:

Nope, slave girl is gone forever after this, she serves no other purpose. She can't be a love interest cuz of history. His historical wife will show up and join his group later but she's kinda crazy. She's not quite as pretty as the slave girl but I like her; nobody is as pretty as Canute anyways so why does it even matter?
There was no filler last episode at all
Sup...
Aug 29, 2019 11:42 PM
Jul 2019
phantomfandom said:
OMG Thors is back! Even if it's just a dream. He's the only thing that make me continue watching. As no matter how much Thorfinn grow he'll never be as big as his father. And Thorfinn will continue to commit many mistakes in his life, I don't have time for that. And I have a feeling that it'll be female's role to soften his heart, can't his heart be soften by male? He needs father role model replacement so it'd be logical (for me) that there's a guy out there that make him realize no one has any enemy.

Ohoho just keep watch it
Aug 30, 2019 1:08 AM

Apr 2012
Knowing the history of the United States, there is something incredibly ironic in the fact that MC offers her to escape from slavery to North America.
Aug 30, 2019 1:56 AM
Nov 2017
RobertBobert said:
Knowing the history of the United States, there is something incredibly ironic in the fact that MC offers her to escape from slavery to North America.

Why? She's not black, not a problem.
Aug 30, 2019 2:10 AM

Feb 2019
This is the Berserk anime we wanted but never got.
Aug 30, 2019 2:18 AM

Apr 2012
mohrip said:
RobertBobert said:

Why? She's not black, not a problem.

She is also not a warrior. However, he mentions that in Vinland are no wars.
Aug 30, 2019 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
Tougen said:
Lanz said:

If you dont like something thats on you, but calling a character of this series one-dimensional but rating mahou magica a 10 is extremely hipocritical.

You actually could be right...I watched it 8 bloody years ago. Perhaps I would be bothered by something out of Madoka if it were a 2019 show..but it isn't one, hence the 10.

And he's still one dimensional...until now at least. I'm fairly confident he won't be in a few months...
Aug 30, 2019 7:43 AM
Jan 2018
SenpaiJay98 said:
Jim_White said:

Nope, slave girl is gone forever after this, she serves no other purpose. She can't be a love interest cuz of history. His historical wife will show up and join his group later but she's kinda crazy. She's not quite as pretty as the slave girl but I like her; nobody is as pretty as Canute anyways so why does it even matter?

episode 7 was the first chapter wasn't it or was it this one
Aug 30, 2019 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
Marrone said:
SouthRzVa said:
Seeing Thors showing up again made me remember how much I miss his character. Honestly, the only one I have found somewhat interesting so far.

Askeladd is more interesting than Thors

I guess you're referring to later events in the story, which make him more interesting but from what I've seen so far, I find his character to be quite boring.
Aug 30, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2016
Marrone said:
SouthRzVa said:

I guess you're referring to later events in the story, which make him more interesting but from what I've seen so far, I find his character to be quite boring.

Even in the first 8 eps he is interesting. Never came across someone calling Askeladd boring. Can understand Thorfinn slander at first but Askeladd is charismatic from the get go.

I guess it's just a matter of tastes then. There are a lot of episodes left tho, so my opinion can change. Especially now with this upcoming war.
Aug 30, 2019 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
Mattinator95 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

episode 7 was the first chapter wasn't it or was it this one
Yes it was the first chapter(which was 88 pages)
Sup...
Aug 31, 2019 2:21 AM

Apr 2018
At last, we see Thorkell with that swinging axe xD The fight between Alskadden and Thorfinn was really good until his emotions got to him. Thorfinn is strong but he needs to not let his emotions get to him
Aug 31, 2019 12:11 PM

Oct 2016
-So, obviously the highlight of this episode was the big duel between Thorfinn and Askeladd. Now for some reason, I was 95% sure that Thorfinn was going to win, given how skilled he is. It was a very big surprise to see Askeladd to be the one to win. Thorfinn let himself get manipulated way too easily. I think Askeladd is anticipating his eventual defeat. We all know Thorfinn will become stronger and stronger.
-Thorfinn's conversation with the slave girl was very interesting and showed a lot about his character. I wonder if we'll ever get to see any more of her.
-We finally get to see the guy with the cool helmet from the opening. So that's Cnut, huh. I wonder why they chose to respell his name.
-The axe throwing scene was really silly.
-Since I'm already a fan of viking history, I can guess how Cnut is going to play into this attack on L:ondon. It'll still be cool to see it in anime form though.
Looking forward to the next episode already. This was a really good episode, though it did feel a bit short. I guess that can't be helped.

Pig_on_the_knee said:
Food for thought. If AskelaDD and his rape laDDs weren't rapists they'd all be incels. Really makes you think.

Probably not. Those girls were talking about him in a very positive manner. Standards were different 1000 years ago, believe it or not.

Daniel_Naumov said:
The most pleasant episode I have seen so far. PROPER representation of combat between Thorfinn and Askeladd, remarks on slavery and materialism... If only everyone was so spiritually elevated back in 1000s.
I find it conflicting how Askeladd's crew is depicted slaughtering villages and raiding people, and then they get back home where they are welcomed, they laugh together with other families and even touch children - it appears so surreal. Except that it is how the world is, no matter how malicious and evil, yours is prioritized over theirs and no one questions their brethren. I do not know if there was really such a parallel here, as envisioned by the author, but it just struck me as... conflicting.

Sheragin said:
I'm really digging Vinland Saga's characters, story, and world.
Despite the matter that there are some contents i'm uncomfortable with in this series, the execution and journey of our main character really captivates me.

I could say I am feeling the same. While there are things I would lengthily criticize, I would like to see this series end as something positive. We will see, of course. But my faith is strong here.

>remarks on slavery and materialism... If only everyone was so spiritually elevated back in 1000s.
I feel like a lot of people were, but there was a lot less they could do about it. Remember a few episodes ago when that village that helped Thorfinn was attacked? He just sighed and moved on. We still have to do that today sometimes, but back then it truly was a dog-eat-dog world. You just had to focus on yourself and your family.

beminim said:
I kept screaming at Thorfinn to not get riled up by askeladd but well, nothing could have been done. He has all the right to be pissed. I still don't agree with his father's philosophy. There are very little people, especially in the kind of world they live, that don't have enemies. Why should you not get revenge if it can help you to move on?

Poor slave girl, the thing is that even if she were to try to escape, what can she to when she is a thing person and she is against burly men? probably not much. It was very insensitive for Thorfinn to just assume anyone can go about it the way he has. He started as a kid yes, but he is still a guy. That girl just by being a girl has way more things to worry about. I really liked this episode and appreciated not seeing as much CG as the last one. I still think the boats look horrendous.

>I still don't agree with his father's philosophy. There are very little people, especially in the kind of world they live, that don't have enemies. Why should you not get revenge if it can help you to move on?
Yeah, I completely agree with you. I liked Thors, but he seems like one of those characters who would say "killing him makes you just like him!"
>It was very insensitive for Thorfinn to just assume anyone can go about it the way he has. He started as a kid yes, but he is still a guy. That girl just by being a girl has way more things to worry about.
Thorfinn has kind of been an edgy brat for a while now. I felt bad for her too. She finally has someone to talk to and he's just rude about it. It still was a very important conversation, nonetheless.

K1ngOfSloth said:
There passed more than one year since Thors' dead right? Kinda sounded like they come back to their village every year but no one seemed to know Thorfinn... But he's been with them for a couple years now right

Thorfinn's skills are really good ngl. His emotions really get in the way tho

And damn Thorkell.. Talkin 'bout badass

>There passed more than one year since Thors' dead right? Kinda sounded like they come back to their village every year but no one seemed to know Thorfinn... But he's been with them for a couple years now right
That is a very good observation. I didn't notice that, but you're totally right.

ttcchen said:
that axe throw in the end is fucking crazy! Thorkell sure is a force to be reckoned with! He also looks like Askeladd... :/

Thorfinn definitely needs to work on his control more. The worst thing you can let happen to you is allow your emotions to control your actions. When he's overwhelmed with rage, his swings become unnecessarily big which exposes the rest of his body open to attacks.

Can't wait to see Canute's face animated.

beminim said:
He started as a kid yes, but he is still a guy. That girl just by being a girl has way more things to worry about.

Like what? I see no difference. She could easily assassinate her master when he's sleeping. Size is no difference when it comes to silent, stealthy attacks. It's her innocence that is in the way. She has to get it through her head that in the time period she lives in it's kill or be killed.

>Like what? I see no difference. She could easily assassinate her master when he's sleeping. Size is no difference when it comes to silent, stealthy attacks. It's her innocence that is in the way. She has to get it through her head that in the time period she lives in it's kill or be killed.
But then where does she go from there? She would likely freeze to death like the Slav did. She also doesn't have the advantage of joining some random Viking crew because of her gender. She's just stuck.

KANLen09 said:
So the pirate boys have finally made it home.
Well well, never expected Askeladd's village to be one war-loving country. Plus that harem...(though I swear they snug a male VA in that midst for gender equality).

Finally the fuel between Askeladd and Thorfinn gets underway. Master manipulator if I could call one, on top with his cunning psychological talk that defeated Thorfinn mentally.

The moment where the slave girl Hordaland and Thorfinn really clicked was one of admonishment about their own future. Everyone is a slave to something.

Some important people are on the way...Canute and Thorkell the Tall. The moment the axe came in, it was brutal.

Another filler episode(?), but as is with the past, it was done exceptionally well and adds to characterization.

>Another filler episode(?), but as is with the past, it was done exceptionally well and adds to characterization.
Wait, which portion was filler? I haven't read the manga.

-Ereya- said:
Anime-is-King said:

Yep, they were called Skræling by Norse people. Vinland is in Canada but especially in Central and South America with the Maya civilization and later Aztecs. Prisoners of wars and slaves were abundant. Even worse than with the Norse & vikings, the Aztecs had human sacrifices offered to their gods. Sometimes thousands in one day.
So yeah. Don't go further than Vinland lol. Even in Vinland in the manga Leif reveals

>Vinland is in Canada
So all these cool characters are going to end up being disgusting leafs? Shoot...

Aug 31, 2019 1:26 PM
Mar 2013
Thorfinn just gets stronger and stronger. I think he was provoked on purpose and it might be that askeladd was not sure of his victory. Yeah he has great experience behind but he was no match for his father and Thorfinn obviously walks in his father's stepps getting better and actually stronger.

This reference of what Askeladd said of different ways using people, we can directly link it to Thorfinn. He used this brat to do his dirty work and ruines his life knowing that he was just a naive kid that was deeply hurt.

As he said everyone is a slave of something or to someone and the sequence of the slave that thought Thorfinn was a slave shows how much Thorfinn resembles as a slave, he just can't break free of his mental state and his father that appears in dream even tells him that is no need for any revenge or anything. He still doesn't understand at what costs his revenge comes.

On another thought it is good for Thorfinn to become a strong warrior, after all back in the days was just about war, kill or being killed. Some day his mom and sis might need protection and he is the only one who could offer it.
Aug 31, 2019 3:21 PM

Sep 2014
The axe throw at the end looked amazing.

Thorfinn about to get a waifu? nice.

I like this so far, but after Vikings and the Last Kingdom it feels rather dull. usually its the opposite with live action and anime for me, but here its missing the rough middle ages feel. Especially for a seinen show.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 31, 2019 3:52 PM
Apr 2019
Comander-07 said:

I like this so far, but after Vikings and the Last Kingdom it feels rather dull. usually its the opposite with live action and anime for me, but here its missing the rough middle ages feel. Especially for a seinen show.

The majority of what the anime has adapted so far has been chapters that were released back when the series was a shonen( it started as shonen then moved to a senien magazine later) the only chapter that was from after the move so far was the one where Thorfinn got saved by and betrayed that English family( the anime adapted the chapters in a different order episodes 7 and 8 were actually chapters 1 and 2 in the manga then it went into Thorfinn's backstroy).
Aug 31, 2019 3:57 PM

Sep 2014
Lawren222 said:
Comander-07 said:

The majority of what the anime has adapted so far has been chapters that were released back when the series was a shonen( it started as shonen then moved to a senien magazine later) the only chapter that was from after the move so far was the one where Thorfinn got saved by and betrayed that English family( the anime adapted the chapters in a different order episodes 7 and 8 were actually chapters 1 and 2 in the manga then it went into Thorfinn's backstroy).
that explains it. In theory changing the demographics as your character growths up isnt even a bad idea. But we didnt need him to start as a kid, might as well have started as a teenager and moved to the serious part sooner.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 1, 2019 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
shayed__ said:
looks like we caught a glance of some the more important characters in this episode like Canute and the other dude at the end.

good episode overall, although I was hoping for a more meaningful message from Askeladd after he defeated Thorfinn.
I don't think it would make much sense, askeladd obviously just uses them he wouldn't just give him tip to get better like a master or something.
phantomfandom said:
OMG Thors is back! Even if it's just a dream. He's the only thing that make me continue watching. As no matter how much Thorfinn grow he'll never be as big as his father. And Thorfinn will continue to commit many mistakes in his life, I don't have time for that. And I have a feeling that it'll be female's role to soften his heart, can't his heart be soften by male? He needs father role model replacement so it'd be logical (for me) that there's a guy out there that make him realize no one has any enemy.
dude looking at the first part of the message you're never gonna like this anime. it's not about that. if you "don't have time" just drop it.
Sep 1, 2019 7:57 PM
Nov 2017
Great episode, I read the manga but I didn’t really think of what Askeladd said but after hearing him say everyone is a Slave to something I realized another reason why he’s one of my favorite characters of all time
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

814 by katnissdawn »»
Sep 18, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

262 by Ronin_Alx »»
Sep 17, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

410 by Mglasses »»
Sep 10, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

356 by siluthfi_ »»
Sep 5, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2019

329 by Artromex »»
Aug 14, 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.