Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2018 3:48 PM

Sep 2016
ED Wallpapers when? those pictures are orgasm for the eyes
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 16, 2018 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
Since they gave so much information about the lizardmen then I'm guessing they won't just die and become an undead after the war. Anyway I just hope to see Entoma in battle.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
Jan 16, 2018 4:03 PM

Jan 2012
Zero_Vi_Britania said:

Yes, it was Ainz that sent the messenger.

So if he's planning on killing them why are we spending all this time with them?
Jan 16, 2018 4:05 PM

Jun 2017
Kinda funny to see a lot of people getting mad over the lizard arc. Its literally world building even more and setting it up for us to care about them. If they rushed or skipped this arc, people who read the manga/light novel, would be mad and disappointed that they skipped this arc. In my opinion this arc is really crucial to building the world in Overlord and demonstrating later on towards the conclusion of the arc that people of Nazarick should think for themselves. besides its only gonna be probably up to episode 4 or 5 when the arc ends, instead of waiting 3 months or even longer for the arc to end in the manga/light novel.
Jan 16, 2018 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
>people not liking this arc
>yo where's my OP harem MC self-insert at
Jan 16, 2018 4:16 PM

Feb 2015
Crocodile Politics can fuck off, nobody cares about that, just give us Momonga, Shalltear and Albedo, and I'll be happy.

Jan 16, 2018 4:24 PM

Aug 2015
animefan8800 said:
Zero_Vi_Britania said:

Yes, it was Ainz that sent the messenger.

So if he's planning on killing them why are we spending all this time with them?

At the ending of season 1 Ainz was talking about experimenting with undead, he wants to create stronger ones. Albedo said that they found a lizardman village that they can use. And thus we are here.
Jan 16, 2018 4:26 PM

Jan 2012
GillItMr_No said:
animefan8800 said:

At the ending of season 1 Ainz was talking about experimenting with undead, he wants to create stronger ones. Albedo said that they found a lizardman village that they can use. And thus we are here.

Oh I see, so he wants to make them all zombies? Sorry, been awhile since I watched season one. Well, this should be interesting. XD
Jan 16, 2018 4:27 PM

Jan 2015
Crashmatt said:
FlawlezZ said:

yep agree this series is shit. even worse than s1

Begs the question why the fuck your watchi ng it then.

Still could be worse it could be Naturto Shitpudding
You know some people like to watch the series to the end even though it's bad so they can discuss it with people and see if it gets any better? Not everyone drops a show right when there's a bad episode especially this early. Maybe the next arc will be better? Your logic makes no sense.
Jan 16, 2018 5:01 PM

Apr 2011
A lot of focus on the lizardmen and less time about Ainz bothers me a bit. Funny scenes between the two lizards when the lizard guy seem to fall in love at first sight. And it seems Demiurge and the others doesn't seem to favor Ainz and wants him out.
Jan 16, 2018 5:17 PM

May 2014
Jokuc said:
Swagernator said:
shitton of unimportant information about some secondary lizardmen
CG said:
Gee, I'm not interested in lizard mating rituals. Was it really necessary to spend that much time on it?
Akaome_Nanashi said:
who cares about lizards and lizards
Trebolz said:
Is this overlord, or overlizard? Like wtf?
KorudoKun said:
Now, this isn't what I bargained for. I'd like to see more of Ains
RegulusNeil said:
come on Ainz didnt appear this episode they should at least make the lizard intro a bit short
MrFalkers said:
Felt like this was 1 episode wasted on lizards that no one cares about
LF2005 said:
to summarise, it was another boring episode, so disappointing, the main plot is stuck in place & we see a side story that soon wont matter
hiraishinx said:
now it´s about some boring and not important lizards ??
Comander-07 said:
Felt almost like some sort of filler, or cashgrab OVA material. No Albedo, No Ainz, no goth loli, atleast one of the pleiades grills was around. For 10 seconds. Pls somebody tell me it will get better than this?

Well that's lots of people going into this anime having no idea what it's gonna be like.

I'm sorry to disappoint but this is not a filler, it's an actual arc in the manga, so expect more lizard episodes. Everything isn't about Ainz, the arcs in Overlord is about different people in the world and how Ainz affect them, so for this arc, the lizardmen ARE the MCs. There will be more cool stuff, but that's after the lizards. So second half of this season unless they speed things up.

I liked this episode. Lizards are cool.

Oh dont get me wrong Man Iknow already that this iz an actual arc coz I already read the novel but with the limited episode I think its not good to fuly adapt those like many had done to other LN adaptation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2018 5:18 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I think it's nice that the series is focusing on some secondary characters. It expands on the world a bit and I hope it gets a nice payoff in the end. No Ainz or Albedo this ep but thats ok.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 16, 2018 5:18 PM

Jul 2017
why people bitching around now like "this is worst than season 1" , "wasted time"
some people always like this if anime keep progressing story slowly or building story
do you want skipping story to much? like suddenly lizardman got rekt with no idea what and how causes it?
come on this just episode 2 not last episode , the hell with you kiddo?
Jan 16, 2018 5:42 PM

Nov 2017
Have to admit,I was hoping to see more of Ainz by now,but,tbh,this is still damn good storytelling.
I like the way the Lizardfolk are being portrayed,as thinking feeling people,not just some generic monsters to be dealt with for the sake of it.
It's getting very,very interesting.
And the interaction between Zaryusu and Crusch was fun to watch,and damned cute as well :)
Jan 16, 2018 5:44 PM

Dec 2010
People really need to be patient.
Overlord has a really big universe and it's good that the perspectives shift from Ainz to the other characters and how Ainz affects their lives.

It was an alright episode. Good build up for when
Jan 16, 2018 5:53 PM
Jul 2015
Tsuare looks really nice in the ending, seeing Evileye in the next transition makes me think they're related
Jan 16, 2018 6:30 PM
Jan 2018
Most boring episode amirite
Jan 16, 2018 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
Too much about the lizards. Not that interested in the unrelated story it's setting up that will eventually cross paths with the main one. But will the pay off be worth this much investment?
Jan 16, 2018 6:58 PM

Dec 2015
well such a rare occasion momon didnt show at all lol, when i was hoping him to show up. ah well nevermind. not really looking forward for these lizardmen but im just gonna see this through
Jan 16, 2018 7:40 PM

Jul 2009
As someone who thoroughly enjoys the Overlord books, the lizard men arc was one of the weakest ones in the series, imo.

Well, it's worth putting up with just for the fantastic Men in the Kingdom arc which follows.
Jan 16, 2018 7:45 PM
May 2015
I didn't really like this part in the ln, but the part after will at least be worth watching at least. Just gotta make it past the next few episodes.
Jan 16, 2018 7:50 PM
Nov 2007
The episode was crap, even as buildup episode. Super slow and wasted on unimportant characters.
Jan 16, 2018 8:01 PM

Jun 2014
This is probably the most enemy race character development Ive seen in anime since the Chimera Ant Arc.
Jan 16, 2018 8:04 PM
Nov 2007
Actrion said:
I wont spoil the details, but you guy know that this is full on lizard arc? The Ainz and crew almost wont make appearance, except a bit of Cocytus.

If that is true, the second season is going to tank. I will be the first one to give it 1 out of 10.

P.S. The OP is really good though
Jan 16, 2018 8:14 PM

Apr 2008
Swagernator said:
Yeah, sure why not, give us shitton of unimportant information about some secondary lizardmen clans, only so that MC can come, and be bombastic and save the day ... again ...
Save the day? Nazarick are the ones ATTACKING.

So much inane whining while missing the point. Typical anime only's
Darklight0303Jan 16, 2018 8:26 PM
Jan 16, 2018 8:33 PM

Apr 2008
Neji said:
Actrion said:
I wont spoil the details, but you guy know that this is full on lizard arc? The Ainz and crew almost wont make appearance, except a bit of Cocytus.

If that is true, the second season is going to tank. I will be the first one to give it 1 out of 10.

P.S. The OP is really good though

He didn't mean they won't show up the whole season. >_>
Jan 16, 2018 9:48 PM

Apr 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Swagernator said:
Yeah, sure why not, give us shitton of unimportant information about some secondary lizardmen clans, only so that MC can come, and be bombastic and save the day ... again ...

You act like if the LN was something worth. Another pretentious isekai harem, of which story is comparable with eroge visual novel.
Jan 16, 2018 10:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This arc and the next one is what sets Overlord apart from the other isekai. In neither this arc nor the next, Ainz is the main character. I can understand why people who only watched this series for Ainz will be disappointed.

However, for me who is more interested in the lore of the world, this is easily one of my favourite arc in Overlord. I'm extremely glad Madhouse understood that and didn't cater to the people who just wanted to see their OP MC and waifu characters.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 16, 2018 11:02 PM
May 2013
Way too much Lizard romance for my taste. Supreme One Ainz better start dropping heads soon.
Jan 16, 2018 11:06 PM
Jan 2018
It's not like it is a 24 ep season! WTF are you adding lizard romance in it.. Focus on MC please!!
Jan 16, 2018 11:57 PM

Jan 2016
Kek, This arc should be a great Pleb filter for our great lord Ainz. Reminder that we will get the best arc on the LN after this arc end.

Are those So-Bin art on the ED? seems a bit different but really amazing. I need those on 4k ASAP!.
Jan 16, 2018 11:59 PM

May 2015
Well we got some info on the lizards. I don't really expect them to win though considering that they're up against Nazarick...
Jan 17, 2018 12:16 AM

Oct 2008
Deymn! whats-up with this episode full of Lizard tribes!?
4/5.

Jan 17, 2018 12:18 AM
May 2013
Swagernator said:
Darklight0303 said:

You act like if the LN was something worth. Another pretentious isekai harem, of which story is comparable with eroge visual novel.

That's weird~ I remember Saber, Fate, and Shiki are from an EROGE VN COMPANY~!
And thank you, VN and LN are two of my favorites otaku medias~
Jan 17, 2018 12:20 AM

Sep 2014
Rivezim said:
why people bitching around now like "this is worst than season 1" , "wasted time"
some people always like this if anime keep progressing story slowly or building story
do you want skipping story to much? like suddenly lizardman got rekt with no idea what and how causes it?

people are bitching around because this is the worst arc of Overlord, it has been in the LN, it has been in the manga, it will be in the anime. But the anime has the freedom to skip stuff or just adjust the pacing. The lizards are super unimportant, this anime is not about lizards, its about ainz. So the whole lizardman arc is barely a sidestory. And dont come with "slow story progression" they will all die anyway and never return after that because they are side characters. Go watch one of the other billion anime if you want fucking lizards doing generic stuff
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 17, 2018 1:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Comander-07 said:
Rivezim said:

people are bitching around because this is the worst arc of Overlord, it has been in the LN, it has been in the manga, it will be in the anime. But the anime has the freedom to skip stuff or just adjust the pacing. The lizards are super unimportant, this anime is not about lizards, its about ainz. So the whole lizardman arc is barely a sidestory. And dont come with "slow story progression" they will all die anyway and never return after that because they are side characters. Go watch one of the other billion anime if you want fucking lizards doing generic stuff

1) The next arc is not about Ainz either.
2) The cultural diversity of the setting shown through the lizardmen are extremely important at establishing what type of kingdom Ainz want to build eventually. I view Overlord as a kingdom building series. One important part of that is having a detailed cultural and historical context.
3) There are no "other billion anime" that features lizards. I can only count them with 1 hand.

Even though I like Ainz, he's not really what makes this series great. It's fun to watch him curbstomp his enemies due to them underestimating him and him overestimating them. However, that is not why I read Overlord. I could read any other "generic" power wish-fulfillment fantasy LN out there. There are tons of them.

I like how Overlord at least tries to have monsters and non-human characters presented with more cultural and historical context. It's pretty rare in recent Japanese LNs and more common in older classic fantasy LNs which I sorely miss. The Dwarf Kingdom arc later is also a good example of this.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 17, 2018 1:16 AM
May 2013
Comander-07 said:
Rivezim said:

I respect yout opinion and sure this is the path the anime choose because it knows that.
And the reason is because the purpose of the anime is clear: to cater to the existing fanbase aka LN readers and whether anime only watchers get hook or not will not affect too much an anime where it already has strong supporters, just like the Fate franchise, very niche fanbase but passionate and just want a faithful adaptation
tommy9418Jan 17, 2018 1:26 AM
Jan 17, 2018 1:41 AM

Apr 2008
tommy9418 said:
Comander-07 said:

I respect yout opinion and sure this is the path the anime choose because it knows that.
And the reason is because the purpose of the anime is clear: to cater to the existing fanbase aka LN readers and whether anime only watchers get hook or not will not affect too much an anime where it already has strong supporters, just like the Fate franchise, very niche fanbase but passionate and just want a faithful adaptation

Awww I didn't see that message. That's so sweet XD
Jan 17, 2018 1:48 AM

Apr 2009
Never had I empathized with lizardmen ever before since this episode but isn't Cocytus the one sending them the message of destruction for the first war he was waging in Nazarick's name or maybe I am the one misunderstanding the current plot at this point of the story? <_< Heck maybe they're important later, they're going to join Nazarick or the other way around? >_>
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 17, 2018 1:57 AM
Oct 2015
Aside from the lizard stuff ;/, that assistant butler penguin was so cute, love his personality as well :3.
Heckle was here...
Jan 17, 2018 2:13 AM

Apr 2010
Overlord 2: Lizardman Mating Rituals.
Jan 17, 2018 2:41 AM
Jul 2017
Swagernator said:
Darklight0303 said:

guess who didn't read the novels
Jan 17, 2018 3:26 AM

Apr 2012
nice Amamiya Sora got Crusch role
Jan 17, 2018 3:28 AM

Oct 2017
Is Overlord trying to give me a lizard fetish now too?
"Question: The world will not change, but you can change yourself. So then, how will you change?
Answer: You become the god of a new world."

--Hachiman Hikigaya (Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Come Wa Machigatteiru)
Jan 17, 2018 3:32 AM

Jan 2017
Feel like this episode was just needed in order for plot development. Every anime has episodes that are 'meh'.
Jan 17, 2018 3:53 AM

Jul 2012
This arc in the light novel is fucking awful. I told my friends ages ago it'd be so stupid if this arc was adapted, which is is... I still can't believe it.
Jan 17, 2018 3:55 AM

May 2013
So basically I'm the only one that has no problem with the lizards story... alright then...
Jan 17, 2018 4:01 AM

Mar 2011
Swagernator said:
Darklight0303 said:

Lel, if Overlord is just like the other generic isekai harems, then why are people bitching and demanding for this season to be same as every other isekai harem? This is actually new stuff and different by having monsters and non-human characters presented with more cultural and historical context and less focus on OP char and his waifus. An actual fantasy story with immense lore to be explored. No wonder the industry keeps popping up the same bs. That's what the main audience want as proven by this forum thread. Luckily, Overlord has enough fans out there that support and are actually interested in the lore of a fantasy world instead of just wanting moe waifus and action all the time.
Jan 17, 2018 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
Waaah. No sign of Albedo and Momonga the whole episode, but this episode is still enjoyable with them lizards who I ship now. Haha.

Crusch x Zaryusu. They look so cute together. Hihi. I freaking lost it when Zaryusu asked Crusch to marry him. Goddamn. Hahaha. Cutesy.

Who was going to ask them? Was it Momonga? I'm lost, minna.

Decent episode. 4/5.

P.S. One thing that still boggles me is that if everything that is happening in this game is a reality for Momonga already or is he still aware that he's inside the game? A query that still wasn't answered and obviously I ain't reading the source material.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 17, 2018 5:03 AM
Jun 2014
Looks like they're going for 4-5 episodes to cover the lizardmen arc (book 4) at current pace. That's disappointing, because quite honestly it was just completely awful, by far the worst and most painful LN volume I've ever read, and it's of so little importance that it wouldn't have mattered if they'd cut it down to 2 episodes and focused on Cocytus' role.

Let me just put it this way, you are going to see almost no Ainz or Albedo for this entire season if the adaptation remains faithful. The one saving grace is that the arc after should be fantastic.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

288 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.