Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 13, 2017 4:12 PM

Nov 2014
Im kinda sad that his show wasnt that long, they hyped some characters up like dragon and snake and they just died randomly lol.
Welp, all my favourite characters died so meh, still a great show.
Dec 13, 2017 5:53 PM

Jan 2014
Rat's power is awesome *^* It'd be cool to have another series with him as the main character. I hope the last episode answers more questions.
Dec 13, 2017 6:09 PM

Jun 2015
Finally a good episode apart from the first one, in this one if you can noticed NisiOisiN's style
Dec 13, 2017 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
Boy this episode was basically all exposition. No Ushii or Nezumi (or Usagi) backstory, though I guess Nezumi's may be coming next episode :( I figured that Nezumi's ability was something like that, but yeah, seems like his is definitely the strongest one of them. I'd like to see how he's able to "see" the paths and "lock them in", and why it's only limited to 100. I guess next episode will focus on Nezumi's wish and maybe more about the Juuni Taisen with regards to the country betting and stuff. I would've liked to hear about when he and Usagi hit it off too :P Seems like he won the most times as well. Also that censoring ... RIP
Dec 13, 2017 7:56 PM

Nov 2014
Not a bad conclusion to the Juuni Taisen, not phenomenal or unexpected either though.

Something's bound to happen next episode, and it better be good. If not, it would've been a pretty underwhelming series for what it set out to achieve.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 13, 2017 9:56 PM

May 2017
staranise said:
TsundeReaper said:
I really thought Rat's ability is spacial manipulation since he sneak in and out in Horse's hiding place, don't see how precognition allows him to do that

Anyway he's very OP, his ability I mean, don't get why people saying he's actually weak after this, well he is weak physically and in CQC but overall OP with an OP ability

I think they're planning on reviving the others? I guess coz nothing seems impossible for the organizers

Nezumi's ability doesn't involve precognition? Was that what you were thinking?

No. I said I don't know how Nezumi was able to talk to Horse, when Horse himself stated there's only one entrance and exit in his hiding place and that scene implied Nezumi sneak in completely unnoticed by Horse and vanishes outta nowhere which leads me to theorize a spacial manipulation ability

Nezumi's ability involves precognition. And I don't see how his ability make him able to sneak in and out like that on Horse's situation
Dec 13, 2017 11:34 PM

Oct 2017
TsundeReaper said:

No. I said I don't know how Nezumi was able to talk to Horse, when Horse himself stated there's only one entrance and exit in his hiding place and that scene implied Nezumi sneak in completely unnoticed by Horse and vanishes outta nowhere which leads me to theorize a spacial manipulation ability

Nezumi's ability involves precognition. And I don't see how his ability make him able to sneak in and out like that on Horse's situation

The anime did leave a lot of plot holes and the novel apparently ends in episode 11, leaving just one paragraph which they can combine it with episode 12 if is indeed going to be based on Dōshitemo Kanaetai Tatta Hitotsu no Negai to Wari to Sōdemonai 99 no Negai, the one-shot manga Nisioisn wrote before the novel but is actually a continuation of the story.

Anyway, there may be still a chance to patch up those plot holes in the last episode. But since the anime have left several already and have failed to present how Nezumi's ability work, I doubt that will happen. About the scene with Horse, Nezumi said he used 100 paths or different approaches to find an opening in the bank vault, and in 10 of those 100 approaches, he found an entrance large enough for him to slip through.

Dec 14, 2017 1:35 AM
Jun 2017
Dont expected that one, congrats Rat for winning the junii Taisen...
Dec 14, 2017 2:19 AM
Dec 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ox and Rabbit got all the necessary backstory you need - one was always adhering by Justice and Harmony(~), the other was profoundly insane and surprised even me. These are two fundamental essences you simply do not need explained. It's in the NATURE.

I disagree. I think that not showing Rabbit's backstory is a huge waste of potential. As he is now he's just a flat character. Just showing something would have been fine. Even a minor thing but nope. There wasn't anything. As for Ox. What we got from episode 10 was good enough to understand the character, yeah, but I was just hoping for a little more.
Dec 14, 2017 5:01 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, Rat is OP. It's a fitting explanation on how he bettered everyone else.

I still wonder why everyone finds him farmilar. I hope the final episode clears this.
Dec 14, 2017 5:29 AM

Jul 2015
RABBIT MAH BOY DOIN WORK UNTIL WAY PASSED HIS END. Hiding a body inside is own, did think he looked a bit big, but I didn't think he would do something like that, and I love that about him. But it's over now, and we now see what Rats power is. And then the episode ended.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 14, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2017
Antinomy said:

I disagree. I think that not showing Rabbit's backstory is a huge waste of potential. As he is now he's just a flat character. Just showing something would have been fine. Even a minor thing but nope. There wasn't anything. As for Ox. What we got from episode 10 was good enough to understand the character, yeah, but I was just hoping for a little more.

Thing is, Rabbit doesn't even have a backstory in the novel. His details are unknown. The anime could've made something up, like how they added fillers on the twins' backstory, but the creator probably preferred Rabbit's background to remain unknown. Probably and hopefully for an opportunity to create a sidestory about him. But I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Dec 14, 2017 6:47 AM

Oct 2017
Lightfury_Mutai said:

I still wonder why everyone finds him farmilar. I hope the final episode clears this.

Please read other comments in this thread. You'll find the answer somewhere.
Dec 14, 2017 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
this episode is pretty boring for me... but we get to know what power Rat has...

and its damn OP... damn... well at least he didn't say "I love Emilia"

anyway thanks to explanation in the previous page though... that really help
hmmm, i wonder what the final episode looks like...

everybody, clap your hand...
Dec 14, 2017 2:37 PM
Oct 2017
Good episode, I like that Nezumi gave Ox a decent amount of respect and how he credited the other warriors for being the factors to his victory, despite seeming like a snarky asshole, he's come across as more just a poor kid in over his head with a lucky chance at victory. Definitely made his victory more palatable.

Now, one thing I did find interesting this episode, during the death montage when Nezumi was trying to escape, what always killed him was either his environment or a weapon/power consistent with another member of the Juuni Taisen, such as Sheep's bombs, Boar's guns, Ox's sword or even Chicken's birds. I think there's still something we're not seeing yet, perhaps the host takes the powers and skills of the deceased for himself after each Juuni Taisen? That'd be a pretty good explanation as to why this shit keeps going year after year.

I'm curious and excited for the final episode, to say the least.
Dec 16, 2017 3:13 AM
Nov 2014
It's a shame my favorite didn't win (ushii) But I'm fine with nezumi winning. He's power is cool as fuck too.

Here's hoping the final episode ends in a satisfying way.
Dec 16, 2017 5:49 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
CadenGallic said:

Now, one thing I did find interesting this episode, during the death montage when Nezumi was trying to escape, what always killed him was either his environment or a weapon/power consistent with another member of the Juuni Taisen, such as Sheep's bombs, Boar's guns, Ox's sword or even Chicken's birds. I think there's still something we're not seeing yet, perhaps the host takes the powers and skills of the deceased for himself after each Juuni Taisen? That'd be a pretty good explanation as to why this shit keeps going year after year.

I believe that part was a bit poorly explained. I guess they mixed the whole thing up a little and showed every way Nezumi has died in the Juuni Taisen, while it was still going on AND after it was finished. He was killed by other participants multiple times (with only one path in which he was able to survive), and he was also killed everytime he refused to talk about his win.

So that was just the way to show how many times he actually died and how little his chances of surviving in this whole tournament were.
Haptism93Dec 16, 2017 5:54 AM

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Dec 16, 2017 6:19 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm....

So Hitsuji, Ushi and Tora don't get any super powers?

Really wanted my ship to sail.... :'(
Dec 16, 2017 9:47 AM
Nov 2017
So why were they killing Nezumi for not answering their questions?
Dec 16, 2017 11:36 AM
Oct 2017
Haptism93 said:
CadenGallic said:

I believe that part was a bit poorly explained. I guess they mixed the whole thing up a little and showed every way Nezumi has died in the Juuni Taisen, while it was still going on AND after it was finished. He was killed by other participants multiple times (with only one path in which he was able to survive), and he was also killed everytime he refused to talk about his win.

So that was just the way to show how many times he actually died and how little his chances of surviving in this whole tournament were.

I kind of doubt that, considering the starting point was always him running out of the tower and it being implied this was all just him trying to get out of not going through with the interview, considering he follows up that montage with the line "I tried a hundred ways of refusing and they all failed." It'd be kinda strange to just suddenly implement random references to his time in the Juuni Taisen inbetween that.

By my reckoning, either there is something going on linking him being killed and the other Juuni Taisen competitors, or you're right and it's just a very poor way of showing it... so knowing this show, could be either one lol.
Dec 16, 2017 9:30 PM

Oct 2017
CadenGallic said:
Haptism93 said:

I kind of doubt that, considering the starting point was always him running out of the tower and it being implied this was all just him trying to get out of not going through with the interview, considering he follows up that montage with the line "I tried a hundred ways of refusing and they all failed." It'd be kinda strange to just suddenly implement random references to his time in the Juuni Taisen inbetween that.

By my reckoning, either there is something going on linking him being killed and the other Juuni Taisen competitors, or you're right and it's just a very poor way of showing it... so knowing this show, could be either one lol.

@Haptism93 is right about it being poorly explained or more like poorly executed. In the novel, it is written as:
'More like an interrogation, Rat thought, rubbing his tired head. He used his power to refuse the questioning in a hundred different ways, but all attempts failed—and forty ended with him getting killed. It seemed there was no getting out of this.

Compared to what I just went through—getting killed ninety-nine times out of a hundred—a sixty percent survival rate is nothing to worry about.

Of the sixty where he remained alive, he chose a route that preserved a relatively amicable atmosphere between him and the old man. The potential route became the reality.'

As you notice, Rat's narration about using his ability to refuse the interrogation where 40 attempts out of the hundred ended with him getting killed was succeed by the part or paragraph where he thought of comparing it to the 99 times out of a hundred that he died during the Juuni Taisen. So the anime mixed it all up - Rat's narration about his hundred attempts to deny the interview and his recollection of getting killed 99 times (out of the 100 probabilities) during the Juuni Taisen.
Dec 16, 2017 9:59 PM

Oct 2017
AlbertRotten said:
I still think Rat is going to pull off a time loop shenanigan completely independent of his precognition ability. I think he's going to use his wish to restart time so he can do the tournament all over again, his goal being to either stop the Juuni Taisen once and for all and/or to save all the fighters in the tournament. While his ability lets him see 100 different outcomes of any given action, 100 outcomes is still a fairly low number if you can consider that each action might actually have an infinite number of total outcomes. And in the end he still only finishes a single route. I think that by wishing for a do over, Rat gets another chance to use his abilities at different points in the story, creating new routes that weren't available to him before.

As for his reason for going through all this trouble to find the perfect timeline, I think there was a big hint in this episode. When the host begins talking about the people betting countries, Rat mentions this might be his only chance to get the host talking about what happens behind the scenes of the tournament. Rat finds out that Monkey has enough pull to possibly convince these people to stop the tournament from happening again. If Rat can wish for a do over, this time he'll know for sure Monkey has a viable plan instead of just taking her word for it. He would probably be even more focused on working with her and ensuring her survival than before.

As for why he would want to save all the fighters in the tournament, you can kind of infer that because of his ability, he's spent a lot more time with each fighter than we previously thought. He's probably grown attached to each one of them because of all the time he spent together with them in the deleted outcomes. There's also the possibility that this isn't even the first iteration of the time loop. Maybe Rat has already made the wish 7 or 8 times before, meaning he's spent that much more time getting to know all the other fighters. If he genuinely sees them all as his friends, that's probably reason enough to want to do the tournament over and over looking for ways to save them.

You can choose to read the spoiler or not.

Dec 16, 2017 10:46 PM

Jan 2013
Good reveal for his power. 1 whole episode left for post game, that's surprising.
Dec 17, 2017 10:45 AM

Feb 2009
This series is SO cool. My only thing is, I really kind of want to see the other routes or at least know the probabilities of which character won, I mean him saying Rabbit likely won most of them was really annoying, how many of those scenarios did Ox win? Or Monkey? There's soo much more I want to know lol. Also, why did he view himself dying as soon as he left the building again? Are they really going to try to force him to pick a wish right then and there?

I wonder if the novel has more insight..

Dec 17, 2017 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
DarcyD said:
This series is SO cool. My only thing is, I really kind of want to see the other routes or at least know the probabilities of which character won, I mean him saying Rabbit likely won most of them was really annoying, how many of those scenarios did Ox win? Or Monkey? There's soo much more I want to know lol. Also, why did he view himself dying as soon as he left the building again? Are they really going to try to force him to pick a wish right then and there?

I wonder if the novel has more insight..

Also, after going back on the episode to all the scenes where Rat dies, most if not all of them are deaths that coincide with the weapons of the other warriors (killed by birds from Chicken, burned to a skeleton by Snake's fire cannon, shot to death by Boar, stabbed by Ushii, blown to bits by Sheep, had huge chunks of him bitten off by Dog, etc.) and then there were also scenes where he is hung, pushed down steps, hit by a car, electrocuted, drowned and beaten which don't necessarily mean he was killed by a warrior but maybe the Grandmaster guy. Why is that??

Dec 18, 2017 2:19 AM

Jul 2009
Usagi was insane!!!
Ox was great, such a shame he had to die...
Kinda boring that Rat won without doing much, he just got a nice power, that's all...
Dec 18, 2017 4:17 AM

Feb 2008
staranise said:
Please read other comments in this thread. You'll find the answer somewhere.

Thank you for your explanation on his ability. I was at a loss how to figure out his powers at all and the anime was kinda misleading. At first i also thought he could look into the future and decides on his most favoured outcome. So, thank you for clearing that up - but i've got a question and maybe you can answer it.

Nezumi said there was just one outcome from 100 where he could win the Juuni Taisen but when exactly did he thought like that? When did he uses his power to see/experience there was just one possibility? At the very beginning in the dinning hall? Even before that? I dont quite catch it because i thought his power is situational just like you explained it with rock, paper, scissors. He locks in his most favoured outcome for one situation - the other paths (2 to 100) are deleted and the path he choose is now the reality - then the next situation comes up, he uses his power on that - locks in his favoured outcome again and so on and so on...

But its sounds like he used his power the entire war to see/experience this one outcome where he could win the Juuni Taisen but also used it on other situations within the whole thing. How is that even possible? Does his power stack? Can he use his power within his power? Abilityception? I dont really get it how far his ability can reach and maybe its never really explained but i would like to read your thoughts on that.

I hope my thinking is understandable enough (and my english xD).
nipaahDec 18, 2017 4:23 AM

Dec 18, 2017 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
Few things they seemed to brush over or not mention about Nezumi's power.

- When he simulates those 100 possibilities, he experiences all of them as if he were living them. So essentially imagine Subaru from Re: Zero, but instead of doing it over and over till he gets it right he can do it 100 times at once and find the right answer. He still lives through it and experiences the pain/death what not.

- The side effects of his power make him exhausted, and discarding the other options can lead to the other warriors getting the feeling of deja vu.

- He can only simulate 100 possibilities. So had he done that and he died in all 100 possibilities, he would've been fucked. That's why they're considered possibilities. It's not like he keeps simulating until he gets the right answer, there's a chance he might not find the ideal path.

All that being said, this show was atrocious and I'm excited to finally be done with it next week. At this point they should've just ended it this week, do people actually need to know what he's going to wish for? Spoiler alert: its fucking dumb.
Dec 19, 2017 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
Finally, Rabbit is dead. It sucks that Ox had to die like that.

In the end, Rat won. His has a great ability and it explains why he is always exhausted.

Dec 19, 2017 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
Magnificently concluded plan which may have seemed villanious to others reasoning!! Rat completely gains the upperhand.

CT_BINO said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Damn Rat's power is crazy, but man that could be pretty useful in real life.

Yeah... like asking a girl to go on a date 100 times and she declines every single time.

Couldn't there be the friendzone route too?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 21, 2017 3:39 AM
Oct 2012
Literally this whole show was pointless rat couldnt of lost whenever he died which he did almost a hundred times he just resets everything, what a boring and cheap way to explain how he won. Be nice if maybe they explained how he knew about explosives and his timing, maybe concocted a plan but with such a broken and absurd power he just simply couldn't of lost - i have debated dropping this show a few times, sometimes it can be enjoyable but eh what a garbage ending and killing of all the zoodiacs in the order they did, a lot of us knew that rat was gonna win which was pretty lame as well.
JoeGar96Jan 21, 2018 3:00 PM
Dec 21, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
Puzzling week, can't say if I liked or disliked it.
Dec 21, 2017 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
Well, who would say that the Bull would die in such way. And damn...never thought that the Mouse would win xD But after the reveal of his power it makes full sense, i mean why he was sleeping or was just afk, he simply knew where everyone was so that was the best option for him.
That must be hard, to die 99 times just to chose the best route to survive.
Now the last episode! What will he choose? Will there be a plot twist? So hyped!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 21, 2017 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
CT_BINO said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Damn Rat's power is crazy, but man that could be pretty useful in real life.

Yeah... like asking a girl to go on a date 100 times and she declines every single time.

ahahahahah 10/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 27, 2017 4:03 AM
Mar 2012
Quite respect Ushii & Tiger now, with the more interesting relationship/backstory.
Usagi upped his creep level, that monstrosity.
Still don't like Rat but expected he'd win, cool ability, can be a pro gamer except weakness is stamina as he gets drowsy.

Dec 29, 2017 6:40 AM

Jul 2008
So he's a super psychic, that explains it.
Jan 8, 2018 12:50 AM

May 2010
That was pretty cool. I loved Ox's ideals till the end. Best character along with Tora Sharyuu and Niwatori. And I find Sharyuu's role really interesting overall.
Jan 12, 2018 1:47 PM

Jan 2017
A calculating character.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Feb 4, 2018 4:17 PM

Dec 2010
Finally a good episode. Too late in the series though.
Feb 24, 2018 7:41 PM

Aug 2007
I would be tired too if I had to retry different scenarios over and over.

Apr 19, 2019 7:48 PM

Feb 2015
Jeez, Rat's power is busted... sure it doesn't give him cool moves like flying or controlling the dead but being able to predict 100 different scenarios all at once is insane... no wonder he is always sleepy.

For some reason, I wanted to see Rabbit's backstory...
Mar 10, 2022 8:15 AM

Jul 2011
The rat wins by doing nothing !
And it makes a lot of sense considering his power.
Jun 13, 2022 7:31 AM

Feb 2019
Rabbit's fight with Ox made him look more like a 4 legged spider than a rabbit. one gruesome ability.

Rats ability explains his apparent laziness. he knows what happens when.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.