Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2017 6:52 AM

Mar 2016
I knew it, Todoroki won against Deku!!!!

Here's my prediction, it was made before the tournament, and im getting everything correct ^^

https://imgur.com/a/27dwJ
yousandroJun 3, 2017 7:01 AM

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Jun 3, 2017 6:52 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was great. This was the event I have been waiting for a long time. X3
Jun 3, 2017 6:53 AM

Dec 2014
very nice episode...very epic..although midoriya lost...I have lots of respect for him...
Jun 3, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2014
Well, that was a well directed last scene, from the build up to the climax of the episode with the impact, perhaps the best directed scene in the whole of MHA.
Jun 3, 2017 6:55 AM

May 2016
Yes! Todoroki won. I love him as character.
Jun 3, 2017 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
Probably the best fight not only of this Spring, but of the whole year (for the moment).
I don't feel bad for Deku, even if he lost, he at least gave his best effort and managed to make Todoroki get serious in his fight and use his fire half.

So I guess at the end would be Bakugou vs Todoroki.
Jun 3, 2017 6:58 AM

May 2017
Deku might've won if cement guy and horny girl didn't interrupt but yeah obviously Deku was in the air so he'll get pushed by the shock wave tho without the walls that blocked the two, the smash could've make the fire stronger thus pushing Shouto backwards T_T it's nice that he didn't won by plot armor but this still is a shit fight bcoz of the inference and even with the interference they made the fight valid smfh
Jun 3, 2017 7:02 AM

Mar 2016
Illyricus said:

There´s also Tokoyami vs Bakugou, dont forget that ! ;)

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Jun 3, 2017 7:07 AM

Sep 2016
I'm completely speechless after watching this fight >.>
Jun 3, 2017 7:09 AM

Oct 2016
That was some Next level animation from Bones

Jun 3, 2017 7:10 AM

Jul 2013
yousandro said:
Illyricus said:

There´s also Tokoyami vs Bakugou, dont forget that ! ;)
You're right, that battle should be interesting to see.
Jun 3, 2017 7:10 AM

Aug 2013
An epic episode. The entire fight was so intense. 10/10 The best episode so far.

I loved Midoriya's determination in this episode. Even though he was in pain he still went and helped Todoroki. A true Hero. Can't wait to see his mother's reaction.

That final impact was way too epic. Midoriya lost in the end, which makes sense, and I can't wait to see more of

Todoroki finally used his left. Seeing his flashbacks was emotional. He went through a lot.

Endeaver is a dick. Can't believe that he put Todoroki's mother in hospital.

Plus Ultra!

Jun 3, 2017 7:11 AM
Apr 2017
This episode was really good. It seems like this anime just keeps getting better and better!
"I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me"
Jun 3, 2017 7:27 AM

Apr 2011
OH MY GOD. THAT WAS AWESOME!

Jun 3, 2017 7:27 AM

May 2012
Deku, mah boy, this is why I love ya. Perfectly adapted and even more, much more. Bones did an awesome job with the fight. Horikoshi-sensei was absolutely right when he was hyping it earlier this week

Next episode should also tease a bit of what's to come in the next arc so I hope people get excited for that.

Jun 3, 2017 7:28 AM
Dec 2016
Okay this was an amazing episode...Todoroki's kwirk is too much op LOL i can't imagine what was all mights full power before his injuries..but i hope i will see it in Midoriya-s body :D i wanna see the time when he can fully control that kwirk
Jun 3, 2017 7:35 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see more of Todoroki's past. It's really tragic. Endeaver is a sick of a father. This episode was so emotional. Todoroki's vs Deku has got to be the best fight so far. It was extremely awesome. I figured Deku was trying to make him use his left side and he did. When that happened, I was blown away. Congrats to Todoroki for winning. Deku did amazing as well.
Jun 3, 2017 7:36 AM
Dec 2014
Considering what would happen in the next arc, making Todoroki accept his powers was the best thing Deku had ever done in his life.
Jun 3, 2017 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
From a good anime to great
themanualreader@proton.me
Jun 3, 2017 7:45 AM
Feb 2016
DAMN SON. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR OH MY GOD. SO SATISFYING.

FINALLY DEKU GETS HIS S*** TOGETHER AND GOES OP. Love it.

Love love love how this fight turned out. Considering the build up I was worried it might disappoint, but this 11/10 amazing.

The animation was awesome and the music and dialogue was perfect too. Can't wait to see how Todoroki acts after this fight and what's next for Deku now that he's screwed his body over...

I just wish the fight was 2-3 episodes long though!!!!! Too short, but totally amazing. Re-watching all week until next Saturday's ep comes out ^^
Jun 3, 2017 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
I think this is one of the few animes I'm enjoying more than the manga counterpart thanks to the sublime job Bones is doing with the adaptation.

I mean, I liked the fight in the manga, but this one combined with explendid use of the soundtrack and animation quality makes it much better than the original.

On another, the author really did a great job in terms of characterization. I don't like Bakugou that much, but he (especially in the latest stages of the manga) alongside Todoroki are well written. Midoriya too is pretty decent as both driving force for them and character I guess, even though he isn't my flavor of MC at all.
Jun 3, 2017 7:54 AM

Dec 2016
And that is how an anime should be done properly!!!!!
Ty Studio Bones for the effort you made in this series.
Jun 3, 2017 7:57 AM

Oct 2013
Wow that was a great episode. It was nice seeing Deku encouraging Todoroki. I'm glad Todoroki is using his fire.
Jun 3, 2017 7:59 AM

Mar 2015
That was epic! (Wish we'd got to see more fire power and see how Midoriya would work around that, also wish that Midoriya won oh well)

I have one criticism though... too much talking from Midoriya, and some of it wasn't that needed to spur on Todoroki. More fighting less talking!
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jun 3, 2017 8:00 AM

Oct 2015
Rupdedudludu said:
In my opinion Shoto's Mom is the real villain here not Endeavor. Ma men Bakugo still MVP.

She's a villain for being forced into an arranged marriage by her parents to a man she didn't love? For being forced to have his children? Bing physically abused by him for protecting her five-year-old son from being punched in the gut by a 6'5" giant? Like did you miss Endeavor hitting his wife in the episode? She grew emotionally and mentally unstable because of years of abuse! How is she the real villain you psychopath?!
Jun 3, 2017 8:01 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
boi that was intense.
There was no way in hell Deku would've won with the state of his power right now so im happy about it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 3, 2017 8:03 AM

May 2015
That was awesome ngl. Deku was never gonna win but it's still hard to take. Reminds me of how I feel when Ash loses in the pokemon league. The flicks were great but the punches lacked something. Maybe replays? Lol.
Jun 3, 2017 8:06 AM

May 2015
Based N A K A M U R A and the rest of the staff for delivering a fantastic episode. I also appreciate that Bakugo isn't all muscle.
Jun 3, 2017 8:07 AM

Feb 2014
I knew it was coming!! But still as they The d*c* only makes it better!! The Animation settles it!!! Todoroki is OP!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 3, 2017 8:12 AM

Nov 2013
I really, really hope the ost will be out asap. It's too awesome!
Jun 3, 2017 8:15 AM
Apr 2017
OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS. ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES. I DONT KNOW IF IM JUST BEING OVER EMOTIONAL BUT CRIED A LOT

BECAUSE OF TODOROKI'S PAST

AND WHEN MIDORIYA SHOUTED

AND WHEN TODOROKI USED HIS OTHER ARM

AND WHEN I SAW THIS PAINFUL SMILE OF TODOROKI

AND WHEN HE CRIED

AND WHEN THEY BECAME SERIOUS AND GIVE IT THEIR ALL

AND BECAUSE THE EPISODE ENDED ALREADY AND I HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER WEEK

PS TODOROKI IS SO HOT/COOL, literally and figuratively
PPS NICE FIGHT FROM MIDORIYA. USING HIS QUIRK AND ALL. REALLY GOOD JOB. AND THANKING HIM TOO BEC TODOROKI IS AWAKENED.

I. NEED. A. HUG.

a hug so tight it will stop me from reading the manga and not spoil myself yet.

MAGNIFICENT EPISODE!! PLUS ULTRA!!
Jun 3, 2017 8:17 AM

Aug 2007
MadLane said:

"message of this fight" in a fight the only message is how can i defeat and kill the enemy as fast as possible, not talking to him about feeling good with yourself, accepting your powers as your own etc.. i'm not a stupid child who wants the power of friendship and everyone to be nice, i want to see them fight and kill each other like a real fight is suppose to be, guess wrong anime for me then

Don't cut yourself with all that edge.

This is a sports festival, not a kill 'em all brawl to the death. It doesn't matter who wins or who loses, the point of these matches is to show off their skills and their potential to heroes who might want to employ them as an intern, and maybe later on a sidekick down the road.

Jun 3, 2017 8:20 AM
Sep 2010
The only thing that I can comment on this one is..
Holy Shit..
Jun 3, 2017 8:22 AM

Aug 2015
aots hands down....
Jun 3, 2017 8:22 AM

Oct 2015
MadLane said:
miskos3 said:
I think the message of this fight, as well as Deku's intentions, completely flew over your head

"message of this fight" in a fight the only message is how can i defeat and kill the enemy as fast as possible, not talking to him about feeling good with yourself, accepting your powers as your own etc.. i'm not a stupid child who wants the power of friendship and everyone to be nice, i want to see them fight and kill each other like a real fight is suppose to be, guess wrong anime for me then

You want them to kill each other in a sports festival to get recognized for professional heroics? Definitely wrong anime. Try My Villain Academia.
Jun 3, 2017 8:24 AM
Nov 2013
I wasn't sure whether to cry or smile, so I did both. I did both out of pure awesomeness. I had so many emotions running through, I had no idea which one to let out, so both just came out. Tears, smile and shivers.

This was 100/10. Generally I am fairly objective, but I just cannot see how anyone can dislike this episode, holy shit.

Godlike, this anime should stand above FMA in the rankings, easily.
Jun 3, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2017
I felt goosebumps and react how INTENSE this Clashing battle

Yutaka never failed to cease me onto his work. So Incredible Animation

To think becoming a hero, forcing your Ideals then no matter how you reject your left side by takin' down the enemy with half strength? seriously, The Past is truly expanded on Todoroki's Character traits.

PLOT ARMOR? Bleh Then I show everyone to this.

Among the best episodes to updated with 5/5
-HippySnob-Jun 3, 2017 8:50 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 3, 2017 8:33 AM

Dec 2016
Izuku didn't use his full power, when he attack he used his right arm.
but after everything his right hand didn't brake ? what if he used 100% of it's power...
Jun 3, 2017 8:35 AM

Mar 2016
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIC!

10000000000000000/10

Best episode so far! The last one was excellent but this one was epic... It really lived to the hype I had...
I just wonder why the arena wasn't destroyed much earlier and how Todoroki survived to 2 SMASHs... but who cares! IT'S HYPE!!!!

And that left side...

azertz99Jun 14, 2017 11:22 AM
Jun 3, 2017 8:54 AM

Oct 2015
Dat animation though!

I had honestly forgotten how injured Deku gets during this fight. Like, damn son, how are you not feeling any of that?
Jun 3, 2017 8:59 AM
Apr 2016
This is not only the best episode of Boku no Hero so far (an anime that gave us other memorable episode till today) but one of the best anime episodes i've seen in my entire life. I am speechless. BnH is already historical!
Jun 3, 2017 9:01 AM
Jul 2014
Great episode but does anyone else think Midoriya could've won it a few times? When he got close and landed hit, he could've just used a little more power from his quirk to push out a fatigued Todoroki....doesn't take away from the episode, just something I noticed
Jun 3, 2017 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
bdsbff said:
I was already hyped the whole week just waiting for this episode. It went above and beyond! This is one of the best fights I've ever seen. My hype was maxed out from the second the fight started to the very end. I knew this was going to be an exciting episode but I didn't expect to cry lol. This seems like a big turning point for the series now. I wonder what All Might's going to say to Midoriya. Poor Midoriya's mom, she's probably drowning in her own tears.

This! Crying from hype!
Jun 3, 2017 9:13 AM
May 2013
HOLY BOOOM!
The money that they put in the final clash is fucking EXPLODE!!
Jun 3, 2017 9:16 AM
Jan 2017
this episode was what ive been waiting for since. It was so intense i couldnt believe it. my eyes were crying for the beauty.
thank you my hero academia
Jan 2017
Endevour put her in a mental hospital for anyone that got confused, no doubt his an asshole but try pretend to like his mother is innocent it's bullshit she scarred him psychically. Because her being a female it's okay for her to do that by people's logic, if the roles were revered people wouldn't have sympathy for the male but anyway I digress great episode.

Jan 2010
Fucking hell holy shit that was so so intense so epic SO PERFECT I can't.
I thought Midoriya would win since I thought the final would be him vs Bakugo. So the final would be Todoroki vs Bakugo huh. EVEN BETTER!
Jun 3, 2017 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Midoriya, you absolute madmen!

Jun 3, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2016
I N T E N S E episode

Bones great job, the fight's animation was damn amazing. I'm hype for more kind of fight like this.
Jun 3, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
Eh, decent episode, but good in comparison with the last few. 3/5
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”

-Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

animefan8800 - Jul 15, 2017

150 by Apreggi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

184 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

178 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

238 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

193 by Apreggi »»
Jun 1, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.