Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 24, 2017 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
Probably my favourite episode ever lol
I don't know what will happen next but I highly doubt it will be funny as this one xD
Jan 24, 2017 8:06 AM

Jul 2016
Welp, at least it made much more sense than Quidditch. I just loved how Akko went on a little traning spree, JUST so she can learn to fly her broom. And I see they managed to fit the troublemaker trio into this episode too, which gave the first sign that this series is going to be very different from the movie.

Also when Sucy said "No way", I just hope that the English dub changes this to "Get Out".
It adds more flare to it.

And I just noticed this now, but in the poster, Akko is shown with the Shooting Star, so we can expect it to come back at one point, in time I think (months? years? Eons?)

And slowly, we are inching towards the connection between Ursula and Chariot.

Overall, one of my favourite episodes this season.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Jan 24, 2017 8:12 AM
Dec 2016
In this episode you have Akko wants to beat Diana in a broom race, but she doesn't know how to fly a broom so she uses an uncontrollable broom to try to try to win the race.
Jan 24, 2017 9:05 AM

Dec 2014
This show has been everything I hoped it would be so far! I really like how Diana has been getting a lot more character development than she did in the OVAs. In the OVAs she came off as a flat out bitch; however, so far she seems like she has a lot of expectation thrown on her, not necessarily of her own choosing. She holds Akko to high standards which can be off-putting but you know she wants to preserve the integrity of the school. I'm extremely excited to see where her character goes from here on. Love this show!
Jan 24, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2016
This episode was so funny & awesome xD
Jan 24, 2017 10:56 AM
Jul 2009
Supersam1492 said:
In this episode you have Akko wants to beat Diana in a broom race, but she doesn't know how to fly a broom so she uses an uncontrollable broom to try to try to win the race.

She isn't interested in beating Diana specifically. Akko wants to win the race to get her picture close to Chariot's picture. It just so happens that to win the race she'd have to beat Diana too.
Jan 24, 2017 11:02 AM

Apr 2016
Loved it! I was expecting Diana to be more stuck up however the anime is taking a great rout. Was nice of her to help her back up, wish Akko would of won though :C
Jan 24, 2017 12:04 PM

Dec 2016
Dissapointed it wasn't quidditch

jk...
Jan 24, 2017 12:36 PM

Oct 2008
Woah! Did anyone else realize that the ED was updated to show the aftermath of the events of this episode!?

New scenes include:

- Shooting Star flying free.
- The two girls from Diana's team opening the "prize" from the race.
- Akko, Sucy and Lotte having tea at the cafe with not-Chumlee.

Amazing_Stoner said:
Episode was really fun. But where in the hell did she get that cannon from?

The cannon was the same one that Sucy used to train Akko.

akiba-kei said:
I mean, this anime may change the industry (just like EVA, or Suzumiya Haruhi) in some way. It's anime, but don't feels like anime, but still anime, and I like this anime. There is no fanservice, typical japanese moe attitude, but it's moe in a way, I'm always smiling like an idiot. No over-sentimentalism like some favorites (SAO, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and other shit). It has a lot of energy and dynamism.

Woah there, let's not get ahead of ourselves. LWA is amazing, but it's not a phenomenon like Evangelion or Haruhi. Those were anime that defined a generation and were made at just the right time to capitalize on the social context of the era. The earnest simplicity of LWA is great, but it doesn't have the "over-sentimentalism" to drive anything.

akiba-kei said:
I hope and Ursula doesn't happen to be Chariot, maybe it's her sister, since they share the same eyelashes (I don't want it to be predictable). Just my opinion.

Er, that would be horrible. The current dynamic between Ursula and Akko is made possible because of Ursula's (supposed) identity. A fake-out would just undermine everything. I'm really don't get why so many Western fans think that predictable =/= bad.
Jan 24, 2017 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
Man Akko's passion and drive is so fucking admirable. Also the black witches are top tier.

I also like how this anime has really humanized Diana. She ahs a good heart and is passionate about getting better as a witch.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 24, 2017 2:45 PM
May 2015
another great ep this is definitely surpassing my expectations. i love how there wasnt some dumb exposition about the broom/phoenix flying away and the anime just left it for what it was, some cool shit that touches ur heart in an intimate fashion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2017 3:11 PM

Jan 2011
Atlas77 said:
We're in episode three but what's the point of all this?
The only thing that I can see is that Ursula acts really suspicious, like she were the witch that Akko idolatrous.
Well the characters are growing for starters. Also it's obvious to me but I don't know if others see it but let's just say Ursula is someone Akko loves. Anyway this is good character development while introducing us to characters we seen before. But the point is pretty simple it is highlighting the first year at this magic girls at this school.
MasterHavikJan 24, 2017 6:13 PM
Jan 24, 2017 4:40 PM

Jun 2014
@MasterHavik - Some people are being a little impatient, haha. Its only episode three and that means they are still introducing the characters and expanding on their world. This anime is still a healing anime and that means there will be episodes like this.
Jan 24, 2017 5:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The dude from Pawn stars knows now that he appeared in an anime.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-01-24/pawn-stars-chumlee-appears-in-little-witch-academia-anime/.111419
DatRandomDudeJan 24, 2017 5:33 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 24, 2017 6:12 PM

Jan 2011
Kagami said:
@MasterHavik - Some people are being a little impatient, haha. Its only episode three and that means they are still introducing the characters and expanding on their world. This anime is still a healing anime and that means there will be episodes like this.
Healing anime? What's that? And yeah I noticed this when someone I knew posted rough drafts of his book online. He has this on dude asking questions that would be answered later on in the book. Some people just need to chill.
Jan 24, 2017 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
I'm sorry, i liked the OVA but this series isn't my type of show. Too childish.

Dropped.
Jan 24, 2017 7:02 PM

Aug 2013
God this episode was so fun. The shenanigans Akko was going through during her training was so darn funny, and the blatant cheating in the race was also great.

I'm wondering if the broom will stay with Akko. She's riding it in the anime visual, it'd be weird if it was only a one time thing. Maybe it'll be grateful that she broke it's chains or something.
Jan 24, 2017 7:32 PM
Apr 2015
I thought it was pretty neat. As someone who's read Harry Potter the similarities are kind of there, although I'm sort of glad Akko wasn't made to be a natural born talent on the broomstick. What makes her endearing is no matter how much of a loser she is, she has a big heart of gold, whilst Harry Potter was a kid with an already established reputation and could fly a broom easily. Not exactly new territory for Trigger, but they're doing a good job by playing it safe and staying in their comfort zone.
Jan 24, 2017 8:10 PM

May 2015
Murasa22 said:
I'm sorry, i liked the OVA but this series isn't my type of show. Too childish.

Dropped.

It's good to know that you are in the extreme minority.

Jan 24, 2017 8:35 PM

Aug 2016
IK im not the only one thinking this, but I think Shiny Chariot is Professor Ursula
Jan 24, 2017 10:02 PM

Jun 2013
^ Watch the OVA if you haven't.

Oh man, lol, I love Trigger's wacky animation. If there's one thing this series has had since the first OVA, it's charm.
Jan 24, 2017 10:45 PM

Apr 2012
I knew i wasn't the only one that thought about Chum Lee in this episode lol
Jan 25, 2017 2:24 AM

Sep 2009
Inori-chii said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

How could I know it if I didn't watch it

People who did not see OVAs are minority here. Also, it was obviouis from ep. 1.
Jan 25, 2017 3:41 AM

Jul 2014
really nice episode, i am sure many people got Harry Potter vibe when watching this, especially after Akko got her broom, reminds me to Firebolt....it's been so long i see a female protagonist who not annyoing like in common anime, she seriously reminds me to Yuuko from Nichijou...
Jan 25, 2017 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
I love Akko's face when she's pulling out the potion.
Jan 25, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2015
Let's play so Quidditch! Ok, maybe not.

This anime is so stupidly fun to watch, I love it jaja.

PD: Ursula is babe.
Jan 25, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2016
JustDan said:
I wonder if the magic broom will make a return. It seemed like the story was going in a direction about how there could be a hidden meaning behind the broom. For example, the broom was one of Shiny Chariot's cards and/or it was a free-spirited magical item waiting to choose a worthy rider.

It's a little cliche for the main character to get everything, but it's Akko.....she tries soooo hard. She deserves something.

And unlike your generic show, she actually DOES something for it. I don't expect a deeper connection, when I first saw the broom I had a similiar thought, like in Harry Potter, but nevermind that.
Jan 25, 2017 1:28 PM

Nov 2015
Kagami said:
People without patience tend to lose the opportunity of watching good stories. Their lost.
Jan 25, 2017 5:46 PM
Mar 2015
I'm excited to wait for more!
Jan 25, 2017 8:02 PM

Aug 2012
I loved seeing the 'teach Akko how to fly' montage xD The three delinquents from the 2nd movie are back yay <3 They never showed what the prize was for winning the relay! I was so curious!
SummerIchigoJan 25, 2017 8:25 PM
Jan 25, 2017 8:10 PM

May 2015
loved the training montage
Jan 26, 2017 5:36 AM

Mar 2014
SummerIchigo said:
I loved seeing the 'teach Akko how to fly' montage xD The three delinquents from the 2nd movie are back yay <3 They never showed what the prize was for winning the relay! I was so curious!

They showed what the prize was in the ED sequence. Delicious karma!
Jan 26, 2017 8:45 AM
Aug 2014
Hey ! I've only watched the first episode of this anime, and it was subpar on every aspect. Is it worth watching if you don't have a witch fetish, or if you are already 13 years old like me ?
Thanks !
Jan 26, 2017 10:11 AM

Sep 2009
Actar said:
Woah! Did anyone else realize that the ED was updated to show the aftermath of the events of this episode!?

New scenes include:

- Shooting Star flying free.
- The two girls from Diana's team opening the "prize" from the race.
- Akko, Sucy and Lotte having tea at the cafe with not-Chumlee.

Amazing_Stoner said:
Episode was really fun. But where in the hell did she get that cannon from?

The cannon was the same one that Sucy used to train Akko.

akiba-kei said:
I mean, this anime may change the industry (just like EVA, or Suzumiya Haruhi) in some way. It's anime, but don't feels like anime, but still anime, and I like this anime. There is no fanservice, typical japanese moe attitude, but it's moe in a way, I'm always smiling like an idiot. No over-sentimentalism like some favorites (SAO, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and other shit). It has a lot of energy and dynamism.

Woah there, let's not get ahead of ourselves. LWA is amazing, but it's not a phenomenon like Evangelion or Haruhi. Those were anime that defined a generation and were made at just the right time to capitalize on the social context of the era. The earnest simplicity of LWA is great, but it doesn't have the "over-sentimentalism" to drive anything.

akiba-kei said:
I hope and Ursula doesn't happen to be Chariot, maybe it's her sister, since they share the same eyelashes (I don't want it to be predictable). Just my opinion.

Er, that would be horrible. The current dynamic between Ursula and Akko is made possible because of Ursula's (supposed) identity. A fake-out would just undermine everything. I'm really don't get why so many Western fans think that predictable =/= bad.

As I said, just my opinion.
Jan 26, 2017 10:12 AM

Sep 2009
Greenhillz said:
Hey ! I've only watched the first episode of this anime, and it was subpar on every aspect. Is it worth watching if you don't have a witch fetish, or if you are already 13 years old like me ?
Thanks !

I'm in my late 20s, and don't see the point of your question.
Jan 26, 2017 11:32 AM
Jul 2016
Love the animations in this episode! Hopefully akko will learn how to fly someday
Jan 26, 2017 1:21 PM
Oct 2010
1idd0kun said:
Ajunky said:

Hmm... I wonder. At least Suzy didn't think that was the case.

Didn't you see how she overtook Diana at the end. That move was Akko's driving.

That's an interpretation of the scene, and not the only possible one... It's no good as proof for me.

Man, I hate this type of argument "are you blind? didn't you see the episode?". No, of course I didn't, I'm just arguing for the sake of it. (/sarcasm)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 26, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2008
I wonder why Akko can't ride a broom, it should have anything to do with herself. But in the end, I was disappointed that she didn't get to keep the legendary broom, it looks sick :D
Jan 26, 2017 9:15 PM
Mar 2012
Broom training & sorcerer stone, much nostalgia.
Relay animation was amazing (maybe better than harry potter). Sucy's antics & frog broom were silly but good tactic with how open the race rules are.
Seems like Akko doesn't have magic, or can't store magic from the sorcerer stone.
nice ED changes, lol Sucy would've loved em snakes. fav ep so far.
Jan 26, 2017 10:00 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome!!! That was just awesome!!! And to me this concluded my suspicion from the movies that Ursula-sensei is actually Chariot....sure I don't know this for sure....but that's what I'm going to chose to believe lol.
Jan 27, 2017 2:31 AM

Oct 2016
awesome episode .. damn akko really took a risk out there ,even chained herself in that broom lol ..
Jan 27, 2017 6:47 AM

Mar 2014
akiba-kei said:
Greenhillz said:
Thanks !

I'm in my late 20s, and don't see the point of your question.

I'm in my late 20s too and I can say that this kid is just a troll that even copypaste reviews.
Jan 27, 2017 8:46 AM

Sep 2014
I was honestly not expecting something this great. Its trigger after all. I was sure it would be good, but this is the kind of anime you can recommend to newcomers.
When someone is asking me what is anime? I will say Death Note, Attack on Titan, Gurren Lagann, Little witch academia and everything between them.

first competitor for the anime of the year is here.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 27, 2017 2:54 PM

Apr 2016
this was a really cute episode xD and i can't wait for more to come!!
Jan 27, 2017 7:53 PM

May 2015
I guess Akko was riding shooting star. No one else? okay.
RoseVueJan 27, 2017 7:57 PM
Jan 29, 2017 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
AvidAnimeViewer said:
DKN2038 said:

I saw Chumlee too, good to know he has another job here

Fuck, someone beat me to making this post. I guess in this universe Chumlee finally got promoted, good on him.

I wonder if Pawn Stars airs on Japanese television.
Jan 29, 2017 6:18 AM

Sep 2013
So will Akko get cheat items in every other eps due to her only being 'mad-passionate' about magic, no-one else is, and still be talentless in everything else??

So the rivalry between Diana, a methodical-talented witch and Akko, just' MAGIC/CHARIOT-sugoi-sugoi' is established. The only magic I saw in these 3 eps from Akko is lighting the canon. Not sure I want to continue this show, as I also find Akko a bit annoying.
Jan 29, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2015
Glad I caught up because this episode was really good. Ako's antics are great.
Jan 29, 2017 6:25 PM

Sep 2009
Faederwulf said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Fuck, someone beat me to making this post. I guess in this universe Chumlee finally got promoted, good on him.

It does. Google is your friend.
Jan 29, 2017 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
akiba-kei said:
Faederwulf said:

It does. Google is your friend.

Hey, I just wanted to make a comment about Chumlee but people already beat me to it. It was more of an off-hand comment than a spoon-feeding request (thank you for answering, though).
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

295 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Jun 2, 1:04 AM

» Are the OVA and Mahoujikake no Parade part of the canon?

JustSomeone15 - May 27

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
May 31, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

160 by mineandcraft »»
May 25, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

117 by JVskunkape »»
May 22, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.