Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 8, 2017 2:47 AM

May 2016
monkmon08 said:
Elanin said:

Tama would've performed even better then if she was realizing that those 2 were on a date and the anime would've taken a different direction. However the anime was pretty predictable (except the Hachiko scene) but it's clear that they will end up in a band all together (even Tama). That's a thing you can also see in the logo of the anime, all together in a band but the thing is, how they'll end up all together and what will happen if the 2 girls and Makoto have the same feelings for Yuu.. xD I guess that's where the anime will give emphasis, the progress of their relation, the music and the band.

I have no idea about the other girls or any interest of learning them by reading other people posts. I've made that post according on what i saw and please don't make spoilers without warning, some people don't like em.
Jan 8, 2017 4:49 AM
Jul 2013
Its getting quite interesting. Since I haven't read the manga my hopes are getting up.
throughout the episode I had a smile on my face due to that conversation between the dude and tama girl ( it was really cute) . But still, Fuuka the best girl for me xD
Jan 8, 2017 5:05 AM
Jun 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They aired two episodes today with back-to-back specials (not a 1 hour special but two episodes)

Yuu and Fuuka are getting a lot better. We got some Tama (dunno why but her voice sounds like Kana Hanazawa to me even though her VA is not) moments as well. Mikasa is pretty much how I pictured him to be in the anime so far. Not expecting the show to focus much on him.

Pretty chill episode in general. That fan service though
Most noticeable part is the actual singing kicking into the show.

if u watched mahou shoujo ikusei keikaku n musaigen no phantom world, u would feel Tama's VA sounds like the VA from those two anime and thats cause she is. Rly sounds alike tho
Jan 8, 2017 5:20 AM

May 2015
think this is going to be a good anime but i can already feel the pain thats going to happen. And the love triangle man love triangles never end badly, aslong as this doesn't make me hurt as much as Your Lie In April or Charlotte did then i'll be okay, but after reading the comments on this post im starting to get concerned otherwise.
Jan 8, 2017 5:41 AM

Apr 2016
Anyone know the name of the insert song?
Jan 8, 2017 7:45 AM
Jan 2016
I am enjoying this, but this should've gotten just a bit more than 12.

We don't get to see the different side of Fuuka in the beginning and we're left with half the story :/
Jan 8, 2017 11:22 AM

Mar 2016
I'm more surprised about how Fuuka's brother ended up not being her brother but her dad than about the love triangle tbh, he was cute. I liked this episode way more than the first, looking forward to the rest of it ^^
Jan 8, 2017 12:19 PM

May 2015
This episode was a little slower than the first which I prefer; I like slow build-ups into emotional torrents. This show gives off those vibes.

Fuuka's singing was great but that's no surprise, is it?
Jan 8, 2017 3:19 PM

Jun 2008
The love triangle/square is set, let the hilarity begin. LOL
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 8, 2017 5:25 PM

Jul 2015
The music is much better than i had expected. But tbh I'm liking the anime better than the manga. Hopefully they cut out a lot of filler if they adapt the rest of the manga.
Jan 8, 2017 6:44 PM

Oct 2011
getting white albums feeling. 😭😭😭
Jan 8, 2017 7:27 PM

Jun 2014
fokn shit. Didnt realize two episodes were released together and ended up watching ep2 first. :l either way it wasnt too difficult to pick up from here.

so what, they can only draw one and only one hair style on anime characters?
Jan 8, 2017 7:56 PM

Oct 2016
FUCKING SHITTY ANIME. DUMB ANIME. FUCK THIS.
Jan 8, 2017 9:48 PM

May 2015
After seeing all these posts about White Album 2, I'm really starting to feel like I need to get around to watching that... Apparently that show's similar to School Days as well, so that's probably why I keep getting School Days vibes from this. Especially with the love triangle already set up this episode.

Well, this episode actually made me have more respect for Fuuka since she now has a dream. The only thing we need now is for MC-kun's phone addiction to cause some drama.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 8, 2017 10:57 PM

Feb 2012
Dropped the manga at chapter
Im just here for the shit storm.
Jan 8, 2017 11:07 PM

Nov 2011
monkmon08 said:
Elanin said:

Tama would've performed even better then if she was realizing that those 2 were on a date and the anime would've taken a different direction. However the anime was pretty predictable (except the Hachiko scene) but it's clear that they will end up in a band all together (even Tama). That's a thing you can also see in the logo of the anime, all together in a band but the thing is, how they'll end up all together and what will happen if the 2 girls and Makoto have the same feelings for Yuu.. xD I guess that's where the anime will give emphasis, the progress of their relation, the music and the band.

The other girl is Sara, their guitarist. She'll probably appear in the next few episodes

Boy Sara looks like a total badass in the OP *-* I'm in love
Jan 9, 2017 6:44 AM

Apr 2016
I was planning on dropping this anime but then I read some spoilers here O_O
Jan 9, 2017 7:20 AM

Jul 2016
Well that was cute. I'm liking this show already tbh.
Fuuka is pretty likable for a female MC, and Tama is so adorable <3
She also has a great voice, I was honestly impressed by her singing.
Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Jan 9, 2017 8:42 AM

May 2009
>all these Tama shippers
I can't stop laughing
Jan 9, 2017 12:14 PM

Oct 2016
IciBurn said:
Many people dropped it when

I was disappointed because I loved Suzuka a lot.
Jan 9, 2017 4:22 PM

Nov 2010
Episode 2 : Vol. 1, Ch. 3, Ch. 5-10

Fuuka starts out the episode, telling her momma about the movie and the song that she so loved. She also tells her that she has been asked to join the track and field team. OH, SIBLINGS. Dude. The band in the theme song is totally great looking. OMG. THE GLASSES GUY.
OH. Yuu overlooks the text message from Tama and wonders how to reply and then finds Fuuka crying in the classroom. Cute blonde who plays the piano. Oh, that's the guy that she had been looking at. They aren't in a club so Yuu, Mikoto, and Fuuke go out to clean the school pool. Just the three of them. Dang.
They finish cleaning the pool and Yuu tells Fuuka that she should go after Mikasa but then they tell him that Mikasa's gay. HAHA. We get to see Fuuka's high jumping skills then Fuuka tells him to keep his Saturday open.
He decides to text Tama back and she calls him and they get to talk for a little bit. Apparently, he was supposed to have learned the bass. That would explain why he was playing it in the theme song. That's cool. His best friend is famous. HEY, YOU'RE KICKING YOUR CAT.
Saturday comes and Yuu and Fuuka end up going to the concert that Tama had invited him to on the phone earlier. OMG. What is going to happen once Tama sees Fuuka and Yuu together. Oh, it's clear that she used to have a thing for him. EXCITED FOR THIS CONCERT.That's a huge concert hall! OMGGGG. SHE SEES HIM. OMGGG.
They walk back after the concert and I expect Tama to catch up to them---OMG. FUUKA CAN SING, MAN. They talk about colors and she just---ARE THEY GOING TO START A BAND. Their hair styles look the same just different colors. Awww. Are they going to call each other each night now? That's adorable.
Now the next day and Fuuka tells Yuu to come to the shrine with her. I wonder what she was wishing for. She wants to be a singer, huh? Bet. YUP. SHE WANTS TO MAKE MUSIC. They go to the advisor and end up becoming part of a light music club together.
Jan 9, 2017 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
I watched it with a friend of mine for this series, I'm honestly not really sure about this series considering the premise seems interesting, while it has its moments... it just feels pretty standard for me, and just to be specific, It feels Diomedea standard.

Pretty standard artstyle at the finest with the production sense and at the same time the story doesn't really feel that interesting either, lighting is pretty weird as well with the animation seems weird at times, rather clunky in fact with how its done, the character especially the Main male character is pretty much like a trigger point for me since he kind of reminds me of Ichika from Infinite Stratos. Nothing bad per say because its not anything bad, but at the same thing it's nothing noteworthy either.

The only thing I liked about this is in some scenes I actually laughed and they were a bit funny and I like Fuuka as well, so those are the noteworthy things in a way.

It didn't felt like torture but it didn't felt like an actual investment in the end of the day. It's just there, to say the least. Which isn't anything to worry about.

I could see where the series could go later on and see if it can improve but at the same time based on what the manga readers have said about this, makes me feel skeptical as hell about it.

Not sure how it will go but I know I won't go and last for a while with this, but who knows really.
removed-userJan 9, 2017 9:00 PM
Jan 9, 2017 8:34 PM

Dec 2016
Ok Tama is a goddess. Best girl. Too bad the dense, easily pushed around Yuu will probably pick Fuuka over her. Ngl Fuuka is adorable but Tama has got her beat imo. Definite love triangle coming up though.

It's too bad Fuuka and Tama can't be together and leave Mikasa to deal with Yuu lol.

Did not expect that ending at all. Yuu just resigns himself to do whatever people are dragging him into I guess. And Mikasa is just up for anything. Interesting to see where this will go.
Jan 10, 2017 3:24 AM
Apr 2016
Slower than the first episode, but im excited to see the inevitable messiness and drama. When do episodes release for this anime?
Jan 10, 2017 11:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Fuuka doesn't have a cell phone but she uses normal phones fine then eh
Still not having a cell sure is unusual

Hmm so Fuuka lives apart from her parents then eh
it seems such a waster for Fuuka to not join the track team
since she such such speed in her but doing what she wants is whats important

Hmm so Fuuka's crush or someone that she likes have moved in eh
Hmm so the teacher was sugarcoating her words to get them to clean the pool eh

Hmm so the Mc is worried about Fuuka eh
how cute of him
Hmm so thats why Fuuka looks so cute at cleaning pools then

Lol when you're in a pool falling down is to be expected
as is you clothes being transparent because of it lol
Wow the Mc's pretty brave to tell Fuuka his conclusion of things between Fuuka and her friend
But man the revelation was pretty surprising

Hmm so the reason that Fuuka was crying was because of a song eh
Well if a songs content and story was sad enough then its possible

Trying to find what you want to do is probably life's most difficult questions
Hmm so the Mc finally gets to hear from his childhood friend and now popular idol again
It looks like Koyoki is also pleased to hear from him as well lol

Lol Fuuka is a pretty good athlete
i can see why Nachi is so persistent about recruiting her
But yea Fuuka does seem to be drawn towards the Mc

Hmm it seems Koyoki really wants to see the mc again
by calling him from out of the blue like that
lol they sure are cute together both being so nervous

Lol the Mc's sisters sure is strange
But damn that day his schedule clashes because of Fuuka
Tama chan sure is cute though
Lol her reaction after the call ended
Pretty sure she still views the mc as an important person in his life

Hmm but in the end it looks like he did get to see Tama's concert though
Though with Fuuka there things might get interesting

Being able to perform at the Budokan though is a big step for singers in Japan
Its one of the more prestigious venues and performing there will really make people notice you
Im glad that see that Tama was able to achieve her dream of performing here though

Wow look at that crowd
I never been to such a large venue to see a singer perform but that atmosphere must be amazing
So Tama's inspiration for her songs is her memories with the mc eh
As childhood friends im sure she would have plenty of them

Well since you're in the front row its hard for Tama not to see him
But im sure she will be inspired even more seeing him there
Casting Saori for Tama's role was a great choice was she's both a veteran seiyuu and a singer
Loving her vocals there

Hmm so music calms Fuuka down eh
Maybe that will be a route for her

Glad to see that Tama was pleased to see the Mc there right in the front row
Hmm so Tama really cares about what the Mc thinks then eh
Lol thats one way of ensuring that wishes can come true
by praying for it twice lol
The final scene showing the praying was nice to see though
So Fuuka's finally decided on her future then eh

Great episode actually
The introduction of Tama and Makoto was well done
and seeing the bonds develop between the Mc and Fuuka was also nice
Seeing the Mc meet Tama again after all these years though was also nice
and Tama's interactions with the Mc was pretty funny
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2017 3:58 PM

Sep 2011
What the fuck did I just read above...
Jan 11, 2017 12:16 AM

Apr 2010
EsmeNaomi said:

I was planning on watching this anime, but then I read some spoilers here.
Jan 11, 2017 7:51 AM

Apr 2016
antonn said:
EsmeNaomi said:

I was planning on watching this anime, but then I read some spoilers here.
Haha well that's also a possibility x]
Jan 11, 2017 2:36 PM

Feb 2016
HyperL said:
You know something I'm tired of? Every single goddamn romance anime must have at least one likeable love rival for us to pity and get frustraded for when they lose. Really, why can't there be more romances without any love rivals? I want to be able to cheer for the main couple without having to feel sad for anybody else. All love rivals do is downgrade the level of enjoyment I could actually experience if I could give my all to support the main couple.

Now, i can't know for certain how it's going to play out in this anime, but i agree with you pretty much 100%. Harems kind of "resolves" this by having the MC fail to fall completely for any one girl, but if this is a romance, can we please have the MC actually falling in love? With Fuuka, pls. Koyuki can piss off afaiac.
Jan 11, 2017 7:15 PM

Feb 2012
jak123 said:
IciBurn said:

I wanted to drop it at that point 2 but i wanted to give Seo a chance[LOL], of course a few chapters later
so i dropped it and never looked back.

Cant wait to see everyone's reaction, especially if ends right there.
Jan 11, 2017 7:30 PM

Oct 2016
IciBurn said:
jak123 said:

I wanted to drop it at that point 2 but i wanted to give Seo a chance[LOL], of course a few chapters later
so i dropped it and never looked back.

Cant wait to see everyone's reaction, especially if ends right there.
My thing is though...

Jan 12, 2017 2:21 AM

Jul 2011
Suzuka... its been long time since I saw her...

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jan 12, 2017 7:31 PM

Jul 2012
okayyyyyyyyy it improved
i'm looking forward to ~that spoiler~

also souma gay boy thank you
Jan 12, 2017 7:40 PM

Jun 2016
Much better than the first episode.
MC wasn't on his phone the entire time, tg.
Will never be better than K-on though.
Jan 13, 2017 8:45 AM
Apr 2015
I can sense something bad from that Anime.

Also Tamas voice... I know that voice...
I definitly know it.

MAHOU SHOUJO IKUSEI KEIKAKU.
Called it.
Jan 13, 2017 4:45 PM
Mar 2012
gay sidekick, stalker track side
Misunderstandings, let's jump to conclusions mc.
Blue hair runs in family, nice realism.
Usually Hayami Saori voices best grill. But idols usually have no dating contracts. dat huge cat doll.
unrequited, love triangle? good stuff
both nice singing
Jan 13, 2017 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
Very predictable plot! I am not impressed by this story's quality!! its really really shame!

all i wanted to see suzuka vs fuuka, now rather i found they are copy paste.

by the way, it seems right that all other charaters are recenerated into teen form, LOL

A big LOL fact: a big crowd watching a simple 14 year old girl's song ?

how does mc turned into perverted when he with fuuka rather than his families???
removed-userJan 13, 2017 10:12 PM
Jan 14, 2017 2:00 AM

May 2009
It's so strange watching Fuuka after I watched Suzuka so many years ago. Some things keep coming back but it's all a blur. I like that feeling, a continuation of a life after Suzuka and their amazing life.
Jan 14, 2017 2:43 AM
Feb 2009
RKarim69f117 said:
Very predictable plot! I am not impressed by this story's quality!! its really really shame!

all i wanted to see suzuka vs fuuka, now rather i found they are copy paste.

by the way, it seems right that all other charaters are recenerated into teen form, LOL

A big LOL fact: a big crowd watching a simple 14 year old girl's song ?

how does mc turned into perverted when he with fuuka rather than his families???

How's he turn into a pervert? There's a big difference between being a perv (like warawai neko) or tropes where he's in a situation where people think he's one (and why are they so predictable here).
also, the Mc likes Fuuka but is the uninterested type (why did I got dragged along).

No reason to give it a chance anyway. Average source material made worse by below average production. The backgrounds are so bad and it doesn't help that I keep looking them as the show gets so many boring or predictable scenes.
Jan 15, 2017 2:10 AM

Jul 2008
Oh boy...now I REALLY see where this is going...if I'm right then god damn it why did I start this...
Jan 15, 2017 3:11 AM

May 2016
If only Tama didn't have this shitty mole she would be best grill in anime BUT in this case i need to say that Fuuka is best grill.
Jan 17, 2017 1:05 AM

Dec 2014
saw suzuka and yamato in this episode..they looked so much changed....

the episode however was good too...
Jan 17, 2017 10:06 PM

Sep 2014
Open cliche Anime plot storyline 101. Find any page. Copy/paste. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm still in it till the end but the story is lost. Hope is gone. I'm pretty sure I have this entire show guessed.

So Fuuka lives alone and is trying to figure out what to become. She's always listening to music and the OP pretty much ruins it. So that's clear cut for me. Oh, she also has bad grades. This means plenty of times for Yuu to tutor her.

That means he will go to her house, find out she lives alone and advance the relationship with near misses/miss opportunities.

OR, he's supposed to go tutor her but ends up going on a date with Koyuki instead. Damaging their relationship a bit and hurting the band.

Then we get price peach (forgot his name). Him stating he likes the trombone was a surprise to me so that's a plus. I was thinking he'd go after her. BUT!!!!!! They ruined it again. The girls commented how he had long fingers and asked if he played the piano. I wonder what he will play in the band..... (-_-)

Finally, we have the yandere in training. I don't know what happened in her childhood
but damn is she obsessed with Yuu in an almost unhealthy level. Not to mention her songs are about him. Come on.

Oh, yeah. The bird in the cage. Price P says Yuu should be the one to let the bird out of the cage. With all of this, I can see how this could go.......

*deep breath in even though I'm typing*

Yuu and Fuuka enter a relationship. However, Yuu and Koyuki finally meet and things get weird. He holds on to his relationship with Yuu after much fighting, says sorry to Koyuki and they all move on.

Yuu and Fukka get closer. Koyuki is introduced. Everyone finds out they are childhood friends. Fuuka loves this at first. Then both girls start getting too close and a fight starts. Eventually, Yuu has to choose. In the end, he chooses to free the bird in the cage by choosing Koyuki so Fuuka can finally spread her wings and fly away.

Yuu gets close to both girls. He never has any character growth, gets really close to both girls, gives us frustrating episodes, and in the end, chooses not to chose any girl cause they both have to be free to succeed. END

Lastly, band members are just pawns to advance the plot.
Jan 18, 2017 6:02 PM
Jul 2016
So the girl with headphones on her head 24/7 wants to make music for a living? Who could've ever predicted this
Jan 21, 2017 4:25 AM

Jul 2015
It's a really predictable show with how they present us the overall plot which isn't anything special either, but you know what, at least I am entertained and at the moment I needed this type of show, so I am definitely going to watch it till the end.
I might be wrong, but I just don't get that feeling. Opening is ok in my opinion and animation can be pretty solid at times but otherwise it's standard and expectable like the rest of the show...

Jan 21, 2017 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
I'm already sad about Koyuki getting heart-broken.. I bet Fuuka is pretty oblivious about him right now, she's airhead afterall.

But I guess I like the developement, wonder what happens when she finds out she's his childhood friend.
Jan 23, 2017 10:28 AM

Nov 2015
Another anime that will fuck up my feelings, great.
Jan 25, 2017 5:26 PM

Oct 2008
needs more improvement on the art department.
3/5.

Tyrel said:
What the fuck did I just read above...

Tyrel, I'm also like that when commenting each episode to a series that I totally hyped-on...just look at Prison School episode discussions, my comments there are totally long like a novel! LOLZ!
matias067Jan 25, 2017 5:29 PM

Jan 31, 2017 3:45 PM

Feb 2013
Not sure if the standard love triangle drama will happen or not... probably to some minor extent and wrapped up quickly.

Idol-girl looks like one of the crazies...
Feb 3, 2017 10:09 PM

Jul 2016
I know this is supposed to be fictional but an idol is going to automatically remember her childhood friend? Be completely in love with them even without speaking for years? And even cry on the phone from just hearing their voice without ever meeting another boy? Yeah I am calling bullshit:p

Also what was with her manager saying having a bf would be good publicity? Yeah it might be good publicity in America but in Japan I am pretty sure they like to keep relationships on the down low at all times because of fans fantasizing about being with them.

Will give the creator props though for giving the MC some babelicious sisters. Too bad we can't have some sis x sis action happening on the side;)
SpydreX_OfficialFeb 3, 2017 10:14 PM
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

225 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 14, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.