Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 31, 2016 6:40 PM

Dec 2015
Another episode filled with intense feels. It was so cute!
Sep 1, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
Intense feels and plenty of funny moments as this yuri filled drama finally reaches it's conclusion, and the third years finally join Aqours. That song at the end was also very nice, like, very freaking nice. Good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 3, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
The FEELS :'(
Such emotions and friendship :'(

Kanan, Dia and Mari need their own spinoff.
Sep 4, 2016 7:15 PM

Mar 2009
I had previously thought that Mari x Dia was the Love Live Sunshine pairing, but I guess I was mistaken; looks like the true Love Live Sunshine pairing has been Kanan x Mari all along.

Good episode, btw.
Sep 5, 2016 9:23 AM

Feb 2015
This episode is one of my personal fav cause of the characterization or maybe you can say the flashback. tbh, i think it was done really well compared to the first generation. it was way too emotional for me. i mean this episode.

really like this episode, and i enjoy it obvious. but i think it could be more better if they made the flashback more longer than that. i think it could managed to make it more emotional than that.

looking foward to the next episode.
Sep 6, 2016 9:49 AM

Feb 2013
Omg, the feels, I cried with the "hagu" so precious Mari <3

And Dia was super cute too

Sep 10, 2016 10:22 PM
Oct 2014
AzukiG said:
Great episode. I really like that Sunshine focueses more on the development of the actual characters. Muse were more trying to be idol thing literally them pursuing their goal more directly. Sunshine is all about the characters and their bond and I like that. It makes it seem more chrming and you feel more conected with the characters instead of predefined attitudes like Muse (with very few minor exceptions like the forcefully exectued Honoka breakdown). At episode 9 Sunshine finally is now shaped up to be a series of it's own and not a copy&paste of LL! Season 1. And they finally didn't mention Muse in this ep! Yay (?)

Also must I say how much I loved the fricking insert song?! Does someone now the name of the track? I love the emotional not over the top ballad-like vibe it has. Idol tracks don't always have to be energetic upbeat tracks.

PS: For some reason I still cringe when You says "yosoro" :/ She's probably the only character with absolutely no development at all, probs getting something done for here at end of season or season 3 akin to Kotomi.

This is late, so you probably already have the answer, but the song is called "Mijuku Dreamer".
Sep 11, 2016 8:02 AM

Jun 2015
whoa I didn't think it would be this emotional/serious/tense but it was done nicely. Tho I am somewhat not used to the cast it is proving to be more enjoyable than its first seasons in this second half. First half was meh but with the senpais in action it has become fairly enjoyable.
Sep 16, 2016 7:30 PM

Jun 2014
This episode proves that Sunrise is the best when it comes to dra... melodrama.

Lucas8x said:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have problems :v

+2 for Sunrise

Bamco is definitely satisfied for all the love that this episode is getting lol
Lucas8x said:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 25, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was spectacular, there was so much greatness in this one! Kid Kanan and Mari were hella cute
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 21, 2016 5:10 PM

Feb 2014
Episode based on melodrama.

From "I don't ever want to see your face again" to "Let's hug" - Sure! Why not? Everything was so trivial after all...

-.-"

C'mon... *sigh* like this, can't even take it serious, can't even feel the feels.
TechOtakuNov 21, 2016 5:47 PM
Jun 10, 2017 6:33 PM
Jul 2016
Well that´s one hell of a coinsidence at the end there... This story have been feeling a little to identical to the previous, but the extra dept in the history with the original Aqours and how they managing since the break up trying to do accomplish the same goals as school idols, which is despite being part of the same story with the same story that´s based on μ's exact same story... An interesting addition.

A good mix of pre-story digging, funny moments and emotional weight. More focus on the Mari, Kanan and Dia past and present. That hug was a precious moment ^^
Guess more concrete progress will happen more rapidly now with "two heads put togheter" with much to offer on the table.
HilariumosisJun 10, 2017 6:46 PM
Oct 4, 2017 11:11 AM

Jun 2016
Yay! Finally Aqours is finally complete. This episode was so emotional and finally we all know why the previous Aqours broke up. :') That performance in the end was so cute. And apparently Mari, Dia, and Kanan's group name before was Aqours and Dia was the one who wrote their name on the sand when they're coming up with their group name. Haha. Dia, you cutie!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 9, 2017 10:07 PM

Sep 2016
game8910 said:
THIS
EPISODE
WAS
SO
GOOD
FOR
SO
MANY
REASONS

EXACTLY
LET EM KNOW
SOO MUCH LOVEE
Facta Non Verba
Oct 14, 2017 11:35 PM

Sep 2011
I admit it, despite the repetitive "saving the school" plot to the point it's annoying, the drama here is better than Muse.

And LMAO Dia was the culprit on their group name.

Oct 26, 2017 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
The reasons underlying the dissolution of the old Aqours, is a tad overused, but in the life of similar misunderstandings there are plenty of them, oh well! Pretty persuasive the narration regarding the decision-making stage to go back to doing school idols, but here too there is stench of déjà vu, on timing. In short, the stuff "already seen" can be talked about until the exhaustion, but it is convincing throughout the episode. Great as usual the CG and the move from it to hand-drawn. Mari's racing under the rain, is really fabulous at the level of drawings and animations. The new ending is very cute and catchy, as they were beautiful, Mari, Diamond, Kanan and Chika as little girls, as I wish there were more episodes than they were talking about their past.
Nov 7, 2017 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad that I can at last say with 100% confidence that Sunshine is not School Idol Project 2.0
The drama is far stronger; friends leaving each other for their future and not to hold them back is FAR, far, more powerful than someone leaving temporarily to study overboard.
But I died a little inside when seeing Best Girl Mari cry so much.

@Tennouji

After a little while, School Idol Project almost never brought up the school shutting down plotline.
Heck, Sunshine mentions it even less.
That's why I disagree with your opinion in that it's "repetitive" when it's barely there.
Nov 8, 2017 12:01 AM

Sep 2011
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
@Tennouji

After a little while, School Idol Project almost never brought up the school shutting down plotline.
Heck, Sunshine mentions it even less.
That's why I disagree with your opinion in that it's "repetitive" when it's barely there.

Yes you could say it's barely mentioned but the fact that "school shutting down" is what drives them to be a school idol, whether that's the primary reason or secondary, is still nothing different from the first generation.

Basically, it's already repetitive the moment that they brought up the "school shutting down" plot once again.

If only they didn't bring up the "school shutting down" plot in the first place, I might consider this as being unique but meh it happened.

Nov 23, 2017 9:11 PM

Jan 2014
Lmao that twist at the end. That was funny. I'm glad they finally made up. So it was never a matter of getting the student council president to join. She would always join if her two friends made up.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 1, 2018 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
Man, Sunshine really brought its A game on this one. What really got me the most was how Mari was screaming as she ran and all we could hear was the downpour of the rain. It really captured that moment perfectly, as though no words or sound could measure up to all of the emotions that had been locked away during those two years.
Mar 7, 2018 10:45 PM

Apr 2015
I just bought the 1st season blue ray. This is my favorite episode. Probably because Mijuku Dreamer is fun to play on LLSIF. Playing that game since. 2015 and 2 accounts 3 reinstalls. The 1st season is great i really enjoyed it. I watch the Mijuku Dreamer pv over and over. Dia is so clever. I like how Aqours found their name. :D

μ's
Mar 7, 2018 10:50 PM

Sep 2014
Mata1ch1 said:
I just bought the 1st season blue ray. This is my favorite episode. Probably because Mijuku Dreamer is fun to play on LLSIF. Playing that game since. 2015 and 2 accounts 3 reinstalls. The 1st season is great i really enjoyed it. I watch the Mijuku Dreamer pv over and over. Dia is so clever. I like how Aqours found their name. :D

Ahh a man of culture.
Mar 7, 2018 11:36 PM

Apr 2015
Elegade said:
Mata1ch1 said:

Ahh a man of culture.
We'd get a long. Guilty Kiss is some of the best LL music ever. Kowareyasuki is my jam. Yohane, Mari, and Riko:O

μ's
Mar 8, 2018 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
Mata1ch1 said:
Elegade said:

Ahh a man of culture.
We'd get a long. Guilty Kiss is some of the best LL music ever. Kowareyasuki is my jam. Yohane, Mari, and Riko:O

I'm more of an Azalea man, reason why I made a Guilty Kiss Sig is I can't find a proper background for Azalea. Close second though, 4th favorite song is Guilty Kiss, Guilty Night.
Mar 8, 2018 10:58 PM

Apr 2015
Elegade said:
Mata1ch1 said:

I'm more of an Azalea man, reason why I made a Guilty Kiss Sig is I can't find a proper background for Azalea. Close second though, 4th favorite song is Guilty Kiss, Guilty Night.
When we got the Aqours update for SIF i was heavy Azalea. Torikoriko Please is a fun song to play. I really like Hanamaru's voice. New Guilty Kiss stuff has me crushin tho. ;D

μ's
May 3, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2014
Confrontation between Mari and Kanan was great, both from script and art perspective.
I love Dia's character. She behaves serious and cold but has those cute moments all the time. it's nothing new in general, but it works so well in her case!
May 20, 2018 1:27 AM

Aug 2017
I'll give this one 5 stars just because of the last song. First Aquors song on par with mu's. Finally all 9 coming together. Really powerful song, equal to Love Halation.

Kanan in the center, yeah she's the prettiest and #1!
Feb 8, 2019 3:46 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode.

You-chan still best girl.
Jun 23, 2019 6:08 AM

May 2016
Even though Kanan's on friendly terms with everyone, she's very hostile when it comes to Mari to the point of it being excessively mean. I was wondering why they'd give up on everything because of one bad performance but the real reason why they didn't sing at Tokyo and why they threw their dreams all away shocked me as much as it did to Mari. To think that all of that was for her sake so she won't give up her chances to live a better future due to her love of being a school idol...

Seeing her run to the school desperately, drenched in rain and tripping along the way was really rough because the struggle looked so real. Mari might've slapped Kanan for assuming what's best for her and hiding her real intentions but it would've been too much if she slapped her friend back. That flashback of little Kanan suggesting a huggu with present Kanan finishing it with a tearful shiyou so they can both let it all out made me feel so emotional ;~;

Mijuku Dreamer's a fun song but finding out that it was their first song as a complete group made me see the song in a different light. I'm so glad that Chika asserted her dominance and talked some sense into those stubborn 3rd Years because that one push ended up with all three of them joining at once. Dia's a real toughie, willing to give her unconditional love for school idols for so long for both of her friends' sake. She's not very good at keeping it secret but she ended up being the one who bestowed the name of the group they could've been to the group they are now ♡

Jul 21, 2019 7:46 AM

Aug 2013
What an intense and emotional episode. Loved it.

The hug between Kanan and Mari as sweet. Almost teared up on it.

So the Dia was the one that wrote Aqours on the beach.

Aqours is finally complete. The song at the end was great.

Oct 29, 2019 10:54 PM
Apr 2018
It took me a while, but I think Sunshine might use both seasons to develop its plot: iirc, the original series took it less time to form the whole group. Idk, something that I've been thinking about...

I liked this ep a ton, it seems the similarities between µ's and Aqours ended here. Yohane and her locks were so funny and Kanan has finally got her screen time. I feel things can only get better from here.

Mijuku dreamer was cool too. It could work even better if it had been like a ballad but just the girls singing, like an acoustic version... which kinda goes against an idol series lol. Nevermind 😅
Sep 14, 2020 7:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn. Finally a complete member of Aquors formed, by regrouping with their third class girls. Their summer fest jist turned out absolutely beautiful. No complain about their performance as a complete members, per my standardization.

So, in order to step up their goals, they needed to did something big again. The summer festival was a nice way to brought back the old Aquors performance. Then, what Chika's did? Yep, they chose a brilliant decision, as expected as a leader! What she chose? She decided recruited their senpai, and revealed their secret among their miserable past. Was that the true reason? Surprisingly it was not.

Chika's did a great job. Its touchable decision, and yet, its brought some nostalgic memories where Eri's first time event, joining the Muses. About the third class girls. Yeah, the girls really had a complexity feeling beyond such a simplicity matter. The mood had been mixing up pretty tightly. Even they had some quarrel after that, fortunately Chika could prevent any unnecessary by the power of a main character. I just couldn't even handle it in a single swiped of mood. I mean, changed of subject first. How funny with your action, my fallen angel. You were surely a mood bosster over their dramatic situations. Its really help me survived my broken feeling. XD

Okay, continued. Its simple. But in 2 years lately, they failed to told the truth and be honest with themself. Dia, as a mediator among them, couldn't even did anything with her duo best friends. Because, as shy as Ruby, she couldn't even lit up a single mood to brigthen their rough memories in Tokyo, and their next problems after it. Ah, yeah, they were obviously too sweet, and then, full of drama's began as the result of their sweetness. I couldn't even said anything, rather than burst out a big mumbling and talked nonsense like i said much in above. How fucked up!

So, whatever happened in the past just passed it already, girls. You just needed to cheer up, hugged each others, and be honest. Because of why? Because Aquors must step forward into an unbeliavable moments you all never expected before! Thats it for me. Onward to the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 16, 2021 8:39 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty dramatic episode.

SerafosNov 13, 2023 1:32 AM
Jul 31, 2021 9:05 AM
Jun 2016
Akko has plenty of guts running around as a rat... in a school that discriminates against witches. Granted, she and Amanda didn't know. Wonder what if she was with Sucy instead. She'd probably do something much worse to the students.

Damn, did the school guards (?) seriously had to use those kind of masks? I mean, at least it wasn't white, and I know many other countries had similar masks to that. But I think it was intentional? They are prejudiced against witches and all.

Yeah, I don't think this show would ever depict graphic injury or death, but I was close to thinking that would with the armor merging with the blond guy's body, or when Amanda broke the helmet with an enchanted sword.

I love it when antagonists are humbled down by the protagonists. It's nice to see that this show isn't shying away from that even though it feels like it would. Like, damn Amanda, you've showed him!
Nov 5, 2021 11:15 AM

Nov 2017
Kanan's got swag!~

Loved the tender moment between Mari and Kanan, lovebirds! Hehe, anyway, there are now a full group of 9 (in episode 9, no less). Some questions were answered in this episode like why Kanan chose not to sing that time, who wrote the name Aquors in the sand (Dia, you sly devil, you!)

It's also funny 'cause last episode Mari was the one asking for a hug, but now this time it's Kanan. &++ they do hug! <3
Mar 8, 2022 2:43 PM

Jan 2022
I'm so glad the third years joined them, this is definitely my favourite episode so far.

Only issue is they took Mari's vest and made her a first year LMAO
Mar 11, 2023 12:02 AM

May 2022
i'm not crying, you are!!!

on a serious note, really beautiful episode and it reminds us to tell those around us how we truly feel.
Mar 26, 2023 4:51 AM

Jan 2015
The twist on the group's title at the end was cute. Cool song too. Good episode!
Jun 8, 2023 9:33 AM
Jan 2016
i love how everyone is equal
Sep 16, 2023 9:56 PM
Mar 2021
Mijuku Dreamer es simplemente hermoso, la canción desborda sentimiento.
Mar 6, 12:53 AM
Oct 2022
Kanan turned out to be really manipulative, and her lack of communication and consistent pushing Mari away made Mari feel so insecure and alone. Dia was sadly complicit. Mari was pressured to move toward goals she never cared for. The show tells us Kanan cares about Mari, but she never listened to how she felt and repeatedly told her she wished she would get out of sight- saying she never wanted to see her again. THIS was the culmination of the drama between the third years? This? I was waiting to see how Mari could have possibly deserved such foul treatment from her best friends, and this was it? Mari deserves better friends. She’s choosing to forgive Kanan and even needlessly takes blame herself, but it’s going to take a lot for me to be happy about Kanan joining the group after this. She’s a terrible friend; she’s just a kid though, so I hope she grows up to be a kinder one.
Mar 30, 11:12 AM
Jul 2022
El mejor episodio por ahora, me hizo tener grandes sentimientos, la historia de Kanan Mari y Dia, el porque de todo y finalmente las 9 juntas cantando Miyuku Dreamer. Es el pick y superar esto sera dificil
Apr 13, 7:26 AM
Nov 2021
zenith of the media
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Top 5 Favorite Love Live Sunshine Girls

TomCena1114 - Mar 29, 2023

25 by Erikor »»
May 1, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

164 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.