Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 13, 2016 12:45 AM

Jun 2008
Old_Raven said:
NasalShark said:
Why do people think Super Lovers is a "gay" anime?

*looks at picture*
*reads title*

I can't imagine why they think that...

LMAO...is that what Super Lovers is??

Actually...

Make that shota into a trap and then we're in business!!
May 13, 2016 12:54 AM

Jan 2015
Is it wrong to avoid something you don't like?

hoopla123 said:
Major123 said:
Nah man look at Haikyuu or Kuroko, those series got hit the hardest.

Those shows were pretty much hardcore fujobait to begin with.

Still good stuff tho.

Just wait for All Out!!...
It will be even gayer.
May 13, 2016 1:05 AM

May 2015
I wouldn't avoid an anime if it contained actual characters doing gay stuff. Why should I? It may contain a great story and great characters.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 13, 2016 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
AVOID? Are you kidding? I'd never see another episode of JoJo's if I did.
May 13, 2016 1:49 AM

Jan 2008
NasalShark said:

Because it IS. Read around to find out what happens in the manga. It's 100% gay. OP basically said "It's not gay, it just has a few kisses between males. IT'S NOT GAY, HONEST!" It's gay, OP, just accept it.

And yes, I avoid gay anime because I have no interest in a love story between guys. I just don't care. Why would I waste time on something I don't care about?
DmonHiroMay 13, 2016 1:59 AM
May 13, 2016 2:02 AM

Jun 2008
Lol, can't wait for SJWs to infiltrate the anime community and call us homophobic for not liking gay anime...
May 13, 2016 2:27 AM

Aug 2014
Meh I like shoujo although they aren't really gay more just targeted at girls. Just as guys like a little lesbian subtext, girls like that stuff too I imagine.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 13, 2016 2:29 AM
Aug 2011
Where is my thick muscular bara men love story?!
That's the kind of Super Lovers I want to watch.
May 13, 2016 2:30 AM
Feb 2014
The only "gay" anime out there is the Prison School dub @Comic_Sans
May 13, 2016 2:44 AM

Jun 2011
NasalShark said:
It's a gay anime, guy liking another guy is as gay as it could be. Guy touching guy is gay.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 13, 2016 2:48 AM

Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
NasalShark said:
It's a gay anime, guy liking another guy is as gay as it could be. Guy touching guy is gay.

My best friend touched me today. Is him gay now?

/Logic
May 13, 2016 2:50 AM

Oct 2015
I personally hate yaoi / yuri it makes me sick.
May 13, 2016 2:52 AM

Nov 2015
JustALEX said:
Lol, can't wait for SJWs to infiltrate the anime community and call us homophobic for not liking gay anime...

I'm not an SJW... I just like an anime that others don't want to watch because they consider it too gay and I wanted to start a discussion about this. Why do people always assume whenever race, gender or sexuality is brought up that the other person is an SJW. And then automatically start spouting their pre-programmed anti-SJW arguments.
May 13, 2016 2:56 AM

Aug 2014
Plume1015 said:
AVOID? Are you kidding? I'd never see another episode of JoJo's if I did.

JoJo is pretty fucking homoerotic yeah.

May 13, 2016 3:00 AM

Jun 2008
NasalShark said:
JustALEX said:

I'm not an SJW... I just like an anime that others don't want to watch because they consider it too gay and I wanted to start a discussion about this. Why do people always assume whenever race, gender or sexuality is brought up that the other person is an SJW. And then automatically start spouting their pre-programmed anti-SJW arguments.

I wasn't talking about you...

I was just making a joke...
May 13, 2016 3:02 AM

Apr 2016
People have preferences and it is completely justified if they like something or not. For example, I don't like butterscotch ice cream, but there are a lot of people who do. I believe my not liking butterscotch is justified and so is the opposite for others who do. There's no right or wrong when it comes to preferences.

There's only an issue when you go around telling others that their preferences and tastes are inferior and somehow you're superior for liking something that usually others don't. Don't tell me what I should like and I won't tell you what you shouldn't. It's as simple as that.

If you want to discuss about it, that's fine, but don't go around pushing your opinions as fact in front of my face.

JustALEX said:

It's already happening, man. Look around the threads and you'll easily find a few of them.
bikers123May 13, 2016 3:07 AM
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
May 13, 2016 3:04 AM
Aug 2014
KingSwisher said:
The reason people avoid anime they consider "gay" is because they're afraid of their own sexuality. A lot of men associate their masculinity with their attraction to women, and consider anything gay effeminate.

To put it simply, they're afraid they're going to see something they like. ;)

Ah, a comment that I've seen so many times. Good job, Mr.Masculine. Way to be close-minded. Have you ever thought that may be it is because the genre doesn't interest others? Just like how some people hate Shoujo, it doesn't mean all of them don't want romance in their lives.
Besides, what is wrong with being ''effeminate'' anyway? I'm a guy who is sensitive and emotional. Doesn't mean I care about being effeminate. That also doesn't mean I'm interested in watching Yaoi anime/manga. Hell, I'm not interested in watching Yuri either. Also, those aren't the only genres I'm not interested in, I don't like Mecha either. Just to make it clear, this doesn't mean that I hate gay or lesbians. In fact ,I have friends who are either and I'm a big supporter of their rights. They are awesome people. (The fact that I had to make it clear is quite sad cause it means that I have had the experience of people assuming that I'm a homophobe just cause I'm not interested in watch such stuff.)
I replied to this comment as I've seen such comments so many times and it's just stupid.
TyphoonSMay 13, 2016 3:15 AM
May 13, 2016 3:05 AM

Jan 2015
Harmony said:

...People like you, make me sick...
May 13, 2016 3:07 AM

Jun 2011
Xenocrisi said:
ToG25thBaam said:

/Logic
Yes, he's a full fledged gay now.

/Logic
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 13, 2016 3:11 AM

Nov 2015
JustALEX said:
NasalShark said:

I wasn't talking about you...

I was just making a joke...

Oh... Well.... This is awkward.... Ummmm.

Another guy accused me of the same thing, so I'll just point this post in his direction and pretend it was never for you. :^)
May 13, 2016 3:11 AM

Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Xenocrisi said:

/Logic
Yes, he's a full fledged gay now.

/Logic

If he touched it means that I'm gay as well, since theoretically it is reciprocal...

/Logic

Oh wait, I was already gay...
May 13, 2016 3:16 AM

Sep 2014
It's just individual's preference? Not everyone like to watch "gay" anime. There's no point to force someone to watch something they don't like. You can't help it.

Well, about Super Lover...

Eh OP, have you seen episode 6? It seems you only watch till episode 5.
May 13, 2016 3:20 AM

Nov 2015
Aoizuho said:
It's just individual's preference? Not everyone like to watch "gay" anime. There's no point to force someone to watch something they don't like. You can't help it.

Well, about Super Lover...

Eh OP, have you seen episode 6? It seems you only watch till episode 5.

Apparantly I made the grave mistake of watching the first 5 episodes and thinking it was about a lost young boy who finds an eccentric father figure... Lol.
May 13, 2016 3:26 AM

Oct 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Harmony said:

Why? Just because I don't like watching 2 people of the same gender making out makes me a bad person now? Please. I'm okay with people being gay/lesbian. I just don't like the kissing/sex of the same gender or whatever and mostly most yaoi/yuri have that kind of stuff. So I'll pass.
May 13, 2016 3:31 AM

Nov 2015
Harmony said:
Xenocrisi said:

Why? Just because I don't like watching 2 people of the same gender making out makes me a bad person now? Please. I'm okay with people being gay/lesbian. I just don't like the kissing/sex of the same gender or whatever and mostly most yaoi/yuri have that kind of stuff. So I'll pass.

I love watching two men kiss. It gets me really excited and makes me want to join in. I thought all heterosexuals were like that?
May 13, 2016 3:31 AM

Jun 2008
Anyway...I personally do NOT like gay or "Yaoi" anime.

Why?

Cuz I'm straight.

But, I'm OK with other people watching it.

I'll be 100% honest though...I don't mind traps.

Traps are hot.

I especially like Trap X Girl...cuz it's almost Yuri....and Yuri is delicious.

More Trap X Girl anime pls!
May 13, 2016 3:35 AM

Jan 2015
NasalShark said:
Harmony said:

I love watching two men kiss. It gets me really excited and makes me want to join in. I thought all heterosexuals were like that?

You shouldn't post these kind of pictures in here. Some people like @Harmony might puke
May 13, 2016 3:42 AM

Nov 2014
I just avoid it. I have 0 interest.
Xenocrisi said:
NasalShark said:

You shouldn't post these kind of pictures in here. Some people like @Harmony might puke

They might not puke because of the kissing. Some people just hate Oreos.
May 13, 2016 3:44 AM

Jan 2015
Irrelative said:
I just avoid it. I have 0 interest.
Xenocrisi said:

They might not puke because of the kissing. Some people just hate Oreos.

I have the feeling that this thread will be locked soon

@Ardanaz
May 13, 2016 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
NasalShark said:

Ah, so you're a troll. Damn, should have expected that. Sorry for taking you seriously.
May 13, 2016 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
@GesuYarou
is normal for a girl to like yaoi and is normal for a guy to like yuri
but if a guy like yaoi then he is not normal , and by not normal i didnt mean "oh this is bad and you should stop ", i mean just he is not a part of the majority
josei and seinen is a different story bro
May 13, 2016 4:55 AM

Oct 2015
Xenocrisi said:
NasalShark said:

Why the hell are you even butthurt about it? Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone has to.
May 13, 2016 5:26 AM

Oct 2013
OP, you have a good point, but you couldn't have chosen a worse example. It's been stated before and you've corrected yourself, but Super Lovers is a shounen-ai anime aimed towards a specific audience (fujoshis). Therefore it is a "gay" anime.

You should've mentioned anime that aren't shounen-ai/yaoi, but either a) have a canon gay relationship or b) have a lot of homoerotic subtext. There are people here who have admitted they avoid anything like that and yes, it is mostly due the homophobia. Although I can understand the discomfort for people who aren't or haven't been around a lot of LGBT+ people irl, the fact is that the discomfort is a learned behavior. If our society didn't vilify gay relationships, no one would have a problem and anyone who dislikes PDA would feel that way for all couples, gay or straight.

But I revel in the subtext, whether M/M or F/F. I got tired of hetero relationships in media a long time ago lmao, and they only interest me now when they're super well written and/or subversive.

And tbh, I'd love to see more canon gay relationships in mainstream anime. Sometimes there are gay characters, but usually they are portrayed as jokes and not well represented. A loooot of anime gets very, very close with the homoerotic subtext almost being just text, but never quite goes all the way. The only anime I can think of off the top of my head that does is No.6 and even it tones down from the original light novels.
May 13, 2016 5:41 AM

Feb 2010
if super lovers was only about relationships of brothers i would have watched it and first episodes werent too bad but looking at op theme and shounen-ai tag i really dont want to see where this will go since its painfully predictable .. so in order to not save myself from another crappy relationship (like in "love stage") i dropped it.
i did watch some "gay" anime from mere curiousity and all of them were disappointing or even gross (their talk about hurting buttholes and who on top..) so final decision was to avoid, avoid and avoid.
May 13, 2016 5:58 AM

Jan 2008
NasalShark said:

Edit: Okay fine. Super Lovers is gay. Nothing sexual happens but apparantly touching and kissing is enough to be gay to the majority of you.

For the last time, you pseudo-troll, two guys kissing IS gay. There's no debate about it.

NasalShark said:
Underneath the shonen-ai I found an interesting story, and I'd imagine that there are many other anime that have homosexual relationships that have good characters and engaging stories.

The story in Perfect Lovers is basically child grooming. I have no interest in child grooming.

NasalShark said:
Where do people draw the line between what they can accept in their anime? Or what they don't want to watch because it makes them uncomfortable.

Well, one line is drawn at child grooming, like I said. It makes me uncomfortable. Two guys kissing doesn't make me uncomfortable. Two related guys, one of which whom has raised the other, kissing makes me uncomfortable. See the difference?

Look, it's simple: most guys aren't that much into romance stories to begin with. When you subtract the female from the romance story, most guys will lose all interest because they don't care about gay men.
DmonHiroMay 13, 2016 6:08 AM
May 13, 2016 6:00 AM

Mar 2008
Not liking shounen ai/yaoi because it's not cup of your tea? I am okay with it.

Not liking them because you're a "straight guy"? You have a problem, dude.

For example I don't like reading shounen manga because I prefer to watch it. I don't like seeing action scenes on manga/comics. NOT because I'm a girl.
May 13, 2016 6:04 AM

Mar 2008
Tpfang56 said:

And tbh, I'd love to see more canon gay relationships in mainstream anime. Sometimes there are gay characters, but usually they are portrayed as jokes and not well represented. A loooot of anime gets very, very close with the homoerotic subtext almost being just text, but never quite goes all the way. The only anime I can think of off the top of my head that does is No.6 and even it tones down from the original light novels.

We really do need more non-sexualised/stereotyped homosexual characters in anime/manga, or books and TV series even. Having a homosexual/bisexual main character does not make that series shounen/shoujo ai (if series genre isn't romance).
May 13, 2016 6:10 AM

Jan 2008
Gaelenmyr is right. For some reason all shounen-ai shows feel the need to shove as much homosexual action as possible. You could very well make a good action show with a gay MC, just don't have him make out with a guy every episode. That, and a lot of shounen-ai shows tend to be a little rapey.
May 13, 2016 6:20 AM

Oct 2013
DmonHiro said:
For some reason all shounen-ai shows feel the need to shove as much homosexual action as possible.

The reason for that is because the shounen-ai and yaoi genres themselves are fanservice for fujoshis. It's pretty much the equivalent to ecchi/harem/hentai shows for straight dudes, so naturally there will be a lot of gay action for girls to squee/jerk off over.

Gaelenmyr said:

We really do need more non-sexualised/stereotyped homosexual characters in anime/manga, or books and TV series even. Having a homosexual/bisexual main character does not make that series shounen/shoujo ai (if series genre isn't romance).

Yeah, we do, but if America is only just now starting to have gay/bi/non-straight characters who are well written (and that too, the majority of them are side, not main, characters), then Japan is gonna take even longer to catch up. The best we can do is support media that have well represented LGBT+ characters and show them that it can be just as profitable.
May 13, 2016 6:22 AM

Jun 2008
tragedydesu said:
I avoid gay anime like free because I'm straight
Is the same reason why I avoid reverse harem and sports anime with a lot of boys

So basically you can't watch anime that has male characters?
May 13, 2016 6:23 AM

Oct 2009
DmonHiro said:

NasalShark said:
Where do people draw the line between what they can accept in their anime? Or what they don't want to watch because it makes them uncomfortable.

Well, one line is drawn at child grooming, like I said. It makes me uncomfortable. Two guys kissing doesn't make me uncomfortable. Two related guys, one of which whom has raised the other, kissing makes me uncomfortable. See the difference?

As one who likes reading yaoi manga.... this also makes me uncomfortable because of the child grooming part. That's why I dropped it. ;______ ;

May 13, 2016 6:27 AM

Aug 2014
Thing is that character's sexuality normally isn't that important but if I was going to watch a show just about romance, I would rather it was hetero stuff. I have no problems with shows that have a gay relationship as a part but sometimes it can get pretty creepy. I remember watching black butler when I was 12/13 and creepy demon wanting to fuck a shota, made me feel pretty uncomfortable. Even worse that I know hentai of that shit exists.

May 13, 2016 6:28 AM

Aug 2014
So Of Mice and Men is such a gay book because all the characters but 1 are men -_-.

May 13, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
Chibi-Alice said:
tragedydesu said:
I avoid gay anime like free because I'm straight
Is the same reason why I avoid reverse harem and sports anime with a lot of boys

So basically you can't watch anime that has male characters?

the main characters in death note are guys and is one of my favorites
i cant stand anime with a lot of guys and one girl like in reverse harems
tragedydesuMay 13, 2016 6:37 AM
May 13, 2016 6:35 AM

Nov 2015
DmonHiro said:

Have you watched it? They're not related. And Haru did not raise Rin, he just took him in after his parents died. And kissing is not always gay, but that's not really what I want to argue about.

DmonHiro said:
Look, it's simple: most guys aren't that much into romance stories to begin with. When you subtract the female from the romance story, most guys will lose all interest because they don't care about gay men.

I'd say most guys who watch anime are atleast somewhat into romance. After all romance is shoehorned into ALOT of modern anime, that wouldn't happen if the demographic wasn't there, right? And I'm a hetero male and I like the bonds they form, sue me.

(Also the OP was not intended to be trolly, the kissing pic I sent was a little trolly to be sure but come on, he was asking for it xP)
May 13, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2008
Thug_Gou said:

As one who likes reading yaoi manga.... this also makes me uncomfortable because of the child grooming part. That's why I dropped it. ;______ ;

I love yaoi or slash/femslash but I dislike a lot of yaoi series. Heteronormativity(?) in it makes me sick, which is seme and uke thing. Seme always has to be the masculine guy, and uke always has to be the feminine guy. As if a gay/lesbian relationship has to have "man" and "woman". It's like asking a gay couple "who is the woman of this relationship?" No... it does not work like that. I'm not against being masculine or feminine by the way. I just don't like a couple in Yaoi series ALWAYS has to have "seme" and "uke". Can't they be... like...... equal? It's not difficult, come on.

Another thing I hate about yaoi; abusive relationships. Ugh "seme" is super protective and jealous over his "uke" boyfriend. And IT IS ROMANTICISED. I don't mind if a book, movie, manga etc has rape, abusive relationships, jealousy. But if they're romanticised, shown as a "good" thing, then I am disgusted. Because let's be real, a lot of yaoi readers are underage and have no relationship experience. I don't want people to see jealousy as a normal thing.

Also I couldn't watch Kuroshitsuji because of its fanbase. Shotacon disgusts me so much.
May 13, 2016 6:50 AM
Nov 2014
I have no problem with guys openly liking each other in an anime, I just don't like animes that have their story centered around homosexual romance. And avoiding any genre in general isn't "wrong" in the first place, knowing your own preferences is never wrong.

Also, people who drop Super Lovers early and give it a low score will not influence the rating once the anime finishes, so it shouldn't be a problem for those who like this stuff either.
May 13, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2014
What does this topic even mean lol. Does Free! count btw?

Anyway I came mostly because of your forum avatar. Nice avatar.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
May 13, 2016 6:55 AM

Oct 2009
Gaelenmyr said:
Thug_Gou said:

I love yaoi or slash/femslash but I dislike a lot of yaoi series. Heteronormativity(?) in it makes me sick, which is seme and uke thing. Seme always has to be the masculine guy, and uke always has to be the feminine guy. As if a gay/lesbian relationship has to have "man" and "woman". It's like asking a gay couple "who is the woman of this relationship?" No... it does not work like that. I'm not against being masculine or feminine by the way. I just don't like a couple in Yaoi series ALWAYS has to have "seme" and "uke". Can't they be... like...... equal? It's not difficult, come on.

Another thing I hate about yaoi; abusive relationships. Ugh "seme" is super protective and jealous over his "uke" boyfriend. And IT IS ROMANTICISED. I don't mind if a book, movie, manga etc has rape, abusive relationships, jealousy. But if they're romanticised, shown as a "good" thing, then I am disgusted. Because let's be real, a lot of yaoi readers are underage and have no relationship experience. I don't want people to see jealousy as a normal thing.

Also I couldn't watch Kuroshitsuji because of its fanbase. Shotacon disgusts me so much.

LOL I feel you!! ;___ ;
I've always wondered why I'd rather SHIP characters from non-yaoi anime (aka Hoozuki, Kuroko, Haikyuu, Free, Durrarara hahahaha) but I'm not really fond of most yaoi anime adaptations.
You put it into words. ( ゚Д゚)<!!

I watched and liked Kuroshitsuji but I shipped Grell and Sebastian, so I guess I'm safe. hahaha

May 13, 2016 6:56 AM

Jan 2008
NasalShark said:
And kissing is not always gay, but that's not really what I want to argue about.

You don't want to argue about it because you can't. A guy kissing another guy on the lips is gay. End of story. They themselves don't have to be gay, but the act is gay. Just what is wrong with you? Why can't you just accept what is obvious? I'm starting to think that it's you who is uncertain of your sexuality. Are you looking for people to agree with you that gay things aren't gay so you don't feel gay about liking them?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you agree that One Piece being the top 1 currently airing anime suggests this Spring is weak?

18927 - 38 minutes ago

5 by Zimmu »»
7 seconds ago

» Favorite word

JoeChip - 19 minutes ago

5 by Ricchan__ »»
5 minutes ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - 5 hours ago

17 by Daviljoe193 »»
26 minutes ago

» What's one anime or character in your favorites you wish had Ecchi or Hentai scenes for officially?

IpreferEcchi - 55 minutes ago

3 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think western animation is better than anime right now? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Runasius - Feb 22, 2023

188 by Cielord »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.