Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Descending Stories
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2016 7:45 AM

Oct 2012
This anime just have the most perfect timing to end the story
Awww.. I'm curious now
Time to marathon it all xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2016 2:59 PM

May 2015
This episode has some great feelings.

Escpecially the ending. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 8, 2017 4:28 AM

Feb 2014
Romance and bromance in the same episode. I wonder if the new girl is going to be Shin's love interest (and Konatsu's mom), going by the ED.

And yeah, teared up a bit towards the end when they reunited. I also liked how they ended the scene with their master sending them on a trip to the bath.

Although, one thing that's been bugging me is how Yakumo is able sit with his legs folded if he has a bad leg.
Jan 12, 2017 12:54 AM

Nov 2010
Episode 3 : Vol. 2, Ch. 6

omggg. This theme song totally gives me a noir feel. Shin walks in on Yakumo practicing and tells him that he should try doing ero stories instead. Then says that they should save up and hit up a brothel and Yakumo, embarrased, goes to school. HAHA. He just limps off. Yakumo helps out this girl and played the shamisen. Ochiyo-chan, the girl that he ever went out with. They met so many times in secret but he eventually had to break things off. I wondered if he really liked her. They were separated because of the war.
War continues and rakugo is slowly losing itself. Rakugo becomes censored in the lewder stories, the ones that Yakumo had been trying to learn. Shin then shows up to help Yakumo with his chores. Them being the lowest, zenza, and no one else trying to show up means that they'll forever be at the bottom to help out with chores instead of performing. Shin isn't happy with this and hears one of the older guys recite a play that he's been practicing. He'd say the lines the same.
Afterwards, more and more people end up quitting and it's just Shin and Yakumo left. Seven wants to go to perform for the troops and he wants to take Shin with him while making Yakumo stay with his wife or go back to his family. Seven lets go of his cat and Yakumo compares himself to the feline. Seven ends the conversation. That night, Shin and Yakumo promise to come back alive. Yakumo wants to hear Shin perform while he falls asleep.
Yakumo ended up working in a factory, away from the war. He still continued to read rakugo. OOH. A pretty girl. I don't think he ever married, hm? Everyday he looks out for letters from Seven and Shin but they didn't come after a while. They've got their own lives to live. Yakumo recites stories whenever he feels down. Then they move back. Awww. Matsuda had been taking care of the house while they were gone. Wow. Yakumo went straight to work doing rakugo again. Performing so many times a night.
Then their happiness comes back home. OMg. My heart. I didn't think that I'd ever hear Yakumo screaming. OMG. THEY LOOK SO GOOD IN THEIR UNIFORMS. OMG. HUG AND KISS HIM, YAKUMO. This anime is so gorgeous. HAHA. Yakumo making a joke with the five coins. Wow. Full house. Now that the war is over, rakugo is slowly coming back. Peple have been deprived of it for a long time.
This anime is so greatly paced, mang. I love it.
The boys move out----OMG. MIYOKICHI. ISN'T THIS KONATSU'S MOMMA. OMG.

WE'LL BE MEETING OUR BOYS ALL GROWN UP AND MOMMAAA.
May 1, 2017 4:33 AM

Mar 2012
Guess this is gonna be one long flashback.
May 22, 2017 8:47 PM

Apr 2017
Man, I got teared up after watching this episode. It was quite emotional. Bon experienced a lot of things in his early life including loving a person, waiting for his brother and father to come back home and playing Rakugo even he's suffering a disability. I love the storytelling of this show and it is realistic.
Jul 22, 2017 8:05 PM

Apr 2015
Yakumo looks so feminine...I'm surprised no one's mistaken him for a girl in-series (that we know of) yet.

The 'forbidden rakugo' thing reminds me of banned books. The rakugo we've seen in the first two episodes were relatively clean and still very entertaining/got laughs out of the audience, so I'm not sure why that alone would be hurting rakugo so much. I don't know how strict the standards were on what's forbidden, though. Regardless of rather rakugo needs to be bawdy or not, I hate censorship, and I'm glad that rakugo got to make a triumphant return after the war.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 21, 2017 3:09 PM

Jan 2017
It was a great episode this one. I'm really enjoying this show let's see how it continues. I hope it gets better.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Jan 7, 2018 2:10 AM

Jun 2016
Even though, I know they'll be back safely, I was still worried af. Haha. I sincerely love the bromance between Kikuhiko and Sukeroku. They're so cute. Haha. :3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 20, 2018 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
That was a great episode, we got to see how Yakumo started to really like performing Rakugo thanks to Sukeroku's influence, but sadly, war blocked their way, and the fear of separation and never seeing each other was painful to handle. I think this episode nailed that feeling, seeing how I teared up a bit once they finally came more than a year of knowing nothing about them and fearing the worst, their reactions of happiness were too good.

Jan 2, 2019 3:50 AM

May 2016
Interesting turn of events.

Glad that they came back the story would have been boring without the master.
Apr 11, 2019 2:12 AM

Feb 2013
I almost teared up when they returned.
May 20, 2019 9:49 PM

Sep 2017
This was a really emotionally intense episode. It was really awesome getting to see Bon learning his own style of rakugo out of necessity for his wellbeing, and the scene where he finally saw Sukeroku again was really powerful. Love it. Can't wait for the next one.
Nov 5, 2019 8:53 AM

May 2017
best episode so far. The friendship between the two is really growing on me. I'm not ready to find out how he died.
Dec 13, 2019 4:44 PM

Nov 2016
And Shin came back home all dirty again;_; You know a series is crazy good if you already rode a rollercoaster of emotions and teared up at episode three.

And here comes Miyokichi.

Opening is pretty fire btw.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 14, 2020 11:18 AM
Apr 2016
What an awesome opening! A great backstory just became even greater... certainly a ride.
Jun 13, 2020 3:16 AM

Mar 2019
Ah,the reunion.Shin came back!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 27, 2020 10:03 PM

Sep 2018
I love the journey of Bon! I'm glad he didn't marry and he waited for the war to end.. I'm glad Rakugo is coming back again!!! great friendship ❤️
Jan 4, 2021 7:39 PM

Jul 2017
Really strong episode. Love the characterization done surrounding Kikuhiko's past and learning about the many kinds of experiences he went through when he was younger and how it changed him for better or worse, and showcasing the great moments and the struggles too. The reunion with Shin was nice too to wrap the episode up before the Miyokichi cliffhanger. The sound department for this episode was great too, from the musical choices used to help bring out the best in scenes, to the actual narration itself of events.
Mar 14, 2021 1:39 PM

Mar 2018
Loving this show so far, emotions feel very natural and easy to connect with. The subtle 40's mafia atmosphere and music really adds to it's style as well.
Apr 17, 2021 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
Very touching this relationship between Bon and Shin, like inseparable brothers <3
By the way, this narrative seems to be very rich in terms of character development and also about bonds/relationships through maturing. Trying not read the spoilers, as I believe the denouement must be surprising.
Oct 8, 2021 10:47 AM
Aug 2021
That OP was quite cool. Wasn't expecting it to be so vibey. I genuinely thought that Shin was going to die

There's been a lot of character development in just a few episodes, that's impressive.
Apr 27, 2023 8:32 PM

Feb 2019
Kikuhiko's relationship with Ochiyo-chan was so cute and wholesome, it's so sad how they had to break up ;-;

And then another woman in the countryside who was close with Kikuhiko, I don't think they were ever more than friends but there was something going on there.

It's quite sad how both had to end due to geographical distance.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2016

262 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Feb 14, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

110 by itsagibbousmoon »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:15 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

196 by Abdullla_aah »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

203 by Shikkakku »»
May 2, 2023 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

134 by Shikkakku »»
May 1, 2023 7:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.