Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2013
hallonet said:
Just remembered why ithis is the only anime i prefer the eng dub, Gokus voice is fucking horrendous. How come everyone else have a reasonably good voice and goku (+ gohan and goten) gets the shittiest one, Can understand him sort of having that voice as a kid but as an adult its just hilariously bad.

Except... that dubbed anime is not even anime. Goku's voice is good as it is and Goten has the cutest voice imo. Btw, Goten and Trunks talking are supposed to sound annoying, in a "cute" way.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jul 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Mar 2012
Women... Just give them money and they will accept anything!
Jul 5, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
hallonet said:
Just remembered why ithis is the only anime i prefer the eng dub, Gokus voice is fucking horrendous. How come everyone else have a reasonably good voice and goku (+ gohan and goten) gets the shittiest one, Can understand him sort of having that voice as a kid but as an adult its just hilariously bad.

I don't know if it's just because I re-watched Dragon Ball in Japanese recently, but... I honestly prefer Goku's Japanese voice over the English one now.
It brings out a lot more of the childish side of his character, instead of the English version, where that seems entirely absent and he's just this typical tough-guy who acts silly sometimes.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 5, 2015 11:20 AM

Oct 2008
Well, it was an ok first episode. Though it'd probably take a while for me to get used to Dragon Ball looking this polished.
Jul 5, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
HeroKenzan said:
So happy to see Dragonball again and it was a good start imo.
Felt like a little kid again while watching.

Lol @ Trunks turning into Kenshiro for a while with his "atatatata"

man the beginning felt so nostalgic with the old animation and the majin bu saga ; ;

overall a pretty good episode but the op was kinda meh i liked the ed more
Jul 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Boltz said:
Finally, Mr. Satan has redeemed himself in my eyes! I remember as a kid he was one of my most hated characters, because he took all the credit for saving the world lol. It feels like Toriyama is wrapping it up with the old characters and making room for new ones to come in the 3 new arcs. I do hope he makes a throwback every now and then - it feels so nostalgic to see Videl, Roshi, Piccolo, etc.

THOUGHT EXACTLY THIS, i hated him as a kid, it felt sad to see goku not get recognized, but now after giving him the money and all after seeing poor goku have to work (or make his son work lol) as a farmer it felt good
Jul 5, 2015 11:43 AM

Apr 2011
Very good episode. I liked the first episode a lot.
Jul 5, 2015 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
Okay first episode. I can't wait for the rest of the series.
Jul 5, 2015 11:49 AM

Dec 2012
All the nostalgia rushing in. I think only now, that I realized that Dragonball is really back ._.

I love the sol aspects, and character interactions.

Idc what others say, I really like the Japanese voice cast, except Trunks (his voice is just grating, especially considering he supposed to be a kid)

I really don't like Beerus, so I wonder if this will change my mind.
Jul 5, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2012
That was great, my first time listening to the Japanese cast and I have to say that it isn't bad at all. Will still watch the dub whenever it comes out, but I'll watch Super subbed for now. Awesome start.
Jul 5, 2015 12:03 PM
Jan 2015
man dragonball episodes are really exiting, nothing special happened in this episode but still enjoyed it 4/5
Jul 5, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2014
Watching this really brings me back! Such nostalgia!
Some character really need to change their outfits though. Gohan looks too geeky for a Dragon Ball character!
Jul 5, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
I can't say this was revolutionary or the best thing in the anime world in recent years. But, god damn it, I love the atmosphere and this is bringing back so many memories. I'm so happy this day has come.
Jul 5, 2015 12:22 PM

Jan 2015
I still don't know how I feel about this series...I mean we saw movie quality of BoG and Revival of F, so why would they throw that out the window and make a watered down TV version.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 5, 2015 12:27 PM
Sep 2014
bobzanny said:
I still don't know how I feel about this series...I mean we saw movie quality of BoG and Revival of F, so why would they throw that out the window and make a watered down TV version.

Movies are always alternate timelines from the normal DB timeline. It think it's good to keep them separate. We can also expect slight differences to how both movies will be handled in the series itself. If anything this will add more info and depth.
Jul 5, 2015 12:32 PM

Oct 2012
bobzanny said:

Because not everyone has seen the movies, the continuity would get messy and confusing (with a bunch of timeskips saying "now, movie x took place here, but you've seen it already, so let's skip a few years"), and RF will take months to be available on DVD.

This way it's simpler, it allows to flesh out the movies since they have all the time they need, and everyone can watch it without being confused or worried they may have missed something.
Jul 5, 2015 12:50 PM

Mar 2013
This shit will be a lot worse than GT, but it's Dragonball so fuck it, it's already a 10 in my book
Jul 5, 2015 12:56 PM
Feb 2009
Fullmetal89 said:

This first episode is what Dragon Ball was at it's core. It's an awesome way to start the series. If you aren't fond of comedy or the lighthearted approach it takes then you probably wont enjoy Super.

Do I like comedy ? Yes. But, please, tell me one moment in this episode where this is funny ?
Do I like slice of life ? Yes. But, DB is not a slice of life... At least not a good one.
In the beginning, Dragon Ball was indeed quite funny. But, then, after the arrival of Raditz, it's mainly focused on fight.
So, why I'm here ? For a good fight :)

Restoration > I agree with you, of course. We can not have the big fight in the first episode. But, if they wanted to show some action, why not make a trainning fight with Trunks/Goten ? Goten/Goku ?

Still better than a random fight with a dinosaur :) ?

In the end, there is nothing interesting enough for making this episode good.

And, do not get me started with Goku turing SS and hitting the ground... which makes only a small hole... Franckly, worst training ever...
Or Goku who wants to go train with Kaio-sama, who has a power level around
5 000 and has already taught Goku everything he knew (300 episodes ago).

The second episode seems also to be of the same kind... Hopefully, seeing Vegeta will be more fun than Goku riding a tractor !
Jul 5, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
The animation sucks, i hate the VA because i've always watched the dub version of dragon ball. i don't know if i'll continue this series
Jul 5, 2015 12:58 PM

Jul 2013
BigBoss96 said:
This shit will be a lot worse than GT, but it's Dragonball so fuck it, it's already a 10 in my book

Even if they try, I don't think it's possible: :D
GuilekJul 5, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
One of my fav. anime of all times is still going strong.
Love the comedy in this show as well as the action.
One of the best along with One-Piece...forget about the other anime since they can't compare LOL.

Feb 2015
Good start although I really wanted to see vegeta we seen basically everyone but him.

Feels weird watching the sub goku's dub voice is so much better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2015 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
I dislike what they did to Videl, she had such spunk and unique personality before, now she's kind of plain. Goku's voice is so childish in Japanese, might wait for the dubs. Still great though.
Jaywalker.
Jul 5, 2015 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see this series is back.

Beerus destroyed half on the planet by tapping the table.
Jul 5, 2015 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
Great episode; although getting used to the Japanese dub is going to take longer than I thought.
Jul 5, 2015 1:16 PM

Mar 2013
God, this show is nigh unwatchable in Japanese lmfao. All these voices are terrible.
Jul 5, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2007
Great start! I'll need to get used to worthless-Gohan as opposed to his powerful state in DBZ, but it was an overall great start for the series. Also nice to see Mr Satan actually doing something nice for once. He's a good guy after all and knows who really saved earth.

And lol @ Goten being more reasonable than Goku. Way to go Goku, getting outsmarted by your youngest son.
And by the way Trunks/Goten-shenanigans is always a good way to start a season. I can't wait for Vegeta's family trip in episode 2! :D
Jul 5, 2015 1:33 PM
Feb 2008

Pretty nice episode. Might just wait for the Dub.
Jul 5, 2015 1:38 PM

Jun 2015
What the hell goku and gohan's voice are so high pitched
Jul 5, 2015 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
straggy said:
God, this show is nigh unwatchable in Japanese lmfao. All these voices are terrible.

+1
Jul 5, 2015 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
u can tell how many young ppl are here lmfao this is the first time yall hearing the jap VA lol
Jul 5, 2015 1:48 PM

Mar 2015
Dragon Ball is back, goddamit, just for this fact, this episode already deserves a 5/5
Jul 5, 2015 1:57 PM
Feb 2010
ichii_1 said:
gohan has power but wastes it just cause he got some p*ssy :(
What a goddamn shame, keep training, studying and banging, you don't have to give up one "sigh"

That snake is stronger than nappa XD

This part in the op was epic <3
yes its very awesome part its like theire going to meet a great power
Jul 5, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2014
The first episode was okay. can't wait for the rest, & btw i like the animation anyways it's good to see the oldschool Dragon Ball back :D
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jul 5, 2015 2:13 PM
Oct 2012
After the abomination that Buu Kai was, this episode brought back a smile on my face.
Getting hyped for this new series.
Jul 5, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
Ep was fine, but it could be better. Hard to say at the first episode though.

Since I watched Kai recently I'm used to the japanese voices by now and I think they fit well enough. Wouldn't want to wait for it to get dubbed anyhow.
Jul 5, 2015 2:31 PM
Nov 2014
This episode pretty much reminded my why one should watch the english dub of DB. The episode was ok, didn't disappoint nor suprise me because I didn't expect anything outstanding to begin with.
Jul 5, 2015 2:37 PM

Dec 2007
Welcome back childhood
Jul 5, 2015 2:40 PM

May 2010
funny episode! I can't wait for next episode it seems more fun lol XD
I recently was playing the dragon ball xv so it's hard o get used to the jap voices
the animation was pretty too
Jul 5, 2015 2:47 PM
Sep 2014
Rukodaime said:
Fullmetal89 said:

This first episode is what Dragon Ball was at it's core. It's an awesome way to start the series. If you aren't fond of comedy or the lighthearted approach it takes then you probably wont enjoy Super.

Do I like comedy ? Yes. But, please, tell me one moment in this episode where this is funny ?
Do I like slice of life ? Yes. But, DB is not a slice of life... At least not a good one.
In the beginning, Dragon Ball was indeed quite funny. But, then, after the arrival of Raditz, it's mainly focused on fight.
So, why I'm here ? For a good fight :)

Restoration > I agree with you, of course. We can not have the big fight in the first episode. But, if they wanted to show some action, why not make a trainning fight with Trunks/Goten ? Goten/Goku ?

Still better than a random fight with a dinosaur :) ?

In the end, there is nothing interesting enough for making this episode good.

And, do not get me started with Goku turing SS and hitting the ground... which makes only a small hole... Franckly, worst training ever...
Or Goku who wants to go train with Kaio-sama, who has a power level around
5 000 and has already taught Goku everything he knew (300 episodes ago).

The second episode seems also to be of the same kind... Hopefully, seeing Vegeta will be more fun than Goku riding a tractor !

I thought it was funny when Goku let Goten drive the tractor then said " Goten. Do it right or I won't be able to concentrate on training" after Goten had drove the tractor off of a cliff.
Jul 5, 2015 2:47 PM
May 2015
That first episode was nice.

It played on the humor nicely, and the action was low-key but good enough.

It's got me interested enough to see what happens next, and not just because it's DBZ and I have to see it.
Jul 5, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
Could be better could be worse.
Jul 5, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
Moodie said:
u can tell how many young ppl are here lmfao this is the first time yall hearing the jap VA lol

They still make my brain hurt. Fucking kid trunks VA is killing me
Jul 5, 2015 2:56 PM
Apr 2014
It was pretty great. The animation was average, but it's Toei, so I wasn't expecting much on that front anyway.
Jul 5, 2015 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
Goku looking sharp in those clothes. Good first episode I'm excited to see where this series goes.
Jul 5, 2015 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
Great start for the first episode after so long. get old dbz feel.
Just wanted to see how the first episode is. I'll watch the rest on dub whenever FUNimation does the broadcast dub they've been doing
Jul 5, 2015 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
You could buy a lot of things with 100 million zen, right, Master Roshi?
Jul 5, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode, had DBZ vibes.
Jul 5, 2015 3:25 PM

Sep 2013
Good stuff. Loved every second of it.
Jul 5, 2015 3:27 PM

Jan 2015
And here we begin our new adventure! Dragon Ball is back!!
Great first episode to introduce this new series!
And yeah, it is a bit weird to watch Dragon Ball with jp VA haha
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

78 by TheColonel76 »»
May 31, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

62 by ChiisuNoYo »»
May 29, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

97 by RedFox_3 »»
May 29, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

66 by TheColonel76 »»
May 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

92 by TheColonel76 »»
May 20, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.