Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2014 11:46 PM

Jul 2011
I find myself always giving HxH episodes 5 out of 5. Some episodes need a 6 out of 5 choice, though.
Apr 29, 2014 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
shadow3wolf said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Netero's god beam should be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MORE powerful than the miniature rose bomb...? the rose bomb is like 1/10 of today's nukes... and that wasn't even nuclear.. a god like beam has to be more powerful then that...-.-
the rose bomb is also super common apparently with 250 countries having 10 each, meaning 2500, they could've just dropped 10 of those on the palace (or teleported them in using the portals) way before the people got there from the city.... one of the strongest humans no match to a single bomb...
No living organism can unleash the energy of a nuke. Netero was strong as hell. Meruem was even stronger. Togashi's made a point though, that nen, a product of life-force, can't match that kind of destructive potential. At least nothing shown, thus far.
Apr 30, 2014 2:49 AM
Oct 2012
Epicness is in evry single moment in the las two episodes
Really i didn't want merume to die, especially when komugi healed
Also the royal guard reaction was heart-breaking, i wish that pito knows that the king is dead, so she can cut gon's head off, since there's no reason keep her care about komugi's life now. I understand gon attitude but still I hate him for it.
nu__Apr 30, 2014 2:55 AM
Apr 30, 2014 2:51 AM

Jul 2011
Anyone notices how attractive Komugi looks with her hair down? It's like a different person.
Apr 30, 2014 2:58 AM

Feb 2013
I start to hate the HxH team... and love the CA more.

that tears.. T.T
Apr 30, 2014 3:53 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was soo epic that I decided to read the manga. One week is too long.
Apr 30, 2014 3:54 AM

Feb 2014
loserboi said:
This episode was soo epic that I decided to read the manga. One week is too long.

Well don't get confused by ch.299, :P
Apr 30, 2014 4:53 AM

Apr 2014
Gon is the best protagonist in shounen no doubt about it..............
the bomb is the bet example of deadly and beautiful......
I hope the king dosent die..

that was EPIccccccccccccccc
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 30, 2014 4:57 AM
Feb 2013
Lanvidia said:
Anyone notices how attractive Komugi looks with her hair down? It's like a different person.

Yeah, she's actually beautiful. It's because her hair was tied up made her look strange.
Apr 30, 2014 5:02 AM
Sep 2013
Great episode. Makes me feel guilty and weird for those dudes that cried for the king. Also the Rose Bomb reminded me of ....
Apr 30, 2014 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
not a fan of Gon(despite my avatar)

but I like what he's showing now
Kill the boy and let the man be born
Apr 30, 2014 6:16 AM

Feb 2014
soraibi said:
Great episode. Makes me feel guilty and weird for those dudes that cried for the king. Also the Rose Bomb reminded me of ....

I think this is the point of it, and there is something else, but I reckon controversy made it be worded differently.
Apr 30, 2014 6:29 AM

Oct 2008
ryuushogi said:

I hope he is dead. But not so much because he is suppose the villain. I want him dead because if a freakin' WMD can't kill him then he is immortal. If he is immortal then he is useless as both a villain and a hero. I'm afraid he isn't dead though.
Apr 30, 2014 6:38 AM

Oct 2009
n10sity said:
ryuushogi said:

I hope he is dead. But not so much because he is suppose the villain. I want him dead because if a freakin' WMD can't kill him then he is immortal. If he is immortal then he is useless as both a villain and a hero. I'm afraid he isn't dead though.

Repeat after me: 'In Togashi, we trust'
Apr 30, 2014 7:18 AM

Jan 2010
ryuushogi said:
Gon is the best protagonist in shounen no doubt about it..............

No doubt. The very fact that most of us are hating Gon for his coldheartedness and selfishness makes him very close to how a person would behave in real life if he lost someone close to him. Justice and fairness don't mean shit when you are out for revenge.

I am so glad Togashi transformed Gon this way like no other shonen or any anime has ever done before.
Apr 30, 2014 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
Misail said:
Unless the storyteller says that the king is dead I am 90% sure that he is still alive.

I hope he's dead, if he can survive that explosion then I don't see how they can stop him LOL

shadow3wolf said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Netero's god beam should be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MORE powerful than the miniature rose bomb...? the rose bomb is like 1/10 of today's nukes... and that wasn't even nuclear.. a god like beam has to be more powerful then that...-.-
the rose bomb is also super common apparently with 250 countries having 10 each, meaning 2500, they could've just dropped 10 of those on the palace (or teleported them in using the portals) way before the people got there from the city.... one of the strongest humans no match to a single bomb...

there are millions of people living around the palace, if they bomb it then they all die. I don't think it's worth it.
ValaskjalfApr 30, 2014 9:31 AM
Apr 30, 2014 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
Lanvidia said:
She will be more beautiful if she carry a tissue paper
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 30, 2014 10:52 AM

Mar 2011
keragamming said:
Andan210 said:
keragamming said:
Guys how much more chapters until this arc ends? I really don't care for the ant arc to be honest. : What will be the nest arc after this?

This arc will end at episode 135, so 8 more episodes. The next arc is The Chairman Election arc, and is going to be all about the election of the new Chairman of The Hunter Association and the consequences of The Chimera Ants arc.

oh, ok. thnx. I hope this series will have a time skip like naruto.

Time skip is the worst thing ever happened to shounens, so no there will be no time skip.
Apr 30, 2014 10:55 AM
Jan 2014
so is there a new episode next week? because its going to be golden week ... or am i wrong ?
Apr 30, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2012
Icebreaker93 said:
keragamming said:
Andan210 said:
keragamming said:
Guys how much more chapters until this arc ends? I really don't care for the ant arc to be honest. : What will be the nest arc after this?

This arc will end at episode 135, so 8 more episodes. The next arc is The Chairman Election arc, and is going to be all about the election of the new Chairman of The Hunter Association and the consequences of The Chimera Ants arc.

oh, ok. thnx. I hope this series will have a time skip like naruto.

Time skip is the worst thing ever happened to shounens, so no there will be no time skip.

Why? Time-skips are used to develop the characters, the world, the story and the plot of the series. There's nothing wrong with them. It all depends how it's used.
Besides, i wouldn't disregard a time-skip in HxH, specially with the current arc in the manga. Just saying.

detectivekillua said:
so is there a new episode next week? because its going to be golden week ... or am i wrong ?

Oh fuck, are anime studios still taking Golden Week vacations? I thought that had ended long time ago.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 30, 2014 11:05 AM
Mar 2012
Nice bomb kappa, just what you expect from togashit. Should have just thrown bombs at their nest and ended this arc in 2 episodes because bombs are so op here.
Apr 30, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
Shaduge said:
Nice bomb kappa, just what you expect from togashit. Should have just thrown bombs at their nest and ended this arc in 2 episodes because bombs are so op here.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 30, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2012
Shaduge said:

How about you ask these questions while re watching the arc.
Apr 30, 2014 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
The end hit it for me. Those were the cries of anguish of parents finding out their child just died. Powerful stuff. Once again, props to the voice actors of this show.
Apr 30, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2010
Were they secretly hinting to World War 2 events? You know.. the bombs..

And i wonder if King is alive.. would be kinda cool story progression to see him dead. But maybe the catlady could heal him... aahh idk :D

i just LOVE HOW I CANT PREDICT THE NEXT OUTCOME
Apr 30, 2014 11:53 AM
Jan 2014
Lylaaz said:

And i wonder if King is alive.. would be kinda cool story progression to see him dead. But maybe the catlady could heal him... aahh idk :D

if togashi is really "realistic heavy" with the bomb then wouldnt it have some sort of radiation poisoning like the whole hiroshima incident ... and if that is truly the case then pouf and youpi are goners from that radiation , if infact he really thought that deep
Apr 30, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
OMG i am left speechless once again!!!!

Is the King really dead????????????
Apr 30, 2014 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
Just loved it. I'm getting in love with Hunter x Hunter, it's freaking awesome.
Gon's rage is more and more scarier and now I'm all hyped for this Gon vs Pitou battle.
Apr 30, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2012
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

if togashi is really "realistic heavy" with the bomb then wouldnt it have some sort of radiation poisoning like the whole hiroshima incident ... and if that is truly the case then pouf and youpi are goners from that radiation , if infact he really thought that deep

Lol.
Apr 30, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

Lol.

Did you even see Youpi? That guy can pretty much swim in magma. Im pretty sure a little radiation wouldn't kill him. Hell, i bet even anyone with decent Nen can survive radiation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2014 2:11 PM
Mar 2013
weeeell yeah that was crazy the stare of Gon and at the end i was also speechless damn King
Apr 30, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

Yeah, he's really stupid for that. Kind of unrealistic that they are still walking around after all the "realism" of how bad nukes are :P
Apr 30, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
Pitou x Gon finally, jesus, finally.
Btw, Royal Guards' reaction was quite legit but hilarious.
AkanezoraApr 30, 2014 2:41 PM
Apr 30, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2011
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

Apr 30, 2014 2:49 PM

Apr 2014
Akanezora said:
Lol ! That sounds perverted. ;-)
Apr 30, 2014 3:18 PM
Apr 2014
Not read the manga thanks above! Nah I already knew anyway though you should've just not posted and that episode is going to be funny because of all the prostate rummaging from Togashi
Apr 30, 2014 3:22 PM

Feb 2014
People gotta realize 116 was basically the climax of their "fight", and from now it's the epilogue.
Apr 30, 2014 3:57 PM

May 2007
Ooooh time to get eaten!
Apr 30, 2014 4:02 PM

Feb 2014
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

Apr 30, 2014 4:27 PM

Sep 2009
somehow i felt gloating after crying of yupi and pouf
Apr 30, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode! What was the name of the intense OST during the rose scene?
Apr 30, 2014 7:27 PM

Sep 2013
MrAM said:
I really like how this episode felt so calm and slow. It was almost relaxing in a way, which provided an excellent contrast with the insanity of the previous episode. Not too much happened, but all in all it worked extremely well as a “aftermath” sort of episode.

The little scene at the beginning that detailed the history of the Rose was surprisingly powerful . The music, the visuals.. they came together to form a genuinely haunting montage. The narrator’s question “What is the difference between a human and an Ant” is perfect, because it captures much of what is being shown here so well. The Ants have been repeatedly shown since the beginning of this arc to be vicious creatures who are able to bring about destruction and a loss of life on a monumental level, and to possess power that no human could possibly challenge. The existence of the Rose deconstructs the notion that the Ants are somehow more capable of bringing about greater havoc than humans. As the last episode demonstrated, it’s quite the opposite: humans are capable not only of equal destructive potential to the Ants, but greater than them as well. The humans are not somehow morally superior in this conflict. So indeed, “what is the difference between a human and an Ant?”

Gon continues his steady march down the path of darkness and corruption. I can barely recognize him anymore; he’s become so different since the early days of the series, which of course is the whole point of this. The fact that Gon is more than willing to use an innocent girl that has almost nothing to do with him as a hostage speaks of volume about his current state. It’s also in many ways a brilliant callback to the all the encounters he’d had with villains throughout his journey to find his dad and become a Hunter. It ties especially well with Gon’s interactions with the Phantom Troupe. At the time, they themselves took him hostage for their own selfish reasons, and Gon questioned them more than once on their willingness to commit such reprehensible acts. He showed similar disgust with the Bomber back in Greed Island. During all those times, there was nothing that Gon had experienced in his life that could help him explain the actions of these people. Now, ironically, Gon has become very much like them: cold, calculating, detached, pragmatic, etc. It doesn’t help that no one, not even Killua, is stopping Gon from going down the inevitable path to adulthood.

Killua’s cynical, chillingly logical mindset was brought to the audience’s attention in this episode, when he spoke of hostage exchange and the like as casually as if he were discussing the weather, and it’s no wonder: he’s an example of a child who was forced to grow up early, who was forced to go through what no one his age should have to go through. Killua lost his innocence a long time ago, and now Gon’s in the process of doing it.

I liked the juxtaposition of the Hunter team’s loyalty to Gon and the Royal Guards’ royalty to their King. Ironically, it is the Ants who are in a better light now: the person that they were loyal was trying in his own naiive way to bring world peace, while the Hunter team is following the orders of a frightening boy who’s taking hostages. On that note, I should mention how incredibly clever Togashi is for drawing multiple parallels between the King and Gon throughout this arc despite the fact that neither character has talked to the other even once.

That last part where they were searching for the King and broke out in tears of agony and despair when they discovered his body..it was moving, especially because of what a human gesture it was. No one can pretend that these Ants are emotionless monsters- at this point, they are more human than the actual humans themselves.

I would be saying RIP Meruem, but I’m not entirely convinced he’s dead. The Royal Guards seem to be up to something in the episode preview, and since we still have up to episode 135 for this arc, I’m going to wait a little longer and see what happens next. I’m probably wrong, but hey, Meruem is one of my favorite characters this arc and I’m hoping he’s still alive. RIP Netero though, one of the best old men in all of anime. You will be missed.

Also, yes Komugi is back, I missed her. Still as adorable as always.

Great review MrAM
Apr 30, 2014 7:46 PM

Apr 2011
MShukyDeneuve said:
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

It's not a nuclear bomb, they even say in the episode that it didn't cost to much to make.
Apr 30, 2014 8:02 PM

Jul 2010
GoldenBlue said:
Akanezora said:
Lol ! That sounds perverted. ;-)

Haha, if this is the case then, the whole Manga's title is lewd!
Apr 30, 2014 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
slow episode this week
Apr 30, 2014 8:53 PM

Jan 2012
so who wants a piece of a roasted ant? its extra well done!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 30, 2014 10:27 PM

Jul 2013
Fuck this shit! Pitou could pretend to obey, get close enough to Gon, and decapitate him like how Kuroro knocked that mafia daughter out. Gon's senses might be sharp but he's not exerting his nen and I doubt he's fast enough to dodge such close range attack anyway. Use your fucking brain for a bit Pitou, no one said you have to dash and attack. Also, POKER FACE GOD DAMN IT!

As a matter of fact, fuck Komugi! If Pitou wasn't so concerned for her Gon would be dead by now. Fuck all this waiting, fuck Youpi for sparing the hunter team, fuck Pouf for listening to Pitou not to kill Gon, fuck Killua and Knuckle for not beating Gon senseless, and most important at all fuck you, narrator!
May 1, 2014 12:04 AM

Oct 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:
Fuck this shit! Pitou could pretend to obey, get close enough to Gon, and decapitate him like how Kuroro knocked that mafia daughter out. Gon's senses might be sharp but he's not exerting his nen and I doubt he's fast enough to dodge such close range attack anyway. Use your fucking brain for a bit Pitou, no one said you have to dash and attack. Also, POKER FACE GOD DAMN IT!

As a matter of fact, fuck Komugi! If Pitou wasn't so concerned for her Gon would be dead by now. Fuck all this waiting, fuck Youpi for sparing the hunter team, fuck Pouf for listening to Pitou not to kill Gon, fuck Killua and Knuckle for not beating Gon senseless, and most important at all fuck you, narrator!

Pitou could, but is at a complete psychological disadvantage - she's completely freaked out by Gon's utter focus and determination. If he showed even one bit of uncertainty or lack of focus, then I have no doubt Pitou would have lopped off his head and been done with it. Gon, however, is so utterly domineering in his certainty that he'll get what he want, that Pitou thinks he's probably hiding something - that it would be a mistake to strike at him. Pitou's instincts are overriding her logic, and whether or not that turns out to be a mistake, it goes to show the frightening depths of Gon's will.

As for the rest, you seem to be ruffled that the characters are exhibiting, well, character. This arc wouldn't be half as compelling as it is without the antagonists showing flashes of vulnerability and/or sentimentality; it highlights their latent humanity, which makes them far more interesting than completely cold, ruthless killing machines. In ant terms, yeah, those exhibitions of emotion and individuality are weaknesses, and frankly, it's that incompatibility that's giving the hunters their only real chance of completing this mission successfully. It can also be argued, however, that the ants would never have gotten so far, or become so dangerous without assimilating humans in the first place.
DangerrMay 1, 2014 12:07 AM
May 1, 2014 12:26 AM

Mar 2012
I love how Togashi made us feel close to the Ants and them he is just like ''they're still freakin' chimera ants''. Well, at least I think that was what he was trying to show us when Knuckle saw Pouf's copy (as half-ant like). They can be humanlike - they have human blood, afterall - but they're still chimera ants.
I don't really know how to feel about Meruem's death - I doubt he is really dead -, IF he is dead that's kind of good because of what he wanted to do. His ''peace paradise'', at start sounds good but when he explained a little more to Netero about that I got a little scary.
Well, it's not like HxH world is at its best anyway, with all that mafia and stuff.
And, if that rose bomb is that powerfull why not use it from the start? So much hardwork along the arc for giving those excuses? D:
May 1, 2014 2:16 AM

Jan 2013
The episode was epic U_U
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 84 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HybridMBL - Jun 15, 2013

262 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 83 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RX-782 - Jun 8, 2013

216 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HybridMBL - Jun 1, 2013

225 by Nerdason »»
Today, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

917 by JimDotJPEG »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Avato-chan - Apr 7, 2012

108 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.