Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2014 6:06 PM
Apr 2014
forfrosne said:
I guess I was wrong to hope that this show might turn into something like Durarara. I know nothing about the base material (the songs) but the plot outline on various press sites led me to that idea, of these people living lives throughout a city with powers that connect them but with various branching storylines that eventually tie in with each other.

Its gonna happen probably around the next two or maybe just the next episode, and I wouldn't say its close to Durarara since instead of having small arcs its gonna have one major storyline. And the characters in this are imperfect and broken like Momo and Shintaro.
Apr 19, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
The scene where they were running away from the people with the song playing reminded me of Scooby-Doo
Apr 19, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
What did I just watch? :/ I am confused.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 6:20 PM

Nov 2013
This is very Shaft...too much of the symbolism goes over my head. Seems that many people were replaced by devices that play voices in place of dialogue. Also, I'm having too much trouble trying to figure out what kind of show this is, what it's about, and what's going on. This episode was about an idol character and the previous one was about a NEET and his computer's AI. They have nothing to do with each other. Maybe the first few episodes of this show are meant to introduce each character separately and then their lives will come together later, I don't know. Usually something this enigmatic is a sign that the show is either gonna be a masterpiece or random crap.
Apr 19, 2014 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
Okay first of all some info before any of you continuing whining on how this is completely ruined by SHAFT.
1. Story is created and supervised by Kagerou Project original creator; Jin
2. It will not follow the manga but it will have some similarities.
3. For the newcomers, the first and second is completely different than each other because of reasons to come. What are they? You will know soon
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Apr 19, 2014 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
Damn it's been a while since i seen people this salty

having not heard of Kagerou Project i can't say if this was bad or good compare to the Manga but i'm still interested

things i know so far
the people all have their own story lines so i guess at some point there gonna tie together
they also glow red eyes i guess on a basic understanding its whenever they show emotions to something they don't like?
Finally i'm supposed to not know what the fuck is going on right now.
Apr 19, 2014 7:22 PM
Mar 2014
ridiculous. if not for the colors it was barely watchable, and i usually like the stuff SHAFT has been doing lately..
Apr 19, 2014 7:23 PM
Nov 2013
dior said:
Absolutely awful.
Agreed
don't be an asshole just because you don't have the same opinion
Apr 19, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
Those symbols... Does somebody care enough to explain it to me?

WE SHOULD ALL GET ALONG~!

>:3
Apr 19, 2014 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
For me the episode was really boring although I guess it is necessary to slowly introduce each character. I will watch a few more episodes but I think I might drop this.
Apr 19, 2014 7:39 PM

May 2008
ReadOne_97 said:

It's literally just Shaft trying to save as much money as possible. No need to concern yourself with those.
Apr 19, 2014 7:55 PM
Apr 2014
ReadOne_97 said:

Right here http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/23g51m/spoilers_mekakucity_actors_episode_2/
The guy Tundranocaps explains a lot of things that came up in the episode.
P.S. to find it more clearly its the comment with a lot of links.
Apr 19, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2010
Momo failing her test when she thought that she aced was funny.
The wind blowing on the teacher was just as good.
I felt somewhat bad for Momo, how she can't live normally.
The story telling thing at the end, it makes me curious... I can't help but bring Chobits into mind for the story telling.

I almost thought this was a different anime, until they showed the hooded girl.
Apr 19, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
Better than the first episode - more composed and interesting but still it feels disconnected and lacks a direction. Is it going to be the same throughout? A bit of an introduction to each character and then onto the next? That's like Starry Sky. :/

I love the ED btw. Never change it.
Apr 19, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2013
WAAH, I thought Momo was supposed to like, go to the mall where she also sees Shintaro? And she helps hostages escape..? Or something? Idk can't remember.
Wth was with the first half o.o

Honestly, I feel Shaft is spending way too much effort on Nisekoi and barely any effort at all for Mekakucity Actors.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 19, 2014 8:22 PM

Jun 2012
Ugh, I hate characters like Momo.
Apr 19, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2013
Let's wait before we complain. I know Shaft has his reasons
Apr 19, 2014 8:34 PM

Feb 2014
The animation is kinda annoying me and I'm disappointed with this episode, but I really loved the music part, it was awesome.

Well... next one.
Apr 19, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
Do I have to have knowledge of the source material for this show to make sense or be more appealing? Because honestly, I'm not enjoying this at all :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 19, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2013
Better than the first episode, mostly due to Momo's backstory. I felt like the art style and music were perfect for the flashback. That being said, I still think they could have tied this in to the previous episode and cut out some of the unnecessary conversation. It feels like they're trying to build up to one decisive moment, but for now, the anime is lacking (ironically) the style and energy per chapter that the manga had.
Apr 19, 2014 9:12 PM

Jun 2013
xchee said:
Do I have to have knowledge of the source material for this show to make sense or be more appealing? Because honestly, I'm not enjoying this at all :/

Not really. They've only adapted the songs "Jinzou Enemy" and "Kisaragi Attention" with a bit of "Lost Time Memory" and "Death God Record"

It shouldn't make sense up until Episode 3 when everything ties up. The backstories of the other characters would piece the puzzle altogether.

I doubt Jin would write an anime filled with questions without answers.
Apr 19, 2014 9:21 PM

Apr 2012
I don't really get the hate, besides the fact that the show can be a little slow. Personally, I thought the episode was great and told Momo's story well.
Apr 19, 2014 9:28 PM

Sep 2010
I got so happy when I heard Kisaragi Attention in the background as Momo was running, can you believe how excited I was when the song actually started playing! N-no, I didn't get teary eyed watching the ED.

They kinda dragged this episode along when they could've already introduced the Mekakushi Dan and told Shintaro what happened when he was held hostage.
iLostReason said:
R4vel said:
Here's the song to people who's concern
http://youtu.be/vd9keKqd1G0
No no.This is Otsukimi Recital, the song from this episode is Kisaragi Attention:
http://youtu.be/rk-wPp9Ru3I
Can't blame R4vel too much though, Kisaragi Attention didn't have Hibiya and a few of the scenes are similar since they mixed both songs into the anime. This is probably confusing to non-fans.
animeoshiriApr 19, 2014 11:16 PM
Apr 19, 2014 9:51 PM

Aug 2013
I excepted a lot worse from all these nasty comments, but the episode was actually pretty ok. I kinda liked how they added more scenes for Momo.
wow gay
Apr 19, 2014 9:53 PM

Oct 2008
love how KagePro gets an anime.but... it gets shafted.

Apr 19, 2014 9:55 PM

Mar 2013
Haven't listened to any of the songs or read the manga/LN so I'm going into this blind. Definitely better then the last episode, but still confused... Hope they can clear everything from last episode and this episode with the next episode. Curious what the "red eyes" and the girl in the 1st episode talking to Shintaro is about. :] Like the new opening but some parts felt better in the previous version, ending was nice and calming. Can any Kagepro fan tell me how the adaptation is so far?, from a non-fan perspective it feels like its going slow since these past 2 episodes were a setting up the story for the upcoming episodes?
Apr 19, 2014 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
SrachcII said:
Why is this show monogatari? It is almost the same thing.
Kind of off topic but w/e, went to the US premiere of 3rd madoka movie and we got to ask the president of shaft why every one of their shows are "monogatari" esque. It's because everything is directed or art directed by Akiyuki Shinbo, so rather then it being "monogatari" its more just Shinbo's very noticable art direction and style. Or to generalize it further, its the "shaft style", since Shinbo basically directs every show produced by Shaft.
Apr 19, 2014 10:17 PM

Jun 2013
SalmonSandwich said:
Haven't listened to any of the songs or read the manga/LN so I'm going into this blind. Definitely better then the last episode, but still confused... Hope they can clear everything from last episode and this episode with the next episode. Curious what the "red eyes" and the girl in the 1st episode talking to Shintaro is about. :] Like the new opening but some parts felt better in the previous version, ending was nice and calming. Can any Kagepro fan tell me how the adaptation is so far?, from a non-fan perspective it feels like its going slow since these past 2 episodes were a setting up the story for the upcoming episodes?

The adaptation is doing well.
Episode 1 adapted the song and manga part "Jinzou (Artificial) Enemy" which is basically Ene's first song. We get some foreshadowing of Lost Time Memory too.

Episode 2 adapted the song and manga part "Kisaragi Attention" which is basically all about Momo.

"Death God Record" aka the Monster Story at the end of the ED theme is also there.
Episodes 1 & 2 make up 2/3 of the first light novel "in a daze"

Everything's doing well and I suppose it's meant to be slow as hell. Aside from the animation (Shaft's doing a great job but they could've done better like Shidu) and the slow-pacing AND Ene's Out-Of-Character-Virus, it's well done :33
Apr 19, 2014 10:23 PM

Nov 2012
meh, still don't like the whole animation style. seeing the people replaced by objects was especially annoying.
but aside from that it was alright i guess. though not really much happened..
Apr 19, 2014 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
Why shaft.. :| the strange portrayal
Apr 19, 2014 11:37 PM

Dec 2013
To be fair, those of you who think the story is terrible, I suggest checking up on the songs and reading the backstory more before dismissing the characters themselves.
Shaft didn't do a good job on this episode though, but we get insight on Kisaragi Momo.

I suggest you keep watching up until episode 5, as the story is something that is confusing at the start if you are new to Kagerou Project.

For the episode itself, the animation certainly has a marked improvement, but the way Momo runs.... No comments. Take note Shaft is simply animating it, Jin is writing the story. Several differences from manga and Light Novel. And for those that know Jin, god he is such a troll at times.
Hi!
Apr 19, 2014 11:41 PM

Nov 2013
I kinda liked this episode. Though, it did have a slow pacing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2012
I didn't quite understand why there was so much talk of grades at the beginning. Seemed like a waste of space that dragged on too long and stopped being funny. Also unfortunately still not digging the Shaft-ness of this.

That aside....

I thought this was a really good ep! I loved seeing more background on Momo, especially the scene asking her mother about her father. That made me happy to see things like that included. I was grinning like an idiot when Kisaragi Attention started playing. I was totally not expecting that but it was adorable and sounded great. I hope they do that with more songs! Hibiya was a total surprise, but I am not complaining. I was glad he popped up. I can't wait until next week's ep.

Also I love the changes to the opening song! The ending was sad but pretty cute with Hiyori!
Apr 20, 2014 1:00 AM

Jul 2013
Still feels like a cheap Monogatari knock-off. Akiyuki Shinbo's preference aside, I don't understand why they are trying so hard to make it look like Monogatari (even Nisekoi has become a bit distinct since it incorporates some of the original manga style). It's not like they can't make it different, can they? Even the flow of the story (and quite possibly the concept) is extremely similar, I don't know if this is because of direction style or it was originally like that (I have no idea whatsoever about the original source). Question to the fans, is this supposed to be a series of unrelated stories that ultimately ties up in the end?

The episode itself is as boring as if not more than the 1st episode. They spent almost half of it showing just how idiotic that Momo girl is and basically nothing really happened in the episode. The song is quite nice though.
Apr 20, 2014 1:15 AM

Nov 2013
Better than ep 1.
It seems like shaft will not change their style for kagepro.
Shaft nearly never animate other character than the main character, it's their style and i don't really have problems with this.

But this episode is pretty boring, nothing special, nothing funny, nothing awesome, nothing noteworthy.

oh wait, there is one, the 'kisaragi attention' part, i love it.
Konata_MasterApr 20, 2014 1:21 AM
No matter how uninteresting an anime series looks, watch it.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series is, watch it until the bitter end.
As it is the true essence of what makes one an anime warrior.
Apr 20, 2014 1:25 AM

Oct 2011
xMusicaWind said:
To be fair, those of you who think the story is terrible, I suggest checking up on the songs and reading the backstory more before dismissing the characters themselves.

Nobody should have to go out of their way to understand things that an anime leaves out from its source material.
Apr 20, 2014 1:45 AM

May 2013
I don't know what to deal with this episode but I still don't know why people's eyes are changing into red, when will you explain it Shaft?

But this episode involves Momo, I like her tho. Wish she'll pass the History Test next time.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 20, 2014 1:48 AM

Jan 2014
soo ene and momo are different characters? :I:I...i thought they were same
Apr 20, 2014 1:53 AM

Sep 2010
LonelyWizard said:
soo ene and momo are different characters? :I:I...i thought they were same
Completely different. If you didn't know, Momo is Shintaro's sister.
Apr 20, 2014 1:58 AM

Dec 2013
SweetCoconut said:
I don't know what to deal with this episode but I still don't know why people's eyes are changing into red, when will you explain it Shaft?

But this episode involves Momo, I like her tho. Wish she'll pass the History Test next time.

"I-I ate the textbook!"
Priceless.
@Cheesako: Like I said, it is one of those story lines with a extremely confusing start, you have to watch the whole thing to piece the story together. They will cover the Red Eyes soon, I believe.
Admittedly, the sypnosis is fairly pointless and isn't really a good one.
Hi!
Apr 20, 2014 2:02 AM

Apr 2009
Bad song from this episode said:
THIS IS TORTURE I WANT TO QUIT
THIS IS TORTURE I WANNA RUN AWAY

This series is at least self-aware...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 20, 2014 2:03 AM

Nov 2012
Seems like a lot of people werent happy with the episode. I really enjoyed the ep and thought it was really artistically well done and was visually and musically pleasing. I was thinking about how the episode seemed to drag on so much since there seem to be many more characters that also need introductions and we only have 12 episodes, but I thought about how it was said multiple times "All style and no substance." Sounds like shaft is very aware of what they are doing and has foreseen the criticism, so I think they know what they are doing.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Apr 20, 2014 2:28 AM

Jul 2010
Subtle advertisement for the blu-ray? Dat spelling tho... SHAFT PLZ...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ma-ad.jpg
Asuka_10Apr 20, 2014 8:16 AM
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 20, 2014 2:35 AM

Jun 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
Question to the fans, is this supposed to be a series of unrelated stories that ultimately ties up in the end?
Pretty much yes. And that tied story is a pretty cruel and dark one.
Apr 20, 2014 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
Ugh i already lowered my expectation for this anime and it still disappoint me.

At least they should improve those crappy animations.
Apr 20, 2014 4:02 AM

May 2010
2/100? Wow, is that even possible?

This is starting to remind me of Mawaru Penguindrum with the artstyle and story-telling.

Now how I feel about the episode... Hmm, I can sense potential from this anime but it feels like, shaft isn't giving their 100 percent here...

8/10
Apr 20, 2014 4:02 AM

Jan 2013
I love all the hipsters who are insulting this just because they know about the source material.

It's a cartoon guys.
Apr 20, 2014 4:05 AM

Mar 2014
the episode was so slow ...
Apr 20, 2014 4:19 AM

Jan 2011
The episode is probably too uninformative and boring, but I found it enjoyable. The style and music are excellent. I still think the show has a great potential.
Apr 20, 2014 4:22 AM

Sep 2011
Jesus Christ this is terrible. I think I'd rather watch Mahou Sensou than this. Dropped.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.