Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 15, 2014 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOOOL, Mashiro is so new to electronics. Aliens? They're just on TV!

Well, no doubt she likes hamburgers. I thought episode was funny. I'm still getting used to Mashiro's voice though. Yonomori and her senses...those antenna XD

ED song is freaking adorable.
Jan 15, 2014 9:45 AM

Jul 2010
Lots of Mashiro. Loving it!
Jan 15, 2014 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
Can't get enough of that OP: "la-ta-tara-ta-ta-ta-ooh-ooh..." The ED is fine as well, I guess.

Looks like we got us a set-up for drama. The amnesia thing did seem like a lame excuse in the first episode, but now it seems like there's a story behind it. Colour me mildly intrigued.
Jan 15, 2014 6:17 PM

May 2013
Almost any amnesia story has a reason behind it. I actually thought the first episode was "good". The characters work fairly well together... though, the story is probably going to be quite obvious. Nonetheless I think they'll make a cute couple in the end, so it should be fairly entertaining.

BTW does anyone know approximately how long it should take for subs to come out after each episode?
Jan 15, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2012
turtleinshell said:
Almost any amnesia story has a reason behind it. I actually thought the first episode was "good". The characters work fairly well together... though, the story is probably going to be quite obvious. Nonetheless I think they'll make a cute couple in the end, so it should be fairly entertaining.

BTW does anyone know approximately how long it should take for subs to come out after each episode?

They normally come out the next day after the raw release.
Jan 15, 2014 8:43 PM

Mar 2012
turtleinshell said:
Yeah, in retrospect I really should have known better. Not that I didn't find the episode "good" in spite of that, in fact I was rather pleasantly surprised.

Although I do hope that all the alien talk doesn't turn out to be a plot point. Heck, I don't think I even wanna see it as a running joke. Judging by the show's title and OP though, it seems like it's here to stay.
vonPeterhofJan 15, 2014 8:47 PM
Jan 16, 2014 2:58 AM

Nov 2009
This show is so fking adorable man ...
Jan 16, 2014 3:12 AM

Oct 2013
I can't stop looking at the duration bar while watching this anime
I just hope it never reach the ends

This anime is just perfect
"Burn the heretics"
Jan 16, 2014 3:14 AM

Apr 2007
I'm sorry, I just can't take the loli's voice. It's terrible.

Dropped. Unless I get access to a less annoying dub, maybe?
Jan 16, 2014 3:17 AM

Jul 2013
Kobeni's amnesia, the reasons for it are slowly being revealed.
So he saved her, both taking on injuries and Hakuya doesn't want her to know..
Fanservice in OP :)
Episode was funneh.
I defs want more of this.
Jan 16, 2014 3:27 AM
Apr 2013
Toaki90 said:
I can't stop looking at the duration bar while watching this anime
I just hope it never reach the ends

This anime is just perfect

I do the same thing lol. I watched this episode at 5 AM waiting for my bus to school and I'm more worried about the show ending too soon rather than lasting too long and missing my bus.

Such a funny episode, and the show is getting more interesting. I want more screen time for the older brother though. It seems he's got something good on his mind :o

5/5
Jan 16, 2014 3:40 AM

Nov 2012
Main girl considerably more attractive than first episode, I wonder why.
Was pretty cool, will keep going.

Jan 16, 2014 3:43 AM

Mar 2013
Mashiro is kawaii as fuk would protect/10
Jan 16, 2014 3:52 AM

Oct 2013
TentacleMonster said:
facade63 said:

Mashiro is kawaii as fuk would rape/10

Kobeni is perfect as fuk, would have arranged marriage/10
Toaki90Jan 16, 2014 4:17 AM
"Burn the heretics"
Jan 16, 2014 4:07 AM

Aug 2010
Toaki90 said:
TentacleMonster said:
facade63 said:

Mashiro is kawaii as fuk would rape/10

Please line up after the army of Benio-clones *hands 'end of line' sign*
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 16, 2014 4:26 AM

Sep 2013
mashiro does absolutely nothing for me :L
kobeni's past is pretty intriguing though

hopefully we'll learn more about that soon :)
also lol poor hakuya and his house getting crushed xD
Jan 16, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2009
Thoughts:
0:35 mashiro x benio

6:37 mashiro's cute little booster seat. Everyone's using silverware instead of chopsticks :o

11:01 mashiro's little teddy bear

16:53 benio looks good in glasses

-----------
Overall:
1. ED song was cute

2. Not enough kobeni x hakuya in this episode, although it was suppose to be about mashiro

3. Loved the comedy, but there was so much of it that the story didn't progress at all

4. Didn't like the direction this episode went. Should've went to kobeni x hakuya first cuz they're the main duo. Comedy was great but too much of it. Hopefully the story will progress next episode.

Ep2: 4/10
billybob300cJan 16, 2014 7:39 AM
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 16, 2014 4:31 AM
Jul 2013
Ok, I'm sold. This anime is unexpectedly good. I was rolling in laugher everytime Hakuya(the guy)'s wooden castle got wrecked. Looking forward to later episodes.

Am I the only one who thinks Kobeni is more adorable than Mashiro?

ED was good, but not as good as OP.

Finally getting used to Hakuya's voice. Hope he'll turn out to be a decent male lead.
"There is no love greater than when he lays down his life for his friends."..... It seems I am not a good lover.
Jan 16, 2014 4:50 AM

Aug 2010
If the first episode was underwhelming this was just plain bad.
Mashiro basically single-handedly ruined the show so far, gotta admit that's one hell of a feat to accomplish. 2/5.
Jan 16, 2014 4:55 AM

Sep 2013
that opening and ending gave me diabetes
LittorioJan 16, 2014 5:21 AM
Jan 16, 2014 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Mashiro was going to scold Benio for having snacks in the stuco room, turns out she just didn't understand what she was saying LMAO!

Poor Hakuya's castle kept getting toppled. It was predictable but I just can't help but laugh whenever it happens.

*Benio talks about boobs*
"It looks like Benio-sama's having a refined conversation." LMAO

- - - -
A really pleasant and adorable show. Mashiro reminds me of Ren-chon from NNB with the way she talks (minus the panic attacks). Also, still can't help but think of Yuru Yuri while watching :p Kobeni is plain and doesn't really have any defining attibute but is adorable like Akari. Benio is like a combination of Kyoko and Akane haha.

I actually think Hakuya's voice fits him. He's like the dull, no presence-no personality guy that whenever he speaks you're like "oh he can talk!" lol

Love the OP and ED. The OP's probably my favorite of this season. So catchy!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 16, 2014 5:12 AM
Jul 2012
Azalonozul said:
Ok, I'm sold. This anime is unexpectedly good. I was rolling in laugher everytime Hakuya(the guy)'s wooden castle got wrecked. Looking forward to later episodes.

Finally getting used to Hakuya's voice. Hope he'll turn out to be a decent male lead.
Kobeni is better by far.
Jan 16, 2014 5:27 AM
Feb 2009
godamn it feels like mashiro is the male lead here....
Jan 16, 2014 5:29 AM

Nov 2012
First episode was much better imo. Pulling out the amnesia card, but mebbe the story will be cool. The whole alien joke was lame and even worse it was carried on through the whole show. Not finding Mashiro all that cute.

Wonder if there is going to be any supernatural elements involved? Sure hope it isnt aliens.
Jan 16, 2014 5:55 AM

Nov 2010
Flaecy said:

That's what i thought too. too much focus on mashiro.
But other than that, still great anime .. looking forward to more.
Jan 16, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2013
Not as good as last episode but still good nevertheless it was still good.

I agree with above posts there is a bit too much focus on Mashiro.
Jan 16, 2014 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
Not as funny as the first ep but still entertaining nonetheless.

Mashiro and her tsundere pride is as adorable as ever although I wished they didn't spend too much time focusing on her UFO-phobia.

That ENDING sequence though!!!!!! Gotta be the 2nd cutest after Witch Craft Works..
Jan 16, 2014 6:44 AM

Sep 2012
Mashiro stole the whole show away.
Jan 16, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 2007
Mashiro is so GODLIKE i have no words. I don't think i would enjoy this anime the slightest if it wasn't for her.
Jan 16, 2014 6:53 AM
Jan 2011
Oh dat Mashiro, can't keep her trap shut.......i forgive her.
Jan 16, 2014 7:13 AM

Feb 2011
Mashiro-tan~ xD
Jan 16, 2014 7:19 AM

May 2012
Cloudy-Sky said:
Mashiro is so GODLIKE i have no words. I don't think i would enjoy this anime the slightest if it wasn't for her.

Indeed!! Though I think Benio and her gang would keep the show afloat without Mashiro, it would be a considerable down to the show to not have her in it.

Mashiro is really making this show shine~

Man...this really might be my anime of the season...

Every episode is just crazy fun, and the OP/ED are so good that I can't bear to skip them
Jan 16, 2014 7:44 AM
Sep 2012
scottwired said:
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei has foreshadowing written all over it. Some shit is gonna go down, I just know it.

The title translated as "Engaged to the Unidentified" and the whole second episode focused around Mashiro being scared of UFO's and mysterious creatures. Kobeni has vague memories of silhouettes of fox-looking things living near a temple. Not only that, Kobeni notices that nobody finds Mashiro's presence odd and Benio states that the family has been around for a long, long time.

There is WAY more to this story than meets the eye.

Thank you. I was actually worried about no one else mentioning those things. Not sure whether that was a fox or a wolf. Don't forget about mainboy's "injury". Aside from seeming somewhat mentally challenged (nah but he's pretty cool) he doesn't seem to have a notable injury. Putting that together with the wolf... OH GOD HE'S A WEREWOLF!... Or maybe not, but I have to say that Mashiro's hair reminds me of a wolf's tail.
Anyway, 'twas a great episode despite the alien jokes being a bit too common. Mashiro's cute but I'm more into Kobeni and Benio. Can't wait for next ep.
Jan 16, 2014 7:50 AM

Dec 2009
I enjoyed this more than the first episode. But that might be because I'm warming up to Mashiron (and the brother's voice).
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 16, 2014 7:58 AM

Apr 2012
I love this show so much :3
Jan 16, 2014 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
to all the people who got annoyed by mashiro, since the title of this episode was called "It's Not Bad Having a Loli Sister-in-Law", the focus of this ep is clearly on mashiro. i usually don't read episode titles or view the previews before watching the actual episode cuz i don't want to get spoiled or be able to predict stuff.

as i was watching, i did notice that mashiro was getting a lot of show time here and i was getting angry cuz the other characters weren't getting shown. it's not that i hate mashiro. she's really cute, smart & seeing her scared of benio is great. but kobeni x hakuya are really the main duo here & i would've preferred to get more info on them first on ep2 than watch mashiro's comedy sketch.

well, it's just episode 2. also, i've noticed some stuff. the scenes where no music plays, all the comedy introduced in the first 2 episodes, seeing that the visuals aren't colored too bright, kobeni's past... all that suggests that somethings gonna go down in the later episodes.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 16, 2014 8:07 AM
Jul 2013
scottwired said:
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei has foreshadowing written all over it. Some shit is gonna go down, I just know it.

The title translated as "Engaged to the Unidentified" and the whole second episode focused around Mashiro being scared of UFO's and mysterious creatures. Kobeni has vague memories of silhouettes of fox-looking things living near a temple. Not only that, Kobeni notices that nobody finds Mashiro's presence odd and Benio states that the family has been around for a long, long time.

There is WAY more to this story than meets the eye.

EDIT:
Speculation levels to the max- Haguya is a were-fox that's why he's so tired during the day

I'd prefer it just as a slice of life.
"There is no love greater than when he lays down his life for his friends."..... It seems I am not a good lover.
Jan 16, 2014 8:18 AM
Jul 2013
InoVar said:
Loved the op, especially the beginning where kobeni's oppai was going ^ and down.

But... they bounce wayyyyyy too much. Not that I'm complaining though.
Jan 16, 2014 8:36 AM

May 2012
billybob300c said:

as i was watching, i did notice that mashiro was getting a lot of show time here and i was getting angry cuz the other characters weren't getting shown. it's not that i hate mashiro. she's really cute, smart & seeing her scared of benio is great. but kobeni x hakuya are really the main duo here

lol, I totally wouldn't care if the "main duo" never got more focus than Mashiro and Benio
To me those are the stars o the show. Though Kobeni is definitely great!
I just really enjoy my time with Mashiro and Benio and those around them~
Jan 16, 2014 9:00 AM
Jul 2013
I cringed everytime Hakuya's stick house got destroyed!
Benio is fucking awesome! xD
Jan 16, 2014 9:07 AM

May 2013
I can't get enough of Mashiro. Lol Hakuya trying to make a house, but every time it falls apart because of Mashiro.
Jan 16, 2014 9:19 AM
Oct 2010
I don't dislike Mashiro, but an episode focused on her alone is too much for me.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 16, 2014 9:55 AM
Aug 2011
Flaecy said:

That's because she technically is, she's the whole selling point of this show.
This show doesn't give a crap about the male lead.
People aren't going to buy discs for Hakuya- the silent guy who spent an entire episode failing to build a little wooden house.
They're going to buy discs for the little girl who goes to high school with her over-sized sleeves.
...which is what I expected anyway so it doesn't bother as much.
Her fear of aliens and UMA was cute so I can't even be mad about that.

What's getting irritating is Benio.
Her schtick gets tiresome really quickly, she's the least likeable character in this for me so far.
Jan 16, 2014 10:21 AM

May 2012
Mashiro is so cute. Still loving the Op.
Jan 16, 2014 10:35 AM
Feb 2013
Talk about diverging opinions. We've got "I hate Mashiro, dropping the show," "I love Mashiro, watching because of her," "who cares about Mashiro, it's all about Benio," "Benio is horrifying, get her out of this series," "Kobeni is perfect and the only reason to watch this series," "Kobeni can be ignored, Mashiro and Benio are what this is all about," and more.

BTW, I'm in the group that loves Kobeni. Because she's wonderful.
Jan 16, 2014 10:49 AM
Jul 2013
I also want a loli like her because she's funny, makes me laugh and is so moe.

Isda truth:
http://i40.tinypic.com/331g9yd.jpg
Jan 16, 2014 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, but I don't think Hakuya said a word to Kobeni.
The ED is moe.
Jan 16, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2013
vonPeterhof said:
Although I do hope that all the alien talk doesn't turn out to be a plot point. Heck, I don't think I even wanna see it as a running joke. Judging by the show's title and OP though, it seems like it's here to stay.

I couldn't agree more.
ona said:
I'm sorry, I just can't take the loli's voice. It's terrible.

Dropped. Unless I get access to a less annoying dub, maybe?

Um... I doubt there are any "dubs" out there (that takes much more time, money, and luck)... you mean a better set of seiyuu right? This is the official cast (albeit a fairly underwhelming group) so you're stuck with it. Or rather, I guess this is where you will say farewell.

Azalonozul said:

I will say that the wooden house was amusing; however, I'm not sold on most of the comedy so far. I.e. I was hardly amused with the UFO jokes. Overall the show is slightly amusing but I'd rather they go with a better blend between serious and comedic aspects.
Jan 16, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
hoping to see some HakuyaXKobeni scene in the near future.
Jan 16, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
I just love the OP so much and the ED was pretty fun too :D

Mashiro was kawaii this ep <3...I totally get Benio's feelings of teasing her XD

And I totally agree with her about Kobeni having a nice birthing figure XD Her body is perfect *A*

Poor Hakuya with his house lol.

Well not as good as ep one for me but still not bad :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

241 by Pinata_ »»
Apr 28, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

114 by Forum »»
Mar 11, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

124 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 20, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

129 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

162 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.