Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2013 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God Mako ;.;

Great action. Oh snap: http://i.imgur.com/BkmVpj7.png
Wtf with the Karuta though lol, Chihayafuru

I was cringing my teeth this episode. SENKETSU nooooooo. Damn, I was scared there for a sec
Stark700Oct 31, 2013 10:29 AM
Oct 31, 2013 10:33 AM

Mar 2012
Good as always,

That bromance

That orchestra scene

Subs can't come fast enough.
Oct 31, 2013 10:34 AM

Jul 2010
Mako's so silly every episode.
Oct 31, 2013 10:38 AM

Jan 2011
Dem variations of "Don't lose your way"

Dat Sensei and assassin bromance

Dat Nonon orchestrating the fight BGM

Dat Mako being Mako

Dat Senketsu defending Ryuuko

Next episode looks promising as well.
[center]
Oct 31, 2013 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
The new character rules! 5/5
Oct 31, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information.
One: The action in this episode was freaking great.
Two: Tsumugu Kinagase is a complete bad ass.
Oct 31, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
Mako saving the day once again

Wonder how this new character is going to play into future eps. At least I THINK he'll come back
Oct 31, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
oh shit, this episode didnt bore the hell out of me like ep 3 and 4, i still think this anime's style wears thin quickly but this episode managed to make me laugh which ep 3 and 4 had not, the new guy is pretty awesome and i hope he comes back

very high 3/5 or low 4/5

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 31, 2013 12:37 PM
Oct 2007
HybridMBL said:
Mako saving the day once again

Wonder how this new character is going to play into future eps. At least I THINK he'll come back

He is in the OP...
Oct 31, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2013
Nice timing for Mako to save her, since she also came in to clean the restroom as punishment lol. Looks like Senketsu and Ryuko are bonding even more.
Oct 31, 2013 12:43 PM

Mar 2013
Oct 31, 2013 12:47 PM

Feb 2012
If the soundtrack for Kill la Kill can come out today so I don't have to wait any longer to hear the full version of don't lose your way that would be greaaaaaat
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 31, 2013 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
Mills said:
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information.
One: The action in this episode was freaking great.
Two: Tsumugu Kinagase is a complete bad ass.

Agreed.

Very interesting how Jakuzure (pink haired loli) is purposely not trying to beat Ryuko outright. Like I suspected, Satsuki definitely wants to rematch her. The plot thickens.

Also Nudist Beach. What a great name.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 31, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Tsumugu is a pretty good character. Liking him.

His conversation with Sensei was lol...Seems there's an organization against Life Fibre and it's called Beach Nudist XDXDXD

Lol'd at the dad saying "Oh well I'll sell one of Mataro's organs" XDXDXD

Poor Ryuuko everyone thinks she's crazy XD

I thought we'll finally see 3 stars in action but too bad we still haven't yet.

Lol at the Karuta Team XD

Loved the slow motion with the classic music XDXD

And as usual Mako's convincing the enemy is so lol hahaha.

Nice blue stripes Ryuuko ^^

Senketsu was BA! Saving her like that and lol at "U need to lose 2 cm" XDXD

Well not bad. Let's see nxt.
Oct 31, 2013 1:20 PM

May 2013
Tsumugu is a real badass!!
Ryuuko bonds friendship with Senketsu!
Mako being hilarious as always!
Nonsense fanservice delivered to us for our viewing pleasure!

Guys this has been another episode of Kill la Kill
Oct 31, 2013 1:31 PM

Sep 2013
Nudists...

Mako saves the day :P

I was waiting the whole episode for some to hit him while he was saying his 2 pieces of information, to bad it didn't come.

A meh ep
Oct 31, 2013 1:34 PM
Oct 2010
Good ep, but I think the whole "blow your load" at the start is coming back to haunt them with these less bombastic episodes.
Oct 31, 2013 1:40 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Back to form in this ep. after the slightly disappointing 4th episode. I though the orchestra scene was absolutely top notch.

I cannot think of any other anime that would quote Charlton friggin' Heston (and in his role as head of the NRA no less!), " from my cold dead hand!"
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 31, 2013 1:40 PM
Sep 2011
Tsk, tsk, Ryuuko, you out of all people should know better than calling your assaultor a pervert, still falling back to the same thought pattern of prudery, suspecting sexual connotations whenever it comes to (the unwrapping of) your body, even after getting lectured by Satsuki about the proper way to wear one's clothes, which is to wear it with pride and to act accordingly ;)

▶ Once again Kill La Kill proves its absolute superiority with its latest episode.
This show simply bursts with creativity while still retaining its old-school feeling by paying homage to 70' and 80' anime. Lots of interestingly framed shots and this show's style of colouring never ceases to impress me by creating great contrasts and thus accentuating each scene to its fullest.
Everything just oozes style but despite its sheer amount of seeming absurdity quite some substance can be found beneath the flashy visuals.
And lots of plot progression this time, too, for those who set a high value on that...

▶ A third party gets introduced: Tsumugu Kinagase, a member of the Anti-Uniform Guerilla, an organization which doesn't only oppose Honnouji Academy but also (as their name implies) uniforms, especially those which carry dangerous potential such as the Kamui.
Additionally homeroom teacher Aikurou Mikisugi reveals himself as part of the "Nudist Beach" group, whatever its name may entail though seeing his tendencies to peel off his clothes at certain times it seems quite fitting. Remember the aneasthesia syringes he used to disable Ryuuko in episode 2?
Looks like people against clothing in this show often tend to carry around sharp and paralyzing utensils. Oh, the irony of using sewing needles as a weapon against those who rely on clothes as their resource of power.

▶ Anyway, more importantly, KLK has hammered home just how clothing represents THE most important motif of this show everything, really everything revolves around. Ryuuko herself undergoes a significant change in this episode. At the beginning only a piece of clothing as she says herself before her fight with Tsumugu, a measure to achieve her goals, Senketsu turns into someone she considers a dear friend, actually the only "person" beside Mako who supports her on a personal level.

▶ Because really, Ryuuko is awefully lonely when you look closely: An orphant who lost her parents at a young age transfers to this to her foreign city where she doesn't know anyone. She gets bullied at school everyday by the student council and various clubs and constantly gets harrassed by members of the opposite sex. Her only friend is a weirdo who also becomes a target of mentioned ones' bullying just by associating with her. From this point of view Mako's talk about Ryuuko's loneliness and supposed delusions and her escaping into a fantasy world by treating her school uniform(!) as an imaginary friend takes on a completely different meaning. Appropriately we get to see Ryuuko in her most vulnerable state up to this point when she gets bereaved of her uniform, an unsually grim moment in this otherwise high-energy and light-hearted show. Not to mention this episode contained two scenes of Ryuuko losing Mako and Senketsu respectively showing how accustomed/dependent she has become to them.

▶ Clothes make the man. Clothes grant power. Power leads to corruption. Using Honnouj Academy as an example it isn't difficult to see where Tsumugu's animosity against uniforms stems from. The fascistic nature of its school directly thrives on military uniform-based sailor fuku and gakuran (hello, social commentary on Japanese educational facilities). The youth that gets brought up this way is entirely focused on achievements and performance, lacking social kindness and accepting social inequality as a given, even going so far as to sabotage those who yearn to escape poverty as depicted the previous week.

▶ "People and Clothing ARE enemies" is what Tsugumu believes in. In this context he perceives Life Fibers the Kamui are made of as parasites, demonic creatures which lull their wearers into a false sense of security only to take advantage of them eventually. On a meta-level, however, it could point to how different clothes divide people into different status and causes social distinctions directly rather than being a mere symptom thereof which couldn't be more true when applied to the world KLK is set in. That would explain the existence of the "Nudist" organization as it rejects clothing as the fundamental basis of their ideology in order to reset the disrupture caused by the concept of clothing. Perhaps it's a bit far-fetched but I wouldn't put it past the producers to have thought of that.

EudaimoniaOct 31, 2013 4:26 PM
Oct 31, 2013 1:44 PM

Apr 2012
Again an incredible episode.
5/5
Kill la kill is turning into a proper masterpiece
Oct 31, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2013
The whole clothes vs. people thing is absolutely ridiculous but still makes sense in the world of Kill la Kill. Can't believe their group is Nudist Beach. Such a great name.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Oct 31, 2013 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
the first thing cam to my mind he's Ryuuku's brother.. but it wasn't the case :p
he's badass.. its funny how he set the traps everywhere xD
5/5
Oct 31, 2013 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
I'll tell you two interesting things
One: I loved the episode
Two: I can not wait to see the next chapter

Oct 31, 2013 2:42 PM
Dec 2012
Gorgeous episode. There was an important revelation this time. That is the anti-uniform guerrilla called Nudist Beach. Looked like Tsumugu was involved in R&D for kamui before. He was wearing a white coat in the flashback scene. Just wonder who he was referring to when he talked about a woman. Maybe was it Kinue? Also is Kinue his mother? Or Satsuki's mother? Some questions were left. Intriguing was Jakuzure mentioned Satsuki's future plan. Sounded like Satsuki was prepared for fight against non-students to take over the nation in the future. Tsumugu was an interesting guy: he refused to be called a perv, yet he boasted being a nudist. lol Speaking of which, that teacher Mikisugi stripped to the waist to show off his half naked body in previous episode. Now it's obvious the aim of Nudist Beach is destroy the fascist uniform thingy so that they act like partisans.

Execution was brilliant as always. The battle scene of the gardening club reminded me of Little Shop of Horrors. Also I liked the effective use of Tritsch-Tratsch-Polka of J. Strauss during the attack. Interaction between Ryuuko and Senketsu was hilarious and entertaining.
Oct 31, 2013 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
Damn, this was pretty epic.

And 'Nudist Beach' - I just love this Anime's universe.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 31, 2013 3:35 PM

Oct 2012
A few episodes back I wasn't sure if the homeroom teacher was strong enough to back up his intention of disturbing the fight with Ryoko and the president. But after seeing this episode it's likely he would have been fine, there are strong people out there who don't use the uniforms.
Oct 31, 2013 3:39 PM

Nov 2010
Production quality was high this time with very nice backgrounds and action
That plant watering was Super Mario like

Nakes Nudists? Sounds double xD
Oct 31, 2013 4:03 PM

Apr 2013
GJ
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 31, 2013 4:09 PM

Jun 2013
I always look forward to a hyperactive Mako monologue every new episode. New character is of course a badass, but he also has a red streak in his hair like Ryoko. Possible relative? Also, hurray for bandleader loli! Although she couldn't do much about nudist nailgun Tsumugu and Ryoko I liked how she co-ordinated the attack by conducting.
JivingLotusOct 31, 2013 4:13 PM
Oct 31, 2013 4:14 PM

Dec 2012
Just two things:

"Kittan" appeared :D

Mako rules!

Ah! Do you remember Hiroshi and Josephine and co from YNSH? ... Senketsu no michi?!

Want this guy's armament, lel.
Oct 31, 2013 4:15 PM

Jul 2010
Futatsu ii koto oshiete yarou!
1.Mako explaining things is hilarious as always.
2.I can't get enough of ED.
Oct 31, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2011
Senketsu know everything about Ruyuko , I wonder if he becomes stronger when Ruyuko is on her Period

New character is badass and gave some plot development
this is getting interesting
this makes up for the horrible last week's
Oct 31, 2013 4:53 PM
Aug 2013
Good episode I like how senketsu threatening him made him realize that they care for each other .
Oct 31, 2013 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
A pretty good development episode.
Oct 31, 2013 5:02 PM

Apr 2011
skudoops said:
Good ep, but I think the whole "blow your load" at the start is coming back to haunt them with these less bombastic episodes.

Trigger pretty much said this is what the series as a whole will be by epd 24, 25, 26, 27. The story is just beginning were only on epd 5. This epd was not as (Bombastic) but it was a good epd. Decent action, Some story hints were dropped, new cool character, Ryuuko bonds friendship with Senketsu.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 31, 2013 5:10 PM

Oct 2011
Part with BGM was actually great, rest of the show was mediocre as always and Mako should die thousand times for each of "explanation scenes" she is making.

At least there is some plot, so maybe it will get better.
Oct 31, 2013 5:17 PM

Feb 2012
Lol that Rambo looking like dude, hunting down people with Goku uniforms.

Mako 4 best character.
Oct 31, 2013 5:29 PM

Dec 2010
Great ep, probably my favorite of the series so far.. a lot of back story "hinting" going on during the episode and amazing action per usual.
Oct 31, 2013 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
That was another great episode.
But, It was just me(my sound system) or the SFX sounded somewhat weird to me. Mainly the gun sounds. Maybe I'm just too used military focused stuff.
Oct 31, 2013 5:33 PM

Jan 2009
let me tell you 2 things: good episode
Oct 31, 2013 5:49 PM

Apr 2013
Wow Senketsu ♥. Good episode.
Oct 31, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
Basically a set up episode for the new character Tsumugu Kinagase and showing his motivation to take off Ryuko's Senketsu uniform. Pretty cool character imo.

Damn, all the clubs are chasing after him, but defeated by his weapon. Just like the strong bond between Ryuko and Senketsu at the ending scene :D.

Oct 31, 2013 6:14 PM

Dec 2009
I REALLY liked this episode as opposed to all the others (well, ep 4 was fun too).
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 31, 2013 6:22 PM

Dec 2011
Average episode. Was better than last weeks imo

Oct 31, 2013 6:27 PM

Jun 2012
Next weeks episode looks good.
Oct 31, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Wasn't spectacular but at least it's back on track. Much much better than episode 4
Oct 31, 2013 6:53 PM

Apr 2013
another brilliant episode.
Oct 31, 2013 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
I really hope we get more information on the anti kamui nudists next episode!
Oct 31, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
So much lulz every time Mako appears and uses her sign language speak.
Oct 31, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2013
I loved it
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

264 by Tamasul »»
Jun 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

300 by Tamasul »»
May 31, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

879 by bubba460z »»
May 31, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

337 by Kamirura »»
May 29, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

189 by Tamasul »»
May 27, 1:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.