Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2012 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hakaze looks cute in a ponytail :p

The object that she found looks like a missile of sorts imo. Well, overall this episode was good especially when Hakaze shows up! Finally! Like a boss. I also lol'd @ what Yoshiro was staring. Shit went down this episode. Wow, Yoshiro and Mashiro :o

They better be okay next time.
Dec 20, 2012 9:59 AM
Mar 2012
MBS going to be air next episode on 10th January. I guess Crunchyroll going to simulcast it on same date as well.

Another channel, TBS, supposedly going to air next episode on 4th January.
Even though this is true, the subbed version probably won't out until the airing on MBS or Crunchyroll.

Edit:
Crunchyroll countdown for episode 13 at the moment is still slated next week.
Most likely it is going to be changed unless Crunchyroll actually allowed to simulcast it before it even aired in any TV channels in Japan.
melina_putriDec 20, 2012 12:14 PM
Dec 20, 2012 11:17 AM

Dec 2012
Raw out, but I always prefer to wait for Subs.
Dec 20, 2012 12:16 PM

Jan 2011
\o/ naked Hakaze-chan, that was hawt!

Dec 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Jun 2009
Saw it and That tree is fucked up it needs to die!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 20, 2012 1:05 PM

Jun 2012
i know they are going to be alright but it was kinda sad how yoshino and mashiro were killed off after they helped hakaze.

but sammon dudes face while all that was happening was really funny i though he would be the calm never let anything get to him type of guy but, boy was i wrong
Dec 20, 2012 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
good episode, and true, alphastigma117... i agree with your whole post
Dec 20, 2012 1:14 PM
Nov 2012
I swear Aika has to be behind all of this, that b*tch's dead has ruined the lives of so many people.
Dec 20, 2012 1:27 PM

Jan 2012
I call for blood :D Pretty shocking ep after all the Umineko-esque melodrama/detective work. Can't wait for next week.
Dec 20, 2012 1:36 PM

Jul 2012
O_O
Dat plot

Next week looks like its going to be an interesting dream sequence with more about the characters and their past revealed.
It's possible they might do a time skip, but that would feel a bit weird straight after this episode.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 20, 2012 1:36 PM

Nov 2012
Love this series. Both the manga and anime are awesome. I just wish to get more updates for the manga. The anime is almost catching up to were the manga is on mangahere.
Dec 20, 2012 1:42 PM

Jan 2012
Zetsuen nT in a nutshell
Tree vs Tree.
Dec 20, 2012 1:47 PM
Sep 2012
I can't believed got got. Out of nowhere the two main characters are killed lol, I didnt see that coming
Dec 20, 2012 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
Next arc will begins next week!!

Mahiro and Yoshino will obviously be alive they can't just kill off main characters.
What you can see at the preview you know they are alive and live in kind of peace world becuase Samon told Mahiro to kill Yoshino.
Why he said that?
You can take up the manga or wait for the next week.
The manga is great as well.

Hakaze-chan is hot doesn't surprise me at all. xD

Samon does looks like a calm person but I always thinking like that until I start reading the manga.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 20, 2012 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
Given Yoshino is in deep shit at the moment but Hakaze seemed pretty fond of him for that short time he had a heart beat ,and they where both in the same time.
Dec 20, 2012 1:49 PM

Jan 2012
In the end tree showed everyone who is the boss lol.

Dec 20, 2012 1:54 PM
Dec 2012
Holy shit this show is magnificent. I have absolutely no idea how this series is going to end and how it is going to accomplish that.

I'm sure Aika has gotta be around there somewhere. I call her as the final boss lol.
Dec 20, 2012 2:00 PM

Aug 2011
I just can't with this show. It's so awesome that I have no words.

The fact that the last four episodes of the first arc consisted of them standing on the same spot, literally, and simultaneously managing to entertain the audience to a high degree is amazing.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Mahiro would never kill Yoshino. They have too much of a close bond for that to ever happen.
Dec 20, 2012 2:02 PM
Nov 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:

The fact that the last four episodes of the first arc consisted of them standing on the same spot, literally, and simultaneously managing to entertain the audience to a high degree is amazing.

Mahiro would never kill Yoshino. They have too much of a close bond for that to ever happen.

Ohhh I wouldn't be so sure, Mashiro seems like an immature kid with a little too much power on his hands. He WILL kill Yoshino if that brings back Aika, somehow.
Dec 20, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
GatekeeperLamb said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

Ohhh I wouldn't be so sure, Mashiro seems like an immature kid with a little too much power on his hands. He WILL kill Yoshino if that brings back Aika, somehow.

He might, but they have already explain that they cannot bring back the dead, so it doesn't seen posible.
Dec 20, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
Why do I get the feeling that Aika was behind everything? hmm, maybe it was that last monologue. That ending made it feel like hakaze and the others are all just fighting within the hands of Aika and the tree of genesis. Man this episode and this series is amazing
Dec 20, 2012 2:18 PM

Jan 2012
Seriously one of best episodes I've seen this year. The ending was just....
I can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 20, 2012 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
Watching it after the manga was a good idea, after all. It's much easier to understand~ And Yoshino and Mahiro getting attacked wasn't such a shock this time, either... |D
Dec 20, 2012 2:21 PM

May 2010
i am AMAZED how they managed to turn this into such a boring and mindnumbing anime.
very forgettable and generic shounen.like there are hundreds out there.
2/5

...i hope they all die..
KerozinnDec 20, 2012 2:24 PM
Dec 20, 2012 2:23 PM
Oct 2010
Does anybody know how many episodes this anime is going to have?
According to some japanese sites it's going to be 2 cour, but can anyone confirm?
Dec 20, 2012 2:26 PM
Nov 2012
^ I've already said it many times in this forum: Zetsuen no Tempest is 2 cour!
Dec 20, 2012 2:30 PM

Mar 2009
ownosourus said:

LOL I agree
Just when they were celebrating their little victory, and yoshino trying not to stare, the tree says "HA you think you're all that!?" then slices and stabs the pair of them. But how do they know it was tree of gen and not tree of exo because the tree of gen is helping to heal them when that energy could have been used to stop the tree of exo?
Cat Love

Dec 20, 2012 2:34 PM
Nov 2012
uniquelyme91 said:
ownosourus said:

LOL I agree
Just when they were celebrating their little victory, and yoshino trying not to stare, the tree says "HA you think you're all that!?" then slices and stabs the pair of them. But how do they know it was tree of gen and not tree of exo because the tree of gen is helping to heal them when that energy could have been used to stop the tree of exo?

Because of the wood and the way it moved, the tree of Genesis has darker wood than the tree of Zetsuen and the tree of Zetsuen uses those red things to attack.
Dec 20, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't expect that :) but still too much talking.
Dec 20, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Omg, this anime just aired at the best time1 Tmr is also the famous end of the world!

Ahhh how can I not love this amazing series?
Dec 20, 2012 2:44 PM

Jul 2009
um wut is this fcken awesomeness
Dec 20, 2012 2:52 PM

Jul 2010
WHAT THE.I spilled my juice after seeing Yoshino all in blood in air...and then Mahiro.Just what the fk is happening.Epicness!.Oh, and of course that Hakaze.Looks like she kinda likes Yoshino :D

Kerozinn said:

Are you serious? personally i don't think i will be ever able to forget this show even if i want.Tastes i guess...
Dec 20, 2012 2:56 PM

Apr 2010
Awesome ep
Found it funny how the world is in chaos because of two trees xD
Dec 20, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2010
It's always weird seeing main characters getting fatally wounded no matter what anime it is.
Dec 20, 2012 3:24 PM

Jan 2009
so the end of the world (12-21-12) is about Tree of Genesis vs Tree of Exodus lol
Dec 20, 2012 3:33 PM

Dec 2012
I knew someone was going to suddenly get attacked or die, but I wasn't sure who. I was hoping for some irony with the Tree of Exodus killing Hakaze as soon as she "resurrected" ;P
Dec 20, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Tree vs Tree, s*it just got real. :O
Dec 20, 2012 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
God damn that tree is a dick, never thought id say something like that over a tree

Anyhow fantastic episode, hooray for hakaze coming back, looking forword to seeing her interactions with mahiro and yoshino, also how she was reacting to meeting yoshino i kind of see what soemone said last thread about her falling love with yoshino, Though i still suspect he just read ahead and is pretending to guess what happens next

Oh man the next ep looks great, seems samon is realizing that with yoshino alive he will always be beaten so hes trying to coerce mahiro into killing him killing 2 birds with one stone(killing yoshino would mean mahiro loses his powers) though hes probably not thinking things through if hakaze can still kick his ass even without yoshino and mahiro, hooray for having a heroin that can pull her weight

ill sum it up with, i love this show so far and look so foreword to whats to come especially seeing how well they managed to pull off the past month or so of episodes without having to go anywhere, now that things will move it may be significantly more interesting

Kerozinn said:
i am AMAZED how they managed to turn this into such a boring and mindnumbing anime.
2/5

...i hope they all die..
the start is just tastes and i cant argue with you due to subjectivity and all but how the fuck is this generic in the least, thats just outright wrong, generic shounen is like DBZ and naruto where they spend the show powering up getting stronger and going from fight to fight, that is nto happening in this show nor is there really any action, which is NOT a bad thing
JizzyHitlerDec 20, 2012 3:47 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 20, 2012 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
jose21 said:
GatekeeperLamb said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

He might, but they have already explain that they cannot bring back the dead, so it doesn't seen posible.
but if samon happened to fake some proof of yoshino killing aika or having something tying him to aika's death or something i dont think its to far fetched for mahiro to get bat shit on yoshino

I'm thinking this due to the image from the preview of mahiro's eyes looking pretty pissed off
http://i.imgur.com/LLpWm.png
Something is going to be revealed to him next ep that wotn leave him in the best mood, i can tell........GOD DAMN IT, why do we have to wait 2 more weeks for a new episode, just bah humbug

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 20, 2012 4:03 PM

Nov 2007
Missile is the key? She's really back, leaving broken bones at the island. It seems like the tree is getting weak or getting some kind of change because of her return.

Next ep. on January 10, 2013 (not until after new year). No ED and the two are getting severely hurt...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2012 4:06 PM
Sep 2012
Things really took off in this episode. The two trees started battling each other and Hakaze finally traveled to the future. I LOL'd at Hakaze not even phased by the fact that she just traveled into the future and was butt naked for everyone to see. Even when Yoshino pointed out that she was naked, she didn't even care. Didn't expect that both Yoshino and Mahiro would die, but I knew that they wouldn't stay dead for long.

Can't wait for the next episode. Did I hear Yuki Kaji in that preview?
tsubasalover said:
Next ep. on January 10, 2013 (not until after new year). No ED and the two are getting severely hurt...
What?! NOOOOO!!!!!

Thanks for telling us this tsubasalover.
Dec 20, 2012 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
this show is absolutely fucking amazing. Great way to end the first arc and get everyone amped up for the next. Hakaze Ftw. Yoshino Ftw. This is by far the best show of the season if not the year. Can somebody PLEASE tell me what the 1st blu ray volumes figures look like cause if this show doesnt sell well i have no hope for the anime industry.
Dec 20, 2012 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
Holy shit this week's episodes have all been awesome. Psycho Pass, even K, and now Blast of Tempest.

I find it appropriate how in the episode Mahiro, Yoshino, and Hakaze came to the conclusion that they couldn't trust the Tree of Genesis also to find Aika's killer only for it to kill Yoshino and Mahiro. From the preview it seems they were healed successfully. I'm utterly convinced now that Aika is the mage of Exodus with that ending but what I don't get is why would she kill herself? Either that or the Tree of Exodus killed Aika but even then that is still confusing....

Wow 3 weeks until the second half of the show? Good cliffhanger into the New Year
Dec 20, 2012 4:13 PM
Dec 2012
So, it seems they were right about the Tree of Genesis. It works to serve its purposes only. It cares little about civilization or people, even killing the two men it used as pawns to bring back its princess.

Now I'm conflicted.

On one hand, you can't side with either trees. The Tree of Exodus is the source of a violent power and threatened to erase humanity. However, it seems that the Tree of Genesis can also erase humanity.

Then, on the other hand, you're forced to side with the Tree of Genesis, since it goes by the logic of the world and its power is only used to heal.

Things are getting quite intense psychologically.
Dec 20, 2012 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
Holy shit this week's episodes have all been awesome. Psycho Pass, even K, and now Blast of Tempest.

I find it appropriate how in the episode Mahiro, Yoshino, and Hakaze came to the conclusion that they couldn't trust the Tree of Genesis also to find Aika's killer only for it to kill Yoshino and Mahiro. From the preview it seems they were healed successfully. I'm utterly convinced now that Aika is the mage of Exodus with that ending but what I don't get is why would she kill herself? Either that or the Tree of Exodus killed Aika but even then that is still confusing....

Wow 3 weeks until the second half of the show? Good cliffhanger into the New Year
well unless you think they are making a new op, and ed, plus releasing character art for character appearing in what they outright say is "the second half" of the show only to end it in 1 episodes then its confirmed to eb more than 1 cour
Jakemonogatari said:
PLEASE tell me what the 1st blu ray volumes figures look like cause if this show doesnt sell well i have no hope for the anime industry.
do not quote me on this but the sales are pretty poor or mediocre, i could have sworn i heard that from a few people here, i do know its not a huge success at least.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 20, 2012 4:17 PM

Sep 2011
When is the next one coming out? cus apperently they're not airing it next week. Also we could have more better shots of Hakaze when she arrived nude. I wonder if the next one will be a flash back or a dream that the tree of genesis shows them.

TashfinzDec 21, 2012 12:16 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2012 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
Oh dam, that ending was completely un expected.
Dec 20, 2012 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
Woah that was a surprising ending. Hakaze is back, though now Mashiro and Yoshino are badly hurt.
Dat Tree battle.
Dec 20, 2012 4:27 PM

Feb 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:

Now that you mention it... I havent even realised theyve been in the same spot for all these episodes, proves how good the show is atm!

Im very glad I picked this series back up after not bothering for like 2 months, I watched like 9 episodes today and they all kept me interested at all times. Kinda surprised its only rated 7/10 when other 2012 fall shit is mostly 8+ i dont know, all in all, I like the show and love the soundtrack it goes amazingly well with everything that happens and even accentuates the events and makes them 10x better.

As for this episode it was really good too in my opinion, Im even more excited for the next one, its a shame we have to wait, and right after Ive caught up with the show after so long!
Dec 20, 2012 4:30 PM

Nov 2008
Jakemonogatari said:
this show is absolutely fucking amazing. Great way to end the first arc and get everyone amped up for the next. Hakaze Ftw. Yoshino Ftw. This is by far the best show of the season if not the year. Can somebody PLEASE tell me what the 1st blu ray volumes figures look like cause if this show doesnt sell well i have no hope for the anime industry.

The first video release comes on the 23rd of January (Blu-ray and DVD). So there are no sales yet.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» this anime is the epitome of what a "good" adaptation is

Neostorm_Y - Sep 12

11 by Neostorm_Y »»
Sep 18, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 4, 2012

302 by the-yellow_flash »»
Jul 12, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

279 by argy97 »»
Jun 9, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

147 by argy97 »»
Jun 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

230 by argy97 »»
Jun 8, 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.