Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 9, 2012 8:35 PM
Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First!!! Cant wait to see the straw hats in action!
Jun 9, 2012 8:42 PM

Feb 2012
2nd!!! Spoilers pls... :D

Haven't watched it...
Jun 9, 2012 9:28 PM

Apr 2007
Wasn't a single straw hat in this entire episode... Still good though.
Jun 9, 2012 9:46 PM

Apr 2012
So, the episode was alright I suppose, but did I miss something? cause the second half of the episode was ruined by me because I kept thinking "WTF happened to Luffy?!?!" Waited sooooo long to finally see Luffy in action, and they skip it. Not impressed.
Jun 9, 2012 10:16 PM

Oct 2011
It's One Piece,I love it nonetheless.
Anime watchers can speculate about what happen & us manga readers can enjoy how they played out the story.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jun 9, 2012 10:19 PM

May 2011
Damn, can't wait for more action next week!
Jun 10, 2012 12:40 AM

Apr 2009
finally some fights will start
Jun 10, 2012 1:37 AM

Mar 2008
They really are just adapting one chapter per episode these days. I guess that can't be helped since it's been dangerously close to the manga for a while.
Jun 10, 2012 5:13 AM

Feb 2011
Neogima said:
So, the episode was alright I suppose, but did I miss something? cause the second half of the episode was ruined by me because I kept thinking "WTF happened to Luffy?!?!" Waited sooooo long to finally see Luffy in action, and they skip it. Not impressed.

There's a reason for this Just sit down and watch and quit whining. Finally, the good parts are about to begin :D
Jun 10, 2012 5:16 AM
Aug 2011
Juggernaut6 said:
They really are just adapting one chapter per episode these days. I guess that can't be helped since it's been dangerously close to the manga for a while.

Close? That's not the correct word to use.
Also, 1 chapter = 1 episode prevents nonsense fillers.
Jun 10, 2012 5:44 AM

May 2008
IBFCQOIWBQOIUGFOIUDIQYGWD awesome. need more one piece GOD DAMMIT

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 10, 2012 6:07 AM
Feb 2012
There is only one thing i want to know in this episode and that is... Who is the new guy that picks up a coat in the Advert break scene? Normally Luffy picks his hat up but it wasn't this time :3

Loved how they played this episode out keeping all the secrets for later xD lol But Hordy's water shot was cool
Jun 10, 2012 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
robert6610 said:
There is only one thing i want to know in this episode and that is... Who is the new guy that picks up a coat in the Advert break scene? Normally Luffy picks his hat up but it wasn't this time :3

Loved how they played this episode out keeping all the secrets for later xD lol But Hordy's water shot was cool

It was sanji....and yeah I agree that the water shot was epic.
Jun 10, 2012 8:55 AM

Jun 2010
Neogima said:

Don't worry hahaha
Jun 10, 2012 9:01 AM

Apr 2012
Ouch, after watching how easily the princes got curb stomped I wonder if Jimbei is just going to get the shit kicked out of him as well. I can understand why he wanted to go on his own but right now he needs all the muscle he can get to fight Hordy and his crew.

Plus it looks like Vander Decken is just going to start fucking shit up randomly by trying to destroy the island since he can't kill Shirahoshi directly. Things are going to get crazy.
Jun 10, 2012 9:08 AM

Dec 2011
Hopefully, the Straw Hats would appear in the next episode to kick some Fishman ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2012 9:35 AM

Mar 2012
I was thinking what happened to luffy and his crew but then I remember this is motherf*cking one piece so it's definetly not a plot home or anything, they're just saving the explanation for later.
Jun 10, 2012 9:53 AM

Feb 2011
Varieso said:
I was thinking what happened to luffy and his crew but then I remember this is motherf*cking one piece so it's definetly not a plot home or anything, they're just saving the explanation for later.

:/ Not to be a spoiler but yea, of course this is exactly what they're doing.

Marius2005 said:
Ouch, after watching how easily the princes got curb stomped I wonder if Jimbei is just going to get the shit kicked out of him as well. I can understand why he wanted to go on his own but right now he needs all the muscle he can get to fight Hordy and his crew..

You're portraying Jimbei as a weakling. Jimbei is far stronger then those fishermen and his strength isn't comparable to Hordy. This is Jimbei for god sakes, he stood up to the time skip Luffy and it appeared as if their strength was on par.
Jun 10, 2012 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
That was a great episode, the story and drama was good enough it could've just been the Princes vs the New Fish Man Pirates and it would've been awesome just with them. So I can't wait to see the next episodes when Jimbei and the Straw Hats get thrown into the mix.
Jun 10, 2012 1:19 PM
May 2012
I can't damn wait to the Straw Hats in action
I wanna see how they've improved in the 2 years that passed
Jun 10, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2008
all imma say is don't blink when the straw hats fight hordy crew lmao you'll miss it..
Jun 10, 2012 3:17 PM
Oct 2011
LOL, were there any animations at all? I felt like I was reading the manga just in colours... and with some voices in the background. I think I'll just wait a few weeks before I watch the next episode.
To be honest, I'd rather have fillers with the pace they're going.
Jun 10, 2012 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Juggernaut6 said:

Sure, but it also ruins the enjoyment of canon stuff when the pacing is so bad and slow. Which is much much worse than a filler arc or two imo.
Jun 10, 2012 9:29 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode. All the royalty is down, except for the princess now.
Jun 11, 2012 11:17 AM

Dec 2011
That bad ass water shot was alittle overwhelming and tid bit powerful...

PS: I was hoping they wold've put a sign that says: "No Mermaids have been hurt in this episode" ...
uhh...
Jun 12, 2012 12:14 AM

Nov 2007
If they really are close to the manga, then I would say a filler at the end of this arc (if they can make it that far) wouldn't be a bad thing. I always enjoy the Boss Luffy stuff, for example, hehe. But this slow pace is agonizing and a little bit boring. ^^;

That said, I really want to see the skills of the crew in action. :3 We've been teased so far, but I can't wait to see them really tear loose.
Jun 12, 2012 12:00 PM

Oct 2011
rimedragona said:
If they really are close to the manga, then I would say a filler at the end of this arc (if they can make it that far) wouldn't be a bad thing. I always enjoy the Boss Luffy stuff, for example, hehe. But this slow pace is agonizing and a little bit boring. ^^;

That said, I really want to see the skills of the crew in action. :3 We've been teased so far, but I can't wait to see them really tear loose.

I'm sorry,but to you & all the people asking for a filler arc after this:You be taking your words back when the next arc start.
I understand for anime watchers this is annoying,but you guys got to understand.We are currently in the slow points of (what is consider among most fans) one of the LEAST favorite One Piece arcs.
But don't worry,once the fight starts in 2 weeks.The pace picks up.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jun 15, 2012 6:01 PM

Feb 2009
Ooohhh One Piece what have become of you! This arc is dragging like I have never seen before and the worst part of it is that there's more screen time for one-arc characters only than the actual strawhats... The other arc that did this was almost a world war with very important characters, it had an excuse.
Jun 18, 2012 6:30 AM

Jul 2009
Lack of strawhats displeases me.
Jun 19, 2012 12:19 AM

Nov 2007
Jeddy017 said:
rimedragona said:

I'm sorry,but to you & all the people asking for a filler arc after this:You be taking your words back when the next arc start.
I understand for anime watchers this is annoying,but you guys got to understand.We are currently in the slow points of (what is consider among most fans) one of the LEAST favorite One Piece arcs.
But don't worry,once the fight starts in 2 weeks.The pace picks up.

I'm not worried about the pacing in this arc. I'm not even worried about whether this is a good arc or not. And I'm certainly not concerned if the next arc is good or not. I always enjoy One Piece, even if it does get a bit slow when they're trying to build up tension. *nod*

What I'm concerned about is people saying it's getting close to the manga, and that that may be why it's getting stretched out. The last thing I want is for it to catch up to the manga. Better to have a filler at the end of an arc and earn some more breathing room, than have it catch up to the manga in the middle of an arc. Then you have what happened to Bleach, where they decided to do fillers in middle of an arc, which totally ruined the momentum they had going. I don't want to see that happen to One Piece.

So, in conclusion. If it did happen that filler became necessary, I would rather it happen between arcs than in the middle of an arc. That's all I'm saying. It's not even that great of a concern, honestly, since One Piece has been going on for this long without any large issues. :3
Jun 21, 2012 7:40 AM

Jun 2008
Man, that PREVIEW!

I knew it!
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Jun 21, 2012 12:02 PM

Mar 2008
>.> What is happening with this anime, it's getting boring as hell... So slow. Manga was slow too, but anime is even more slow paced...
Jun 21, 2012 2:19 PM
Mar 2009
jpem said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Juggernaut6 said:

Sure, but it also ruins the enjoyment of canon stuff when the pacing is so bad and slow. Which is much much worse than a filler arc or two imo.

i agree with you. It's so fucking boring and slow. For example, in the last epiisode nothing has happaned. I skipped the whole episode. I would rather have fillers ( i don't watch them) than this hellish slow episodes.
Jun 22, 2012 11:05 AM

Oct 2009
finally its starting!! NEED STRAW HAT ACTION NOW! D:
Jun 24, 2012 5:19 AM

Aug 2011

This pacing is horrible, I really hope for a filler arc. Filler is skipable, dragged out cannon is not.
Jul 14, 2012 10:04 AM

May 2010
Man, this happens pretty much every arc though. They start at what seems like a decent pace, and then just get slower and slower as the arc goes on. I'd prefer the filler approach, assuming it's actually good filler. Like the G-8 arc, that shit was boss. They just need to hire some good writers and ask them to come up with their best filler ideas.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 15, 2012 3:40 PM

Mar 2010
defeated

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 3, 2015 5:36 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next one.

Jul 2, 2015 5:09 AM

Jun 2015
what happened to luffy?

knew it that hody jones was behind otohime's death, i guess the confession is about that.
Jul 31, 2016 1:14 AM

Mar 2015
Wonder what happened to Luffy.. but it's not looking good for the royal family
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2017 4:59 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well the royal fam got taken out somewhat easily. Maybe too easy? Oo

Oct 21, 2017 7:23 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, I thought that they would last more than that.
Aug 3, 2019 5:08 AM

Jun 2016
Arlong lived in the discrimination and wanted to kill humans but it wasn't until Fisher Tiger died by showing compassion to them that he went the Hordy path, where he decided he didn't want to unite with these people in anyway but rather dominate them. Still, he loved his people and it came from a place of respect for his fellow brethren and his fallen hero. So if Hordy really did kill Otohime like it's set up for us to think then he is seriously perpetuating his hatred, I wonder why he is so fueled with hate that he will kill his people and his harm/possibly kill his own allies. Being discriminated against, being unable to leave the ocean without being taken as a slave and having people try and kidnap your kind from your own country and do as they please there, showing little respect to you is a valid reason to feel resentment. But Hordy goes beyond that. Yet, he still seems to believe what he's saying, it doesn't feel like an excuse for him. You could see his pupil shake as he mocked the "kindness" Fukuboshi spoke of, saying they want to be tricked by humans. What set him on a path where he could be so cruel to hurt his own people like this and possibly even kill their own queen, soon to be the king too?

When Hordy fired the water shot dbz style through a million things to show his roid strength I had thought, "well cool but if he's not fast it doesn't really matter". Then when the other officers got drugged up and could basically use shave and teleport around I realized more than their strength being way higher, so is everything they do. Just what are these drugs, Hordy described the situation as they had been "given a great power from above'' referring to them. Is he implying these drugs came from someone else, someone puppeting the situation? Or is it simple talk for them being chosen by fate or something? Either way it's interesting and where these drugs came from as they seem to be something new is something to wonder about. Overall seeing Hordy get all contemplative and quiet while looking at the drugs since his transformation was interesting. He's understanding what these things can do now.

The prince's speech was great too. Fukuboshi's "WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, HORDY JONES!? YOU ARE THE WEAKEST ON THE ISLAND!" was one of the best parts of the episode. The princes are strong, they became strong warriors like they promised their mom they would be. But natural strength and resolve doesn't come close to the power of these drugs and they were sadly struck down quickly. Luckily Jimbei is on his way and the fear of Shirahoshi controlling sea kings is also there, and although the drugged up officers are strong and fast and could gang up on Jimbei, they are still simply little thugs compared to him. They surely haven't mastered that power, it's like injecting some mildly strong bruiser with more power, they ought to be messy, well maybe outside of Hyouzou and Hordy. Still, Jimbei may probably totally need some help after all.

There are two important players that we mustn't forget about. Maybe only one, but I refuse to forget about Caribou. Caribou is still out there and presumably kidnapping mermaids. He has got to come back into this somewhere knowing Oda, and with how little of a role he has in this I wonder why Oda planted him here. I feel like however he's used will be brilliant. The other is obviously Vander Decken. Hordy used him to break into the palace, I bet he's already basically forgotten about him by now as he's no longer relevant to his cause. Yet Decken is still going to act and potentially in a destructive way that may harm and get in the way of Hordy. Both these players should be interesting going forward and by the way, I adore the 'haiku with extra syllables' Decken made, it made me laugh so hard.

Two little things. I can understand the criticism that we don't care or know these characters that well and seeing so much of them can be boring. The officers despite having some character shown are still quite lacking and the princes are almost a caricature right now, the resolved good princes carrying on their mothers dream and fighting for their people and the kingdom. Likable for sure but nothing that is necessarily that interesting, all three of them may as well be the same character in my eyes. So to have these groups face each other has a sense of disconnect for me and I presume many others. But, this may be totally worth it in the long run. The other thing is Luffy wasn't shown beaten. We just heard he went down so that whole thing could go in a few different directions.
Dec 31, 2020 5:26 AM

May 2016
With how powerful the New Fishmen Pirates have become thanks to the drugs, it'd be hard to see Neptune's Army standing a chance against them unless they use energy steroids too which would be a very unpleasant thing to see if that actually happens. The Straw Hats might just be strong enough to do the job, though!

I wonder where Luffy has gone.

Jun 4, 2021 8:39 AM

Jun 2019
The battle has been started. Hordy's side looking strong for now.
Jul 27, 2021 10:05 PM

Mar 2016
I really hate this series, it's a strong word and I truly mean it. This arc however has changed my mind almost completely. Getting payoff for something that happened hundreds of episodes feels rewarding. I hope it happens more often as it progresses.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Aug 18, 2021 7:56 PM

Aug 2021
dunno what happened to the straw hats

The princes got beaten easily from the powers of the steroid drug
Sep 16, 2021 2:19 AM
Jul 2020
The pacing is so so so so so so so slow, i lost count on how many times i fast forwarded on this ep.
Apr 17, 2022 11:15 AM

Dec 2012
Gotta wonder who's behind the production of those steroids. My bet is Doflamingo, as it seems like something in his ballpark. I get the feeling they'll be playing a bigger role later on if they're making slightly above average level fish-men into serious power players.
Apr 9, 2023 2:05 PM
Jan 2017
Ayo she was only 6 😭
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Longer running comedy gag than Sanji's "fall for every girl he sees" shtick?

GakutoDeathGlare - 10 hours ago

19 by Bolona07 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 235 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Genoard - Jun 1, 2009

110 by Seruki123 »»
2 hours ago

» What is the most Over Powered DF combination (might contain spoilers if you haven't reached Dressrosa)

A1ex_Ryder - Yesterday

4 by egosumjohn »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1107 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

43 by Eoussama »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 723 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FeelSide - Dec 19, 2015

68 by disaznstyping »»
Yesterday, 7:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.