Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 29, 2012 7:50 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series! THIS SERIES! Is a marvelous in it mix up. AKB0048 is there is a easy first impression of this series without the mix up, then it certainly rings around Idolmaster with some spice and futurama.

Indeed much of the setup is in the future but it promises one thing with the following,

MOE! Loads and loads of it with many favorites such as the Seiyuu’s voice + the character she voices along with the joy of her fans. I can see in the spoiler
that indeed the MOE is there but most of all notice most of the girls have a heart inside of their eye.

From the looks of the following,

Singing will be the next Top thing in this series but more than anything in the spoiler
it promises action and weird creatures. Futurama I say as in totally futuristic.

I can already see in the spoiler
based on environmental outlooks, it looks like desolation or some form of Apocalypse passed. Sounds good to me cause the singing will have a better effect on the gloomy people walking about.

It leaves further to desire of the spoiler
a rather intriguing concept of holography, which leads me to wonder if promotions are starting around the concept? Just seems there is more of it and with hand-helds, while IRL there is Miku hologram that is portable in development. Coincidence? Not really since it’s there to promote technology and music that the tech helps make it that much more alive.

Nagisa in the spoiler
has her family shown and her mother is not that bad. Seems her room is filled with idolatry posters, whom one looks like a younger Sheryl Nome. In fact there are multi references to Macross Frontier such as in the spoiler
that also rings a little something of Macross.

We are introduced to a love situation in the spoiler
rather turns out nasty since the guy get slapped but it worse to see Yuuka crying there.

Nice par in the spoiler
of Yuuka meeting the other 2 girls. The bikes look so futurama, it’s nice. Propelled by fusion? Well the wheel is shining.

If the crying of Yuuka was not enough the ones of Nagisa and Aida in the spoiler
were quite sad. Not teary but depressive. Especially Nagisa because she is shown visually nice.

In thee end in the spoiler
it looks to me like Nagisa’s life is shit! Her father is way too serious, she cries and her mother despite being MOE does nothing to make it better. So what does one has as a choice. In today’s world running away from home and making dreams realize is what the situation looks like a the end. That being said the crying made T_T for some. Not me but hardcore fans have cried around this part. Nagisa and Aida are LOVE! They are MOE and need hugs.

With all the environment going on around and the drama along with what the girls will do and how the futuristic technology will show is what I am keeping tabs on in this show. Might edit later. Any load of GIFs or anything from it, is welcomed to be proposed to me. I will see if I can have time to make the requester smile after doing some graphics.

BTW Image Stitches and Image Dump done:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/05/akb0048-episode-1-now-with-image.html
The art is too look out for as much as Hyouka I find.

Notes: Takahashi Minami the 5th aka Takamina = to green haired idol
Mariko = to Coordinator with glasses
Yuuko aka Nyan Nyan = to Idol with purple eyes and orange hair color.
Kirara
Planet Lancaster
Flashback was 4 years ago.
Yumekichi11May 4, 2012 8:07 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 29, 2012 8:16 AM
Mar 2012
It was pretty dramatic first ep where everyone was crying but it's pretty enjoyable. The 3D rendering is pretty and I love the concert scene.

Tho I do have a problem with people comparing it to idolmaster...in the real idol industry, things like struggling, family problems happen all the time, many of the real AKB48 girls struggled with it , but since idolmaster is like the most popular idol anime, I guess that's what anime fans first think of when they think of "idols."
Honestly it's not like they can make the story any different. All idols/celeb struggle at first so it can't be help they have similar storyline.
Apr 29, 2012 9:34 AM

Oct 2010
akbfan said:
Tho I do have a problem with people comparing it to idolmaster...in the real idol industry, things like struggling, family problems happen all the time, many of the real AKB48 girls struggled with it , but since idolmaster is like the most popular idol anime, I guess that's what anime fans first think of when they think of "idols."
Honestly it's not like they can make the story any different. All idols/celeb struggle at first so it can't be help they have similar storyline.
The thing is I compared it to Idolmaster due to some concepts being taken from there and most of all that Idolmaster may have like Macross inspired much elements in this anime series. On that point it cannot be argued because many animes tend to do that. What does make it different are the futuristic aspect IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 29, 2012 9:49 AM

Jul 2009
I'm confused.They're idols.They sing... they pilot robots...they fight using their fists,stunguns,and lightsabers?!WTH?!
Apr 29, 2012 10:20 AM
Mar 2012
SakuraRainbow said:
I can't find the raw online, anybody know where to watch it? And does anybody know of any fansubs group planning to pick this one up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bPBEDUDaJ_s

It was only aired 2-3 hrs before but fans uploaded it quick
I know only this sub group doing it

http://evetaku.com/blog/

Yumekichi11 said:
akbfan said:
The thing is I compared it to Idolmaster due to some concepts being taken from there and most of all that Idolmaster may have like Macross inspired much elements in this anime series. On that point it cannot be argued because many animes tend to do that. What does make it different are the futuristic aspect IMO.

I see this anime as being closer to Macross than Idolmaster. I think the only thing linking them is the idol thing..tho since AKB is the real idol group, while Idolmaster isn't, it's more like idolmaster is based off the life of real idols to me.

If we're talking about xeno storyline with idol and mecha, it's different from this because in xeno, they didn't have an enemy, where AKB have the government, and the girls in xeno was trying to be idol and mecha at the same time while in akb, there's the singing girls, and then the support team that pilot the mecha

but w/e
akbfanApr 29, 2012 4:50 PM
Apr 29, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
Very tragic and beautiful

The idols are multi talented, able to sing and dance like any idol but also fight hand to hand, with weapons, and even mechs.

The setting is similar to Metal Max with some new, current, and futuristic technology, but way more depressing even the school looks 1940's but the stage looks futuristic as well as the military weaponry, the computers the girls hold and mechs.

Macross Frontier reference in that poster, kind ironic since I compare the series to this.

The military are just tyrannical, I swear they are responsible for the death I seen.

Nagisa's family is a mess, mom is ok but mostly not very encouraging well until the end, father needs to lighten up a lot.

5/5

10/10

Apr 29, 2012 10:37 AM

Nov 2010
Anime_Reaper said:
I'm confused.They're idols.They sing... they pilot robots...they fight using their fists,stunguns,and lightsabers?!WTH?!

Welcome to the revolution. :D
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 29, 2012 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
SakuraRainbow said:
I can't find the raw online, anybody know where to watch it? And does anybody know of any fansubs group planning to pick this one up?

You can find any raw animes from http://animetore.blog84.fc2.com/blog-entry-7482.html and http://himado.in/ and http://wwwwwwwwwww.net/
Apr 29, 2012 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
Nothing like a over the top intro 1st episode to introduce the anime. Think I will enjoy watching this.
Apr 29, 2012 5:30 PM

May 2011
Don't wanna set my hopes drastically high
I mean doing that for something like this just makes you hate it when its done soz
Apr 29, 2012 10:26 PM

Jun 2011
It's quite nice~ The music, the character designs, and the art
I didn't have any issue with the voice actings either. I guess we won't need to worry about the rest of the casts
Mecha fighting, that was unexpected o.O
But where did the blue hair girl went? Hum...

The only problem that I have is with the 3D animation (the dancing part in the beginning)
It didn't seem to fit. It just looks different from the rest of the anime.
I thought they looked like holograms... >_>
Apr 29, 2012 10:51 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, it's really like Macross with that macha for trying to protect the concert from the military forbidding the activities of the entertainment.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 29, 2012 11:59 PM

Nov 2011
Kinda reminds me of Idolmaster for some reason.
Apr 30, 2012 2:01 AM

Feb 2011
Macross missiles spam. AKB0048 confirmed to be awesome.

Honestly though, that was a pretty fun first episode.

On a different note, HorribleSubs is actually fasubbing the show, and their release is on par with some of Commie or gg's releases in terms of the amount of trolling involved.

@Shih
"I thought they looked like holograms..."
Some of them were projected images, but I see your point. The CGI didn't bother me in this episode, however.
HarunoYumeApr 30, 2012 2:09 AM
Apr 30, 2012 2:06 AM

Sep 2009
Ha. As excepted. we would get mix of Macross and Idolmaster there. I wonder how much eps would be?
Apr 30, 2012 2:49 AM

Jan 2012
Plot is pretty good. Underground entertainment. The characters are adorable. I enjoyed how idols beat up the soldiers, lol.

Apr 30, 2012 3:02 AM
Sep 2011
I feel like I've seen too many idol-centred anime lately beside the fact that I don't find idols to be appealing at all. I am interested in the setting with the oppressive regime though as it has lots of potential for political intrigue. However, I have my doubts that the story will ever dive more into politics than it was shown here and that the setting will ever unfold its full potential.
Apr 30, 2012 3:27 AM

Sep 2008
eh... Mamiko Noto got like no lines...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2012 3:36 AM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
eh... Mamiko Noto got like no lines...

At least she appeared and got to say "Hiiiiii~" after frying the one guy.

Give it some time, her char isn't a main char.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 30, 2012 4:01 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty enjoyable imo. Pretty nice plot they've made just for AKB48 lol. I was more amused at their cyberpunkish backdrops tho ahahaha.

4/5
Apr 30, 2012 4:39 AM

Feb 2008
Why do my lolis have male interests? What the fuck, man.
Apr 30, 2012 5:04 AM

May 2010
Nice scenery, might be worth watching.
Apr 30, 2012 6:03 AM
Dec 2007
The opening scene and background setting were so utterly dumb I was forced to drop this.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 30, 2012 7:31 AM

Aug 2010
You know, this premise is actually pretty cool. I'm looking forward to this show.
Apr 30, 2012 7:32 AM

Mar 2010
Wow, I can't believe I actually like an anime with lolis about music. This episode was truly epic. I was worried it would be like K-On! or the mentioned Idolmaster, but since this is partly sci-fi and had potential to be ratehr dark, I watched first ep. It was much better than I expected (but I had low expectations XD ). I loved the personal drama, it really shows those girls as real people. Also their family/boyfriend had very realistic reactions. The air/ground battle was both funny and awesome. It was cool how they used their idol accessory to fight the cops. XD I wonder what those Kiraras are. AKB0048 made it seem as fi they were something important. This might the the very first music band focused anime I like. 5/5
Apr 30, 2012 7:59 AM

Mar 2008
Two of my favourite animes Macross and IM@S in one. This is gonna be a hell of a ride with kawamori at the helm
Apr 30, 2012 8:00 AM

Feb 2008
The songs is from the real AKB48 obviously it woul turn out something good with the music, the concept turn to be really good.
The story seem to be interesting, but where have I seen something simliar? I do wonder.

What's wrong with entertaiment?
I don't think I could live without it rofl. :)

Yeah they put the life by singing and trying to take back what they love, in the end they probably will success.

8/10 not the best from me but still awesome rating :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 30, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2010
Jacut said:
The opening scene and background setting were so utterly dumb I was forced to drop this.

LOL, noticed EVOL right there.
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 30, 2012 9:13 AM

Jan 2010
Oh my god Kawamori what have you done...

Then again, such a show couldn't have been done by anyone else.
Ok™
Apr 30, 2012 11:21 AM

Feb 2012
To look at the idols singing and dancing is really rough and there's nothing more absurd than those idols fighting but I'm interested in this universe and our girls, so I will keep watching it for the time being.
Apr 30, 2012 11:27 AM

Jun 2009
Dat "Aitakatta" song!
Apr 30, 2012 11:32 AM
Feb 2010
Dat Aitakatta indeed...

Also I hope the green haired girl from the beginning is alive somewhere...
Apr 30, 2012 11:36 AM
Mar 2012
descent87 said:
Dat Aitakatta indeed...

Also I hope the green haired girl from the beginning is alive somewhere...

Green hair? There's only one green hair in the show, Takahashi Minami's anime self but there's the blue hair one that was at their concert with the other kids, Chirie voiced by the real AKB member Watanabe Mayu. I heard that the girl background was rich and from a good family so she moved out by the time they grew up probably

btw~ my mind change about the plot line. apparently the whole "banning music" isn't as ludicrous as we think

"Japan instituted a ban on entertainment during the Tenpō Reforms of the 1840's. They're described in the Wikipedia article on the Reform's architect, Mizuno Tadakuni. "The Reform tried to stabilize the economy, through a return to the frugality, simplicity and discipline that were characteristic from the early Edo period by banning most forms of entertainment and displays of wealth." The ban, and the popular resentment that it generated, are the basis for the excellent and often hilarious anime Oh! Edo Rocket. Mizuno and other historical figures appear in that show.

Censorship is a recurring issue in recent anime like the noitaminA series Toshokan Sensou. It's being remade into an animated movie that will be released in June. Apparently the re-release of the original light novels last year have sold quite well. Given the recent efforts by Ishihara and other conservative politicians to rein in the manga and anime industry, I'm not too surprised to see censorship as a theme in AKB0048."
akbfanApr 30, 2012 11:46 AM
Apr 30, 2012 12:11 PM

Apr 2011
Anime_Reaper said:

They are basically trying to save the world from no music or at least that's the quick way to understand it.
Apr 30, 2012 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
Seems very promising. I never watched Idolmaster, Macross, or K-ON but I hope the next episodes will be good.
Apr 30, 2012 1:08 PM

Feb 2008
When I saw the title, I thought this would be based on the manga, boy was I wrong ;) (AKB 49 Manga is much better by the way)

CG is way overused during the performance and its hard not to think of this as an overly long commercial and actually take them seriously while ignoring the various logical inconsistencies and poor plot choices.

What happened to girl number 4?
Apr 30, 2012 1:12 PM

Jan 2008
Mixed vibes of Idolm@ster and Symphogear. I dropped both early.

Agree with the overuse CG during the performance and not liking the mecha design much either.

I can't say I'll stick with this too long. Not hating on the show or anything, just isn't my kind of show.
Apr 30, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2009
I don't see why entertainment was banned. I need a reason...

Also, what happened to the blue hair girl at the beginning? Did she die or something?

Also, I am kinda enjoying it so far ^^
Apr 30, 2012 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
This whole anime will be judged based on how awesome it feels compared to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1rmbs8Jjw&feature=related
Apr 30, 2012 1:30 PM
Mar 2012
Lontaku said:
I don't see why entertainment was banned. I need a reason...

Also, what happened to the blue hair girl at the beginning? Did she die or something?

Also, I am kinda enjoying it so far ^^

I already explained it. or you can just google

"Japan instituted a ban on entertainment during the Tenpō Reforms of the 1840's. They're described in the Wikipedia article on the Reform's architect, Mizuno Tadakuni. "The Reform tried to stabilize the economy, through a return to the frugality, simplicity and discipline that were characteristic from the early Edo period by banning most forms of entertainment and displays of wealth." The ban, and the popular resentment that it generated, are the basis for the excellent and often hilarious anime Oh! Edo Rocket. Mizuno and other historical figures appear in that show.

It's similar to what happened in Japan back then.
Apr 30, 2012 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
Well, this show caught me by surprise.

It's pretty much what I expected, but the setting caught me off guard. Love the background art. Kinda sci-fi. Will keep watching.
Apr 30, 2012 2:06 PM
Jun 2011
Another version of Lilpri, But it should go very well.
Apr 30, 2012 2:07 PM

Dec 2011
Nice scapes, didn't like many things though and I don't really know what to expect from this, I guess we'll see in the next 2 episodes or so.
Apr 30, 2012 3:34 PM

Jul 2011
Will give a few more episodes. Wasn't very impressed though.
Apr 30, 2012 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
It was.. ok.

The art style and animation are pretty good.

I'm guessing the two other girls at the start died? Too bad :(
Apr 30, 2012 3:50 PM

Jun 2011
Ohmygawsh.
This show is fucking hilarious.
Apr 30, 2012 4:26 PM
Mar 2012
Yvese said:
It was.. ok.

The art style and animation are pretty good.

I'm guessing the two other girls at the start died? Too bad :(

omfg..no..the blue hair one moved away and they'll talk about her next and IDK what other girl you're talking about since only 4 of them were there and 3 was on that ship.
i mean seriously you can see all of them in the main pic on the profile page, idk why people think they died?
Apr 30, 2012 4:28 PM
Oct 2010
LOL-what is this ridiculous setting? Rebel idols?? XD

Oh god, I wonder if I was supposed to laugh all the way. First I've ever heard of an entertainment ban, and it seems like it's has actually been used in some places in real life... Maybe that's the future of Japan if Ishihara becomes prime minister...

Anyway, I guess this is one of those animes in which you need to turn off your brain for better enjoyment... I'll try my best.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 30, 2012 4:43 PM

Sep 2010

Well, I'm a little disappointed.
Apr 30, 2012 6:15 PM

Dec 2011
I like this anime. It drew me from the start of the episode. I cannot wait to see more of this. Nagisa father is so strict and I really dont understand the Entertainment Ban. I hope the writers delve into tbe history of the entertainment ban.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2012

107 by e_diane04 »»
May 13, 8:45 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jun 24, 2012

80 by povsuduvolosy »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:49 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 15, 2012

62 by Ashhk »»
May 8, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 11 Discussion

akbfan - Jul 8, 2012

45 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 12:20 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 1, 2012

54 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.