Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2012 9:49 AM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMFG SO MUCH FEELS!!!!

I'm not even going to nitpick as to how kawii idol girls can outsmart well trained soldier and focus on the storyline alone. BTW~ The russian come from HKT48 Anna Murashige, who's half russian.

They showed alot more Takamina and Kanata relationship. I feel like the whole deal with the uniform really represent the problem. Only one can be a member at one time and someone will have to have their dream unfulfilled. Which is why I hope in the end, they'll just abolish the succession system and make a new team out of the trainees. GodKi-P (Sensei Sensei) did hinted this generation is special. I'm hoping Takamina make it back too. The song insert during her struggle is really fitting.

The animation budget seem to cheap out this ep for some scene.....but the concert scene at the end make up for it. But then I'm one of the few that enjoyed the CG..I think the fire and pyrotechnic during this ep really is awesome tho :)

There's more Chieri + Nagisa interaction <3 Also the other KKS member seem to get along a little bit with 77th gen. BTW..it seem like potential idols are made from seeing how fun AKB concerts are? No wonder DES banned idols lol~

Song Inserts

----------------

akbfanJun 24, 2012 5:22 PM
Jun 24, 2012 11:50 AM
Sep 2007
akbfan said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

They showed alot more Takamina and Kanata relationship. I feel like the whole deal with the uniform really represent the problem. Only one can be a member at one time and someone will have to have their dream unfulfilled. Which is why I hope in the end, they'll just abolish the succession system and make a new team out of the trainees. GodKi-P (Sensei Sensei) did hinted this generation is special. I'm hoping Takamina make it back too. The song insert during her struggle is really fitting.

Pretty awesome episode! Can't wait for the subs :D I enjoyed all the songs they sang, and agree that River def fit Takamina's situation. It's tough cause I like for Takamina and Kanata so I hope like you said, that they create another team within AKB instead of the succession concept. Otherwise it seems like Takamina might announce her graduation soon since she seemed to have aknowledged Kanata as the next "true" Takahashi Minami in the end of the episode.
Jun 24, 2012 3:32 PM

Feb 2008
It's very well can be true that Takamina will be graduation soon.

Pretty good episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 24, 2012 8:10 PM

Apr 2011
I see a potential Acchan there.
Jun 24, 2012 10:32 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, how Kanata was not irate is beyond me. I'm not bashing the show but I do think the manager makes some crazy decisions. I thought the direction the show was taking was to gradually move away from listening to that machine thing but I'm not sure with Tsubasa in charge.

On another note, it was nice to see the 77th generation get a chance to shine.
prismheartJun 24, 2012 10:38 PM
Jun 25, 2012 1:26 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, it was strange to see they kept going where the ending would normally start. Especially on a show with a low budget like this one. There were plenty of animation flaws though.
This concert was the best one so far imo, the planet looked amazing and the concert was great.

I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 25, 2012 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
Concert was really great. Still, I find Takamina annoying as hell and she should just gtfo. 77th generation were pretty awesome too. I laughed when the people on that planet started talking russian lol, didn't see that coming. Looking forward to next episode.

Jun 25, 2012 4:03 AM

Feb 2012
At first I felt like they were pushing it too hard with Takamina and Kanata, by the end I thought we were done with that but now there is that cliffhanger, I hope they don't focus too much on those two in the upcoming episodes.
Jun 25, 2012 5:49 AM

Mar 2010
This is more interesting by each episode. I love how they portray the clash of dreams between TakaMina and Kanata I haven't seen anything like this in anime. It's usually he main cast's dreams they focus on and ignore all others. Or they play the "your dream is wrong" card on the non-main cast character. While this focuses on both TakaMina and Kanata equally and it makes both of their dreams legitimate. It's kind of bittersweet. I can't decide who to cheer on. They both try their best and yet, one of them has to "lose".

I also really liked the idea of several concerts at the same time, that was really clever. lol at Mariko's fan at the beginning. XD I kinda hoped something like that would happen. Seems like she's a former AKB0048 member, I wonder how this will be played. The "russian" plane was also very well done, different languages on different planets is rarely used even in more serious stuff. This show is so greatly underrated. I haven't something that looked so childish done so maturely yet. It has such complex themes done so simply and realistically (seriously, fighting idols :-D ). This is definitely my second favourite anime this season.

prismheart said:
Wow, how Kanata was not irate is beyond me.

Wrong, she was. She was clearly upset when TakaMina told her to give her her uniform back. Also she was still upset when the concert started. (Also, don't forget that TakaMina is her idol, she can't and won't hate her regardless what happens.) It was only after she saw TakaMina's determination that she kind of calmed down but she was still slightly upset. When she was talking that she doesn't deserve the uniform, she had tears in her eyes. Most likely because she realised that while TakaMina was determined to sing/dance at the concert no matter what and did her best to do so, Kanata did nothing (aside from practicing) to get there. TakaMina fought for it, Kanata didn't. That's why she wasn't mad. She wasted her own oportunity on her own. Of course, she did it because she admires and loves (not that way) TakaMina. I think this shows great deal of maturity in Kanata and this isn't the first time we saw it in her. That's why TakaMina realises that Kanata should have her name. Team captain has to be mature and sympathetic Kanata is exactly that while current TakaMina shown some sort of immaturity in rather blindly following her dream than making sure the concert was perfect.

If anyting, this shows has very well done characterisation. Every character is herself at all times and never shows any sign of being OOC because of plot. They have their own mistakes, they have their own good points and no one is perfect.
SuiNoByakkoJun 25, 2012 6:10 AM
Jun 25, 2012 7:02 AM

Mar 2012
this story is now only around Takamina and Kanata
it's like they are the main characters.
I do like Takamina 5th actually more than Kanata
I like her voice so much and she is so tiny and cute ^^
but I also want to see the things about Chieri and Nagisa, about who Yuuko's succesor will be (I think Nagisa will become the new center, the thing Yuuko was aiming for or something like that and Nagisa looked like the last center).
Jun 25, 2012 7:19 AM

May 2012
BEST EPISODE YET!

TONS of 77th scenes which was the best! And I loved how they linked it all back to how they all started on this road in the first place~

Seriously, this episode I was in tears so much!

I love this show ~
Jun 25, 2012 8:17 AM
Mar 2012
xxanimeee said:
this story is now only around Takamina and Kanata
it's like they are the main characters.
I do like Takamina 5th actually more than Kanata
I like her voice so much and she is so tiny and cute ^^
but I also want to see the things about Chieri and Nagisa, about who Yuuko's succesor will be (I think Nagisa will become the new center, the thing Yuuko was aiming for or something like that and Nagisa looked like the last center).

They're probably working their way up on the importance list.
Kanata is the leader so they'll focus on her first. Then the double aces Nagisa and Chieri.
Even if it's not confirmed pretty sure there's a second season where the focus will be mostly on the 2 main characters with few ep throw in for the less important girls..... only problem is when they can start on another season due to AKB busy schedules...

Anyway I just thought if the Russian planet have anything to do with AKB48's performance in Moscow a few months ago lol

ownosourus said:
Concert was really great. Still, I find Takamina annoying as hell and she should just gtfo. 77th generation were pretty awesome too. I laughed when the people on that planet started talking russian lol, didn't see that coming. Looking forward to next episode.

Hell no~ D:<
The fact that Takamina still wanted to perform even with her body at that state and still have so much passion and don't want to lose out to Kanata really make me see the "Takahashi Minami" in her since the original Takamina is not someone that will give up. Honestly no one would be willing to give up their dream in that kind of situation. If Takamina actually give up, if you consider the cliffhanger, she doesn't deserve to be Takamina >:(

But then that's kinda the dilemma here lol....

The whole Takamina/Kanata thing remind me of Kawamori's Sherryl/Ranka issue that happened in Macross Frontier btw....
akbfanJun 25, 2012 10:52 AM
Jun 25, 2012 8:23 AM

Oct 2011
Another thought for the episode: How do they get money for their operations?
Airships, robots all of this quite expensive I think.

But for episode itself
wow it was cute :) Sonata as always was awesome, Chieri has some visible character development (she is even likable here)
and that Kanata x Takamina - it won't go into some fight and open emo I think, still it's good to see relations between new and old and they are not always so sweet and shiny (except that one creepy family)

yet guerrilla concerts and those 4 little girls listening to their songs were best part of it - they were so awwwwwww
Jun 25, 2012 8:50 AM

Mar 2010
Great episode
Jun 25, 2012 9:06 AM

May 2012
Dalek-baka said:
Another thought for the episode: How do they get money for their operations?
Airships, robots all of this quite expensive I think.

But for episode itself
wow it was cute :) Sonata as always was awesome, Chieri has some visible character development (she is even likable here)
and that Kanata x Takamina - it won't go into some fight and open emo I think, still it's good to see relations between new and old and they are not always so sweet and shiny (except that one creepy family)

yet guerrilla concerts and those 4 little girls listening to their songs were best part of it - they were so awwwwwww

Remember, there are planets which are not affected by DES anymore, and they hold paid for concerts and sell goods and everything still.
Jun 25, 2012 10:55 AM

Apr 2011
Glad to see Nagisa has improve since episode one. It was cute to see her perform infront of the girls center style.

That multiple concerts where awesome. And Tsubasa was like, "I'm so brilliant!". kept me smiling.

It was also entertaining to see Kanata and Takamina's thoughts about each other. Where one thinks she's not ready to wear her uniform while the other thinks she's more deserving to the captain, The tense feeling of conflicts makes it hard to swallow, but shows the bond and respect each other has. I'm starting to like Takamina too, I think she's cute. It was cute to see Kanata carrying her princess style. They look like a cute couple and care about each other. I was like, "kiss already!" in my mind.
Jun 25, 2012 11:06 AM
Jun 2011
This episode... so many good songs.
Jun 25, 2012 2:25 PM

Oct 2011
OH MY GOD THE FEELS THE EVERYTHING OH MY GOD.

*cough* best episode yet, hands down. It was so heartwarming. But first, can Sonata get any cuter? ;~; her love of the snow was adorable. The songs were so brilliant in this episode, I loved seeing Chieri, Nagisa, Orine and Yuuka sing together. RIVER totally fitted the episode perfectly.

So many mixed feelings towards Takamina. She's such an amazing person and loves 00 so much, but what she did to Kanata was kind of mean. I really want Kanata to succeed but I don't want Takamina to graduate. Amazing episode.
Jun 25, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2011
vampko said:
BEST EPISODE YET!

TONS of 77th scenes which was the best! And I loved how they linked it all back to how they all started on this road in the first place~

Seriously, this episode I was in tears so much!

I love this show ~
Pretty much this. The original four's intro getting tied in was amazing.

Everything about this episode was just made of awesome. Especially the feels.
Jun 25, 2012 7:20 PM

Jan 2010
I guess this is now KGB48 now.
Ok™
Jun 25, 2012 9:04 PM

Mar 2008
Not gonna lie, Takamina pulled a dick move. Kanata was so stoked to be on stage and only to get shut down by someone who wasn't even in full performance shape is just irksome. Although I am glad to see Takamina is slowly realizing she needs to give her position to Kanata, it's pretty obvious at the end of the episode.

Kanata x Takamina and Nagisa x Chieri is win.
Jun 25, 2012 10:15 PM

Apr 2011
razisgosu said:
Not gonna lie, Takamina pulled a dick move. Kanata was so stoked to be on stage and only to get shut down by someone who wasn't even in full performance shape is just irksome. Although I am glad to see Takamina is slowly realizing she needs to give her position to Kanata, it's pretty obvious at the end of the episode.

Takamina knew Kanata was bitter but not hateful towards her. Kanata thought she was not ready to wear that uniform.

I have a feeling she'll graduate near the end.

btw, Kanata was kinda manly when she carried Takamina like that, and Takamina looking at her with a blushfully feverish face was oh so cute. My Yuri radar suddenly tingled.

They make a nice looking couple. My yuri radar is telling me they should make up and kiss already. XD
MagitoJun 25, 2012 10:18 PM
Jun 26, 2012 3:10 AM

Aug 2011
razisgosu said:
GTFO with your sick fantasies. Why can't people of the same sex be good friends? Why does it always have to be homosexuality if they're close? Because that's what you want to happen. That's not actually the case.

Magito said:
btw, Kanata was kinda manly when she carried Takamina like that, and Takamina looking at her with a blushfully feverish face was oh so cute. My Yuri radar suddenly tingled.
Uh... why? See above.

Shake my head.gif.
DraconisMarchJun 26, 2012 3:17 AM
Jun 26, 2012 3:46 AM

Oct 2011
vampko said:
Remember, there are planets which are not affected by DES anymore, and they hold paid for concerts and sell goods and everything still.

Sounds good - plus making money on collector editions of robots, guns and such ;)

still there is another thing that came to my mind while rewatching some parts...
Everyone there is dumb (DES in particular)
During those guerrilla concerts they play with some funny nets, while one shoot from canon would stop it rather permanently.
Even more they know that AKB is there and what they are up to... so instead of good old planetary bombardment they use some funny tanks - while other side uses fresh girls as distraction (this I can understand somehow - it's easier to find more understudies than successors).
Jun 26, 2012 4:05 AM

Apr 2011
DraconisMarch said:
razisgosu said:
GTFO with your sick fantasies. Why can't people of the same sex be good friends? Why does it always have to be homosexuality if they're close? Because that's what you want to happen. That's not actually the case.

Magito said:
Uh... why? See above.

Shake my head.gif.

Because, thats what I think so.
MagitoJun 26, 2012 4:52 AM
Jun 26, 2012 4:25 AM

Aug 2010
Also, they are Idols. Boyfriends are a no go, but girlfriends, especially when they are within the group... no problem there.

And I saw my share of pictures/vids of the REAL AKB48 that got MY (end everyone else's) Yuri senses tingling as well. Whether it's real or "just for the fans" is unknown, what what we DO know is that I, any many other long term AKB48 fans like our idols with just a dash of yuri. or two. or five.

I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 26, 2012 7:26 AM

May 2012
Dalek-baka said:
vampko said:

Sounds good - plus making money on collector editions of robots, guns and such ;)

still there is another thing that came to my mind while rewatching some parts...
During those guerrilla concerts they play with some funny nets, while one shoot from canon would stop it rather permanently.
Even more they know that AKB is there and what they are up to... so instead of good old planetary bombardment they use some funny tanks - while other side uses fresh girls as distraction (this I can understand somehow - it's easier to find more understudies than successors).

Well, they don't want to kill everyone xD

They just want to contain the idols, they know there's only so much.

But, eh, It's an anime. And it was fun watching them outwit DES while cutely doing so. There's no need to overthink things xD
Jun 26, 2012 7:50 AM

Oct 2011
vampko said:
Well, they don't want to kill everyone xD

They just want to contain the idols, they know there's only so much.

But, eh, It's an anime. And it was fun watching them outwit DES while cutely doing so. There's no need to overthink things xD

Not everyone... only every single living form in distance of 100 km - one asteroid and matter is done :D

And with this series (or Pirates) I can see that someone put some thought into creating the world so finding things like this is fun. By no mean it's something against it.
Jun 26, 2012 8:29 AM
Jun 2008
If there are 8 Shumei who is the rest when they are bowing towards the end
Jun 26, 2012 9:25 AM

Apr 2011
Wordsmith said:
Also, they are Idols. Boyfriends are a no go, but girlfriends, especially when they are within the group... no problem there.

And I saw my share of pictures/vids of the REAL AKB48 that got MY (end everyone else's) Yuri senses tingling as well. Whether it's real or "just for the fans" is unknown, what what we DO know is that I, any many other long term AKB48 fans like our idols with just a dash of yuri. or two. or five.

Right. Nothing wrong with putting a small spice of yuri or setting up some characters into couples. It's kinda fun doing that. No harm done.

I'd like to add that akb0048 also do commercials for more proft. They can rake a lot of money with those.
Jun 26, 2012 10:46 AM
Mar 2012
HanzoMittori said:
If there are 8 Shumei who is the rest when they are bowing towards the end

There's just 8 that's focused...well 9 actually. Acchan is going to be the show surprise at the end. AKB have like 60 members in real life, 30 trainees, and even if you focus on just the individual teams, each team, A, K, B, 4 have 16 members. That's way too many people to focus on as main so they just pick the top members.

Dalek-baka said:
vampko said:

From the beginning this anime isn't the type that you can logically figure it out...I stop trying XD Just let it happen and enjoy the melodrama lol.

Wordsmith said:

It's the girl school syndrome. When girls hang out with so many girls + the lack of male presence, the girls sometimes start getting "attract" to each other. After they leave school, they're return to normal. It happened occasionally in all female school in Japan from what I heard. Probably the same situation in AKB.

Tho..IDK..Yuko make me think she's actually bi.

Also from what I heard there's a double standard, when idols do it, it's "kawaii," instead of it being yuri. Probably why no one really raised a big deal about Heavy Rotation but it's Beginner video that was banned.
akbfanJun 26, 2012 10:55 AM
Jun 26, 2012 11:09 AM

Apr 2011
In episode 8.

It's been hinted that Kanata might actually be in love or cares deeply for Takamina based on the teasing by other understudies.

This closely follows kouhai sempai couple types found under the Yuri genre

Yuuko can be possibly be one because she like to have skinships with Takamina.

Anyway, these are just my assumptions.

akbfan said:

Acchan is going to be the show surprise at the end

But Acchan already graduated. What do you mean?
MagitoJun 26, 2012 11:25 AM
Jun 26, 2012 11:33 AM

Aug 2011
Magito said:
It's been hinted that Kanata might actually be in love or cares deeply for Takamina based on the teasing by other understudies.

This closely fellows kouhai sempai couple types found under the Yuri genre
Their teasing implied no such thing.

The only thing that can be logically gleaned from what happens is a deep admiration of Takamina. That's it. (Until something happens that actually proves otherwise.) Anything else and you're just seeing what you want to see. The only criteria of the "sempai kouhai" relationship present is the sempai-kouhai relationship. You're grasping for straws by trying to say it "matches closely" with that as the only basis.
Jun 26, 2012 12:03 PM
Mar 2012
Magito said:

She didn't really graduate. They said she disappeared

She's in the online AKB0048 popularity poll. If she's not in the show they wouldn't be getting a seiyuu for her and put her in the popularity poll. She's probably going to pop up at the end and troll everyone

http://festa.hangame.co.jp/shop2012/akb0048.init.nhn

^Popularity poll

Beside..Acchan is AKB queen and one of the most important member...as if they just write off the queen like that.

Jun 26, 2012 12:04 PM

Mar 2010
Dalek-baka said:

So they should kill thousands of innocent people along with a few AKB0048, knowing they are plenty more members, and risk a huge revolution? Makes sense. People wouldn't just ignore if DES went and killed millions of innocents. They usually use nets and whatnot in crowded area/area with buildings and during ground battles. In air battles they were shooting at them. IMO this anime makes MUCH more sense than people make it look and much much more than other similiar anime do. I'm not saying that those idol silhouette on weapons and other funny stuff have a reasoning but if you really want to complain about it not making sense, do so about something that actually doesn't make sense (said silhouettes).
Besides this isn't military seinen about resistance against cruel dictator, this is just idol anime about popular japanese group with a very diverse targeted age with actually good battles. Give it credit for what it does right don't just ignore everything that happens saying it's an anime.
Jun 26, 2012 12:24 PM

Apr 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Magito said:

This closely fellows kouhai sempai couple types found under the Yuri genre
Their teasing implied no such thing.

The only thing that can be logically gleaned from what happens is a deep admiration of Takamina. That's it. (Until something happens that actually proves otherwise.) Anything else and you're just seeing what you want to see. The only criteria of the "sempai kouhai" relationship present is the sempai-kouhai relationship. You're grasping for straws by trying to say it "matches closely" with that as the only basis.

Admiration would be a better word to describe it. Maybe that's what i wanted to see. Maybe a bit. One reason into thinking that is akbfan's explanation of girl school syndrome which a possible GL could happen, but I'm not expecting much or lean towards that genre. The current relationship between the two really interest me a lot than Chieri and Nagisa. Looking forward to seeing what happens next

akbfan said:
Magito said:

She didn't really graduate. They said she disappeared

She's in the online AKB0048 popularity poll. If she's not in the show they wouldn't be getting a seiyuu for her and put her in the popularity poll. She's probably going to pop up at the end and troll everyone

http://festa.hangame.co.jp/shop2012/akb0048.init.nhn

^Popularity poll

Beside..Acchan is AKB queen and one of the most important member...as if they just write off the queen like that.

Weird. Then how come her picture is part of portraits of past or graduated members?

If so, then the prediction of Nagisa becoming Acchan is gone.
Jun 26, 2012 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
HikaruIzumi said:
Besides this isn't military seinen about resistance against cruel dictator, this is just idol anime about popular japanese group with a very diverse targeted age with actually good battles. Give it credit for what it does right don't just ignore everything that happens saying it's an anime.

but I'm giving it credit for what it does right: well crafted universe, good characters and background - I've wrote about it before as well as why I'm going for those details.
And yeah, It's a way to make their group more popular than it is, but they made it enjoyable enough to watch (I know it's illogical :P - that's why I'm not even asking about those hearts everywhere)
so I will stick up with way I'm watching it

PS. And please, few hundred dead? On some remote planet? No one would give a flying intercourse about it.
Dalek-bakaJun 26, 2012 12:41 PM
Jun 26, 2012 1:05 PM

Mar 2010
Dalek-baka said:

but I'm giving it credit for what it does right: well crafted universe, good characters and background - I've wrote about it before as well as why I'm going for those details.
And yeah, It's a way to make their group more popular than it is, but they made it enjoyable enough to watch (I know it's illogical :P - that's why I'm not even asking about those hearts everywhere)
so I will stick up with way I'm watching it

PS. And please, few hundred dead? On some remote planet? No one would give a flying intercourse about it.

Ok, I get it, sorry, I didn't mean to sound offensive or anything. I just don't understand why people are complaining about it when it's actually very well done. Or maybe I'm the only one who expected something on a completely different level than this (= below average characters that change their nature every episode, naive look at idols, K-on! style plot= none). So, I got very surprised by how good this actually is.

Maybe a few hundred on one planet, but think about how many events/concerts 00 has. If it were a few hundred on every planet where they hold something, people wouldn't be very happy about it. And resistance is much easier planned when DES has several planetary systems to control. It's logical they don't want to risk it. Just look at size of AKB and (W)OTA. Besides, you can always settle down on an asteroid and manage everything from there and no one will find you. :D
SuiNoByakkoJun 26, 2012 1:33 PM
Jun 26, 2012 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
Dalek-baka said:

Not actually remote, all those planets has their own governments, and for DES, trust is the one that they cannot lose. DES is basically the law enforcers for these planets that bans entertainment
So, killing a few hundred people will make them a terrorist for the whole universe. No one is gonna trust their planets with their "protection" anymore.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 26, 2012 1:35 PM
Mar 2012
Magito said:

Weird. Then how come her picture is part of portraits of past or graduated members?

Setting up the surprise at the end obviously. We already knew Miyuki Sawashiro is Accchan seiyuu if you read the staff info on the main page.

Nagisa is the next Acchan. Something will happen to make it so, maybe Acchan will hand down the crown to her when she appear, maybe Acchan will take her in as a student. Maybe Acchan will comeback as a brainwashed solder of DES and Nagisa will end up fighting Acchan which prove Nagisa's ability as the next center...who know...The possibilities for Nagisa to be the next Acchan is still there. I call bull when I saw Nagisa going to be the next Yuko lol. Nagisa is so similar to Acchan even down to what foods she like, I doubt that's a coincident.
Jun 26, 2012 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
kaimax said:
Dalek-baka said:

Not actually remote, all those planets has their own governments, and for DES, trust is the one that they cannot lose. DES is basically the law enforcers for these planets that bans entertainment
So, killing a few hundred people will make them a terrorist for the whole universe. No one is gonna trust their planets with their "protection" anymore.

Indeed. If DES weant trigger happy on those planets, causing many civilian casualties, it would play directly into the hands of 0048.
They would swoop down, help with the cleanup and do a relief concert, which ofc would feature Stand up! as the main song.

Next thing we know, the government either does a face heel turn or is overthrown by angry citizens.

@ akbfan
dunno about that. My own theory is that those "vanished" centers actually ascended, and turned into Kirara. But I agree with nagisa = acchan. One has to be blind to not see it, not just from the looks but the "girl next door" character as well. (Though Nagisa needs to lern how to conserve power *hides*)
WordsmithJun 26, 2012 1:47 PM
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 26, 2012 1:47 PM

Oct 2011
HikaruIzumi said:
Ok, I get it, sorry, I didn't mean to sound offensive or anything. I just don't understand why people are complaining about it when it's actually very well done. Or maybe I'm the only one who expected something on a completely different level than this (= below average characters that change their nature every episode, naive look at idols, K-on! style plot= none). So, I got very surprised by how good this actually is.

No problem.
I was also expecting something along the lines of extended advertisement: we are AKB, we are awesome and now watch 12 episodes where we are also cute :P
but they took good director(s)/scriptwriter and went with it - first episodes were a bit meh but still way better than what expected and now I like it enough to talk about such technicalities (and not with love-hate relationship I had with Symphogear... yes I liked that show for being so clumsy XD
If anything I like such attitude towards viewers.
Jun 26, 2012 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
Good ep.

I felt bad for Kanata when Takamina asked for her uniform and didn't even feel bad doing it lol.
Jun 26, 2012 4:17 PM

Mar 2008
DraconisMarch said:
razisgosu said:

Magito said:
btw, Kanata was kinda manly when she carried Takamina like that, and Takamina looking at her with a blushfully feverish face was oh so cute.

My Yuri radar suddenly tingled.
Uh... why? See above.

Shake my head.gif.

Blah blah blah. Think what you want, I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone else in this thread. Peoplewho idolize another person have strong feelings toward that person. There's nothing wring in thinking about Yuri radar even if its not real.
razisgosuJun 26, 2012 4:23 PM
Jun 26, 2012 6:17 PM
Mar 2012
Wordsmith said:

@ akbfan
dunno about that. My own theory is that those "vanished" centers actually ascended, and turned into Kirara. But I agree with nagisa = acchan. One has to be blind to not see it, not just from the looks but the "girl next door" character as well. (Though Nagisa needs to lern how to conserve power *hides*)

There have to be an explanation why they hired a seiyuu for a Acchan right?~ ;)
And they also talked about how she "mysteriously" disappeared during a concert. They didn't say she graduated so it's a different thing.

Since Kawamori have a habit of killing off characters and Acchan's appearance might tie into that as well as being a good shock factor, I'm 90% sure for her to reappear.

Also I think Kirara didn't come from spirit of idols. They posted an explanation of it on the Japanese AKB0048 site. Here's the translation done by evetaku.

http://akb0048.jp/glossary/

"A bioluminescent life form. After interdimensional travel was developed, this mysterious life form appeared from hyperspace, and as yet is little understood.

Not even its shape is stable, and it assumes a variety of forms. What is known, however, is that Kirara are attracted to the radiance of human souls, and glow when that radiance flares.

Thus, when Kirara gather and glow, it is seen as the sign of an idol’s aura.

During concerts, they glow all the brighter, providing spotlights for the idols.

When their glow reaches its peak, it unlocks the power to transcend space and time. That power is known as the Kirara Drive, and the principle is used for interstellar flight."

Kirara was discovered from space.
Jun 26, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2011
akbfan said:
Magito said:

Setting up the surprise at the end obviously. We already knew Miyuki Sawashiro is Accchan seiyuu if you read the staff info on the main page.

Nagisa is the next Acchan. Something will happen to make it so, maybe Acchan will hand down the crown to her when she appear, maybe Acchan will take her in as a student. Maybe Acchan will comeback as a brainwashed solder of DES and Nagisa will end up fighting Acchan which prove Nagisa's ability as the next center...who know...The possibilities for Nagisa to be the next Acchan is still there. I call bull when I saw Nagisa going to be the next Yuko lol. Nagisa is so similar to Acchan even down to what foods she like, I doubt that's a coincident.

I'm thinking on why Acchan disappeared is because the kirara shined so much that it opened a warp gate and suck her in. But that's just a lame theory of mine.

An interesting twist would be Acchan becoming an enemy and might be the DES pilot who shot down Takamina on their way to Tundrastar.

I could accept your theory about Acchan coming back, since Kawamori is known to not only kill of characters but troll viewers as well. But I am not convince, unless there's actual hint or clue
MagitoJun 26, 2012 7:06 PM
Jun 26, 2012 7:08 PM
Jul 2009
Magito said:
I could accept your theory about Acchan coming back, since Kawamori is known to not only kill of characters but troll viewers as well.

Since most viewers want Acchan to come back, it would be hilarious if she really doesn't. Now that's trolling.

Heck, what if Nagisa doesn't become Acchan's successor like everyone and their mother are expecting? Maximum Trolling Unlocked!! lol
Jun 26, 2012 7:24 PM

May 2012
Didn't everyone say that 'graduating' led to mysterious disappearances?

Just something to think about.
Jun 26, 2012 8:02 PM
Jul 2009
vampko said:
Didn't everyone say that 'graduating' led to mysterious disappearances?

Only the Centers disappeared, but normal idols like the Tomochins and Tsubasa (who was Mariko Shinoda) graduated and nothing bad happened to them.
Jun 26, 2012 8:05 PM
Mar 2011
Has anyone else noticed that one little girl in the red hood started with normal eyes and during the concert the little hearts that the members of 0048 have fade into her eyes? Nice subtle way to hint on the birth of a future idol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2012

106 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 11, 2022 1:26 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 15, 2012

62 by Ashhk »»
May 8, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 11 Discussion

akbfan - Jul 8, 2012

45 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 12:20 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 1, 2012

54 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 11:49 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 17, 2012

60 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.