Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2011 10:36 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The play was wonderful and Chiba looked so nice with her costume. This series is getting better and better IMO. Oh man I really wish to have written more but I watch so much and sometimes little time to post a good long comment even though I started the topic. Other than Chiba having a wonderful time slot in this episode along with Makoto, both of their costumes were in fact good and Makoto did look like Juliet with glasses as seen,

In fact I think Juliet may have been hotter with glasses. Wonderful development with Maiko/Anna and Chizuru as well Maho.

About Chiba, she was terrific I find although a little emotionally stoic. Chiba at the start got pretty much dissed by Momo in regards that she did not like show offs, which is not really what Chiba intended. I will admit that Fumiya was nice in giving her flowers but by the looks of Chiba's expression she did not appreciate them although she did take them. Most likely because what Fumiya caused at her place in the previous episode. Chiba looked so serious looking at Makoto that it was nice. In fact Chiba was so good girls were already talking about her during the play. I found it most meaningful that she took Makoto's hand. Even though she was little uncomfortable with it, letting go of Makoto's hand not too long after. What really was nice of her was her giving the flowers she received from Fumiya to Makoto mentioning that for her he was really Juliet. That really meant a lot as she complimented him for what he really wanted to hear when no one did that at all. She obviously denied to answer Fumiya's inquiry about the flowers.

About Makoto, he was good although he screwed up the play in the beginning and was certainly not too sure about his performance. Upon Chizuru presenting to Fumiya Makoto as being Juliet, Makoto saved himself really good with telling to Fumiya that it makes interesting what he did expect that Juliette's role would be. Prompting Fumiya to have a reaction that peaks him to find out how Makoto is going to be on stage. Makoto as Juliet looked better than I initially though. In fact seeing his face up close it really did like I though, that of Juliet with glasses. Problem comes that apart from already screwing up in the beginning with the crowd already gossiping about something wrong, he apologized to the crowd with a bowing. Now I find that not good. He should have just continued instead like nothing happened. That kind of interrupted the whole play for nothing. Makoto really shined well in the spoiler
with the final scene he played out. So good that the crowds in the spoiler
were all astonished as it was supposed to be and cheered on as the play was done. Well all of them except not so much Fumiya was with his clapping. Despite all that Makoto still wanted the crowd to recognize as a genuine Juliet, which Chiba did to give him a nice encouragement. In the end he was still angry at his mom for laughing at him.

About Maho, although short time slots here and there she had, they were great. It came to my attention from the way she was acting in the spoiler
that she is interested in smoking? I hope not but her bad-ass punk maid attitude was quite hilarious as I pictured her not being cool with smoking in the future and I am sure Riku would not like it either. Maho is so lucky that Maiko came and I got trolled with the last preview that it was someone else, guess that's how good her disguise was. Unfortunately for Maho she blurted out from excitement her name in front of the whole crowd in the cafe while those people not too long ago were talking about her. That was a big mistake of Maho as Maiko with Anna could not stay in the cafe. Maho's teacher while talking to her about how impressive the play was got Maho on the opposite with her negative facial expression. It appears Doi also had a negative attitude about it. Looks to me both were jealous of the success of this play.
Rest in the spoiler
About the preview, who is that girl? Is it Maho? I like her the facial expression she makes and can't wait to find out why. Oh my this is one hot girl! Want to know about her too. The best is in the spoiler
could it be a Shuichi x Anna development? Wonderful is so because I want to find out how it will work out. PS: I wish I posted this earlier but things came up, however these are my full thoughts.
Yumekichi11Feb 26, 2011 9:19 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 24, 2011 11:37 AM

Apr 2010
The Play was indeed great and it was a nice episode ones again.
Maiko causing a commotion everywhere she came was funny especially the reaction when Chi ran into her at the ghost house.
She was very air headed about it tho.
Maho's reaction when she came was also funny she went from being a slacker to being a active person, and she seriously has to do some thing about her pessimistic behavior it just makes her annoying.

Mako mastering enough courage to do the play was impressive and it made the play a success with the rest of the class also performing nicely.
He also made the ghost house part allot of fun to watch the reaction of the guys in that class was great.

Chiba was pretty grumpy ones again she seriously needs to have some fun in her life instead of always being like that.
I advice her to take a example of her mother and enjoy the bright side of life.
Feb 24, 2011 12:07 PM

Feb 2010
The haunted house scene was great! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!
--しかし!現実ってのは以外と厳しい!!
Feb 24, 2011 12:27 PM

Oct 2010
Chiba looked great! and despite her being disappointed that things didn't turn out the way she wanted, I'm glad she showed her nice side by giving her flowers to mako san. good stuff! also very cool of anna, maiko, yuki, and shi to show up ^^
Feb 24, 2011 12:28 PM

Nov 2010
Cause scaring the ppl who are supposed to scare you in the haunted house, is what the kool kids do?
Feb 24, 2011 1:18 PM

Dec 2008
Chiba displayed an act of kindness!! Did hell freeze over?
Yay!! Mako did it!! I was worried about him as Juliet for a bit.
That haunted house scene was WIN!! I LAWLED the whole time!
Feb 24, 2011 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
The first half was sleep-inducing, but the second half was really good.

Cafe scene - Who the hell orders orange juice with a chocolate chip cookie? That sounds so gross. I don't like milk, but at least I know it's supposed to go with cookies. Come on.

As for Maiko's disguise, that was also really lame. How can you call that outfit a disguise? If she's a model and looks pretty isn't wearing cute clothes just going to make you stand out more? XD

I laughed at the ghost scene in the haunted house.
Ghost kid: "Ryyaahhhhrr!"
*Stops and stares*
*They stare back*
*Ghost kid stares then slides back behind the curtain*
*The two continue staring at where he was*
Lolwut? XD

As for the screaming part in the haunted house, that was just laughable. Poor Mako sounded like a dying bird. :P

Sarashina was epic win again.

And then the play was the best part. I wouldn't have minded if the entire episode was about the play (but they can keep the ghost kid). All of a sudden I feel like acting. Haha. This was probably my favorite episode.
Feb 24, 2011 3:48 PM

Oct 2009
Loved the episode.

I really like that scene in the haunted house where they're all screaming. It sort of made me feel like a kid again.

I feel that the anime doesn't do that good of a job introducing Yuki and Shii, though. If I didn't read the manga a few weeks ago, I would be so confused about them.
Feb 24, 2011 4:18 PM

Nov 2008
I was worried about Mako screwing up but in the end, it all went fine xDD

Who the heck is that girl always sticking close to their teacher? Those two even went to the haunted house clinging to each other xDD

I laughed at boys acting like girls xDD reminds me of the time I did genderbender roleplay with my classmates during highschool xDD ohh I missed those times~

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 24, 2011 5:09 PM

Nov 2007
Lovely episode, Chi's confession stealing the show.
I'm glad she part of the group, as she brightens things up.
That rude guy annoys me, and I'm glad Chiba treats him likes she does.
Too bad he seems to be the idiotic type that just doesn't get it.
Very nice she gave those flowers to Mako, though ofcourse with an excuse lol.

Ousto said:
I feel that the anime doesn't do that good of a job introducing Yuki and Shii, though. If I didn't read the manga a few weeks ago, I would be so confused about them.

I had the impression Yuki was a trap, though the series tries to make it seem like the other way around. But I didn't recognise the guy in the pre-OP until I saw them together :D
Feb 24, 2011 5:09 PM

May 2008
its so funny to see ppl act as another gender =3

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 24, 2011 5:20 PM

Aug 2010
the haunted house was such a fail!!!! XD

the play scenes were really good though. i felt bad for Mako at the begining when he messed up but he finished nicely ^^
Feb 24, 2011 5:38 PM

Apr 2010
I find Mako really weird... I mean... grow some balls. Jeez, who cares what people say, if you wanted to be Juliet, THEN FUCKING BE JULIET DAMMIT!
Feb 24, 2011 6:29 PM
Feb 2011
Iilia said:
Cafe scene - Who the hell orders orange juice with a chocolate chip cookie? That sounds so gross. I don't like milk, but at least I know it's supposed to go with cookies. Come on.

I assume you don't dunk it in the OJ, but that doesn't sound too bad.

As for this episode, I thought it was good how Mako stuttered during the beginning of the play, but then continued to do the play, really showed his shyness and the fact he can be courageous, and I loved how Sarashina screamed at the end of the haunted house when she sees the model, also the part when the two zombie looking guys are hiding going "im scared" during all the screaming was classic
Feb 24, 2011 8:20 PM

Sep 2008
The play wasn't as spectacular as I had hoped. =[
I guess that's what you get for not having Nitori as a lead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2011 8:53 PM

Feb 2010
I thought the play was pretty good... I'm glad they didn't make it some cliche' thing and have Nitori sweep in and "save the day" as Juliet.

Loved the haunted house part & the part where Chii was yelling "I LOVE YOU"! hahah.
Feb 24, 2011 9:44 PM

Jun 2009
I can't believe that UGLY SHOTA still be juliet...
I was expecting......
MusashiRose said:
they make it some cliche' thing and have Nitori sweep in and "save the day" as Juliet.

Nitori much better...
that UGLY SHOTA and the rude boy are the worst characters in this series...
Feb 24, 2011 11:14 PM

Sep 2009
Nice episode. The haunted house really was bad.

Chizuru cracks me up.
Feb 24, 2011 11:50 PM

Dec 2010
So who was the women in the suit? Older sister? She mentioned it's the only mens clothes she got, so was there a reason to dress up like a boy? It feels like they droped something in there that doesn't make sense if you haven't read the manga.
Feb 25, 2011 12:49 AM

Oct 2009
nznznz said:
So who was the women in the suit? Older sister? She mentioned it's the only mens clothes she got, so was there a reason to dress up like a boy? It feels like they droped something in there that doesn't make sense if you haven't read the manga.

It's Yuki. She's transgendered, and the same person who gave Takatsuki the boys uniform early in the series. Takatsuki also went over to her house to search online for bras.

It doesn't show it in the anime, because it mostly happened during elementary, but Takatsuki and Nitori are friends with Yuki and Shii (her boyfriend), and go over to their house often. That's why Takatsuki wanted to invite them to the festival.

I think she dressed like a boy to relive her school days or something. She used to be picked on during school, but Shii was the only one who never did pick on her.
Feb 25, 2011 1:14 AM

Dec 2010
Thanks Ousto for clearing that up.
Feb 25, 2011 7:27 AM

Nov 2009
IZUMI64 said:
I can't believe that UGLY SHOTA still be juliet...
I was expecting......
MusashiRose said:
they make it some cliche' thing and have Nitori sweep in and "save the day" as Juliet.

Oh, i was too which made me happy when they proved it wrong. As much as will agree he is an ugly shota XD
I thiink it is cool that he wanted to stand out and Nitori let him. Plus, he doesn't like chiba in that way so it would be complicated for him.
Feb 25, 2011 8:08 AM
Nov 2010
Shii-chan sounds like Amata Kihara from To Aru Majutsu No Index 2.
Feb 25, 2011 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
So Yuki is a man who acts like a woman but only has one set of men's clothes and is voiced by a woman and is dating a man. Uh. @_@
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 25, 2011 11:11 AM

Oct 2006
wheresthehandle said:
So Yuki is a man who acts like a woman but only has one set of men's clothes and is voiced by a woman and is dating a man. Uh. @_@

Yuki is a heterosexual transwoman. She basically went to the cultural festival in drag.
Feb 25, 2011 7:36 PM

Oct 2010
I got something interesting I noticed based on the following spoiler
could that girl be in love with the teacher and a teacher x student love is happening? The way she looks at him and holds him onto to her arm look rather suspicious to say the least.

Feb 25, 2011 8:47 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
could that girl be in love with the teacher and a teacher x student love is happening? The way she looks at him and holds him onto to her arm look rather suspicious to say the least.

I didn't notice that, nice catch!

I really liked Chi in the beginning, but now she just seems kind of annoying to me. If someone does something a little cooky she freaks out and wants to be their friend or something. And there was too much Mako for me this episode. At least there was Chiba to balance it out.
Feb 25, 2011 9:24 PM

Jun 2009
LOL no one wanted Mako to be Juliet. I don't want him also but gotta feel for him.

Laugh on the part when Chi lost it when she so Maiko. Love the energy she brings in this anime. Can't wait to see more Anna.
Feb 25, 2011 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
It appears Riku also had a negative attitude about it.

That's not Riku, that's Doi.
Feb 26, 2011 4:03 AM

Oct 2010
hankgathers said:
Yumekichi11 said:
It appears Riku also had a negative attitude about it.
That's not Riku, that's Doi.
OK and who is Doi exactly?

Feb 26, 2011 7:51 AM

Jul 2009
niwasatou said:
wheresthehandle said:

Yuki is a heterosexual transwoman. She basically went to the cultural festival in drag.

Transwoman? What?

So Yuki is a woman who likes to dress as a man? And is dating a man?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 26, 2011 8:26 AM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

Just some kid who was a jerk to Nitori in elementary school.

wheresthehandle said:
So Yuki is a woman who likes to dress as a man? And is dating a man?

Yuki was born as a male but is now a biological female. She typically dresses as a woman; the cultural festival is the only instance of her cross-dressing I can remember.

Her boyfriend is just a regular male.
Feb 26, 2011 8:39 AM

May 2010
Good episode. I was expecting a twist in the play since Mako's seemed to be worried that nobody wanted him to be Juliet but oh well.

I laughed at the boys' voices during the play and the horse. lol

The haunted house is a fail yet lulzy. :D

Yumekichi11 said:

I noticed that too but I'm not really thinking much about it. -,-
Feb 26, 2011 8:50 PM

Nov 2010
Lots and i mean lots of screaming going for a haunted house that got scared by them, and of course more screaming for a idol, really want to see what happens in the next episode.
Feb 26, 2011 9:18 PM

Oct 2010
hankgathers said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Just some kid who was a jerk to Nitori in elementary school.
Well that explains his jealousy over the play in certain ways. I will make corrections now.

Feb 27, 2011 1:39 AM

Aug 2008
Lol at the amateur haunted house. :P
I was cracking up when the ghost shuffled back towards the curtains in embarrassment.
Feb 27, 2011 3:19 PM

Jul 2009
I think this was my favorite episode so far!! The play was the best!
Feb 28, 2011 4:43 PM

Jan 2011
I laughed a lot during this episode, which I wasn't expecting to do. The haunted house scene was hilarious and I loved Sarashina's reaction to meeting Maiko. They've been showing Doi a lot more lately, I wonder if he will finally start becoming a part of the show.
Mar 1, 2011 6:23 PM

Oct 2010
Such a good episode. . but who is that chick in the preview??
Mar 2, 2011 6:40 PM

Aug 2010
Oh man was this weird. Timid and frail guys like Mako kind of piss me off :/
Mar 3, 2011 9:01 AM

Nov 2009
There is just way to many things happening in this show. A really good episode. I was smiling almost the entire episode.

Yumekichi11 said:

There seems to be more to the story than I thought. She was kind of upset as she passed behind the teacher while mentioning Maiko.
Mar 4, 2011 12:20 PM

Jun 2009
Haunted house scene left me “Lolwut?” Those ghosts were so full of fail it made me crack up. Poor guys; it must’ve been embarrassing.
And seeing all of them screaming, made me want be kid like them again and shout along with them.

Also, that girl who is always clinging to the teacher and ogling him puts me on my nerves… I really don’t know why, though. I do hope she has some kind of relevance later, maybe.

And the play. Oh, the play. It must be my favorite part of the episode. It was so much fun, watching everyone act in a reverse role made it utterly enjoyable. Makoto made me a little nervous, he was all stuttering and uncertainty, apart from his general lack of confidence made me want to go and encourage him —yelling at him too, of course— but I’m really glad he stood up on his own and became the Juliet he wanted to portray.

OOT: I do wonder, did Umee drop the project or they’re just too entertained playing RIFT, as always? Not that it matters, anyway.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 7, 2011 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
This was a great, yet simple episode. It caps off the play we've all been waiting for, and I'm hoping this ends up alright.
Mar 16, 2011 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
Even though I fall into RomeoxJuliet haters club (well, more like dislikers xD) I was pretty entertained by the play. The haunted house part was not bad either. For me, this was prolly the most likeable episode so far.
Mar 17, 2011 8:30 AM

Apr 2010
well,i think, the play isnt as spectacular as i think..i still wanted Nitorin to play the Juliet..and i hate the fact that almost all the nicest scenes in the play where fast forwarded or cut..

i also feel sad about the guy with glasses who was so persistent when it comes to that jerk Chiba-san..(i dont like her personality, really)

and teh haunted house! the lamest (i must say ! haha) ever!!hahaha :D :D
Mar 21, 2011 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
Haunted house was lol XD Reminded me of the one I had to do for our school ... it was probably as bad lol XD
Glad Mako got to play Juliet, but the way everyone expected Nitori to made me feel kinda bad for him. At least he got his act together and finished well :D
Haha Chiba gave him the flowers she got XD
I like Nitori's sister and the models, they're pretty cool and the clothes are a nice bonus as well :P
Mar 29, 2011 12:26 AM

Mar 2009
The play was good; wish there was more of it.
Apr 20, 2011 9:19 AM
Apr 2011
I love how realistic these episodes are. It reminds so much of my school days and how you really wish and hope for events to turn out a certain way and then, they don't. But sometimes it's for the better. It would have been cool if Nitori and Takatsuki where in the roles, hmmm doujinshi idea.. maybe
May 12, 2011 8:57 PM

Aug 2010
Best episode yet! lmao at the haunted house scene
Jan 4, 2012 10:58 AM

May 2009
I enjoyed quite a lot this episode!

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 20, 2011

88 by redheadbros »»
May 22, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

260 by redheadbros »»
May 22, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Mar 10, 2011

61 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 17, 2011

56 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hannah_Ana - Jan 27, 2011

88 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.