Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 27, 2011 9:23 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was an interesting episode.

Clain and Nessa were kidnapped by a terrorist group calling themselves "Lost Millennium". They really only wanted Nessa because they think she might have some sort of special data hidden in her which they can use against Fractale. You could probably compare them to the Naturalists from Gundam Seed.

They go to raid a "Festival" which is actually a brainwashing "Update" for the
nanomachines.

Phryne makes an appearance to stop the raid.
It seems as though Nessa is a Dopple of Phryne's sister.
Jan 27, 2011 9:41 AM

Jan 2010
This anime is becoming more and more interesting~
Wafu~ !
Jan 27, 2011 10:13 AM

Sep 2010
DL21 said:

Same thing for me, always as beautiful and more interesting :) Perfect mix!

Hope it continue like this and being better and better!
Jan 27, 2011 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
WTH?! Is this even the same show? Great ep but didn't expect this show to change so drastically in the span of about five minutes.
Jan 27, 2011 11:21 AM

Jul 2010
amazing ep, very interesting. i cant wait to see more
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jan 27, 2011 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Still the best anime of the season. Visually and creatively.
Jan 27, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
This was definitely a major turn for the series. I'm with it all the way now.
Jan 27, 2011 12:51 PM

Aug 2008
waaah!
I wasn't expecting this at all!!
omg, I want to next episode already!!!
Jan 27, 2011 1:44 PM

Apr 2010
DL21 said:
I agree each episode we learn something new about there world which is a very interesting world.

This episode really showed the bad side of technology and the totalitarian society it might create, it clearly shows how some people might use technology to there own advantage.
It also shows that there always people who are willing to think different and object to such a society even if it will bring confusion to people who did accept such a society.
As seen from Caine's reaction who clearly was confused about it and seemed to have problems accepting it.

I got a better impression of that blond girl after this episode see is smarter then she first was portrait to be.
And it was funny to see her stalked by Nessa who seems to like her allot.
I wonder how Caine will respond after this event seeing he was even trowing up from shock.
Phryne showing up at the last moment came as a surprise and i am really looking forward to what the next episode will bring.
Jan 27, 2011 1:52 PM

Jan 2010
yeah , i hoped there would be a place where there is no Doppel [or droppel "whatever]

Brainwashing people to make them lazy xD

Well looking forward to episode 4

[BTW this season there is a lot of cute animes but they are Bloody like those Magica girls , and Gosick and this & zombie desuka is just GORE]
Jan 27, 2011 2:21 PM
Oct 2008
Totally did NOT see that last few minutes coming.
Jan 27, 2011 2:26 PM
Feb 2010
Woah. It just gets better and better.

I can't wait until the next episode.
Jan 27, 2011 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
That really did get much better this episode. I loved the previous episodes, they had a nice feel to them, but with this episode, it just got even better!
Jan 27, 2011 3:36 PM

Mar 2010
Bloody good for fractle totally made it a more realistic feeling GReat episode, Looks like the real nessa made the dopel nessa

this has gotten even Way Better ;D

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 27, 2011 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
Eternal_Shield said:
yeah , i hoped there would be a place where there is no Doppel [or droppel "whatever]

Brainwashing people to make them lazy xD

Well looking forward to episode 4

[BTW this season there is a lot of cute animes but they are Bloody like those Magica girls , and Gosick and this & zombie desuka is just GORE]
yeah theres alot of blood in zombie,but i haven't seen a shed of blood in magica girls but i could be wrong haven't seen ep 4

really like the where the story is going,and what the world they live in now really is like,also didn't see the whole darker tone at the end coming :( seeing how its been so lighthearted till this point
desolatoJan 30, 2011 3:07 PM
Jan 27, 2011 4:35 PM

Jul 2008
That went from quite light hearted to bloody very quick.
Jan 27, 2011 5:33 PM

Jul 2010
Me at the beginning of Episode 3 - "Aww man Fractale is such a whimsical adorable calming show."

Me at the ending of Episode 3 - "Did those grannies just get mowed down in a hail of semi-automatic gunfire?"
Jan 27, 2011 5:46 PM

Sep 2009
i'm starting to like this show .....great eps ^^
Jan 27, 2011 6:13 PM

Jan 2011
This was just awesome! Is Nessa a doppel of Phryne's sister?
Jan 27, 2011 6:20 PM

May 2010
Wow this was different, I didn't expect it to get that violent and they didn't hold back much either. I'm kinda wondering about the magic stuff though, Is it technology or religious power?
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 27, 2011 7:09 PM

Feb 2008
Big change from the last episode. This is starting to look pretty good.
Jan 27, 2011 7:13 PM

Feb 2008
holy shit man...wtf was that. this just keep getting interesting.
Jan 27, 2011 8:57 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, this is show is getting pretty good.

Jan 27, 2011 8:59 PM

May 2009
What the hell just happened?! The tone completely changed there at the end to say the least. A rather enjoyable show is now also much more interesting. So far, so good - hope it stays that way.
Jan 27, 2011 9:21 PM

Nov 2010
Football said:
Me at the beginning of Episode 3 - "Aww man Fractale is such a whimsical adorable calming show."

Me at the ending of Episode 3 - "Did those grannies just get mowed down in a hail of semi-automatic gunfire?"

Best part of this episode was that ^
Also "what color are your panties today?"
Jan 27, 2011 9:39 PM

Sep 2010
That was pretty cool.
Jan 27, 2011 9:57 PM

Jan 2009
This episode got really interesting, and I'm just really curious how the story's unfolding out in the future.
Jan 27, 2011 10:00 PM

Aug 2007
Definitely a sudden and unexpected change of pace with the violence and revelation of Phryne's sister. Am I the only one who just about died laughing from the "dirty" dancing scene?
Jan 27, 2011 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
Just random speculation, but I wonder if there are actually a whole bunch of "Nessa's" that act as interfaces with the Fractale system with Phryne as their overseer (hence the "big sister" reference). It kind of seems that the Nessa with Clain is too unique to be someone elses's dopple, so perhaps she is a custom program designed by Phryne herself?
Jan 27, 2011 10:23 PM
May 2010
Shit got real.
Jan 27, 2011 10:23 PM

Sep 2010
kuroshi_nazo said:
This was just awesome! Is Nessa a doppel of Phryne's sister?

I think it's probably like this, but I also hope for a mystery with those characters!
Jan 27, 2011 10:29 PM

Jan 2010
Sheet just got real.

Well, that certainly was surprising. As if the Madoka Magica fiasco wasn't enough, now it's Fractale's turn to take a sudden dive into the murky depths of -HOLY CRAP DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?!-, and what a glorious, glorious dive it was. I didn't think this show could do anything that could change itself so drastically... I'm impressed. Damn do I look forward to how it turns out.

I wonder if anyone noticed that Madoka's little 'incident' also happened in its third airing episode. Coincidence? I. THINK. NOT.
Jan 27, 2011 10:56 PM
Nov 2009
The mood change surprised me a lot! I'm starting to like this anime ^^
Jan 27, 2011 11:11 PM

Nov 2010
Iisan-kun said:
Shit got real.
DAMN! you beat me to it! When I saw that scene all that I heard in my head was "shit just got real o.O"

midgemage said:
sheet just got real.
...aw....you beat me to it as well :(
LihnJan 28, 2011 4:58 AM
Jan 27, 2011 11:20 PM

Sep 2007
Hah I knew the Fractale system was some kind of controlling mechanism. Didn't expect shit to go down like that though. Fractale just became even more awesome.
Jan 27, 2011 11:42 PM

Oct 2009
Amazing. Gosh.

Guys, let's throw a Angel Beats episode discussion here.

Every thread we just go:

Shit just got real'er.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2011 12:23 AM

Aug 2010
KillerYandere said:
Still the best anime of the season. Visually and creatively.

That's my opinion as well :D
The episode was simple, doesn't tires you like other animes and still refers to a lot. Now that Phryne reappeared, more the reasons to call it more interesting, plus a human(?) Nessa as her sister :D
Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 28, 2011 12:42 AM

Jun 2010
First Madoka, and now Fractale comes with an unexpected twist o__o

As quite a few other people just posted: Shit Just Got Real.
Jan 28, 2011 12:57 AM

Sep 2008
I'm kinda going meh on this episode, even though a lot happened... or something like that.
Maybe I'm just bleh right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2011 1:00 AM
Jul 2008
quite an interesting episode :)
Jan 28, 2011 1:06 AM

Feb 2010
exellent this show trully getting better and better.
Jan 28, 2011 1:09 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was all fun and discovery until the end. Holy shit O_O WTF it was. Although I was not surprised as typical terrorist groups may be to use violence but these were humans although they were injected nano machines, still makes them human as long as I see blood gushing out. Anyways Nessa was still the best with all her expressions in the spoiler

As for the details, I found the city at the beginning rather refreshing and nicely done. The little kid with Enri and from the looks of those villagers putting those glasses, it looks to me like you need special equipment to see the doppels. The following scenery totally reminded me of Shangri-La due to how it was shown. Anyone else? Guess when Sunda touched Nessa, his hand passing through her, I wonder why? The classes where the students take their classes reminded of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu's class F judging from the poor condition. I also found it fascinating in this world's setup at how the farming is done on building roofs. Rather interesting.

Sunda had a freash set of expressions in which one of them he is rather sure of himself. Very cool system of telling you eating/health habits through urine analyzing in the bath, which makes go to saying how Enri's panties are so pink and feminine of her character as well as her blushing. Found it funny that Enri got so annoyed by Nessa's invasion that of all things she threw the damn screen in the toilet. Must have had some crazy flushing power to flush that.

Going back to the city I can see what people are talking about not conforming to the societies' advances. The conventional hospitals that Clain encounters with conventional beds is quite interesting to the opposition of neo technology conformity. Another interesting thing towards that is that the parties are rather medieval style as are the clothings themselves.

Miscellaneous details going into this paragraph, found it hilarious one of Enri's henchman encouraging Clain into ecchi with Nessa not that I would mind but you all do realize how much loli it would be to have those doppels and what might we do with them. It could mean the end of murder and all kinds of sexual crimes permanently. Clain is hilarious in some situation and those are where he shines mostly with his expressions like that strange dancing with Nessa as well as the way he slept with Nessa on the same bed as him. BTW is that a bullet proof jacket of some kind that Clain gets? Now it brings me to how nice the flying ship was such as the curiosity of how does it propelled exactly? Certainly its weapon systems are quite interesting also to me.

Finally the end was crazy. At first I wonder what exactly is that thing and why is it shaped like that? Quite confused about it.As well as WTF at those 3 stars suddenly shining bright. Guess my eyes did not play trick on me granny gets really shot and is human, that's not even the end of it a normal bystander gets a portion of its body blown away by one of the blasts of that staff which suggests to me that they are rather dangerous batshit, another granny getting shot more clearly with blood splatter? Guess no more mind games, people are fucking getting shot and they are real because of the red blood splatter and as if it was not enough one of Enri's henchman has a shot from the staff pierce him from one end through all his body. Shit got real

Guess the hooded figure really is just another doppel that looks like Nessa except this one wear jewelry similar to that of Phryne. Phryne showing up at the end was the holy grace that got me excited for next episode. Rather incredible episode better than before.
Yumekichi11Jan 29, 2011 3:46 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 28, 2011 1:37 AM

Aug 2009
Dammit, why did they have to use violence? I was ready to drop this thing, but now I just forced to continue watching in hope to see more guro...kuso.
Jan 28, 2011 1:48 AM

Sep 2009
Wow, talk about a change of pace. It's good though, just what the show needed. I was just thinking about how the show didn't seem as exciting as it initially was, but then that ending came.
Jan 28, 2011 2:19 AM

Jul 2010
Wow didn't expect all the violence sense everything had a happy go lucky feel. The best part of the episode was one those two annoying guys in black and shades. They shot the fat one and that made me happy. : )
Jan 28, 2011 3:47 AM

Jan 2010
Holy cock, there's gunfire suddenly!
Jan 28, 2011 4:31 AM

Nov 2007
So much for thinking Lost Millenium were just a bunch of geeks, meant for comedy relief. But it makes for a great set-up for Claine.
He's not a big fan of doppels, regularly turning them off, and he loves old things. Seeing that brainwash-session surely will turn him off even more.
On the other hand, seeing the rebels use such violence, using humans as shield won't tempt him much either. So he really has to start thinking for himself.

Yumekichi11 said:
The following scenery totally reminded me of Shangri-La due to how it was shown. Anyone else?

Now that you mention it, yeah it does :D

Yumekichi11 said:
Guess whenSunda touched Nessa, his hand passing through her, I wonder why?

That was interesting. Nessa said that people who really hate her, can't touch her.
Quite ingenious engineering, as people who hate probably want to hurt her, so making them unable to touch her is very clever.
It also raises the question why Sunda (and probably also that old man) has so much hate for doppels, while many other villagers are able to touch Nessa.

Yumekichi11 said:
Guess the hooded figure really is just another doppel that looks like Nessa except this one wear jewelry similar to that of Phryne.

Or she's the real Nessa? After all, doppels are based upon humans.
Real-Nessa might be a true believer of the Fractale system, while Phryne wants to obstruct it - stealing the key, hiding it in doppel-Nessa and leave her with Claine.
Jan 28, 2011 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
Shits just got serious!

I really like it but I never thought I would have such a serious story. It started out with a boy who meets a girl and now were following a terrorist organisation. Interesting to say the least!
Jan 28, 2011 5:06 AM

Aug 2010
I like the setup here with the outsiders who didn't want to be controlled by the system fighting back. Left on a good cliffhanger too.
Jan 28, 2011 5:43 AM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Guess whenSunda touched Nessa, his hand passing through her, I wonder why?
cleo said:
That was interesting. Nessa said that people who really hate her, can't touch her. Quite ingenious engineering, as people who hate probably want to hurt her, so making them unable to touch her is very clever.
Looks to me like a safety mechanism more than anything, what's genious about is that it takes human though and emotions into process to confirm if it should activate.
cleo said:
It also raises the question why Sunda (and probably also that old man) has so much hate for doppels, while many other villagers are able to touch Nessa.
Probably bad past experience or refusal to trust such thing. The same thing will probably happen with clones should it ever happen that we have them at our disposal.
Yumekichi11 said:
Guess the hooded figure really is just another doppel that looks like Nessa except this one wear jewelry similar to that of Phryne.
cleo said:
Or she's the real Nessa? After all, doppels are based upon humans.
Could very well be. If so then I would like a explanation for doppel Nessa other than a data safe.
cleo said:
Real-Nessa might be a true believer of the Fractale system, while Phryne wants to obstruct it - stealing the key, hiding it in doppel-Nessa and leave her with Clain.
Agreed, Phryne knows the negative effects of that system so changing it is normal but the opposition is what I am seeing as being the problem from the looks of how things got ugly at the end of this episode.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.