Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 13, 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
Behind the scenes, Rimuru still plays an important role in making crucial decisions.

Watching Gobta in this tournament is a delight, just seeing how much he's improved after all this time. I think it was a fun tournament overall. The stakes weren't that high and it gave some spotlight to characters we don't see too often.
Sep 13, 8:29 AM

Nov 2021
Man what an entertaining episode. Only 2 more weeks late. Really gonna mis the slime Fridays.
The tournament wasn't something that magnificent. But it gave spotlight and screentime to characters we don't get to see too often otherwise.

Quick question(and a weird one): Masayuki said that there are toilets and bath in this town. So they don't have toilets in other cities?
-AcheronSep 13, 8:33 AM

Sep 13, 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
King Gazel helping in the fund proportions alongside the Sorcerous Nation of Thalion's Elmesia, it's high time that they repay Rimuru, though the latter has no reason to excuse her amidst their rather close and pompous relationship, and royalty like them are worth keeping around...if he didn't have to settle in favour of another nattion's debt as a test from the elf herself. And it seems that she has a grudge over Diablo being a primordial...though she's rather taken aback that Diablo has become like a puppy under Rimuru's care. Regardless, all business between the 3 superpowers is resolved, and thankfully without a hitch.

Back to the Martial Arts Tournament, it's Masayuki vs. Gobta, and the former squeals fear enough for the latter to study him, and I must say that Gobta's Summon Demon Wolf skill to fuse with Ranga, it's quite the rare skill. Still, while Rimuru has his doubts, the transformation didn't quite turn out right enough to earn himself out of commission, invoking both Milim and Hakuro's wrath to train him even more. Fearing the worst that he could get into more trouble by not doing anything, Masayuki seeks his own withdrawal, leaving everyone puzzled, but also having assumptions that ended up increasing his popularity and currying favour amongst the people. In the end, Gobta crashed and burned, but still won with Masayuki being the runner-up; the only thing is the suffering from consequences together with Ranga, whilst the Hero gets his welcome lunch with Rimuru being fellow Japanese peeps in their Japanese speakeasy speech as friends and allies for a start.

I'd agree watching Masayuki be just a normal dude, that's all he wants to be.
Sep 13, 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
Rather anticlimactic, but everything still worked out somehow.

The season feels quite mellow so far, maybe the last two episodes will change that.
Sep 13, 9:19 AM
Sep 2015
Gobta win as I expected.

Dungeon needs adventurers, and this is where Masayuki step in. The writing is simple and effective. Dungeon serves to solve many problems, Veldora, Fairy Goddess, etc.
Sep 13, 9:24 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
The Gobta / Ranga fusion looked as cool as I was hoping it would. And I like how they took the intermission chapter with Elmesia & Gazel, and worked it into the episode.
Sep 13, 9:26 AM

Feb 2019
Another banger episode man they’ve been cooking in this cour. feels like a directorial change or something. Episodes feel a lot more engaging and even in the scenes with dialogue they go by faster. Like Elmesia and Rimuru’s negotiations felt so fun and lively!

Everyone being concerned about Diablo going on a rampage is valid, dude is a primordial of unimaginable strength and seeing him just content as Rimuru assistant gotta feel weird. Glad they were able to work thru all the finer details and we got a new ally for tempest! Just having to notify your friends before you host another festival doesn’t sound too hard to me

“When you ain’t do shit on the assignment and get an A anyway”=gobta today Gobta vs Masayuki was fucking hilarious dude. Whole time masayuki trying to think of a way out of it and then Gobta and Ragna dumbasses knock themselves out 😂 Masayuki declining the win literally made him even more popular so even as the loser he’s the winner, PLUS Gobta has to train with Milim so yea GG

Masayuki and Rimuru now officially friends and he’s gonna be the poster boy of the dungeon, not a bad deal at all I’d say
Marinate1016Sep 13, 10:28 AM
Sep 13, 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
Reply to -Acheron
Man what an entertaining episode. Only 2 more weeks late. Really gonna mis the slime Fridays.
The tournament wasn't something that magnificent. But it gave spotlight and screentime to characters we don't get to see too often otherwise.

Quick question(and a weird one): Masayuki said that there are toilets and bath in this town. So they don't have toilets in other cities?
@-Acheron He means that the toilets in this town is in Japanese style, the high tech one that can clean your ass automatically with just one touch (Search "Washlet" for more information). Yes, monster species in this town are using the high-tech toilet that even has function to warm the toilet seat in winter while human in other town have to wipe their own ass with some leaves, and that's probably why Jura-Tempest Federation unintentionally creates so many enemies.
Sep 13, 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
Here, I only have pocket change which is almost as much as Gazel could manage to put together but pay it no mind. The pure flex, which also indicates just how much more power and wealth she has. Loved to have more Elmesia, she's amusing. Also Rimuru still doesn't know what Diablo truly is.

Gobta self destructed after merging with Ranga and becoming WereGarurumon lookalike. Though it's nice that Masayuki joined Rimuru. Should be good to have him with his op unique skill.
Sep 13, 9:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Between Gazel and Elmesia thats one hell of an alliance that Rimuru secured. Still Elmesia's more free spirited than i thought. Only royalty can call a thousand gold as pocket change though. It was cute seeing her be shocked by Rimuru's answer. The fusion Gobta and Ranga form was pretty impressive. Too bad his control off it was so dismal. Gobta's sure got a long hard road ahead being trained by Milum. That talk that Rimuru had with the hero was pretty fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 10:22 AM

May 2019
In an earlier episode Rimuru and Mjöllmile were fretting over not having a currency made to pay off some debts and Rimuru ended up doing what I thought he should in consulting with Gazel although Elmesia joined the group and he was able to trade some stellar coins he had for gold coins. That should take care of the debts and I'm curious to see which group was trying to take advantage of the situation.

Regarding the tournament, it was anticlimactic in the way it ended but at least the hero and Rimuru were able to meet and clear up any misunderstandings. On a side note I do feel bad for Gobta for his upcoming brutal training, and that was after his cool fusion transformation and winning the tournament (yeah if he didn't botch the match he most likely wouldn't have to endure Milim's training).
Sep 13, 10:36 AM
Aug 2024
Good comedy and less yapping like previous episodes, cant wait for ep 23
Sep 13, 10:42 AM

Jan 2024
Haha that was funny. As always a great and comfy start into the weekend.
Sep 13, 10:43 AM

Feb 2011
one small fight and more "conversation-the anime"

why was the empress stressing about diablo going crazy? I know he's dumb powerful but he even spared king Edward.. much to his displeasure, he seems like he's well under control.

idk, seemed like she was stirring the pot for fun. anyway

2/5 episode.

Sep 13, 10:59 AM
May 2022
Am I the only one concerned about how insanely dangerous Masayuki’s unique skill is? It’s effectively brainwashing that he has no control over; it has the power to ruin lives and bring down countries.
Sep 13, 11:11 AM
Sep 2012
masayuki becoming the poster boy for the dungeon event made me lol. matsuoka can't escape kirito whoever he voices now xD
Sep 13, 11:34 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Scootboi
one small fight and more "conversation-the anime"

why was the empress stressing about diablo going crazy? I know he's dumb powerful but he even spared king Edward.. much to his displeasure, he seems like he's well under control.

idk, seemed like she was stirring the pot for fun. anyway

2/5 episode.
@Scootboi She is afraid of him, because she knows who he really is (apparently she's the only one in the room who knows). Rimuru basically said "Don't worry I'm stronger than him" to her
Sep 13, 11:47 AM
Mar 2015
Rimuru gains a friend and ally in the chosen one
Sep 13, 12:38 PM
Nov 2020
-Acheron said:

I think he means flushable toilets, while others are more like midevil toilets, where the waste drops for a while then has to be cleaned up
Sep 13, 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
...and so Masayuki joined Rimuru's main story. Nice!
I'm hoping to see the other primordial characters as well.. OwO

Gotta like Masayuki's inner voices... definitely enjoyable.

We also got to see a few moments of our loli-hag, Milim. Goodbye Gobta and Ranga.

P.S. Angry Milim is adorable.
CrazyButNot4USep 13, 12:47 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 13, 1:31 PM

May 2021
tensura being entertaining like before... when it's about to end smh! masayuki being in a sao-esque situation, really ironic fr. hope they get along well before something happens.

Sep 13, 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Rimuru was able to get help and advice from Gazel and Elmesia when it came to dealing with the debt issue. Elmesia is pretty fun to see her chat away with Rimuru, although she was wary of Diablo at first, which is understandable. After that, it was the final match of the tournament between Masayuki and Gobta.

Gobta fusing himself with Ranga was pretty cool and the potential for this is huge. However, the inexperience of this fusion did make Gobta charge at full speed and knock him and Ranga unconscious. Mlilm summed this up perfectly with how she went from gushing like a fangirl to being VERY pissed off at the result, even going as far as to criticise Rimuru for being too soft on Gobta. She was spot on with that statement, so it's good to see her wanting to train Gobta and Ranga herself. Best of luck surviving her training regime, you two! XD

I do respect Masayuki for forfeiting the match and giving victory to Gobta. Not only that, but his personal talk with Rimuru was hugely successful and the two of them got on extremely well. With that done, I can look forward to seeing the dungeon in action next time.
Sep 13, 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
Gobta and Ranga you dummies... oh well cheaters never win so their punishment is a fate worse than death, I can't imagine the hell they will go through when even Milim got serious.
Sep 13, 2:54 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Limi
Rather anticlimactic, but everything still worked out somehow.

The season feels quite mellow so far, maybe the last two episodes will change that.
Limi said:
i really really hope they do
Sep 13, 3:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As much as I like Elmesia, I didn’t really care much for her discussion with Rimuru, it was basically just the money is no longer a problem and Elmesia is now an ally with practically no cost, I guess the stuff about Diablo was kinda interesting but this man ain’t ever gonna betray Rimuru, he’s his number one simp, unless this is all an elaborate plot to eventually turn on Rimuru but I doubt that.

And unfortunately I also didn’t like the ending to the tournament very much either, it was a bit underwhelming with no real fight happening, but I’ll give it this, it was pretty funny lol, Gobta gains a new fusion with Ranga and just nukes himself giving Masayuki the win, it’s just unfortunate Masayuki handed over the win to Gobta for his own sake, but I guess the lad doesn’t even have any kind of strength and it’s just his unique skill so I get it, just a bit of a letdown. And afterward Masayuki became allies with Rimuru, so now Rimuru has yet another powerful ally in the same episode, but then again I guess it’s more like “powerful” with Masayuki lol, his skill is still crazy handy tho, I’m sure it will be used in the future if Rimuru ever needs to “convince” a group of people.

But in the end, I guess this tournament was simply a way of buffing Gobta and getting him among the strongest of Rimuru’s subordinates, as well as giving Rimuru a brainwashing tool, I wish it could have been more than this but it is what it is, we got two episodes left and the dungeon is finally coming into play so I’m interested in seeing what that’s about.
Sep 13, 3:04 PM

Dec 2021
Can't believe that Elmesia gave all that gold just because she wanted to meet that chef... LOL.

And ey now, that's MY GOAT GOBTA. Ma boy finally caught a dub and not just random strays. Though, I think it'll be a while before we see him again... seeing as Milim's gonna have some fun with him xD

Sep 13, 3:43 PM
Nov 2023
IzanaSolos said:
Can't believe that Elmesia gave all that gold just because she wanted to meet that chef... LOL.

And ey now, that's MY GOAT GOBTA. Ma boy finally caught a dub and not just random strays. Though, I think it'll be a while before we see him again... seeing as Milim's gonna have some fun with him xD

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t like to spend a while in a dark secluded place with Milim sama!? Lucky Gobta!!!!
Sep 13, 4:05 PM

Sep 2016
Surprised they crammed so much in this episode, I totally expected it being completely about the talk of the first half.

They ended up cutting a lot of dialogue, especially the first part.
They also omitted why Gobta failed and smashed the wall (basically Gobta and Ranga reason at different speeds and Gobta's brain couldn't keep up with Ranga's movement speed and make him steer in time).
Welp.

At least we may get some more dungeon action in the last two eps.
We may even see
bruh
Sep 13, 4:21 PM

Jun 2023
Not really “pocket change” when it piles on the table lol

Great ep
Sep 13, 4:30 PM
Oct 2016
Rimuru avoids disaster by escaping this trap set for him with the currency exchange. Both his main allies coming through to help solve this issues and avoid Rimuru going into debt to the wrong people. Dwargon and Elmesia both come to bail Rimuru out in their own ways. Elmesia is so fun to watch as she talks to Dwargon like he's a boy and then had a thousand gold coins as pocket change she can just hand over to Rimuru. Talk about having the right friends, Rimuru is lucky to have these two willing to offer help like this. Elmesia asking about Diablo was interesting since we know he's a super strong demon and if he does rampage one day it would be up to Rimuru to stop him. But knowing Diablo I doubt he would go against Rimuru like that. Elmesia reaction to Rimuru answer was kinda cute in that she didn't expect that. The conclusion of the tournament went about as expected with Masayuki forfeiting and allowing Gobta to take the win. Masayuki literally shaking in his boots at seeing Gobta and Ranga combined form was too funny. He really thought he was gonna die until the duo exploded. Making the smart executive decision to step aside and not fight Rimuru. Milim dragging away Gobta and Ranga for training because their fusion looked cool made me laugh, poor guys. Masayuki talking with Rimuru to end the episode, spilling about his unique skill and how its caused all this. Rimuru very receptive to Masayuki since they're in similar boats with crazy skills. Rimuru gaining another new ally just as the dungeon opens!
Sep 13, 4:41 PM

Apr 2019
Elf Queen gives money to Rimuru and the Hero Masayuki pledges his allegiance to Rimuru
Sep 13, 6:06 PM

Dec 2015
Rip Gobta and Ranga xD Milim pls go easy on them lol
Sep 13, 6:06 PM

May 2018
Reply to FullyCharged
Surprised they crammed so much in this episode, I totally expected it being completely about the talk of the first half.

They ended up cutting a lot of dialogue, especially the first part.
They also omitted why Gobta failed and smashed the wall (basically Gobta and Ranga reason at different speeds and Gobta's brain couldn't keep up with Ranga's movement speed and make him steer in time).
Welp.

At least we may get some more dungeon action in the last two eps.
We may even see
@FullyCharged That's good thing they take feedback, maybe people in production reading this forum. At least second half they change the way it presented to supposed to be animation not like manga panel showing powerpoint presentations with voice.

with that being said, there still some of still frame for few second when they talk. but the way they talk is improve, previously they talk so slow like in dramatic way to extend running duration.

I dont know if this will keep improving or decline back to manga panel powerpoint and the character talk so slow to the point I increase playback speed to 1.5x. because know they actually working to tell the story in medium of animation, it's animation not manga so cut some unnecessary part and just show the summary or showing it by action and just let the viewer draw conclusions without telling it directly.
Sep 13, 6:16 PM

Aug 2019
Oh boy, they cut out a few bits and pieces here and there. Like the part explaining why Gobta's fusion failed and went out of bounds...

Also, the whole point of Gobta entering the tournament was to see what powers Masayuki has. Because the tournament ended and they didn't achieve this goal Diablo is thinking about overwriting everyone's memories. But Raphael already knows he's weak because his heart was beating like the King Engine the whole time.

The part about why Rimuru and gang are not affected by Masayuki's skill is also missing from the episode.
Sep 13, 6:36 PM

Sep 2007
I couldn't help but smile several times this episode. Diablo grinning when Rimuru said he'd "take care of it if he went berserk" and how he called Diablo a tame little puppy made me lol so hard...
and then the dialogue at the end with Masayuki "following Rimuru forever" or however he phrased also got me a laugh pretty hard too.

But still a little peeved they didn't bring up Masayuki's party-mates again and get them to apologize (or spanked or something)....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 13, 6:57 PM
Oct 2010
Reply to ajw215799
Am I the only one concerned about how insanely dangerous Masayuki’s unique skill is? It’s effectively brainwashing that he has no control over; it has the power to ruin lives and bring down countries.
@ajw215799 Nope, not the only one at all. That power is absolutely one that no country out there should want running loose in their borders, uncontrolled, the potential for abuse and misuse is just too high and the ensuing damage would be incalculable. No matter how 'good' he appears, they should want him either on a tight leash or buried so far in a hole in the ground prison that he has no chance of escape.

We already saw last season how lethally effective a mind control ability can be, with the scum slave heroes manufacturing a justification for the invasion. The scope of Masayuki's ability in comparison to hers is overwhelming, to the point where it practically changes reality in people's minds to fit the narrative that suits him best without him having to do a thing. That's terrifying.

He's a good kid, but I absolutely hate him as a character/gag character/plot device.
Sep 13, 8:38 PM
Sep 2024
This chapter was very funny
Sep 13, 11:22 PM
May 2022
Reply to Tarrian
@ajw215799 Nope, not the only one at all. That power is absolutely one that no country out there should want running loose in their borders, uncontrolled, the potential for abuse and misuse is just too high and the ensuing damage would be incalculable. No matter how 'good' he appears, they should want him either on a tight leash or buried so far in a hole in the ground prison that he has no chance of escape.

We already saw last season how lethally effective a mind control ability can be, with the scum slave heroes manufacturing a justification for the invasion. The scope of Masayuki's ability in comparison to hers is overwhelming, to the point where it practically changes reality in people's minds to fit the narrative that suits him best without him having to do a thing. That's terrifying.

He's a good kid, but I absolutely hate him as a character/gag character/plot device.
@Tarrian the danger is intensified because he can’t even speak up for himself and his followers are so brainwashed that they think they are speaking on his behalf but because they never give him the chance to speak, they don’t know the first thing about him and just end up making any situation worse, like the first meeting with Rimuru
Sep 14, 2:09 AM

Feb 2018
Kirito's VA is becoming a beta tester in this anime too lmao. Welp, Masayuki and Rimuru are now buddy-buddy I guess.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 14, 4:25 AM

Dec 2010
I think I'm not going to continue following the series after this season.
Sep 14, 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
There's still meetings till now lol but at least the whole episode is not boring
Sep 14, 5:20 AM
Dec 2022
The festival went without a hitch. Rimuru got the funds from King Gazel and Emelsia. Gopta wins the tournament only to be sent to train with Lady Milim. Hero Masayuki agrees to work for Rimuru.
Sep 14, 8:16 AM
Jun 2007
Emelsia officially an ally and so is Masayuki Hero!
Gobta and Ranga fusion was cool but hope Milim will "whip" them to be better!
Sep 14, 9:08 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Alas, Masayuki ended up winning the tournament just the way he started it: by doing absolutely nothing. Gobta showing off his new skill was backfired by misaiming the target and then getting scolded by Millim, his and Ranga's new training teacher. I don't hate Masayuki's BS, it's mostly funny to see what kind of excuses people come up with for his actions even when they not ill intended.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 14, 10:24 AM
Aug 2022
Não tem o mesmo hype de antes, mas continua bom.
Sep 14, 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
Given the voice actor I want a version of SAO with Kirito never actually doing anything, but everything falling in place regardless
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 14, 1:58 PM

Feb 2011
Reply to netobiker
@Scootboi She is afraid of him, because she knows who he really is (apparently she's the only one in the room who knows). Rimuru basically said "Don't worry I'm stronger than him" to her
@netobiker I understand she knew he was the primordial black, but he wasn't doing anything to warrant the suspicion.

Sep 14, 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
LOL @ Rimuru still not knowing about Diablo's true form.

And ElfQueen is funny too,

Also, Diablo's very happy to know what Rimuru things about him, as a puppy... LOOOL

And CheatHero wins by luck again... well, with Gobta sabotaging himself, lol.

And just like before, everyone's thought process is mindcontrolled to praise CheatHero regardless, even if the person himself declared he lost and said he couldn't see the attack, but everyone pretty much ignored that.

The only people that isn't affect is as also shown, Rimuru and stronger ppls that doesn't do random cheers.

But it's also funny, since CheatHero is pretty much going wild-geass that he can't control and it's always active and affects everyone around him even if he just wants a normal adventure.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 14, 3:55 PM
Aug 2024
-Acheron said:

I would think they had other forms of toilets but not the modern ones
Sep 14, 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
Gobta + Ranga = slapstick! Who knew! The fusion was awesome!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20

62 by SevWren »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16

68 by Little_Words »»
7 hours ago

» Is this show for kids?

ghier - Sep 24

12 by CheliosX »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30

96 by Darkzepheran »»
Yesterday, 6:30 AM

» Help me manga readers, I want to know about the tenma war arc.

Hickykissy - Sep 23

7 by SATAN19 »»
Sep 24, 9:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.