Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ishura
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, this finale and in fact, the battles up to this point felt like it didn't truly resolve everything. Then, there's the idea of this show trying to find its next hero.

Very underwhelming finale imo but at the same time, they announced another season....so it seems this served as a finale buildup.

https://twitter.com/ishura_anime/status/1770456785746608154
Mar 20, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
The shuras huh. That probably makes our boy Yagyu the ishura, then.

Taren the Punished, filled with caution, gazes upon the collapsed New Principality of Lithia. What purpose drove this war into being? As commanded to assassinate Taren the Punished, Kuze the Passing Disaster questions Taren about the true reasons behind igniting the war; meanwhile, the survivors of the battle in the New Principality of Lithia, known as 'shuras,' each carry their own ambitions as they set their sights on Aureatia. All in preparation for a new battle to determine the 'true hero,' and each with their own motives.

Ah, so Curte is Taren's daughter, huh? It makes sense why Taren would allow wyverns and humans to coexist, even though it sounds like a terrible idea. No wonder this world is a mess; everyone and everything is falling apart. I wouldn't be surprised if the True Demon King is still alive. Only a monster like that could cause this much chaos. Yagyu and Yuno seem to be the only ones who haven't been through much, but we know they've had their struggles, especially Yuno. And now Nihilo's dead... great. People want a hero? They should look at the monsters that destroyed Lithia. Passione really dropped the ball on this one.

I was looking forward to the tournament arc we were promised, but we're just getting started now, as the show ends... unbelievable. I doubt there will be a second season, so there goes my reason for watching. Season 2 indeed is coming.

Let the TRUE tournament arc begin in season 2
https://twitter.com/ishura_anime/status/1770456785746608154

This show isn't great, but it's not terrible either. It's just okay, nothing special.

Jul 2017
Taren is confronted by both Kuze and Nastique, though he failed to secure Curte in the peril of Lithia's downfall from rule. Using mercenaries and wyverns may have been Taren's approach, but her time is officially over, and all she needed was a Hero, the True Hero who can stand above all fear.

Lana rejecting both Elea and Kia as she learns that the True Demon King is dead, and all is left is the remnants of the monsters a.k.a Shuras lying around in death, and her death from the former's Life Arts slow-acting poison, she didn't trust her at all. Over in Mage City, the damage to it is quite extensive, and since Taren is now gone, both Lithia and Aureatia can finally be merged together. But the innocent Kia still has to learn more about the world, and her only trust is Elea.

Kuze lamenting on the loss of soldiers, and he too, wants to save people out of calamity. As for Soujirou and Yuno, the former just wants to go berserk with his own terms, while the latter now straddles with him together. Hidow expressing regret that he couldn't save Nihilo, soon gets targeted by Alus who does not want the Cold Star, but to participate in the Imperial Competition, which he endorses. This has already been documented through Jelki the Swift Ink the year ago, knowing that the True Hero has not come to claim his/her title. This troubles him, though Yuca and Elea (dragging Aureatia's Queen Sephite for a walk) participates in the opinion of how to honour this Hero, and the Queen herself issues a decree for self-proclaimed Heroes who want to be bestowed the True Hero title.

It's time to choose the Hero Shura, out of 4 possible candidates: Alus, Kia, Nastique and Soujirou.

Season 1 is just mere setup...and Season 2 is on the way...onwards with the TRUE battle royale!
KANLen09Mar 20, 7:52 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverMar 20, 7:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 20, 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
Taren not shown dead gives me some hope? Maybe she's alive? Elea killed Lana after all, noway she was gonna let her live. What a shitshow this turned out to be, the most infuriating shit I've watched in a while. The concept was good but really hated how the likeable characters all died and now the piece of shits are just left. I was really hoping for this to get a new season which it got but Idk what to even look forward to anymore.
MegamiRemApr 29, 8:18 AM
Mar 20, 7:48 AM

Dec 2010
Anyone willing to bet that the actual tournament will start only close to the end of a second season?
Mar 20, 7:57 AM

Mar 2021
Nice to see the announcement of a second season I hope in season 2 we can jump straight in to the tournament and not just have another season of just bulld up.
Mar 20, 7:59 AM
Sep 2015
This feels like a story that can expand into hundreds of episodes but it's almost impossible to get the whole thing adapt into anime, even with season 2 announcement I still have doubt. But it shouldn't be a problem, after all, most adaptation anime don't make it to the end.
Mar 20, 8:08 AM
Feb 2021
Chipp12 said:
Anyone willing to bet that the actual tournament will start only close to the end of a second season?

From what I know, the tournament starts sometime in volume 3. Season 1 covered volume 1, so take that as you will.
Mar 20, 8:26 AM
Feb 2020
The Queen looks and sound like Illya from Fate.Intresting they never made out Shalk as a shura the entire time.

Actually enjoyed the series more than most ppl. 8/10
Mar 20, 9:40 AM

Feb 2019
Man I’m gonna miss this show. One of the most unique series I’ve seen. Season 2 announced luckily, can’t wait to see what Passione cook up.

In terms of the finale, feels like everyone’s firmly on their path to the battle royale now in the aftermath of the mage city battle. I wish we would’ve got more action in this one, but I respect the build up and world building. You don’t see entire seasons of set up often for seasonal anime.

RIP Lana, knew Elea was gonna take her out, but damn it still hurt to see her choking on her own blood like that. Awful way to go and alone:/

Idk it does seem like Elea cares about Kia a little bit beyond just her world word ability, but obviously her main priority is using Kia’s OP strength for her political gain. If Kia ever finds out that Lana died.. wonder how that’ll go. It’s funny that despite how OP her ability is, her weakness is basically just being a young girl and not having all the answers. A very human scenario.

So the queen of Jelik is a little girl, but she doesn’t seem easily manipulated at all.. something about her is very scary.

And that’s all she wrote.. yea this felt like the world’s longest character selection screen, but I enjoyed it a lot. The different characters’ viewpoints, the unique abilities, the fights, a lot of potential in this world and to only get 1 volume in 12 episodes is such a rarity with modern LN adaptions. Can’t wait for s2.
Marinate1016Mar 20, 10:23 AM
Mar 20, 10:18 AM

Jan 2013
Yuno is such a self righteous bitch....cant stand her.
Mar 20, 10:38 AM

Jan 2015
This was a great wrap up episode to the first arc and the first volume. Lithia was utterly annihilated. I'd say they stood no chance. We lost pretty much everyone from Lithia's side except Shalk (which is nice, he is one the most interesting characters imo). We got Kuze's resolution to become a hero and save everyone (a bit simpleminded and naive, but very like him). We got Alus's resolution to join a tournament, cause he wants to defeat Harghent. We got Kia's growth, realizing that she can't save everyone with her powers and asks Elea to teach her(back when we first saw her, she was a lot more arrogant and acted cheekily towards Elea, but now she grew to respect her. Well she is the only parent character in her life, so she has no choice but to trust her. Too bad she is being manipulated). And we got Soujirou being Soujirou, nothing new.

And, so far we got 4 characters joining the tournament.
1)Alus(confirmed)
2)Kia(Elea is gonna endorse her, so also confirmed)
3)Kuze(hinted)
4)Soujirou(he likes battles and is super strong, surely someone will endorse him)

RIP Lana, her death hit me really hard in the novel, but unfortunately not so much in the anime. Btw for those wondering, in the novel it was explicitly stated that Elea pressed her fingers to her lips and that's how the poison was transferred. Anime made it to transfer via air which is just dumb.(I guess it made it sorta like Higuare's poison, but his poison is special, it won't work for Elea)

Anyway it was a great anime, my favorite of the season. Too bad many disliked it. Definitely enjoyed Kia's story the most (and also further in the novel). Also Kuze's, Higuare's and Shalks's story.

And Kia, Lana, Shalk, Higuare and Kuze were my favorite characters. Too bad for Lana and Higuare though :(
Mar 20, 10:41 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to Chipp12
@Chipp12 The 2nd volume of the novels is fairly short compared to this first and the Royal Games start mid volume 3, so hopefully s2 will cover all the remaining participants and tease us with the first fight
Mar 20, 10:52 AM

Mar 2013
It finally ended. What a confusing series even in its completion.

I will miss Yuno and Sojirou, they're the only characters I want to watch, you could also add that old man who is being stalked by an invisible creature. The wyvern is just too OP.

Oh, wait... there's a 2nd cour coming? lol?

No choice but to ship these two... 😖

P.S. Lana still died or probably got killed in the end by Elea? 🤔
CrazyButNot4UMar 20, 11:05 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 20, 11:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Not surprised to see a 2nd season of this show guaranteed already, considering how popular it was among the seasonal shows. For non-readers, I imagine this must've been really hard to follow, and I happen to be on this side of the spectrum too. Lots of exposition and battles in a haphazard way, I can't say I find myself thinking this show is decent anymore as I did during its premiere.

Princess in the end there with the messed-up idea of cooking a hero. That's interesting! And with the Prof. alongside, there's definitely more to her than that catches the eye. Responsible for Lena's death as well, for one. Star runner, on the other hand, was the first to seal the deal, that's smart of him.

Going to have to settle for an average for this one, but here's to hoping the sequel will be better!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 20, 11:28 AM
Oct 2016
The episode explains how the war was planned and why it had to happen, hopefully the next season doesn't have 5 episodes of intros. If next season gets straight into the action, I think we might get a rating of 7+, the first season did a lot of world building and character development, and had a very short simple plot. Now that the universe is set, lets see some action and a sophisticated and new story!!
Mar 20, 11:44 AM

Apr 2012
Way I see it, this entire season ended up being one giant Prologue for Ishura's story. In which case, it's certainly a good thing that they immediately announced a season 2, because otherwise I would consider this to have been the definition of "Trying to sell us the source material". If the premise of the series was "A world holds a tournament to decide the Hero" and the anime never actually showed any of that tournament, I'd feel cheated.
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Jan 2010
what a way to add salt to the wound showing nihilo again... I wanted to forget ;A;

well, that's that. I'll give it 8/10. Looking foward to the second season, this anime was underrated.
Mar 20, 3:19 PM

Nov 2011
Too many characters and not enough investment in the main main characters backstories. Honestly lost interest up until the main fighting happened but even that was underwhelming. We'll see how season 2 goes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 20, 3:29 PM
Sep 2012
I'm glad that we'll see the continuation of the anime. The anime is better than the score would make you think.

Premise and plot are pretty basic. But it makes up for that with interesting world-building, vast and unique characters, and no plot armor to speak of.
Mar 20, 3:55 PM
Dec 2021
personally, i did not enjoy this anime much.
Mar 20, 5:33 PM
Jul 2021
This seasonal finale is somehow more ambitious and thematically complete than I expected it to be. I was captivated by this series from EP1, to be honest, partially because I am a huge fan of the From Software games. For a good portion of the 1st season, the plot was not moving but random characters piled up, which was concerning. Yet the last few episodes saved this show for me. This finale is a testament to the talent of the light novel author, that they managed to tie all the character arcs thematically with the series premier and the seemingly absurd premise. Now we know that this story is more than just a Dark Souls Tournament. 7.5/10 for Season 1.
Mar 20, 5:41 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to KANLen09
Taren is confronted by both Kuze and Nastique, though he failed to secure Curte in the peril of Lithia's downfall from rule. Using mercenaries and wyverns may have been Taren's approach, but her time is officially over, and all she needed was a Hero, the True Hero who can stand above all fear.

Lana rejecting both Elea and Kia as she learns that the True Demon King is dead, and all is left is the remnants of the monsters a.k.a Shuras lying around in death, and her death from the former's Life Arts slow-acting poison, she didn't trust her at all. Over in Mage City, the damage to it is quite extensive, and since Taren is now gone, both Lithia and Aureatia can finally be merged together. But the innocent Kia still has to learn more about the world, and her only trust is Elea.

Kuze lamenting on the loss of soldiers, and he too, wants to save people out of calamity. As for Soujirou and Yuno, the former just wants to go berserk with his own terms, while the latter now straddles with him together. Hidow expressing regret that he couldn't save Nihilo, soon gets targeted by Alus who does not want the Cold Star, but to participate in the Imperial Competition, which he endorses. This has already been documented through Jelki the Swift Ink the year ago, knowing that the True Hero has not come to claim his/her title. This troubles him, though Yuca and Elea (dragging Aureatia's Queen Sephite for a walk) participates in the opinion of how to honour this Hero, and the Queen herself issues a decree for self-proclaimed Heroes who want to be bestowed the True Hero title.

It's time to choose the Hero Shura, out of 4 possible candidates: Alus, Kia, Nastique and Soujirou.

Season 1 is just mere setup...and Season 2 is on the way...onwards with the TRUE battle royale!
Do you use AI to write these?
Mar 20, 7:07 PM

Dec 2022
This first arc was basically a set up for something bigger. It decently presented part of the world. It was also a pretty good setup: let's make the biggest powerhouses kill each other so they won't threaten the world anymore. It's good, reminds me a bit of The Boys. Heroes can be at your side, but if they decide to go against you, it's over.
Mar 20, 7:36 PM

Oct 2022
Now that we set the stage, the competition to decide the next Hero can go underway in season two.

Mar 20, 7:57 PM

Jun 2015
The most underrated anime of the year. I can't believe how little people's attention spans have become. Just because the show takes a few episodes to set up the world and the character before putting in action everyone just starts hating on this. I saw someone call it hate-watching and I think that sounds about right. This is way better than the rating it has on the anime page. The main characters are Soujirou and Yuno. I actually love Yuno's character. A lot of people were wishing for her to die cause they found her to be annoying for wanting revenge on Dakai but I think her emotions are grounded and should be respected. Her perspective of ants vs monsters is something a lot of shows just skip over. The world DOES matter. the people do matter. Not caring about civilian casualties is NOT cool.

8/10 anime. I'm waiting for season 2.
Read Toriko!
Mar 20, 8:27 PM

Nov 2022
Kind of a mixed bag for me. The world-building was interesting and I like that the tournament we're heading towards has that sneaky dual purpose of finding the/a hero and removing possible demon king candidates at the same time. On the other hand I don't care much about most of the characters, every little thing needed to be narrated for some reason which slowed the pace to a grind at times and the action was only good at its best moments. Overall 6/10, if the next season gets a lot of love I'll play catch-up, otherwise I'm gonna leave it here.
Mar 20, 8:50 PM

Oct 2022
I've been rooting for Soujiro since the start, but that world word kind broke. I think my boy can out pace the angel, though. And Alus has literally no shot haha. Man is so ridiculously outmatched, it's not even funny.
UndefeatedBahamut
Mar 20, 9:28 PM

Nov 2021
This was a solid anime tbh. It had a nice art style and some great fights here and there, and the characters were pretty cool. It definitely started to pick up in the second half but I'm glad I gave this a chance. Really enjoyed the world building as well. Did not expect Passione to pull off such a show but they did. Hype for season 2!!
Mar 21, 12:15 AM

Dec 2022
Looking forward to a S2! Dragged out a bit yes, but lol, now we know who everyone is and the real battle royale will be next time. Here's a quick guess at what might happen, maybe not next season but at some point Elea gets killed and Kia goes nuts and hmm Soujirou has to stop her? Sounds about right I'd say. I wanna see more from Alus too. Love the talking dragons.
Mar 21, 12:37 AM

Oct 2022
Ishura. Such an oddly interesting anime. All the characters felt so real. I'm really excited for season 2.

Farewell until then.

Mar 21, 2:01 AM
Nov 2018
Hmmm so girl wants a hero but someone strong enough to fight all these monsters would be seen as another monster in the end.
Anime takes so long to introduce characters just to kill them quickly. This is stupid.
Mar 21, 3:06 AM

Nov 2022
Solid show, great in some respects, undercooked in others. The world building was nice, characters are actually sensible which is a rarity in anime, fights were sometimes clever and not overly drawn out, good animation and directing overall.

Most relevant shortcoming is probably pacing. It's a bit rushed in places, the characters didn't have much time to round out before getting unceremoniously offed. Art is a little stale too in some ways, but not bad by any means. 7/10
Mar 21, 3:32 AM

Oct 2022
My heart goes out to Kia, trusting Elea with everything she's got, unaware of being used and the betrayal lurking beneath. With Aureatia closing in, her home's safety compromised. Lana's loss hits hard. Eta's fate uncertain. Season 2, come through.
Mar 21, 5:36 AM
Apr 2021
Solid show imo just a little confusing at the start but I knew everything would make sense as the episodes were being released i feel like this should be a season with 24 episodes but hey at least we’re getting a season 2 so that’s good for the story to progress so everything makes even more sense

Not my girls Lana and Nihilo they were my favourites ngl, seeing Lana coughing up blood and Nihilo’s headless body wasn’t what I wanted to see man I wanted to see them happy😔😔😔😔

We finally get to meet the dude with the glasses near the end of the opening and bros like I expected…a serious dude but let me address the elephant in the room……IS JELKI VOICED BY DIO!!?!?!🫨🫨🫨

Soujirou and Yuno are now closer than ever bc bro would’ve left her but he didn’t and now Yuno is more open to Soujirou which is nice for her considering she hated and despised bro in episode 1 for being selfish asf💀

Elea is such a snake ass bitch ong but I like her bc everything she does is calculated, precise and all done for her own goal which is to protect Kia from being used and abused for her World Word but tbh I still have the feeling she’s corrupting her just like with the Queen, her eyes looked deadpan like Elea used some magic art on her. Im still weary of Elea’s character and one more thing why I like her…she’s HOT😩

So season 2 is gonna be about the Imperial Competition which gets me hyped tbh I love a good ol fashion Battle Royale man and I hope we get to learn more about the Distant World, Studio Passione I hope they do good with the next season like they did with this one🔥🔥🤩
Treyv0nMar 21, 5:41 AM
Mar 21, 6:18 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hah was wondering where the hell the plot of battle royale at? Then that's it the announcement of continuation. A very respected decision to this death series id say.

Well the aftermath tho. Shame Nastique and Kuze won't even dare giving such a 'clear' way to save Taren. But eh since its already obvious enough that's all the prelude drama of Lithia on this first season. Also, smh Dakai and Nihilo are the two most interesting character and thought they might survive till the day of battle royale comes in, and they just died way too early id say.

All in all, the true mc needs to stay alive. Soujiro and Yuno the Guide? Smh just smh... Well at least there's still Kia my naive young elf, wish her to opened her eyes more widely. Then Alus as well getting the sponsor and ready to tackle the royale competition. And many more coming, ill wait here in patience....

At the end of the day, this is actually a pretty interesting story, but nothing so outstanding backing with such a mid to below visual. Oped okay, va just nice. There's nothing really worth the mention furthermore.

Ishura, i wish you gets more good contain on the next installment.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 21, 7:11 AM

Dec 2022
I'm not surprised Alus survived, the star runner is a cold name. I knew Kia would survive, she's the strongest one if she uses her words right. Didn't think Nastique would make it, but good for him! I knew Soujirou would make it, simply because he's my favorite character of the series.
Mar 21, 7:12 AM

Jun 2016
always interesting when soujiro and yuno appeared !!
Mar 21, 7:39 AM

Oct 2022
Great start for the show. Not without flaws but overall well done. Season 2 already got confirmed so let's hope it's even better.
Mar 21, 8:08 AM
Apr 2023
The prelude is finally done and the actual plot indicated by the title 'Ishura' is about to happen.
Season 2 should be more interesting now and hopefully they also maintain the balance of world-building and actual action/combat.
Mar 21, 8:20 AM

Dec 2022
Im glad Alus got his recognition, everything he did was well in his calculations. He even took out what Rejeenee held in regard.

Mar 21, 8:23 PM

May 2019
Well it's a relief that a 2nd season was announced right after this ended because this 1st season felt like a long prologue with a bunch of characters introduced although some of them ended up dying before the fighting tournament started. Btw the young queen that was accompanied by Elea seems to know what's going on and I noticed that Jelki, the minister guy, was surprised that she knew about the search for a "true" hero and even seemed a bit disturbed.

Anyways, I mostly enjoyed this 1st season although the first half of the series was a bit confusing since the first few episodes introduced new characters without any connection with the previous episodes until all characters got introduced, although once the introductions started the story, action, and pacing picked up. Having said that I'm looking forward to the next season.

7/10
Mar 21, 9:54 PM

Oct 2022
Took a little bit to understand but overall, I really enjoyed this series. I do feel for Lana though... Looking forward to season 2!
Mar 22, 7:25 AM

Jun 2008
Very underwhelming, lost interest half way through. Won't be watching the S2.
Mar 22, 7:36 AM

Dec 2022
Honestly I enjoyed it. I'm glad there's a season 2.
Mar 22, 7:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, two points, the first the day after of the war and the second one year before the war and the born of a new arc!
kekeke

In general was a irregular anime, nice first episode, horribles the next ones, and ended walk for a regular

4/10

Mar 24, 7:10 AM

Feb 2021
Probably almost no one will read this, but oh well.
12:39 This week's eyecatch:
Hero
The one who slayed the "True Demon King", ending the era of the Demon King.
Name unknown. Alive or dead unknown. Existence unknown (as in it's unknown if they actually existed or not).

8/10
Really enjoyed this! Many people disliked how episodes 1-5 were all introductions, but I didn't mind it. And when everything connected, and all the characters were moving and doing something at the same time in different places, this became super interesting.
I also heard that this whole season only adapted one volume of the LN, and this made me so happy. They are really carefully adapting this. The fact that this didn't get popular neither in Japan, nor outside of it is a shame, I guess this type of story just works better in a novel format.
Definitely looking forward to the next season!
Mar 28, 6:41 AM

Oct 2008
alright! way to go on executing the last episode of S1! it was great! there's more content incoming for S2! can't wait for it!
5/5.
9/10.

Mar 28, 12:28 PM

Dec 2022
well didnt expect to like this the first two episodes were do boring that i quit and now i binched this like really the first 5 episodes are introductions though because of this back story this anime got good world building

also what makes this special is how unpredictable this is people who get bored from watching the generic anime fantasy world this will give you a new taste anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Please tell me this only has 1 season

MyllerPhiem - Mar 6

14 by hiraishinx »»
Yesterday, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 10

98 by Mateusu-chan »»
May 26, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

58 by romzanalimohon »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

» WHEN DOES YUNO DIE

Youbamii - Mar 27

2 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6

45 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 29, 6:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.