Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 4:56 PM

Nov 2016
Law definitely picked the wrong route. Loved how they picked a Pirates of the Caribbean-eque OST for Blackbeard pulling up, but they also switched it up quite a bit compared to the manga where we intially saw Blackbeard straight up on the attack.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 27, 4:59 PM

Dec 2021
Lucci, my guy, is making a comeback, and there's something different about him this time. He's actually questioning his orders.

Somewhere in the New World, CP0 gets the nod to take out Vegapunk. Why? Well, because the higher-ups think he might spill too many beans about the World Government. After chowing down, Atlas peaces out from Luffy's crew, and Luffy stumbles upon this machine that lets them switch up their outfits. But, hold up, when a Pacifista that looks like Kuma pops up, Bonney steps in and stops Luffy from throwing punches. Turns out, Kuma's her old man, her only family, and she's got the receipts to prove it. Meanwhile, over in another corner of the sea, the Blackbeard Pirates decide it's go-time on the Heart Pirates.

I really liked how they introduced the Vegapunks, especially with Lucci's involvement. Interestingly, the manga didn't show a visual representation of them, if I remember correctly. The scene with Recycle-cur chasing those three big idiots was hilarious. And finally, seeing the characters in their new outfits for this arc was a nice touch. Jinbe looked quite dapper, almost like he's on vacation.

The episode did a fantastic job conveying Bonney's emotions. The voice acting and soundtrack were spot-on, creating a perfect moment. However, it seems like the real challenges are just beginning, and the preview for the next episode hints at some intense moments. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Toei handles the upcoming fight.

The situation is getting dire for Law as Blackbeard sets his sights on him.

Jan 27, 6:00 PM

Sep 2015
The original poster is breaking MAL rules for the 5th time in a rule competing for number one spot.... how low can he stoop down?

Anyway,Interesting episode
AhriTheS3xyFoxJan 28, 7:53 AM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 27, 6:10 PM

Apr 2022
cipher poll are back with lucci, stussy and kaku and we learn of there being 6 vegapunks. luffy, bonney and chopper continue to be the best of friends lmao. kuma being bonney's father reveal gotta be tough for her, she's trying to help him despite them being attacked. it was about to be on sight with luffy had bonney not interfered. back with the heart pirates and even their route leaves them with enemies as law's about to step to blackbeard and his crew, its going off next episode.
luffy and bonney's egghead fits go hard.
ryzxgumJan 27, 6:14 PM
Jan 27, 6:28 PM

Mar 2016
Running away for not paying the bills, lol!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 27, 6:52 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

things are going to get ugly after this episode...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 27, 7:20 PM

Jan 2016
Every episode I finally figure something out in the opening, the episode ends up telling me. This time I noticed there are 6 of the "Vegapunks" and this episode confirmed and showed them. I'll put my list of them below in practicing remembering them as my brain only remembers Lilith (bad) and Atlas (violence) right now. Speaking of Atlas, apparently, she confirms violence is in fact what she was made for.

Judging by this episode, and next episode being recap of Law, if this anime is anything like Boruto I almost caught up with, Law dead.... Law... de..ad........ Don't exactly feel as bad though, this was a dumb fight for him to take, he literally has the counter of submerging. I like how blackbeard still has logs for ship.

CP0 joining egghead too, guess world government has no more use for him.

Luffy littering, tisk tisk. When I saw Jinbe's Hawaiian shirt options I laughed, his outfit is my favorite. The female outfits confuse me, but otherwise like the future style.
Egghead has a really awful legal set-up, litter, you get bitten crazily (guessing normal people die). There is no requests for pay at any point, but if you eat or get clothes, you get death penalty, with as Jinbe said, police radically vandalize the surrounding area.

I actually cried very, very soon when Bonney saw the Pacifista. I was expecting to be more so annoyed at her as she is well aware for Pacifistas, but I still was SUPER sad and kind of understand her even though acting illogically.

Punk-01, Shaka, Good. Relates to buddist figure is my understanding. Appears to be leader.
Punk-02, Lilith, Bad. Relates to a hell figure in some mythologies/religions. Appears to be plunderer for resources and money.
Punk-03, Edison, Thinker. Relates to Thomas Edison, someone or made lots of electrical/technological advancements in USA (Tesla more my vibe, but Edison better for Vegapunk). Uknown actions.
Punk-04, Pythagoras, Wisdom. Relates to "ancient Ionian Greek philosopher, polymath and the eponymous founder of Pythagoreanism.". Unknown actions.
Punk-05, Atlas, Violence. Relates to god who attacked other gods to has to hold up sky and heavens. Makes quality of life stuff for island, but apparently made for violence.
Punk-6, York, Greed. I am unsure who this relates to at time of writing this. Uknown actions.

Jan 27, 7:31 PM

Nov 2008
Law is an idiot! Why is he going for a fight with Blackbeard? Law doesn't have a combat crew, but he does have a submarine. Just submerge, sink Blackbeard's ship from under water and go along happily.
Jan 27, 7:44 PM
Dec 2022
That new Egghead music they playing for the Cipher Pol scene AAAAA GAWDAAMM
EDISON PYTHAGORAS YORK REVEAL Its cipher pol time oh boy recycollie my beloved
huahh i love the egghead music so much NEW FITS LETS GOOOOOOO
HEART PIRATES MY BELOVED some unfortunate stuff is about to happen unfortunately
I love them so much❤️❤️❤️

OOOOH THAT NEW MUSIC OOOOOOH
So hyped for Law vs Blackbeard fight GOD ITS GONNA BE SO GOOD BB crew running new devil fruits, its GONNA BE SO GOOD
I think next episode we get femlaw. the wait is over

manga spoilers dont click

Jan 27, 8:05 PM

Jul 2013
Although I had toyed with such a crazy idea, I would never have said with certainty that Vegapunk actually split into 6 people. At least this explains why Lilith and Atlas referred to themselves as Vegapunk.

In general, we were able to follow a very interesting conversation between Lucci, Kaku and Stussy, even if I don't fully understand why they were given the task of eliminating Vegapunk. Doesn't Vegapunk work for the world government, which he has proven again and again through countless of his inventions? Or maybe it has something to do with Kuma or what happened on Lulusia that makes him some kind of security risk?
In any case, the Kuma that could be seen behind Lucci also seems to represent one of the new Seraphim's. At least that's what the black wings on his back suggest. Likewise, I find Lucci's questioning of this mission extremely interesting, as even with his enormous intuition, he struck me as more of a person who only carries out orders in the name of justice.

The scene where Luffy, Bonnie and Chopper were chased by the Recycollie was pretty amusing. Reminded me a little of my vacation in Dubai, where littering was also punished with extremely high penalties.

Anyway, I really like the new outfits. Especially in Bonney's case. God damn, what a physique. In the case of the boots, it almost seems like Oda may have found inspiration in Rockman or Mega Man.

Bonney's family connection to Kuma may have been revealed to us in the last episode, but it didn't make the scene where she revealed it to Luffy, Chopper and Jimbei any less emotional. The choice for the OST and the voice acting were simply perfect. It particularly hit me when she told Luffy and Co. that Kuma represents her last remaining family and shortly afterwards the picture of a young Bonney and a previously unknown Kuma were shown.

With the change of scenery to Law and his crew, it can be said without question that he has clearly taken the wrong route, as in my opinion it is still far too early for him to have a promising fight against Blackbeard. Nonetheless, I liked the fact that we were able to see some familiar faces in the form of Burgess, Van Ogre and Doc Q again, all of whom represent the foundation of Blackbeard's crew. We haven't seen Burgess in a while and I was always curious about what happened to him after he got blasted by Sabo. Ending up with half a metal face may be a bigger injury than 90% of all the other One Piece characters, but in my opinion he can still consider himself lucky.

I have absolutely no idea how Law could get out of the current situation. We can only hope that he somehow makes it out alive.

Next week seems like we're getting a big Law recap episode. So kinda a one week break, which I'm fine with if it helps with the quality for the next episodes after.
Natsu88Jan 27, 8:34 PM

Jan 27, 8:18 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Cipher Pol is back, now with a Kuma-type Seraphim along with them? I'm fine seeing Stussy again but not Lucci, oh no no!

Bonney crying after seeing a police cyborg clone of her dad, Kuma... Watching that scene also got me. I cried too. Then there's a mini flashback of child Bonney with her father Kuma. I can't....I just...

The Heart Pirates have been ambushed by the Blackbeard Pirates! Four devil fruits from Blackbeard's crew have also been introduced in this episode. Law & his crew cannot escape. Blackbeard is ready to hunt his prey! This is gonna be wild!!
Jan 27, 8:47 PM
Jan 2021
Stussy, Kaku, and Lucci have all met up somewhere. Kaku explains that Vegapunk decided to solve more of his problems at once by splitting himself into six parts. As of now we’ve met Punk-01 (Shaka,Good), Punk-02 (Lilith,Evil), and Punk-05 (Atlas,Violence). That leaves Punk-03 (Edison,Thinker), Punk-04 (Pythagoras, Wisdom), and Punk-06 (York, Greed). These are the six satellites that make up Vegapunk. Cipher Pol Aigis Zero’s objective is to return Kuma to Egghead and take out the Vegapunks.

Luffy’s group meet a recycling robot called Recycollie. Luffy throws one of his finished drinks and it has the AUDACITY TO CHASE LUFFY because according to it Luffy littered. Like someone so amazing and badass would ever do that. Atlas leaves to do her job of being violent. Luffy finds a fashion machine and gets a new look, but he had to make sure to grab his hat as the machine almost took it. Bonney, Jimbei, and Chopper also used it and changed their swag up. Bonney leaves to track down Vegapunk, but Luffy’s Observation Haki senses something in the midst. Luffy says that it’s Kuma, and he is in a police uniform. Luffy tells everyone to run and then Kuma shoots his laser cannon. Bonney is in complete shock about the situation, but Luffy acts quickly to fight back. Bonney for whatever bullshit reason decides to stop Luffy as if she has any right!

DON’T EVER DO THAT CRAP TO THE FIFTH EMPEROR EVER AGAIN!

Bonney explains to the group that Kuma is her father, and Luffy explains to her that’s just a Pacifista, SO NOT THE REAL KUMA. The Pacifista shoots another laser cannon directly at Bonney and Luffy moves in to save her.

We move to see the Polar Tang (Law’s ship/submarine) and the Heart Pirates run into Blackbeard’s crew, who all have Devil Fruit powers now. This is about to be quite the battle!

In the ending segment we learn that Lucci was born June 2nd and he likes brandy and the name of his Zoan type Fruit is Cat-Cat Fruit, Leopard Model. We’re reminded how Luffy kicked his ass in Enies Lobby to save Robin.

I’M READY TO SEE THINGS HEAT UP EVEN MORE!
Jan 27, 9:30 PM

Apr 2016
The first look into Bonney's past, the reintroduction of Lucci, Kaku and Stussy, and the set-up of Law vs Blackbeard, it's time for the arc to really kick off!
I also like how you can tell Luffy's Observation Haki has leveled up a lot when going up against the Pacifista
Jan 27, 9:34 PM

Nov 2012
Liked the episode. Plenty of humorous gems like Jimbei saying the pacifista's attacks were vandalism.
The shoe sound effect is going to get really old really fast.

Beppo shocked that humans would be worried if we shed as much as he does was funny.
Blackbeard got himself a ship to rival the size of the Moby Dick.

dragynfaerieJan 27, 9:45 PM
Jan 27, 10:01 PM

Jul 2016
So we already have a full filler/recap epsidoe lined up for Egghead...
Jan 27, 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
Recap already?!?! Cmon....

And its time for that kitty to be declawed already.
Jan 27, 10:42 PM

Dec 2013
Confirmation that Kuma is Bonney's father!

Some crazy set up with Lucci returning and Law vs Blackbeard.
Jan 27, 11:40 PM

Jul 2013
Law vs Teach was kinda out of the blue? And they both seem expecting to run into each other too
Jan 27, 11:41 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah One piece is about to go full on nitro mode, so strap in, things are going to get crazy. Anime only's have no idea what were about to see in egghead.

Jan 27, 11:57 PM

May 2016
Blackbeard v law next week will be hectic! Hopefully bit of budget into the animation!
Jan 28, 12:04 AM
Apr 2020
Compared to the first 3 episodes, this episode was a bit slower but still it was FIRE- FREAKING EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥
Jan 28, 12:10 AM

May 2016
Knowing one piece it will be 19 mins of law recaps and 1 min of actually canon material 🤣
Jan 28, 12:31 AM
Apr 2023
12 years btw 💀💀💀
Jan 28, 1:14 AM
May 2022
next week filler btw 🥲🥲
Jan 28, 1:28 AM

Dec 2013
I'm I the only one who thought "WTF" when Law was telling his team to get ready to fight Blackbeard? Law has become delusional.
Jan 28, 2:30 AM
May 2021
Cant wait for Blackbeard vs Law fight!
Jan 28, 4:51 AM

Feb 2020
I knew there would come a time when they would have to add filler in the middle of this arc as it is very close to the anime catching up to the manga

Jan 28, 5:24 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Next week is a recap, you know they are cooking two weeks from now.
Jan 28, 6:15 AM
Mar 2021
it was really funny when luccis beard moved left and right
Jan 28, 6:33 AM

Aug 2018
Great to see Kaku, Lucci and Stussy back, explaining the Vegapunk clones, and that take that showed Young Kuma and Kid Bonney was so beautiful, never expected to see Kuma that way, completely different from what he's now. It was such a funny episode with Jinbe, Luffy, Bonney and Chopper wearing their new clothes for Egghead, and Law Crew vs Black Beard Crew is gonna be epic. Even though this episode's pacing was not as good as the previous ones, it's still great, but I'm actually fucking mad about the next ep being a Law recap.

9,5/10
Jan 28, 6:40 AM
Jul 2018
ZEHAHAHAHA BLACKBEARD IS HERE AND HE AIN'T F*CKIN' AROUND. Law better be ready cause it won't be easy without Luffy and Kid.
Jan 28, 7:46 AM

Nov 2023
Barely the beginning of an arc welcomes us with filler. Nice Toei
Jan 28, 8:20 AM

Aug 2021
man i'm really not ready to relive all the egghead chaos again... especially bonney and kuma's story
Jan 28, 9:16 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to otakuweek
another great episode

things are going to get ugly after this episode...
@otakuweek Things are already ugly with that mediocre animation style that Toei's reverted to.

Episode was boring especially in the middle and the only highlight was CP0's scene. Even the Law and BB scene at the end wasn't that great; I appreciate that Toei actually tried to show their initial encounter with each other since it happened off-screened in the manga, but they could've done a much better job in my opinion. Also I had to laugh at that minute and a half of Kuma charging a laser. Stall Piece strikes again.
Jan 28, 9:48 AM
Sep 2022
I liked the episode except for the scene where Kuma just walks towards them for a minute straight. The pacing was honestly fine except for that scene, the directors need to be more creative with their filler scenes. There were some nice animation cuts as well during the Kuma scene, so that was good.
Jan 28, 9:52 AM
Dec 2014
A useless recap mext week. We don't have dementia.
Jan 28, 10:34 AM
Jan 2023
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡴⠖⠚⠉⠉⠉⢻⣓⠒⠤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠞⠁⢀⣶⣾⣧⣤⣤⣴⣿⣧⡀⠈⠑⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣁⣾⠟⠛⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠉⠈⠉⠉⠒⢶⡌⢦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡔⢋⣥⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⡤⣤⣤⣤⣀⣀⠠⢀⣀⣍⠺⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡴⢻⣿⣶⣿⣴⣶⡿⠋⠈⡇⠘⣿⣿⢻⣻⣿⣷⣿⣿⣶⡌⢣⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢀⠎⣀⠈⣡⣾⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⢹⠀⠘⣿⡀⠳⣿⣿⣿⣿⣅⠀⠀⠳⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⡞⡸⠿⣴⢋⣿⣿⣿⡠⠄⠢⠄⠀⠀⠀⠘⠏⠉⠉⢿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⢣⠀⠀⠀
⠐⡇⡿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠉⠀⣠⣤⣀⢀⡀⠀⠀⡴⠒⠲⢈⣾⣿⢿⣿⣷⣶⢾⠀⠀⠀
⠈⣿⠃⣰⣿⣟⡟⠷⣄⠘⠁⠀⠉⢰⡃⠀⠀⠳⠼⢞⣫⡞⣿⣿⢾⣿⡇⡼⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠸⠆⠹⣿⣿⢹⠀⢸⠙⠒⠢⡤⠤⠥⣤⠴⠒⠺⡉⠀⣱⣿⣿⣄⢻⡼⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠘⢿⠙⣾⣓⠧⣄⣀⣸⠁⠀⠀⢸⣀⣀⠤⢷⠊⢁⣿⢟⣡⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⢽⣦⡀⠀⣍⠉⠉⠉⠙⡅⠀⠀⢘⣦⣾⡛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⢶⣿⣤⣤⣤⣴⣷⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣟⢳⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢉⡝⠉⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣁⣻⠦⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣯⠛⣤⠈⢦⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠁⠀⠀⣀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠈⠳⡀⠳⡀
Jan 28, 2:34 PM

Aug 2019
OH MY GOSH LUFFY LOOKS INCREDIBLE AS ALWAYS

Bonney crying got me

LAW NOOO
Jan 28, 2:55 PM
Jul 2013
•Vegapunk divided into 6 parts.
•CP0 is going to hunt down Egghead.
•Bartholomew Kuma is Bonney's father.
•And Law's path took him to Blackbeard.

Hectic chapter huh.
Jan 28, 4:11 PM
May 2020
so Kuma and Bonney are related? and just law's luck to run into blackbeard lol
Jan 28, 8:01 PM
Mar 2019
small44 said:
A useless recap mext week. We don't have dementia.

Agreed but for longtime viewers an Episode of Law is welcomed.
Jan 28, 8:49 PM

May 2015
why are we having a recap of Law's story now???
I think I should expect the worst 😭
Jan 29, 2:48 AM

Jan 2021
First we see Rob Lucci then we see Black Beard this arc is going to be insane Luffy’s new fit looks good Vega Punk split himself into 6 people that makes sense
Jan 29, 10:05 AM

Mar 2020
Quite the recap this time around.
Finally getting the explanation on the Vegapunks

How does Lucci even know about Lulusia?
Funny moment with the robot dog goes hard
Time for new outfits!!!!
Leave it to Toei to sexualize Bonney further

Interesting actions from Bonney this episode though, she's very emotional about Kuma, not even being able to tell apart a Pacifista version

Cute Bepo moment :3

Overall, this episode was really really slow. Taking its very sweet time, and to kill the momentum further, we're getting a recap episode next week :(
Jan 29, 1:23 PM
Nov 2021
saw kuma so instant 10/10
Jan 30, 5:16 AM
Sep 2021
I felt like I got more of an understanding of Bonney's past with Kuma
Jan 31, 2:13 AM

Feb 2021
So it was Her father who's become a robot that is being mass-produced?
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 1, 2:02 PM
Mar 2023
good lmaoo epic :)
Feb 2, 3:58 AM
Oct 2023
seru asik menarik menegangkan
Feb 3, 3:26 AM

Apr 2013
The reveal of Bonney's father wasn't a big surprise anymore after last episode. We saw CP-0 though, Lucci ready for another beating by Luffy or what lol. Blackbeard vs Law... poor Law dude, that's some tough luck.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

23 by phantom346 »»
23 minutes ago

» Copper lokes like stuff toy

Hickykissy - Sep 20

12 by JoyBoy »»
1 hour ago

» The most attractive person in the show? ( 1 2 )

tommygunn34 - Sep 17

90 by ShyBD »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1090 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 13

94 by Atlas77 »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1070 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Jul 29, 2023

322 by eustasskidd11 »»
Yesterday, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.