Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chained Soldier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
With Tenka properly introduced into this show, there's a feeling of character rivalries are tension.

Yuuki is still the center of attention because of his role and Kyouka did not waste time in getting him involved. Tenka has such a cool aura around her though, while others are more hotheaded especially Himari. Lucky bastard Yuuki gets his face stuffed by Himari's ass was priceless. He better get used to it LOL
Jan 25, 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
The animation quality is just... lol, and it's seriously undermining yet another one of Takahiro's brilliant works.

To prepare for humanoid demons, the Anti-Magic Force decided to enhance coordination among the squads. Kyouka then suggests to Tenka Izumo, chief of the Anti-Demon Corps 6th unit, to participate in the Mato Exhibition Games, a proposal readily accepted by Tenka. While Kyouka undertakes the task of obtaining approval from the higher-ups, Tenka prepares her Unit for the upcoming match. As Tenka and Yachiho depart, Yuuki contemplates the nature of the games. Abruptly, he is approached by Himari, who asserts that he must become her slave.

While on their patrol, a horde of Shuuki emerges in front of them. After Himari skillfully clears them with the jeep, she extends her hand and commands Yuuki to become her slave. Responding to her order, Yuuki undergoes a transformation, adopting a new iteration of his Slave form—the Slave: Whirlwind. Overwhelmed by the exhilarating sensation of his newfound abilities, Yuuki discovers that in his Whirlwind form, he can swiftly evade the oncoming Shuuki attacks, showcasing remarkable speed.

Now that power copying and diverse slave forms are in play, it's inevitable that we'll witness Yuuki being influenced by his sister or encountering a similar situation. However, I'm not entirely convinced that the reward solely hinges on his desire. There might be a connection to the master's 'constitution' in determining the outcome. And seriously, is Himari thinking clearly? Stopping time easily outshines speed, especially when it's a skill finely tuned through training. Yuuki is certainly proving his worth. Also, that girl with time-manipulating abilities seems reminiscent of Dio with some subtle tweaks.

The surge in tournament arcs this season is piquing interest; let's see if this one delivers on expectations.

Jan 25, 7:25 AM

Feb 2021
They keep censoring iconic scenes of the manga....

Jan 25, 7:27 AM

Jul 2017
The 6th Squadron's commander Tenka Izumo and sub-commander Yachiho Azuma comes to the 7th Squadron's dorm, both to inform them of the memo...and a Mato exhibition match between both squadrons to see who will emerge victorious, especially between the Azuma sisters of Yachiho and Himari. To that extent, the extensive training of Himari
with Yuuki's Shuuki assistance by learning the abilities of others through her Learning. But of all the abilities, Himari chooses to learn Kyouka's, which the slave's rewards are also shared in its intercompatibility. The truth about Himari, after cutting ties with her family to go on her own dependence, she wants to be like Kyouka. But to face Yachiho with her Golden Hour ability to stop time...they frankly don't stand a chance.

Unless both Himari and Yuuki can figure out a way to stop Yachiho from using her ability, it's focusing on the critical traits and using the Shuuki to test and perfect their techniques, the utmost especially, commanding Yuuki like Kyouka does. And the other member of the 6th Squadron, Sahara Wakasa, she's quite the no-show person who only shows up when she likes it. With the 10th Squadron's Ginna Bizen acting as the referee of the Mato exhibition between the 6th and 7th Squadrons, the Azuma sisters go head-to-head first

The anime's starting to rush the adaptation and cut corners...yikes. But it's not surprising...let the tournament arc resound!
Jan 25, 7:31 AM

May 2011
Not sure how they decide what lewds to include or not...

There was Nei not being in the bath with Himari in one of the previous eps
NSFW

Now it's a black fog shower for Yachiho
NSFW
Jan 25, 7:32 AM
Jul 2023
This is Muse Asia censored version for those wondering about censorship.

Jan 25, 7:42 AM
Mar 2020
Censorship is uber weird with this one.... some stuff is shown, other is hidden...
Jan 25, 7:45 AM

Feb 2021
1:58 Never knew that "mean" can mean "very skillful or effective; excellent"

Ah, so she's like Neito Monoma from MHA.
5:53 "I know, I know. It's physically demanding." Oh nooooo... XD
10:49 東の辰刻 (golden hour) - lit. "Azuma's dragon time" (the character for "dragon" is the one used for Chinese zodiac, not the regular 竜 or 龍). "Azuma" means "East" (it's an archaic pronounciation, usually it's "higashi").

11:28 塩ラーメン (shio raamen lit. salt ramen) - ramen in pale salty broth

Nooo not the cliffhanger aahhhh
Nice training arc episode. So glad that Yuuki and Himari are actually on good terms now. And the rewards were nice too.
Jan 25, 7:48 AM

Feb 2022
First of all, I love the Manga. After this episode I'm pretty sure Seven Arcs Studios hates it. There is no other logical explanation to do such a horrible adaption. Now even censoring stuff for no good reason, sad, sad, sad...
Jan 25, 7:50 AM
Sep 2021
Nice to see more demon force members being revealed & showing their abilities, so there's a tournament arc between 6th & 7th squadron. Except that there was some fan service, as expected.
Jan 25, 7:51 AM
Mar 2021
GensoTV said:
First of all, I love the Manga. After this episode I'm pretty sure Seven Arcs Studios hates it. There is no other logical explanation to do such a horrible adaption. Now even censoring stuff for no good reason, sad, sad, sad...

horrible? I think your overreacting a little bit!
Jan 25, 7:53 AM

Apr 2014
Lmao, what a trash adaptio this series deserves a score below 6.

Honestly this anime is going to fail to make any kind of impression with how trash it is in a bad way.

Censoring and removing godly fan service scenes and the art and animation being trash all around.

This is doing a real disservice to the manga lmao.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jan 25, 7:53 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to MrHunterxHunter
GensoTV said:

@MrHunterxHunter

It was trash, u better take of your fan service glasses mate.
-Accelerator-

Jan 25, 8:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given the fact that humanoid Shuuki are intellegent the corps taking active measures against them is to be expected. Still a war game between the two squads was quite the suggestion. The beast Himari style sure looked a bit cooler than his base version. The rewards part of that power is always so entertaining. Still really feel for Himari. The kind of pressure that you get if your sibs are overachievers really is tought. Despite how tough the training seems its nice to see Himari and Yuuki's bond gradually strengthen. Wouldn't be a war game without some protection in place but man what a way to choose who can make use of it. Really curious as to how this match would play out because looks like both parties have trained hard to prepare for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 8:30 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to MrHunterxHunter
GensoTV said:

@MrHunterxHunter It's trash, and you know it! Take off your fan glasses.
Jan 25, 8:39 AM
Mar 2021
GensoTV said:
@MrHunterxHunter It's trash, and you know it! Take off your fan glasses.

fan glasses?😂😭😭 what?😭

complete overreaction acting like this is the worst adaption ever
Jan 25, 8:42 AM

Jul 2016
Himari's inner tsundere is finally starting to melt away and it's kinda cool how Yuki's slave form is different depending on his mistress. If Shushu could somehow use Kyouka's ability you'd have a complete set:
- Kyouka: Balance of strength and speed
- Himari: Extra fast but weaker
- Shushu: Extra strong but slower
Jan 25, 9:01 AM

May 2019
I figured that this episode would end in a cliffhanger between the sisters' match and I'm rooting for Himari to win (and for Yuuki's reward). It is odd on what the studio decides to show regarding nudity, I think it would've been less controversial to simply adopt what the manga has shown /shrug.
Jan 25, 9:14 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
I figured that this episode would end in a cliffhanger between the sisters' match and I'm rooting for Himari to win (and for Yuuki's reward). It is odd on what the studio decides to show regarding nudity, I think it would've been less controversial to simply adopt what the manga has shown /shrug.
@Alfredo-Sauce

U spitting facts.

Censoring the anime on the uncensored version is some brain fart level of stupidity.
-Accelerator-

Jan 25, 9:17 AM

Mar 2021
Another super strong episode, marred only by some really weird censorship choices that aren't even consistent. Some scenes nudity is okay, some scenes it isn't. Very odd.

Happy with the adaptation here otherwise. It adapted right through the end of Chapter 13 today and was basically 1:1 to the manga. It did justice to a lot of great manga panels and the VA work is wonderful. Whirlwind looks surprisingly good too. Eager to see the Yachiho fight in full next week.
Jan 25, 9:34 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to Bandanaa
Another super strong episode, marred only by some really weird censorship choices that aren't even consistent. Some scenes nudity is okay, some scenes it isn't. Very odd.

Happy with the adaptation here otherwise. It adapted right through the end of Chapter 13 today and was basically 1:1 to the manga. It did justice to a lot of great manga panels and the VA work is wonderful. Whirlwind looks surprisingly good too. Eager to see the Yachiho fight in full next week.
@Bandanaa

No it was a weak episode.

And as you've mentioned censored, in my other censorship thread u said u were ok with nei censorship.

Talk abt someone being a hypocrite.
-Accelerator-

Jan 25, 10:09 AM
Aug 2020
i need a tissue, my nose is bleeding

damnnnnn

i forgot the story for 5 sec...

it was a good episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 25, 10:41 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to AcceleratorAngel
@Bandanaa

No it was a weak episode.

And as you've mentioned censored, in my other censorship thread u said u were ok with nei censorship.

Talk abt someone being a hypocrite.
@AcceleratorAngel Well yeah, Nei censorship is good because she's a child, fictional or otherwise. Himari and Yachiho are both adults and drawn like adults by comparison, and are the intended targets for the fanservice in this manga. So censorship for them is bad where it was good for Nei. It was a strong episode nonetheless.
Jan 25, 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
Well Himari did say she was willing to do anything to beat her older sister..even if that means using Kyouka’s ability which requires giving Yuki a reward lol

I was just wondering last episode when Himari would stop being such an asshole to Yuki for no reason. Of course it’s when she needs help with something. They did establish some chemistry rather quickly and you can feel the determination in Himari. Based on the flashbacks it seems she and Yachiho have a rivalry going back a long time, and that she’s traditionally come up short.

It’s pretty cool that Yuki’s transformation changes depending on who he makes the slave contract with. The version he takes on when he works with Himari seems more agile than the more brutish transformation with Kyouka.

Reward scene was solid. I see Yuki is a fellow sniff enthusiast, lol. Himari being so flustered and shy is cute. But, again, she said she was willing to do anything to win

I can’t stand Yachiho’s smugness, need someone to wipe that shit off her face and give her a little humbling. The start of the fight was so funny with Yuki not even giving her time to finish her sentence before sending her into next week with a blow lmao. Of course with her time ability she can just rewind it back which is so cheese, but next episode they should have something ready for her.

The animation during that fight was really bad though and has been throughout this adaptation.
Marinate1016Jan 25, 11:22 AM
Jan 25, 10:52 AM

Dec 2022
the fight between sisters has begun i am especially exicted for his reward in front of all those womens
Jan 25, 11:11 AM
Apr 2022
This adaptation really is so disappointing, from the animation to the censorship. I am struggling with the will to finish. I never would have thought a yuri like Gushing Over Magical Girls would ever beat out a show about sex slaves.
thunderkitten13Jan 25, 11:15 AM
Jan 25, 11:13 AM
Apr 2022
Bandanaa said:
@AcceleratorAngel Well yeah, Nei censorship is good because she's a child, fictional or otherwise. Himari and Yachiho are both adults and drawn like adults by comparison, and are the intended targets for the fanservice in this manga. So censorship for them is bad where it was good for Nei. It was a strong episode nonetheless.

It’s an anime…she’s not real. Why are you treating a drawing as if it’s living and breathing?
Jan 25, 11:18 AM

May 2018
Reply to thunderkitten13
This adaptation really is so disappointing, from the animation to the censorship. I am struggling with the will to finish. I never would have thought a yuri like Gushing Over Magical Girls would ever beat out a show about sex slaves.
@thunderkitten13 the animation was good. what are you even on about? Also did you watch the uncensored version? Because it's is the best episode.
Jan 25, 11:19 AM
Apr 2022
Sene0 said:
@thunderkitten13 the animation was good. what are you even on about? Also did you watch the uncensored version? Because it's is the best episode.

I’m on about this adaptation having censorship and poor animation. What are you talking about? There is no uncensored version when they literally didn’t animate certain scenes from the manga lol.
Jan 25, 11:21 AM

Feb 2021
Marinate1016 said:
The animation during that fight was really bad though and has been throughout this adaptation. Idk what happened to passione, but they’ve definitely fallen off
It's Seven Arcs not Passione.
Jan 25, 11:25 AM
Jul 2022
I laughed at the pseudo Sailor Moon pose and crane kick.

Jan 25, 11:28 AM

Aug 2022
So Himari and Yashiho are from the same clan.

That's why they have some similarities. I thought Himari was cute in this episode too. Can't wait to see the next fight between the two of them.

RafaBryanJan 25, 5:59 PM
Jan 25, 11:29 AM
Jul 2023
So this is where all the degeneracy from Mahou Shoujo wa Akogarete went this week. Lets rename the MC Chair-kun.
Jan 25, 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to Sene0
@Sene0

The animation was trash and bad mate.

Censorship is bad period, the anime is bound to fail, and it's also not giving the manga any good publicity.
-Accelerator-

Jan 25, 11:32 AM

Jan 2018
Himari's older sister is such a huge asshole. I don't understand how someone can be so mean to their own younger sister.

Why didn't Kyouka tell Himari the real physical demands of her ability? Lmao.

The quality of the animation of this anime is definitely subpar. And it's disappointing to see that it's actually toning down things from the manga. I wonder if I should just drop this for now and wait for a Blu-ray version as it may or may not be better than the TV broadcast version and might be more uncensored.
Jan 25, 11:57 AM
Nov 2022
A hardcore ecchi show that's censoring the ecchi, what a time to be alive.
Jan 25, 11:58 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to GensoTV
@GensoTV I think you should blame Pony Canyon and the committee the most for this bad adaptation tbh.
Jan 25, 12:13 PM

Nov 2023
A pretty fine episode that introduced some new characters and a tournament arc.

Main focus was on Himari and her ability which lets her copy other abilities and she used Kyouka's for her upcoming battle against her sister.
Jan 25, 12:40 PM

Dec 2018
at first i thought this show might have a story but really it's just a shallow backdrop to make an excuse for excessive ecchi. dropped.
Jan 25, 12:47 PM

Nov 2015
Well
Maybe always watch the censorship version. Whatever.

The animation is good.

Seeya o7
Jan 25, 12:57 PM

Jul 2020
Petition to change Chained Soldier name to That Time I Cracked Photoshop The Animation
Jan 25, 1:20 PM
Feb 2019
The adaptation is such a dumpster fire lol. Weak sound direction, incredibly bad action sequence, rushed pacing, and worst of all, censorship, which is ironic given its source material. You have to be incredibly forgiving and have a very low bar set to think this is even remotely a good adaptation, considering how incredible the art and action panelling are in the manga. Funny to see how Gushing over Magical Girls is garnering so much success than this garbage adaptation. I enjoy both series, but damn, really disappointed watching this anime.
Jan 25, 1:37 PM

Sep 2018
This show continues to be a bitter disappointment

If the studio doesn't pull it's socks up aand deliver a properly directed episode soon this is going to crash and burn.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 25, 4:30 PM
Oct 2019
Look guys, it's the price of her ability, not that she was horny or something... lol

OH MY GOD, why there is a Censorship when i watch the Uncensored version? LMAO
Jan 25, 4:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
doesn't seem like they really "removed" anything, just more so they censored/midly censored some of the scenes

WHICH IM HOPING will be completely uncensored in the BDs

theyre INSANE if they don't... theyre already CRAZY for the changes they've already made

anyway, this is STILL my favorite anime of the year and more than likely the last few years, even though ecchi wise Magical Girls has been way better so far
EcchiGodMamsterJan 25, 4:43 PM
Jan 25, 5:17 PM

Sep 2023
It was nice to see Yuuki interact more with another member of the squad in Himari. His rewards are pretty tame so far tho, hopefully they will get better as time goes on and it's sad to see that they removed some ecchi scenes from the manga.
Jan 25, 6:14 PM

Apr 2022
nipps ftw but animation is not it. i never read the manga for the fights anyway and glossed over them quick but its still jarring to see here.
Jan 25, 6:23 PM

Nov 2010
  • Apparently, Tenka anime version lacks the charm of the manga version.
  • The practice match system seems similar to that of World Trigger.

Jan 25, 8:00 PM

May 2015
Yachiho has some major Jojo villain energy with her poses and time manipulation! Thankfully our Himari and Yuki pairing is all about speed. They sure did warm up to each other fast!
Jan 25, 8:03 PM
Mar 2021
In my opinion it’s been slowly getting worse and worse. Just hope the studio gives some justice to the mangas actually good art
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wait for the Blu-Rays?

mechian - Feb 25

16 by Nucleus69 »»
May 31, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15

69 by eskrimpanas »»
May 29, 10:10 PM

» Marketing Scheme

DarkHomieC - Feb 1

38 by SharonCollins »»
May 28, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite girl?

Shizuna - Mar 24

23 by Gator »»
May 23, 12:06 PM

» DxD ripoff

5hyguy - Feb 14

41 by Gator »»
May 23, 12:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.