Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
How resourceful...after the confrontation with the golem, it looks like they managed to harvest some of its resources for food. Smart and resourceful imo.

I think it's cool just by how the series changes its food and dishes often from meat to veggies. Not going to lie, I think the character chemistry in the show also remains fluid among all the cast members. Another entertaining episode.
Jan 25, 6:00 AM

Dec 2021
Hmm... do they keep making more golems at times, or perhaps ones that last longer or have improved features?

Raios and the gang stopped by the campsite that Senshi usually uses as a base. In front of the group appeared a golem, a magical creature made of earth. Senshi, appearing accustomed to it, restrained the movements of the golem. On the fallen golem's back, fresh vegetables were flourishing. Senshi was using the golem's body as a makeshift field for cultivating vegetables. With an abundance of vegetables obtained from the golems, the group found themselves with more than they could consume. Pondering on what to do with the surplus, Senshi clarified that his usual trading partners were likely absent. To avoid wasting the food, they resolved to trade the excess vegetables at one of the dubious establishments located nearby within the dungeon.

Senshi, the true hero in the shadows. Absolutely. Never underestimate the essential roles of janitors, maids, caretakers, and maintenance personnel—they're the backbone of keeping your spaces running smoothly. On a serious note, using human waste as fertilizer is a risky move due to potential disease transmission; opting for animal waste is a safer choice.

Now, the burning question remains: how many people will faithfully follow the recipe to create this extraordinary dish?

Jan 25, 6:59 AM

Feb 2021
The dub subtitles start with "The third floor of the dungeon". The ones we want start with "On the third basement floor of the dungeon".

6:59 I'd like to think these names have meanings. 太郎 (tarou) - lit. "fat son", a common male given name (most often one more character is added in the beginning, like 蘭太郎 (rintarou) from Kaoru Hana, 恋太郎 (rentarou) from 100 gfs, etc.). 次郎 (jirou) - lit. "next son". 三郎 (saburou) - lit. "third son".

8:33 The dishes weren't translated. "simmered whole cabbage", "root salad".

Never liked boiled carrots tbh. Raw carrots all the way.
They were the ones stealing the money from the chest lmaoooo ToT
I think Marcille and the ork's conversation was really serious, but the comedic moments were amazing too lol.
22:14 "Simmered cabbage with stolen vegetables and chicken. ~together with pillaged bread~"
"spicy chicken and simmered cabbage" (top)
"Crêpes" (bottom-left)
"Bread" (right)
This looks like the best meal so far imo. I love spicy stuff.

Now we finally know where to search for the dragon!
Jan 25, 7:48 AM

Jul 2016
"When you make something easier, you may lose your edge in a skill. Convenience and ease aren't the same thing."

There's just something about dwarves and casually saying the most profound stuff. Senshi's right up there with Eisen.

Find someone who looks at you the same way Marcille looks at a golem-grown cabbage
Jan 25, 7:49 AM

Mar 2021
Marcille seems to really like her vegetables.
That little Orc was adorable
Jan 25, 8:05 AM

Oct 2020
Senshi is very smart and resourceful to make walking gardens for his food, I'm impressed.
Jan 25, 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Even in a dungeon such as the Golden Castle, Laios can tell who and what to avoid, and Senshi even has his own base of operations should he need to cook monster meat. And the topic of Golems, high in nutrition, he uses them to protect his stock of vegetables, which have all grown on their backs. Killing their cores means that Senshi is having a symbiotic relationship with them to grow, kill and spawn more Golems in the process to cultivate the soil on their bodies. With the harvested vegetables, Senshi is able to create normal food, and even the amenities like the toilets here are also quite clean. Even people's faeces are also used as fertilizers, which Senshi works hard down under, whereas people like Laios can do on the surface. What Senshi is doing is to keep the dungeon alive as its own garden, and it's a subservience that he takes cares of the place so that monsters will not thwart the remaining Golems. What kindness is someone to treat the dungeon like its second home.

That said, selling vegetables to customers stuck down under, they're a real bunch of hooligans...which when the orcs arrive to kill the humans, they notice Senshi, which are his actual customers. Once again, the Red Dragon surfaces, but that the orcs can't exactly fight back in their settlement, and they're desperately in need of resources, though Senshi offers them a proposition that would bring them back to their settlement...he's only interested in the bread-making process from the leftover leaven that's not rotten milk. But soon after, the bread-kneading competition of actions back and forth between Marcille and the head orc, the latter group has had their fair share of issues being maligned on the surface, only to retreat down in the dungeon...while Senshi completes the bread. Convincing the head orc's young son, rather, is a breeze with the orcs making food for them.

It's a trade between Laios and the head orc to tell them where to locate the Red Dragon, and in the end, it's a win-win solution where food brings everyone closer.
Jan 25, 8:22 AM

Jan 2009
they now got a lead where the red dragon is located
Jan 25, 8:24 AM
Jan 2024
They didn't eat a monster this episode but they ate from a monster. This counts. Sort of.
Jan 25, 8:48 AM
Aug 2020
this was another great episode

damn, they killed humans than they are celebrating together as if nothing happened earlier (lol)
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 25, 9:01 AM

Jan 2022
Aside from being a good cook and a resourceful person, Senshi is a kind soul, and he is full of wisdom. I love how he acknowledges the things around him and how he lives his life according to his own beliefs and purpose. I am learning a lot from him.

Quoting some of Senshi's dialogue in this episode that made an impression to me:

"I do it because I like it. It's not tough at all."

"When you make something easier, you may lose your edge in a skill. Convenience and ease aren't the same thing."

"The dungeon is like a garden; you can't abandon them and expect to reap their rewards."

"パン! パン! パン! パン!..."

memori01Jan 25, 9:12 AM
Jan 25, 9:18 AM
作画

Nov 2019
weak episode, sacrificed even, it covered some of the weakest chapters anyway so I don't care that much...
Jan 25, 9:21 AM

Jul 2015
Senshi is easily the best girl in this show.

Jan 25, 9:21 AM

Sep 2016
This was a good episode, nice to see that golems are just mobile gardens.
Jan 25, 10:00 AM

Dec 2016
The whole lore of elves and orcs from the surface was quite fascinating and also the whole ecosystem of golems being used as a vegetable lot.

That said, I still find it quite hard to feel entertained by what the show offers so far. Even though something like the Campfire anime isekai was plain power level mixed with the soup of the day kind of anime it was quite entertaining enough to look forward to each new episode. In here I don't feel that vibe despite the better production values and lore.

There's also some tonal whiplash in this particular episode. The orcs just masacred the humans and other low lives in the tavern (whom the heroes were looking forward to trade) and our heroes didn't feel any sort of empathy towards the deceased, and yet they manage to get all friendly with the orcs despite them being greedy unnapologetic mofos (not saying that they should have gone all saiyajin against a whole horde of orcs, but at least feel some internal guilt or loathe for these pillagers and murderers). Senshi's words of wisdom about "doing things the easy way dulls your skill" it's nothing but cheap words printed on the bottom of a coaster in a tavern, when he doesn't care that the yeast and flour they used to bake the bread is soaked in blood of innocent people.

I'll keep watching till we reach the end of the first cour and decide if it's worth the whole trip or not.
KimurahJan 25, 10:13 AM
Jan 25, 10:28 AM

Dec 2022
everything is useful and deliouses in deliouses dungeon
you wont know its dangerous unless ye eat it -famous last words
dont have a home or food come to the dungeon and make it your home and eat monsters
if it doesn't kills ye its edible
Jan 25, 11:03 AM
Jul 2016
Marcille finally gets to eat "normal" food!!!! It's gonna be a while till she can do that again lmao.

This show always has such fun and unique ways to using monsters. I'll heard of golems. Hell, I've seen fantasy series use golems AS farmers. But I don't think I've seen a series use golems as THE GARDEN ITSELF lmao.

Also this was an extra comic about orcs which is incredibly funny, and I wish it could have been adapted even if it makes no sense in the timeline lol.

Laios is such a perv, lol!
Jan 25, 11:07 AM

Jul 2017
Lore was good but the enjoyment levels watching this was very low. Can appreciate the detail with the world building but this was still pretty boring to watch. Felt like it took a long time to get through this, even though the idea with the stories of the elves and orcs and the use of golems used as vegetable sources sounds interesting here.
Jan 25, 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
One thing this episode excelled that is for me to like Senshi even more than before. What he did involving the golems won't be looked upon kindly by everyone in his world, but you have to appreciate how much he goes to maintaining the cycle of the golems while being able to grow delicious vegetables on their backs. Heck, even Marcille didn't complain as much this time! XD

Either way, they did have an overload of veggies on them, so it was fitting that they came upon a group of orcs who were desperate for food, although the leader didn't take kindly to humans or elves for things done in the past. I do respect Marcille for her bravery in standing up to him and arguing back, which was pretty funny.

In the end, Senshi was able to make bread and, with the help of the others, made more yummy food that satisfied everyone. The orc leader also showed his respect towards Laios after hearing his resolve while also giving a map and telling Laios's group about where the red dragon might be located. Hopefully this will get our group one step closer to finding and beating that dragon so Laios can save his sister.
Jan 25, 11:19 AM

Mar 2021
Senshi brought up a good point about how doing things the simple way dulls our skills. My teacher told us about how his grandparents could start their own fires, de-feather their chickens, etc. while we rely on others or technology. That's not necessarily a bad thing tho, as it frees us up to develop other skills, like Marcille with her magic :)

Food really brings people together! The trick to productive meetings is food—even something as simple as coffee can help. I liked how Marcille went toe-to-toe with that orc dad, as it's a fun way to do world-building ^^
Jan 25, 11:22 AM
Feb 2021
Fantastic episode. Focusing on the maintenance of the dungeon and the different species that inhabits it was phenomenal. Props to the team for the idea
Jan 25, 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
This show is very up-down and episodic so far. And while last week was an engaging episode with the Living Armour, this was a dull one by comparison. Hopefuly we get something more interesting to tie this all together soon, rather than it just being an episodic cooking show with occasionally-interesting episodes.
Jan 25, 11:34 AM

Aug 2011
Senshi is the supreme OTTOSAN

» Escapism.

Jan 25, 12:19 PM

Dec 2018
This is just way too boring for me, going to have to drop.
Jan 25, 12:31 PM

Aug 2023
Another good episode. This show is really great so far.
Jan 25, 12:38 PM
Feb 2021
well, episode. That little orc is cute (Kawaii).
Jan 25, 1:03 PM

Jun 2012
Senshi best character, confirmed. Hard working and just does what he likes.
Jan 25, 1:32 PM

Mar 2020
Marcille changed her hairstyle 0.0
Jan 25, 1:39 PM
Feb 2019
Loving the world building and lore of this series. Really tempted to dive into the manga, but I'll do my best to be patient till the anime is done airing. Fantasy loving fans eating good this winter with Delicious Dungeon and Frieren. See you next week!
Jan 25, 1:55 PM

Jun 2020
Marcille was protecting her cabbage like it was her child (she finally see normal food after 3 ep)
Jan 25, 2:17 PM
Jul 2015
Not the best episode so far, but OK, I guess
Jan 25, 2:39 PM

Feb 2019
There’s nothing that brings people together like good food. Was nice seeing Marcille and the orc leader eventually reach common ground over Senshi’s amazing food.

Speaking of Senshi, man what a guy. Just doing what he loves doing. Not because it’s easy, but because it’s what he wants. He’s 100 percent right that the dungeon needs him, and honestly they need more people like him down there. Such a selfless fella. Taking care of the golems and other creatures down there while also cleaning up and helping things run smoothly.

That scene of him cleaning up the poop and piss down there right after eating was cool because it really summed up how he’s not just killing and taking from the ecosystem of the dungeon, but helping the natural cycle of life down there by utilising that stuff as fertiliser for the crops, using the golems for the veggies etc. This anime could honestly be shown at Boy Scout meetings since that was one of our mottos “leave no trace” lol. Environmental responsibility: the anime

I love how the orc leader used the story he was telling his son in order to make backhanded remarks about elves and humans. Instead of backing down, Marcille just stands straight up to him and talks shit back. The orcs weren’t innocent themselves and although it’s an unfortunate situation for the younger generations, it’s not like people started hunting the orcs for no reason.

In the end, they won him over and now have a general idea of where the red dragon is. Can’t wait to see more of the dungeon!
Marinate1016Jan 25, 2:45 PM
Jan 25, 3:15 PM
Jan 2024
Fun ep! I really liked the idea of using golems as cropland to grow all sorts of vegetables. The use of all the monsters so far have been so original along with the idea of the dungeon operating as an ecosystem. Senshi the MVP of this ep for breaking the tension between the orcs and humans/elves

tysalrightJan 25, 3:28 PM
Jan 25, 3:49 PM

Sep 2017
You know it's kinda hard to feel empathy for the orcs after watching them raid a bar and murder everyone lmao. There is definitely some misunderstood history between orcs and other races but it's kind of a hard thing to look past after just witnessing brutality.
Jan 25, 4:21 PM
May 2022
I saw somewhere that death in this universe doesn’t mean much and this universe and I didn’t get it until now lol. Orcs murdering everyone. But there’s some interesting character and world building here as usual. Very Senshi involved episode.
Jan 25, 4:45 PM
Apr 2023
A hearty meal can really bring people together and can help understand each other.
Jan 25, 5:27 PM

Jul 2016
Best episode of the show so far. Really liked the focus on Senshi's mindset and seeing Marcille doing something besides constantly whining was a nice change of pace.
Jan 25, 5:44 PM
Mar 2020
what i'm wondering is how do the vegetables grow in that dark room with no sunlight 🤔
Jan 25, 5:45 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to ProofByColor
You know it's kinda hard to feel empathy for the orcs after watching them raid a bar and murder everyone lmao. There is definitely some misunderstood history between orcs and other races but it's kind of a hard thing to look past after just witnessing brutality.
@ProofByColor I do think that it carries a bit less weight in this context since apparently anyone who dies while inside the dungeon can be revived, but it's still violent regardless
Jan 25, 6:04 PM

Jul 2022
Senshi truly shone in this episode, showcasing not only his ingenuity in using goblins as a garden but also his role in maintaining order in the dungeon. His efforts include cleaning and preventing stronger monsters from ascending.

We also discovered that a good meal brings everyone together, regardless of race or past conflicts with orcs, highlighting the unity that can be found. Now, Laios has valuable information about the Red Dragon.
Jan 25, 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
Another good episode. I love how it uses the concept of food. It was nice to see the Orcs were chill. I like the guy playing the main Orc dude in the dub.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 25, 6:17 PM

Jan 2023
Dungeon Meshi E04 mini Ribsview

+ Silly and fun but the lore about the dungeon ecology is really intersting
+ The detailed dishes always make me hungry lol
- Feels a bit slow

Time to eat and wait for the next one!

Score 8/10
Jan 25, 6:32 PM
Oct 2019
Finally some normal food for the first time LMAO
Jan 25, 6:38 PM

Nov 2023
Senshi is literally the best character in this entire show.

This episode was a lot more calm compared to last week as there wasn't really any fights but them gathering stuff and then, the Orcs as well. I also loved the world building we got, as we learned more about the Orcs, Elves, and even Humans.

At the end, the Orc leader revealed where the Dragon may be at so I'm excited for that.
DevonniusJan 25, 6:44 PM
Jan 25, 7:15 PM

Mar 2007
Sustainable farming, a balanced ecosystem due to Senshi's efforts and farm to table food in the dungeon.

Plus everything looks delicious.

What an amazing anime, I'm loving this so much Senshi just became one of my favorite characters.
Jan 25, 7:23 PM

Mar 2020
Latest episode's food are very normal 😂😊
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jan 25, 7:37 PM

Oct 2014
Marcille changed her hairstyle!! I was like she looks a bit different
Jan 25, 8:13 PM

Dec 2017
Another great episode, things will keep getting better and better from here on out.
Jan 25, 8:44 PM

Dec 2022
race relations are tense therefore we must cook Delicious food in the Dungeon
Jan 25, 9:27 PM

Oct 2016
This show just keeps on getting better. I never thought they would touch on the concept of connecting and bonding with enemies over food. This show just keeps surprising me, and I heard it’s only going to get better. (9/10)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I am sure you all must have noticed it, but didn't pay any mind

Yeshaiah2015yesh - May 30

20 by Merve2Love »»
Yesterday, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

86 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Yesterday, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

valoon - Aug 5, 2023

263 by clairess »»
Jun 2, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OtterBoy1 - May 30

82 by CrowTheCryptid »»
Jun 2, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

152 by Kartogamo »»
Jun 2, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.